• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember R E A C H |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

feel

bobs99 ... said:
Why would he retire from Halo over a broken challenge? :lol
"Like Mike"

edit- dammit, I hate doing these worthless top of the page posts, here's a cute puppy

ae2p9h.jpg

Shake Appeal said:
Yeah, there's been this weird kill/score counting bug since launch. I don't understand it.
I've noticed it too. It happened in our game with Bungie, and I noticed it in my game in which I got the weekly challenge.

cuevas said:
MJ is worldwide!

Haha yeah he is, my bad. :lol

I dont know anything about his career, other than hes like awesome. So I didnt get the joke before:

PM urk with an announcement of your retirement from Halo.

Play MLB 2K10 for as long as you can stand it.

Put Reach back in your console.

PM urk with "I'm Back".

Challenge unlocked!

By the way, im sure he is worth more than 2k - Bungie should be accurate and give us more credits. :D

Shake Appeal said:
Yeah, there's been this weird kill/score counting bug since launch. I don't understand it.

Me either. I had a couple games on hemmorage where I had that happen. I thought it may have been related to the fact that I was tank whoring, but wasn't sure. :lol

Won my first ever Crash Site round today (got lucky and got the indoor generator on Crash Site). That's a cool mode, I wish they weren't taking it out.

could it be that its not counting kills that others finish for you? Like I shoot you four times, your teammate throws a nade and kills you, I get a "kill" but it doesn't give me credit?

cuevas said:
could it be that its not counting kills that others finish for you? Like I shoot you four times, your teammate throws a nade and kills you, I get a "kill" but it doesn't give me credit?

Just looked at the game again. Seems like if their is a host-migration during the game it may screw with how the challenge works.

Bregmann Roche said:
Just looked at the game again. Seems like if their is a host-migration during the game it may screw with how the challenge works.

Maybe, I know migration has ruined some of my friends' perfections.

sw33tclyde said:
About 3 or 4 hours of playing and I'm almost done with all of the challenges. I only need 3 more killstreaks and I'm done!
It's not just killstreaks that count. Spawn sprees, shotgun/hammer sprees, etc, those work too.

Insaniac

SquallASF said:
I know, but many of us are blocked from work. Just went back several pages and didn't see it, I'll see if I can google this shiznit or something.

Get 100 kills in any game mode

Get 90 covenant kills in firefight matchmaking

Kill 10 opponents while jetpacking in multiplayer matchmaking

Get 10 Sprees in multiplayer matchmaking

Get 30 kills in a multiplayer matchmaking game.

SquallASF said:
I know, but many of us are blocked from work. Just found it back a page, thanks.

Ah yeah, didnt mean to sound like an ass, was just trying to be helpful. :D

Talking of challenges wheres the themometer showing how many we need to complete the lift the rank cap? Ive been thinking about that, and I know Urk said that at the rate were going we should complete 117 mill by Mid November but im not so hopeful considering that most people will have slowed down theyre pace of play now (to more reasonable amounts in my case :lol).

I think they should make the challenges worth like 10K each to add incentive. :D

Insaniac

bobs99 ... said:
Ah yeah, didnt mean to sound like an ass, was just trying to be helpful. :D

Talking of challenges wheres the themometer showing how many we need to complete the lift the rank cap? Ive been thinking about that, and I know Urk said that at the rate were going we should complete 117 mill by Mid November but im not so hopeful considering that most people will have slowed down theyre pace of play now (to more reasonable amounts in my case :lol).

I think they should make the challenges worth like 10K each to add incentive. :D

really?

The first few games of matchmaking I played today everybody was jetpacking like fiends - to the point that they were doing idiotic things like jetpacking in tiny rooms just to get that 450 Cr

not that I wouldn't mind 10k challenges...

GhaleonEB

SquallASF said:
I normally check the OP but it's now a link to bungie's site. I'll check back a page or two.
Check the alt link next to it, which links to HBO's listing of the Challenges. I stopped updating each day when I noticed they had an automated alternate hosting. Can you see that okay?

GhaleonEB

Neuromancer said:
I think it's been mentioned before but how stupid is it that the word 'assault' is restricted when naming maps or gametypes?

Really, Bungie?
That's Microsoft's Xbox Live filter at work, not Bungie's. I just call it "Bomb" (which I half expected to be filtered as well).

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
xxjuicesxx said:
I'm confused whatsup with this game?

http://www.bungie.net/stats/reach/gamestats.aspx?gameid=242124604&player=SometimesImEpic

It says I had 32 kills for some reason...I didn't get the Like Mike though, the kills don't add up either. I'm confused...betrayals or suicides or something??

Yup. I played a BTB where my team had 89 kills by the time the game ended with us at 75 points. No betrayals or suicides. The bulk of the missing kills were mine. The game's file on Bungie.net shows the same discrepancy. Other posters have reported similar gaps.

No one from Bungie has offered any kind of explanation.

My theory is that some multi-kills are only being counted as singles in the score... but that is based on very thin evidence. I had the most multikill medals and the most "missing" kills in my stats. Friends that didn't have multikills didn't have discrepancies.

GhaleonEB said:
That's Microsoft's Xbox Live filter at work, not Bungie's. I just call it "Bomb" (which I half expected to be filtered as well).
Wow, that's ridiculously restrictive. Wish they'd use a more common sense approach.

GDJustin said:
Yup. I played a BTB where my team had 89 kills by the time the game ended with us at 75 points. No betrayals or suicides. The bulk of the missing kills were mine. The game's file on Bungie.net shows the same discrepancy. Other posters have reported similar gaps.

No one from Bungie has offered any kind of explanation.

My theory is that some multi-kills are only being counted as singles in the score... but that is based on very thin evidence.
I mean you would think they would want to explain it, because it looks like a potentially serious problem if kills/scores aren't going up in tandem for slayer games.

Azar

I've noticed a (maybe similar) glitch in custom Rally games. The first person who reaches a checkpoint gets two points instead of one. If they win the race (say to 15 checkpoints) they'll end up with 16 points. But if they lose, that extra point disappears.

It's really weird, and at first I thought it was a custom race option, but I never found a way to turn it off.

Hugbot

Shake Appeal said:
I mean you would think they would want to explain it, because it looks like a potentially serious problem if kills/scores aren't going up in tandem for slayer games.
I'd wager that they don't say anything because they're trying to identify what is causing it and how to fix it before mentioning it. Or at least I hope that's the case and it's not just off their radar.

Shake Appeal said:

The only time Ive seen discrepancies is in the carnage report, in the actual game it is fine. So the result isn't effected just your score post-game.

Kujo

xxjuicesxx said:
It says I had 32 kills for some reason...I didn't get the Like Mike though, the kills don't add up either. I'm confused...betrayals or suicides or something??
I had this happen way too much. All I know is that the game doesn't count kills properly on the final scoreboard. I've had it happen without host migration, suicides, betrayals. I've even counted every kill while watching back the film and it's wrong. If you look at the post game results for a slayer game, it's the 'score' that is usually correct (plus any betrayals or such) and the 'kills' that is wrong (usually inflated). At first I though it was the ingame scoreboard that was messing up, but it's the other way around.

It's such a weird bug, I don't think any of the other Halos had this problem.

GhaleonEB

I did another post on the Forge blog; the map takes on a shape you guys will start to recognize. Slowly catching it up with the present.

I'm alternating my time between making a new map and updating a Crossroads Race variant right now. I'm really cursing the Gulch geometry lately - very, very hard to get a symmetrical map space carved out. I got the borders all set to be symmetrical, but the hills are anything but. I think I'm just going to ignore that for now and see how much it affects things when I subject you guys to it in customs. Mwahaha.

GhaleonEB said:
Check the alt link next to it, which links to HBO's listing of the Challenges. I stopped updating each day when I noticed they had an automated alternate hosting. Can you see that okay?

Sadly, HBO is blocked from here too :( I appreciate the gesture, however.

Raide

GhaleonEB said:
I did another post on the Forge blog; the map takes on a shape you guys will start to recognize. Slowly catching it up with the present.

I'm alternating my time between making a new map and updating a Crossroads Race variant right now. I'm really cursing the Gulch geometry lately - very, very hard to get a symmetrical map space carved out. I got the borders all set to be symmetrical, but the hills are anything but. I think I'm just going to ignore that for now and see how much it affects things when I subject you guys to it in customs. Mwahaha.

Really enjoying your map progress posts. Great for people who are looking at making a BTB map. (Me!)

Now, it would be awesome if Bungie could just add some nice curved ramps and bridges. :D

Magni

Gui_PT said:
Jetpack challenges.

Bungie be hatin' on bumper jumpers

Seriously =( I can't even play tonight so I don't really care but still.. Razer is being really quiet about their Onza, and the thing was already playable and greatly so at gamescom two months ago now..

Feorax said:
Thanks guys, rub it in a bit more please... :(
I know. I've lost hope.

Hey change of subject. Was just in an Invasion match. Went through one round, switched sides, then the scoreboard came up and hung for about a minute. Then it brought me back to the lobby. The hell happened? Would have been nice to get at least a game completion payout but nothing, not even an error message.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom