• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember R E A C H |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Random thought. Anyone miss the camo pattern on the arms of the spartan from the beta? I liked it, it was subtle but still added to a little diversity. Wonder why it got cut.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Blueblur1 said:
Can someone please explain why I'm getting a 'Challenge Failed' message when trying to complete 'Pass the Rock'?
People just don't even glance at a thread before asking questions, huh? :lol

zam

Blueblur1 said:
Can someone please explain why I'm getting a 'Challenge Failed' message when trying to complete 'Pass the Rock'?
Challenge is broken, it only counts the assists you get before your first death each game

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
zam said:
Challenge is broken, it only counts the assists you get before your first death each game
I got one assist before dying in different games, and it still says 1. I think it requires you to do all 20 before dying in a single game. Fuck that shit.

Trasher

Blueblur1 said:
Pro tip: at least read the entire page that you post on before asking the same question that 20 other people have already asked (and they asked on the same page too :lol ). :p

Devolution said:
Someone should just rename the thread to Pass the Rock is Broken.
:lol

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Devolution said:
Someone should just rename the thread to Pass the Rock is Broken.
ZA9J8.jpg

Tashi0106 said:
Nope :lol

Woah really?

Im not very high in MLG myself, but ive played it at 50 high a few times and generally its been pretty well mannered, I guess the more you play it the more dicks you see. I tend to find that you can judge the good players from the bad ones by the way they handle themselves, the REALLY good players are usually quite modest, and the dudes who are just like semi good have stuff like MLG and XxX in theyre names and trash talk to look cool. :lol

I guess at 50 MLG high when your playing it all the time, that distinction fades away lol?

darthbob

Trasher said:
Pro tip: at least read the entire page that you post on before asking the same question that 20 other people have already asked (and they asked on the same page too :lol ). :p

REAL Pro-tip: Shoot the Cyberdemon until it dies to win.

Oozer3993

LAUGHTREY said:
Probably never, cause it's not broken. It can't work without a harddrive.

It is broken. The Xbox is not correctly identifying itself to the game. The game thinks it's an Arcade, sans any hard drive, while in actuality there's 4 GB of flash memory to play with, which is enough for co-op/firefight. MS has already said they're working on a fix.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
bobs99 ... said:
Woah really?

Im not very high in MLG myself, but ive played it against 50's a few times and generally its been pretty well mannered, I guess the more you play it the more dicks you see. I tend to find that you can judge the good players from the bad ones by the way they handle themselves, the REALLY good players are usually quite modest, and the dudes who are just like semi good have stuff like MLG and XxX in theyre names and trash talk to look cool. :lol

I guess at 50 MLG high when your playing it all the time, that distinction fades away lol?

The "fights" I used to get into the most in MLG were either against Europeans or Australians who pulled host but still lost
get shit on
, players with points who get beat
get shit on
and are really butt hurt. They say things like, "Play me on LAN", "point check" or, "You're a random". I also get people who have seen my stream or have my seen my top 10 play and give me shit for that. I used to get things like, "stop streaming, you're bad" "stop streaming, your connection sucks!" Which is hilarious because I FiOs and I hardly ever pull host anyway lol. "You think you're good because you were on top 10?!?"
get shit on
They would also come into my stream if I were streaming just to talk shit. Most of the pros are actually pretty nice. They call out and do all that good stuff, say good game, give tips, things like that.

Lazslo

MLG Reach is just so much more entertaining then MLG H3 in my opinion. I just think the single shot battles are so fun to watch. Just watching these Reach games, I have already learned a couple jumps and tricks I was previously aware of.

Tashi0106 said:
The "fights" I used to get into the most in MLG were either against Europeans or Australians who pulled host but still lost
get shit on
, players with points who get beat
get shit on
and are really butt hurt. They say things like, "Play me on LAN", "point check" or, "You're a random". I also get people who have seen my stream or have my seen my top 10 play and give me shit for that. I used to get things like, "stop streaming, you're bad" "stop streaming, your connection sucks!" Which is hilarious because I FiOs and I hardly ever pull host anyway lol. "You think you're good because you were on top 10?!?"
get shit on
They would also come into my stream if I were streaming just to talk shit. Most of the pros are actually pretty nice. They call out and do all that good stuff, say good game, give tips, things like that.

Haha yeah I was gonna say, im expecting butthurt players, and people bitching about lag, but generally most players I play at that level dont have the stupid ego's. MLG sucks at the level im at because its literally like listening to a bunch of retards trying to act tough.

But yeah, I guess the guys who are gonna call you out on your stream or top10 clip are gonna be all over matchmaking. :lol

Play me on lan Trashi you bk, ill rape you

I actually give up on solo Halo 3 matchmaking, I cant believe theres still afkers/ quitters and derankers. :(

MrBig

Took my reach disc out of my xbox for the first time since launch today to play through medal of honor's campaign (EA is the death of multiplayer). Never playing that game again.
It's good to be home again.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Since I've hit the rank cap, I miss the progress bar egging me on to play more. In fact I've hasn't played much matchmaking recently. Guess I want to watch the bar fill up more than actually play some times, hah.

feel

I keep getting challenge failed after my first death, and it doesn't track any more assists from that game, weird...

Dani said:
Since I've hit the rank cap, I miss the progress bar egging me on to play more. In fact I've hasn't played much matchmaking recently. Guess I want to watch the bar fill up more than actually play some times, hah.

I just reached the top rank today and noticed that, kinda disappointing, can't wait for the cap to go up.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Letters said:
I keep getting challenge failed after my first death, and it doesn't track any more assists from that game, weird...

me too. Anyone know what's up with this?

darthbob

Neuromancer said:
Just finished Fall of Reach; what's the next best Halo book?

First Strike or Ghosts of Onyx.

Contact Harvest is pretty good too if you like reading for Johnson in your head, but Cole Protocol is just...idk.

Falagard

Tashi0106 said:
me too. Anyone know what's up with this?

I can't believe nobody has asked about the broken assists yet. What's going on here? It's like they only register assists before your first death???

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
So apparently on the Blue Team side of Hemmorhage you can go up the rocks in the back right and get to the top and snipe people.

We lost the game cause the guy on my team stood up there after he wasted the sniper, so it wouldn't respawn.

His name is CounterSniper22, check the gameviewer, filter to just his name, wish I could take a screenshot but no theater/pics on 4gb slim.

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/GameStats.aspx?gameid=240833120&player=CounterSniper22

I tried to see exactly where he was during the game, but I couldn't find him.

edit: Checked in forge, there's two killzone area's there, but they don't fully cover it. He happened to not get killed by them.

Dani said:
penny_arcade_021210s579.jpg

Red

Plywood said:
So apparently on the Blue Team side of Hemmorhage you can go up the rocks in the back right and get to the top and snipe people.

We lost the game cause the guy on my team stood up there after he wasted the sniper, so it wouldn't respawn.

His name is CounterSniper22, check the gameviewer, filter to just his name, wish I could take a screenshot but no theater/pics on 4gb slim.

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/GameStats.aspx?gameid=240833120&player=CounterSniper22

I tried to see exactly where he was during the game, but I couldn't find him.

edit: Checked in forge, there's two killzone area's there, but they don't fully cover it. He happened to not get killed by them.
Are you talking about the sniper rock or are you saying players can actually get out of the map?

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Crunched said:
Are you talking about the sniper rock or are you saying players can actually get out of the map?
What is the sniper rock? And yeah, from what I could tell he was out of the map, I went to the back rocks and looked up and I couldn't even see him.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Three best angles of the guy, via the gameviewer:

o5ADJ.jpg

sfePk.jpg

zreMt.jpg

When I had found him(near the end of the game) he was from what I could tell in the very back.

Just checked deaths and he died twice up there also:

kDUJO.jpg

Red

Plywood said:
What is the sniper rock? And yeah, from what I could tell he was out of the map, I went to the back rocks and looked up and I couldn't even see him.
Sniper rock has been there since Halo:CE's Blood Gulch, but was notoriously difficult to reach until its iteration in Halo 2's Coagulation. It's a little stone structure that sticks up from the side of the rock wall and provides cover for players who manage to get on the ledge behind it. It overlooks blue base and blue base's teleporter receiver.

Yep, going from your pictures that's where he looks like he was.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Crunched said:
Sniper rock has been there since Halo:CE's Blood Gulch, but was notoriously difficult to reach until its iteration in Halo 2's Coagulation. It's a little stone structure that sticks up from the side of the rock wall and provides cover for players who manage to get on the ledge behind it. It overlooks blue base and blue base's teleporter receiver.
I think that's where he was or at least near it when he was killing, but he was hiding in the back top ledge at the end.

Plywood said:
Three best angles of the guy, via the gameviewer:

o5ADJ.jpg

sfePk.jpg

zreMt.jpg

When I had found him(near the end of the game) he was from what I could tell in the very back.

The one on blue side actually has a history of people bansheeing up there in h2.

Lazslo

Oh shoot Tash you were on a top 10? You have a link to any of those videos, I'd like to watch that. It's nice to see that everything I taught you is being put to good use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom