• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember R E A C H |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Willeth

Alienshogun said:
You do realize that Frankie is the "mind" behind the Halo storyline right?

He has "the halo bible."
And look how well he did with Legends.

Hypertrooper said:
But what happen to Jun? I WANT TO KNOW THAT! Maybe 343i is working on something that has to do with Reach...
Jun's fate is in the updated Fall of Reach book, I believe.

He is killed by an Elite while protecting Halsey and allowing her to escape. The Elite is
Thel 'Vadamee, who later becomes the Arbiter.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Willeth said:

There was nothing wrong with legends, story wise. While some (myself included) didn't like the dragonball crap, or some of the other "silly" crap, nothing really got violated. Halo has always had a "silly" side.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
Alienshogun said:
You do realize that Frankie is the "mind" behind the Halo storyline right?

He has "the halo bible."

I dont play halo games for the story line, i play for the multiplayer and i play each halo game for years, il be moving onto bungies next Ip

Willeth

Alienshogun said:
There was nothing wrong with legends, story wise. While some (myself included) didn't like the dragonball crap, or some of the other "silly" crap, nothing really got violated. Halo has always had a "silly" side.
Well, okay. If you want to talk about content, I'm with you. There was not really anything too egregious in there (although we can argue about Elite samurai for hours). However, almost every single story was told exceptionally badly, and I'm amazed that they were allowed to be.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Willeth said:

Jun's fate is in the updated Fall of Reach book, I believe.

He is killed by an Elite while protecting Halsey and allowing her to escape. The Elite is
Thel 'Vadam(ee), who later becomes the Arbiter.

Odd, because in the legendary commentary they allude to the fact he is alive.

Perhaps what you read was AI/ONI propaganda.

Kentpaul said:
I dont play halo games for the story line, i play for the multiplayer and i play each halo game for years, il be moving onto bungies next Ip

Good for you, someone get this man a cookie.

Willeth said:
Well, okay. If you want to talk about content, I'm with you. There was not really anything too egregious in there (although we can argue about Elite samurai for hours). However, almost every single story was told exceptionally badly, and I'm amazed that they were allowed to be.

Yeah, that's going to happen through "animeification."

At least a couple were worth a watch though.

Willeth

Alienshogun said:
Odd, because in the legendary commentary they allude to the fact he is alive.

Perhaps what you read was AI/ONI propaganda.
I haven't heard the commentary, but now I'm questioning what I've been told (not having read the book myself).

Hrm.

EDIT: I did dig up this bnet post, which was promptly censored presumably for spoilers. It's quoted further down, though. http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=50562557&postRepeater1-p=1#50562621

E2: Looking at that commentary clip, it seems like they're saying 'Jun doesn't die [in the game]'. It's not as solid as I thought it might be, but maybe I'm looking for a loophole.

E3: More things!

photo.jpg

Some guy in that same thread talks about it being Thel Lodamee killing Sheila, though, because Resplendent Fervour was nowhere near Reach, only Particular Justice. So I guess welp

E4: Hang on, this only appears in the reprint. I can't see why it would unless it pertained directly to Reach.

Fake E5: I'm spending way too much time on this.

Foxy Fox 39 said:
Anyone remember the Halo 3 beta where you could use the banshee on Valhalla to glitch and fly into space? How awesome would that be to do in forge world? You could literally make Cloud City from Star Wars with everyone in jet-packs. People could fall all the way to the ground shooting at each other or jet-packing. Think about it.

Now all I have to do is figure out how to glitch out of forge world and into space.:D
Best Halo glitch ever. Of all time. The best part was falling down and not receiving any fall damage. There's a easter egg that lets you fly really high up, but you still have fall damage and a timed death (if you fall for a certain period of time, you automatically die).

Edit: And I agree with Willeth. Jun's dead, and a very nice way to tie his death in with existing canon.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Willeth said:
I haven't heard the commentary, but now I'm questioning what I've been told (not having read the book myself).

Hrm.

EDIT: I did dig up this bnet post, which was promptly censored presumably for spoilers. It's quoted further down, though. http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=50562557&postRepeater1-p=1#50562621

E2: Looking at that commentary clip, it seems like they're saying 'Jun doesn't die [in the game]'. It's not as solid as I thought it might be, but maybe I'm looking for a loophole.

E3: More things!

Some guy in that same thread talks about it being Thel Lodamee killing Sheila, though, because Resplendent Fervour was nowhere near Reach, only Particular Justice. So I guess welp

E4: Hang on, this only appears in the reprint. I can't see why it would unless it pertained directly to Reach.

Fake E5: I'm spending way too much time on this.

Could also be explained later as another spartan or even Noble 6. There were more spartans on Reach.

Lets be honest with ourselves, if they want Jun back, you know damn well he will be back. After all, like I said, you could just be reading AI/Oni propaganda. :D

Smokey

Shake Appeal said:
I see Kentpaul is back to trolling the Halo threads. :lol

He has to have something to do. Working for a living is for pussies, and for people who don't appreciate the finer qualities of being a bum.

Willeth

Alienshogun said:
Could also be explained later as another spartan or even Noble 6. There were more spartans on Reach.

Lets be honest with ourselves, if they want Jun back, you know damn well he will be back. After all, like I said, you could just be reading AI/Oni propaganda. :D
Well, the thing about the Spartan protecting who I think we can safely assume is Halsey negates quite a few options, but yeah, I'm sure it's left uncertain for a reason. It's just too poetic to have Jun die for it not to be the case, though.

But yeah, it's a couple of steps removed from certainty.

ChrisD84

No wonder hardly anybody plays in the objective playlist, you can never finish a game without someone quitting.

I've just had two matches and in the first it ended up 3v1 (started as 3v3), and in the 2nd, one by one 5 of the other 7 people in the game quit in the first round of CTF :|

I like objective modes but i can't be bothered wasting my time if this is all i am going to get :(

Edit: Jesus christ, the very next game in the arena, the whole of the other team quit within 2 minutes, am i cursed or something? :lol

feel

Walked around a bit on Atom, can't wait to play it in matchmaking and hopefully it plays as good as I think it will. I hope Bungie removes subpar maps like the Cage and Ascension once more decent community maps start making it into matchmaking.

Spike6663 said:
Office of Not Dying

Complete ONI on Legendary without dying.

Any tips for this?
Just did it with a friend, we both plugged in a 2nd controller, and played the level with the guests leaving our mains behind. Easy cR.

Kentpaul said:
your the guy with the big ass list of complaints :lol
But it's because he cares about the game and wants it to be the best it can be.

xxjuicesxx said:
People still complain about paying for DLC?

:lol

WTF go get a better job if you have to complain about 10 quid. You'll be playing these maps for hours and hours its well worth it.
This. 10 bucks for the hours and hours of enjoyment I get out of these is just nothing, I spend way more on actually worthless/unnecessary stuff daily.. :lol

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
BadAss84 said:
No wonder hardly anybody plays in the objective playlist, you can never finish a game without someone quitting.

I've just had two matches and in the first it ended up 3v1 (started as 3v3), and in the 2nd, one by one 5 of the other 7 people in the game quit in the first round of CTF :|

I like objective modes but i can't be bothered wasting my time if this is all i am going to get :(

Edit: Jesus christ, the very next game in the arena, the whole of the other team quit within 2 minutes, am i cursed or something? :lol

I've gotten a bit tired of the quitting in Halo.

It seems people either quit out, or I'm alone Vs a team of friends. Halo is one of those games where if you aren't with friends against people playing together you will get donged on and repeatedly, that isn't much fun.

I think I'll just play when others want to play from now on.

BadAss84 said:

It seems like there are more quitters on the weekend then during the weeknights. Had multiple games today where multiple people quit

Roche

Devin Olsen said:
Email your address so I can send it off!

I just did a second ago, Reach's soundtrack is my favorite Halo soundtrack so I'm quite happy to have gotten it.
I probably would've bought it for myself if I had the cash.

feel

ChrisD84

Wow, 4 arena matches in a row all slayer dmr's on powerhouse :lol

BlueScrote said:
It seems like there are more quitters on the weekend then during the weeknights. Had multiple games today where multiple people quit

Quite possibly, but quitting is a huge problem either way.

Have bungie said anything about whether or not they are planning to address this?

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Plywood said:
-I'd really like Arena FFA.

-How does anyone feel about Team Arena having some objective maps/gametypes?
I would love it but it can't happen. A way to put a rating to an individual's performance in an objective gametype was never discovered.

Kentpaul said:
Willeth said:

cmon_sonycxv.jpg

Oozer3993

Plywood said:
-I'd really like Arena FFA.

-How does anyone feel about Team Arena having some objective maps/gametypes?

- I'm kinda stumped as to why this hasn't happened yet. It probably will soon.

- Unless you can come up with a formula for calculating performance in an objective game, that's never going to happen.

Trasher

Dax01 said:
Best Halo glitch ever. Of all time. The best part was falling down and not receiving any fall damage. There's a easter egg that lets you fly really high up, but you still have fall damage and a timed death (if you fall for a certain period of time, you automatically die).

Edit: And I agree with Willeth. Jun's dead, and a very nice way to tie his death in with existing canon.
So we aren't spoiler tagging story elements any longer? Well I guess it technically isn't a campaign spoiler haha.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Trasher said:
So we aren't spoiler tagging story elements any longer? Well I guess it technically isn't a campaign spoiler haha.

I would think if Bungie is saying "ok time for handholding is over" then it's ok for it to end here too.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Tashi0106 said:
I would love it but it can't happen. A way to put a rating to an individual's performance in an objective gametype was never discovered.
Really? I didn't know that. That does explain why Objective gametypes don't have ratings though.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Oozer3993 said:
- I'm kinda stumped as to why this hasn't happened yet. It probably will soon.

- Unless you can come up with a formula for calculating performance in an objective game, that's never going to happen.
Yea. I think it's more than that though. There aren't systems in place to measure important things that happens in objective gametypes aside from flag caps and kills. You're right, it can never happen.

zlatko

Banned
Easily the worst day of Arena ever, ever for me.

Played Pinnacle about 8 times over the course of my 12 games. I shit you not.

2 on reflection, 1 on cage, 1 on sword base. It was like being fisted by a bum with a hand covered in razorblades dipped in aids.

I hate Zealot, Cage, and Pinnacle in that order of strongest hate. The rest of the maps I can handle and make due with till the map pack, but Jesus these 3 need to gtfo rotation so often. I want more Powerhouse, Swordbase, and maybe countdown.

To top off the crap maps I had an infinite supply of turd spawns where the other team is literally 10 feet behind me ready to pounce. Could it get worse? Of course! 2 games I had people shooting magnum bullets and punching me to weaken my shields to steal power weapons...mind you these were "team mates" doing this shit. Starting to happen WAY too often. I had a game on reflection where I spawned as Blue start of game and went to run for the sword only to be riddled with bullets by a team mate because of it. Luckily I was able to boot his ass for killing me all the way, but god damn.

There has to be something Bungie can do to stop this team mate punching me on purpose shit. It's happen too damn often. :/

ElRenoRaven

Alienshogun said:
I would think if Bungie is saying "ok time for handholding is over" then it's ok for it to end here too.

I agree. Bungie says handholding time is over. So it makes sense it should be that way here.

They can do objective rankings in Arena

Formula would be:

Winning Team +1 point
Losing Team No points

Winning would be the only thing that matters (This would be like Halo 3)

Well that would work but umm it wouldn't be like Slayer Arena formula at all...which is a pretty stupid system anyways rewards whoever can get kills quickest not k/d or support (at least properly)

Lunchbox

Banned
fuck oni, fuck you luke smith for making that challenge. tried doing it on campaign matchmaking, once 1 guy dies he just betrays everyone else and quits. 4 times now ; ;

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
My impressions of campaign matchmaking - people are dicks.

Played about 5 games today, finished 2. I've run into betrayers, people sat there with a second controller doing nothing, screaming children, quitters and someone who thought it would be a good idea to shoot a rocket at my wraith... it's just a clusterfuck of idiocy and it's a real shame. The two games I did play were really fun. Lag doesn't seem too bad and the tactics you can pull off with a big team are really satisfying to someone like me who never gets to play co-op. The playerbase almost ruins it for me though, and having 'not dying' challenges just makes it all the harder.

LAUGHTREY said:
What time is customs tonight? I'm looking for people for 4v4s tonight for some slayerpro or even MLG.
Oh wow customs tonight! Perfect I think I'll actually be able to play in them tonight.

I am am down for MLG Customs or anything even, right now. Is anyone else on?

Mooreberg

is sharpening a shovel and digging a ditch
Do Elites show up in any of the solo score attack modes? I've only tried Gruntpocalypse so far. Going for 50 kills with three other people doing the same sounds too annoying to be worth the credits.

Neuromancer said:
Not even bothering with that one.

The problem with campaign challenges that don't revolve around killing a certain type of enemy is that you'll always get more credits by spending the same amount of time in multiplayer or firefight. I don't do the ones that involve entire level play throughs either.

Pennybags

Mooreberg said:
Do Elites show up in any of the solo score attack modes? I've only tried Gruntpocalypse so far. Going for 50 kills with three other people doing the same sounds too annoying to be worth the credits.

Try Sniper Attack/Crashsite, those are usually pretty good for nabbing a few Elites.

Playing Gruntpocalypse... it ain't gonna happen. :lol

Dug

Banned
Devin Olsen said:
Oh wow customs tonight! Perfect I think I'll actually be able to play in them tonight.

I am am down for MLG Customs or anything even, right now. Is anyone else on?
I could probably play right now, but we might need some more people.

Mooreberg

is sharpening a shovel and digging a ditch
Pennybags said:
Try Sniper Attack/Crashsite, those are usually pretty good for nabbing a few Elites.

Playing Gruntpocalypse... it ain't gonna happen. :lol

Yeah I know, I just do Gruntpocalypse for challenges that involve killing enemies in the hundreds. :lol

Thanks for the tip!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom