• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember R E A C H |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Playlist changes generally look pretty awesome, though a bit disappointed by the removal of Crash Site.

It would be nice to have some Classic Firefight gametypes thrown in there too where lives are the limiting factor instead of time. Quick games are a great feature, but the option to go much longer would be welcome. Extending the games to a set in 4 player Firefight helps, but doesn't do much for Score Attack.

Maybe longer games would need it's own dedicated playlist, so players who want quick games won't get stuck in a long game and be forced to quit. Obviously not an issue in Score Attack since the player can select whatever.

Trasher said:
Why not? Just use a second controller with a guest signed in. Easy money.
That or as someone mentioned earlier, play normally (i.e. die a lot :lol), save and quit at the last checkpoint, resume your game and don't die between that checkpoint and the end of the level.

As for FF assists, using a grenade launcher in regular FF should work well enough. Killing 50 Elites is gonna be way more time consuming.

Gui_PT said:
How the hell am I going to kill 50 elites?

And more assist challenges? Goddamn Bungle!

Edit: Do you guys want to party up and get th FF assists? I'm saving a spot for Cuban, so if there are 2 people interested in joining, let me know. We'll get those assists in 3 or 4 games.
I wont be on until after Noon EST. Then I have 2 hours between then and 2:00PM EST before I go to work. So if you can be on at those times then that's cool, if not then pick 3 gaffers and go in without me, I'll be home from work @ 7:30PM EST.

After finally killing the Elites with the concussion rifles at the AA gun, and after having died by them several times previously, not to mention all the times I've died while getting to the AA gun, I get run over by an AI marine driving my warthog that I got out of to kill them with my DMR.

I give up.

Edit: going to do this the cheap way in co-op later.

Trasher

Dax01 said:
After finally killing the Elites with the concussion rifles at the AA gun, and after having died by them several times previously, not to mention all the times I've died while getting to the AA gun, I get run over by an AI marine driving my warthog that I got out of to kill them with my DMR.

I give up.

Edit: going to do this the cheap way in co-op later.
*high-five*

EmperorPalpatine.jpg

Gui_PT

Cuban Legend said:
I wont be on until after Noon EST. Then I have 2 hours between then and 2:00PM EST before I go to work. So if you can be on at those times then that's cool, if not then pick 3 gaffers and go in without me, I'll be home from work @ 7:30PM EST.

Just msg when you're on. If I'm not on at that momeny, I'll read the message and join you.

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
1000/1000 get.

Wonder what the achievements with the DLC will be.. Hopefully not as silly as the Halo 3 DLC ones.

Insaniac said:
created two teleporters and had a friend falling between them till he reached terminal velocity, then I switched another receiver to shoot him through the invisible wall. He still died from the softkill barrier but he shot very far, and once he passed the invisible wall you could venture wherever you wanted in theater mode.

That sounds so amazing the way it is worded. :lol

Ah, if only we could fly to space like the Valhalla glitch in the beta. That was a really cool feature.. Would make great for a forgeworld 2.0.

Amory

God damn, there's a part in the campaign where you're asked to take out an anti-aircraft gun during level 5...I was under the impression you had to storm the gun and shoot the core, the way I did with the first one I took out, and it seemed impossible with the number of guys, a tank, and 2 hunters firing at me.

Then I realized if I just
shot the thing with the warthog gun it'd just blow up eventually
and I felt like an idiot.

Magni

Demoncarnotaur said:
That sounds so amazing the way it is worded. :lol

Ah, if only we could fly to space like the Valhalla glitch in the beta. That was a really cool feature.. Would make great for a forgeworld 2.0.

Portal: Halo edition?

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
the new map pack will just split the user base, and with black ops round the corner its a bad thing way to go bungie :lol

I mean it didn't kill the game.
open your wallet

would be worse if Bungie DIDN'T sell us more maps given the shithouse selection on the disc

Kentpaul

jizzlobber said:
I mean it didn't kill the game.
open your wallet

would be worse if Bungie DIDN'T sell us more maps given the shithouse selection on the disc

I don't see the need for new maps when bungie would just make awsome forge maps.

of course il buy them but it will be epic fail

Kentpaul said:
the new map pack will just split the user base, and with black ops round the corner its a bad thing way to go bungie :lol
No, it won't. Read the BWU. Everyone will still have access to the same matchmaking playlists and will not be locked out for not having the DLC. Bungie sounds to have greatly improved how they integrate DLC into matchmaking.

Also, 2 Forged maps are on the way, with more coming via Forgetacular contest. Patience.

MrBig

Kentpaul said:
not when i had to fork out 10 quid just to join different types of playlists
They aren't splitting the playlists this time, they learned from their mistakes.
People with the pack will automatically be matched together, along with a seperate playlists dedicated to only the new maps.

Kentpaul

MrBig said:
They aren't splitting the playlists this time, they learned from their mistakes.
People with the pack will automatically be matched together, along with a seperate playlists dedicated to only the new maps.

Still splitting the userbase what ever way you look at it

waste of 10 quid.

MrBig

Started work on a semi-symmetrical ctf map on the back part of the island today
reach_6741529_Full.jpg

If I can I would like to put down some temporary spawns and do the red base for a quick playtest in customs tonight

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Just had my first and maybe last game of Campaign matchmaking. Playing ONI site (obviously), and all three of my team will not move when the game starts. as time goes on they all start to die but until only one person is left that hasn't died (and so can therefore get the challenge). What do they do? Camp at the start of the level, meaning every time I die I get spawned back with them. Seriously, I should have expected this but the level of sheer idiocy of people playing just makes me want to scream. ARGH!!!

People still complain about paying for DLC?

:lol

WTF go get a better job if you have to complain about 10 quid. You'll be playing these maps for hours and hours its well worth it.

Mr. Sam

Jedeye Sniv said:
Just had my first and maybe last game of Campaign matchmaking. Playing ONI site (obviously), and all three of my team will not move when the game starts. as time goes on they all start to die but until only one person is left that hasn't died (and so can therefore get the challenge). What do they do? Camp at the start of the level, meaning every time I die I get spawned back with them. Seriously, I should have expected this but the level of sheer idiocy of people playing just makes me want to scream. ARGH!!!

Had a similar experience when I played yesterday, only my team were so upset when they died that they all betrayed me. The Halo community can be, uh, somewhat questionable at times.

Kentpaul

xxjuicesxx said:
People still complain about paying for DLC?

:lol

WTF go get a better job if you have to complain about 10 quid. You'll be playing these maps for hours and hours its well worth it.

I don't have a job and that 10 quid could have went towards weed, but il just need to fork out now:lol

i just dont see the point in having to pay for maps when they have the forge map system in the game.

OMG Instinct just destroyed Category 5 in Onslaught Flag...spawn killed them the entire game and got 5 flag caps in 2 minutes. Category 5 got 3 kills combined.

Mr. Sam said:
The Halo community can be, uh, somewhat questionable at times.

On that note: Hi HaloGAF!

Love the planned playlist changes. Wish we had VS. Firefight in there though.

Junior Speculation: What are the odds that they have some kind of ODST-esque campaign expansion in the works for next year and THAT is when we'll see new FF maps?

Raide

Bregmann Roche said:

Junior Speculation: What are the odds that they have some kind of ODST-esque campaign expansion in the works for next year and THAT is when we'll see new FF maps?

Welcome. :D

Hrmm...I think Reach is pretty self contained, story wise. I think they might just be making more MP maps and adding Forge maps as the good stuff appears.

MrBig

Bregmann Roche said:

ODST came about because the team that was to help out for the Halo movie had some free time. The whole studio is probably on the next ip now.

Raide said:
Welcome. :D

Hrmm...I think Reach is pretty self contained, story wise. I think they might just be making more MP maps and adding Forge maps as the good stuff appears.
But what happen to Jun? I WANT TO KNOW THAT! Maybe 343i is working on something that has to do with Reach...

Hypertrooper said:
But what happen to Jun? I WANT TO KNOW THAT! Maybe 343i is working on something that has to do with Reach...

ODST was loosely based on The Inferno. Why couldn't they do a Jun/Halsey adventure loosely based on Harold and Maude? The seeds have already been planted! The seeds!

Kentpaul

Hypertrooper said:

i don't want no b team touching my halo :lol

Sai-kun

Banned
Kentpaul said:
I don't have a job and that 10 quid could have went towards weed, but il just need to fork out now:lol

i just dont see the point in having to pay for maps when they have the forge map system in the game.

Because frankly, Forge is fucking ugly and terrible compared to the work people at Bungie could do.

Also :lol @ bolded

Raide

cuevas said:
The only thing with forge is that I wish it all didn't look the fucking same! GRAY GRAY GRAY GRAY.

Forgers need to use the Special Effects stuff more. :lol We can make some brown, brown, brown maps and green, green, green if you like!

Magni

cuevas said:
The only thing with forge is that I wish it all didn't look the fucking same! GRAY GRAY GRAY GRAY.

The "Color" option is such a tease. I hope Tempest allows us to switch colors, for real this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom