• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember R E A C H |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red

bobs99 ... said:
Sniper Rock has been famous for longer than that, you can get up there via Banshee in Halo 1 aswell. Actually you can get up there in a Ghost lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4ljpH8Nb5c

I wanna know how the dude got up there in Reach though? Ive Jetpacked up there but apart from that theres no Banshee :S
You can walk up to it. You could walk up to it in H2 as well. There's a ridge that leads up there.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
TheStringTheory said:
Why am I constantly getting "pass the rock challenge" failure notifications ? EVERY GOD DAMN GAME I GET THEM.
Cause Saren is so kawaii =^ω^=;!! wwwwwwwwwwwww

Serious answer: thing is busted, the little notification is a minor nuisance, breathe in breathe out, you'll be fine.
bobs99 ... said:
Sniper Rock has been famous for longer than that, you can get up there via Banshee in Halo 1 aswell. Actually you can get up there in a Ghost lol:

I wanna know how the dude got up there in Reach though? Ive Jetpacked up there but apart from that theres no Banshee :S
Nade jump, possibly?

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Devolution said:
The one on blue side actually has a history of people bansheeing up there in h2.
Hahaha, only a fool needed to waste a bashee on it. Ghost could get up there also!

You could get up on both sides too.

bobs99 ... said:

Jumping on others would be my guess. Or nade jumping.

I'm reading the credit reset/ban thread and it's really pathetic how many boosters are blaming Bungie for the fact that resets are even possible. How amoral or full of shit does one have to be to blame Bungie for an oversight the player decided to exploit over and over without compunction. I dunno maybe I'm getting old.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
TheStringTheory said:
Why am I constantly getting "pass the rock challenge" failure notifications ? EVERY GOD DAMN GAME I GET THEM.
Me too. Does anyone know what's up with this?

MrBig said:
One of the things I thought was interesting is they say they put the multiplayer levels into the campaign, I always figured it was the other way around:

The one thing that kicked our butt the most was the fact that we included all of the multiplayer spaces in the campaign. That was my decision and that was the one, in hindsight, had we gone back and re-created this game from scratch, we may not have done that. That was such an immense pain in the butt with regards to the competing interests that multiplayer had versus what the campaign had. It was really hard to juggle. The ultimate result of that, I have to say, I'm very pleased with how all of the spaces turned out, but the time it took to get there was far greater than anything we had anticipated.

If it's an arena space, it's a cyclical, multiroute kind of environment. Those are really hard to navigate and engage with in a campaign experience when you are typically driving from point A to point B. Use of those spaces was kind of tough to reconcile, even the Invasion spaces. Those were good ones too because there are so many little nooks and crannies and places that you can hide in. To really utilize that space for the campaign was a challenge. I would say the reverse is true then, when it comes to campaign needs and how the campaign would drive some spaces that multiplayer needed. Multiplayer would say, "Oh whoa. This doesn't work at all for what we really need"-- to support all of the different gameplay modes they need to support.

http://www.gamespot.com/special_feature/reach_finalthoughts/image-feature/index.html?image=11

zam

Devolution said:
Jumping on others would be my guess. Or nade jumping.

I'm reading the credit reset/ban thread and it's really pathetic how many boosters are blaming Bungie for the fact that resets are even possible. How amoral or full of shit does one have to be to blame Bungie for an oversight the player decided to exploit over and over without compunction. I dunno maybe I'm getting old.
I love the people going "omg why was I banned I never glitched ever" and then ferrex swoops in telling them they glitched 30 times in an hour :lol are they hoping that bungie is going to restore their credits or are they really so stupid they forgot plling the network cable out 30 times within an hour :lol

Dug

Banned
Domino Theory said:
BUT, I can't use it thanks to the Preview Program. :(
Don't worry, I believe that they'll be releasing the new dashboard for everyone in November, so you can view it then.

Neuromancer said:
Preview program doesn't let you use avatar awards? That's assy.
I believe it's because of the updated avatars you can't use them yet.

Am I the only person who gets very frustrated with the jetpack-only areas in Asylum and Boardwalk? When people go up there constantly with the sniper rifle, it ruins otherwise decent maps (for me at least).

feel

The zanzibar/lastresort remake someone posted earlier seems pretty good. Does anyone know of any really good The Pit and Guardian remakes? The ones I've found just seem to have the proportions all wrong.

And noticed that they included a specific animation for when you enter a mongoose from the front, pretty cool touch (which never seem to end with this game, I just keep finding more and more).

Van Owen

Banned
BlueScrote said:
Am I the only person who gets very frustrated with the jetpack-only areas in Asylum and Boardwalk? When people go up there constantly with the sniper rifle, it ruins otherwise decent maps (for me at least).

I kind of dislike most of the equipment. When an entire team is flying around with jetpacks it just doesn't feel like Halo. Sprint is fine.

thetechkid

Van Owen said:
I kind of dislike most of the equipment. When an entire team is flying around with jetpacks it just doesn't feel like Halo. Sprint is fine.

I prefer jetpacks to spring most of the time(jetpacks are suicide on hemorrhage). I don't get the "doesn't feel like halo" thing with jetpacks. People are always getting up high and sniping or shooting people from above, jetpacks just make it easier to get up to them and kill em. Plus it's fun as hell to use a jetpack to surprise attack someone from above.

wwm0nkey

Letters said:
The zanzibar/lastresort remake someone posted earlier seems pretty good. Does anyone know of any really good The Pit and Guardian remakes? The ones I've found just seem to have the proportions all wrong.

And noticed that they included a specific animation for when you enter a mongoose from the front, pretty cool touch (which never seem to end with this game, I just keep finding more and more).
Here is the remake thread on forgehub

wwm0nkey said:
Thats probably where I found the Narrows Remake we tried out on customs-warmup.

Been going through forgehub threads like crazy in the past 2 weeks, so I've already had a taste of these amazing maps. I've got to say, Letters... you're going to be impressed with some of these remakes. I'll be on tomorrow if you want you want to play on them just invite me or join my party if its open.

feel

Cuban Legend said:
Thats probably where I found the Narrows Remake we tried out on customs-warmup.

Been going through forgehub threads like crazy in the past 2 weeks, so I've already had a taste of these amazing maps. I've got to say, Letters... you're going to be impressed with some of these remakes. I'll be on tomorrow if you want you want to play on them just invite me or join my party if its open.
Sounds good.

J-Roderton

Cuban Legend said:
I'd play today, but... Fable II has got me by the balls right now. And with good reason.

In fact I havent played a single game of Reach today, I better at least cheese my way through Nightfall for those 4000 cR before I call it a night. :lol

Same. I took the weekend off. Got to catch up on fall break this week. Team Snipers will be on the list by then!

By the way, Fable 2 is fucking awesome.

Thermite

That assist challenge....

oa63wp.gif

Striker

wwm0nkey said:
Scanned, and did queue up a bunch. Default Foundry. :lol

BlueScrote said:
Asylum is getting adjusted next update - soft kill zones being added.

I'm not aware of the Boardwalk issue. But I might know what area you're talking about. If it is, I wouldn't think it hinders games as much.

J-Roderton

Striker said:
Scanned, and did queue up a bunch. Default Foundry. :lol

Asylum is getting adjusted next update - soft kill zones being added.

I'm not aware of the Boardwalk issue. But I might know what area you're talking about. If it is, I wouldn't think it hinders games as much.

Where are the kill zones going on Asylum? If you know.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Snipe three isn't the only thing that needs to be fixed. Blue Carbine is busted as well, and there's an area on top flag that can be exploited like snipe 3.

GhaleonEB

Yikes, I might have to download a crapload of those remakes as well. I'm at a bit of a brick wall on my current map, but I'm still hoping to get an early version ready for customs next week.

I'm hoping for a nice, meaty weekly Challenge in the morning. I never got to do this weeks due to time and lack of interest in many of the daily MP Challenges.

Lazslo

I thought this quote from Marcus was pretty interesting regarding using all the Multiplayer levels in Campaign:
The one thing that kicked our butt the most was the fact that we included all of the multiplayer spaces in the campaign. That was my decision and that was the one, in hindsight, had we gone back and re-created this game from scratch, we may not have done that. That was such an immense pain in the butt with regards to the competing interests that multiplayer had versus what the campaign had. It was really hard to juggle. The ultimate result of that, I have to say, I'm very pleased with how all of the spaces turned out, but the time it took to get there was far greater than anything we had anticipated.
I bet if they just did what H3 and H2 pulled off, that being Multiplayer spaces that looked similar to different campaign levels but not identical geometry- no one would really care or hold it against them. It's a cool feature, but it doesn't really add much to the overall experience and the hassle doesn't equal the reward.

Source- Hate the layout of this interview, so many clicks just to read a fucking interview.

Van Owen

Banned
darthbob said:
If only they could fix the framerate issues on that particular map.
Has Bungie discussed the framerate at all? Choppiness during cutscenes is one thing, but on some of the larger maps it is a real problem that disrupts gameplay.

Hoping for a title update that smooths things out...

darthbob

Van Owen said:
Has Bungie discussed the framerate at all? Choppiness during cutscenes is one thing, but on some of the larger maps it is a real problem that disrupts gameplay.

Hoping for a title update that smooths things out...

Nope. In fact, they've either completely dodged the subject or just flat out said that the framerate is 'fine'.

It isn't, and any moron could go check the part in Long Night of Solace where you look at the Sabre through the windows, and see that the framerate dips down to 15-20.

Asylum has this badly too at Sniper spawn, you grab it then look down that long corridor, with 10x zoom. Tell me there isn't a framerate drop there.

Smokey

darthbob said:
Nope. In fact, they've either completely dodged the subject or just flat out said that the framerate is 'fine'.

It isn't, and any moron could go check the part in Long Night of Solace where you look at the Sabre through the windows, and see that the framerate dips down to 15-20.

Asylum has this badly too at Sniper spawn, you grab it then look down that long corridor, with 10x zoom. Tell me there isn't a framerate drop there.

There isn't a framerate drop there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom