• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember R E A C H |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Feorax

Just a quick update. Had a game of elite slayer where my teammate got to 21 kills and quit...

It's going to be one of them weeks on Reach

Gui_PT

Sai-kun said:
Protip: Go Multi-team, throw nades. If you're jetpacking when your nade goes off and kills someone, it counts as a Firebird! :D So awesome.

That's what I'm trying. People are voting for rocket race =\

Edit: Now they voted for swat

theultimo

How many days does it take to get qualified for Arena? I have had 7 days straight so far with a rating, still no medal.

And there's a nasty disconnect hack going round now, it cuts you from the host if you are hosting. It quits your game without an error or credits screen.

Hugbot

theultimo said:
How many days does it take to get qualified for Arena? I have had 7 days straight so far with a rating, still no medal.

And there's a nasty disconnect hack going round now, it cuts you from the host if you are hosting. It quits your game without an error or credits screen.
10 days now that we are playing full seasons.

theultimo said:

Different from host booting in H3?

derFeef

So, I dived into my first matchmaking game today (BTB Slayer). Surprisingly I landed on place 1 on my (losing) team. It was quite fun despite the holymoly unbalanced team. :lol I thought matchmaking is there to balance things out a bit?

Don´t laugh at me.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Sai-kun said:
Protip: Go Multi-team, throw nades. If you're jetpacking when your nade goes off and kills someone, it counts as a Firebird! :D So awesome.

That's basically what I did the last time this challenge cropped up. I did elite slayer and went jetpack. Anytime you get a stick (ie every few seconds), just start jetpacking. Ding, firebird :lol

theultimo

xxjuicesxx said:
Different from host booting in H3?
Kind of, from what is explained, it severs your connection from the host, and you become your own host with no players and instant game over. It just boots you to the matchmaking lobby.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Got the Like Mike challenge. Multi-team crazy king, shit was easy. Also picked up my Silver Multikill commendation so that was a nice ~4k credits that game.

theultimo said:
Kind of, from what is explained, it severs your connection from the host, and you become your own host and instant game over. It just boots you to the matchmaking lobby.

I ask because it may have happened today to me. I was starting up BTB we voted on maps I was loading Hemorrhage and then the gray bar stopped loading and froze almost loaded (it was at the number of votes) I tried to go to dashboard, the screen didn't pop up but I heard the noise. Game froze for a good 20 seconds, Eventually the screen loaded so I canceled back into Reach I was at 0 seconds to game begin with just me in the party, but the game wasn't loading just sat there. Eventually it booted me to MM lobby.

God I'm loving the MP so much more this time around.

I'm so much better at Reach than I was at 3. Not sure exactly what they've done to make it a more even playing field but I love it.

SWAT having it's own playlist is also fucking heaven.

I played a total of around 500 games of Halo 3 over 3 years (yeah I don't play that much) but in one month I've already got 222 games played across all types.

I know I don't play a LOT of Halo, but I work 2 jobs, actively play PSWii60 and have a wife that needs at least SOME attention as well.

So 222 games in a month is a lot for me.

Hugbot

Tashi0106 said:
Got the Like Mike challenge. Multi-team crazy king, shit was easy. Also picked up my Silver Multikill commendation so that was a nice ~4k credits that game.
I love when challenges and commendations finish during the same match. I think my record is close to 10k cR when two gold commendations and a big challenge popped in the same game.

Falt

theultimo said:
Kind of, from what is explained, it severs your connection from the host, and you become your own host with no players and instant game over. It just boots you to the matchmaking lobby.

This has happened to me a few times. I thought it was pretty strange getting disconnected from a game but not XBL. Where are you getting your info from?

Raide

Is there anything more enjoyable than Grenade Launcher EMP'ing a passing Falcon on the top of Spire, then watching as it ditches into the sea and everyone tries to bail out? :lol

Two and a half playthroughs later, and it suddenly strikes me that the game does not have a crappy level, and certainly nothing of the Cortana sort. It's just good all the way through. God damn.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Had a brilliant game of SWAT earlier, every time I killed this guy on the other team he would yelp or sigh. So many 'ARGH's and 'whu? goddamn...' :lol every game should have a sound like a disappointed child when you're killing. I quite like SWAT now that it's in a separate playlist, I seem to do pretty well in it and its nice for a change of pace when I want it.

Also played a bit more of campaign co-op (what can I say, sometimes I like nipple grips too) and had a great 3-player game once I booted the obligatory team killer. What I like about Legendary co-op is that it gives you a safety net to try out unconventional or dangerous tactics. Sometimes you want to take on a gold elite with a spiker just to see if you can :lol So far I think I'm about 3 for 3 on good games versus washouts so I think I'll play some more as time goes on.

MrBig

AltogetherAndrews said:
Two and a half playthroughs later, and it suddenly strikes me that the game does not have a crappy level, and certainly nothing of the Cortana sort. It's just good all the way through. God damn.
This is good and all, but it also lacks a stand out level like the covenant/the ark from halo 3, delta halo from 2, and AoTCR/silent cartographer in halo 1.
LNoS was different ya, but not anything amazing.

Jedeye Sniv said:
Had a brilliant game of SWAT earlier, every time I killed this guy on the other team he would yelp or sigh. So many 'ARGH's and 'whu? goddamn...' :lol every game should have a sound like a disappointed child when you're killing. I quite like SWAT now that it's in a separate playlist, I seem to do pretty well in it and its nice for a change of pace when I want it.

Also played a bit more of campaign co-op (what can I say, sometimes I like nipple grips too) and had a great 3-player game once I booted the obligatory team killer. What I like about Legendary co-op is that it gives you a safety net to try out unconventional or dangerous tactics. Sometimes you want to take on a gold elite with a spiker just to see if you can :lol So far I think I'm about 3 for 3 on good games versus washouts so I think I'll play some more as time goes on.

How's campaign co-op for credits? Does that give more than a custom Campaign game with friends?

Sai, that clip was amazing. :lol

If they did remake Halo CE with the Reach engine, wouldnt that totally effect gameplay? Wouldnt physics and stuff feel different? Or would it just be the graphics that are different.

I would pay a million pounds for a perfect Halo CE remake, but I wouldnt touch a CE remake with a different sandbox/ feel.

darthbob

Ajemsuhgao said:
How's campaign co-op for credits? Does that give more than a custom Campaign game with friends?
For the amount of time that you have to put in to it and the people you must put up with
and the input lag
, it's not worth it in my opinion.

Think 1000cR a game.

MrBig said:
This is good and all, but it also lacks a stand out level like the covenant/the ark from halo 3, delta halo from 2, and two betrayals/silent cartographer in halo 1.
LNoS was different ya, but not anything amazing.

I forget the name of the level, but the one where you're dropped straight into a mad shootout takes a dump on the Silent Cartographer. Now, what it lacks is Halo. Part of what made the first one so special was the whole mysterious world that you can see around you all the time factor, and this is just some space colony. Oh well.

Oh yeah, and why in the hell wasn't I battling it out in some snowy valley?

AltogetherAndrews said:
Yep. It's an amazing feat for Bungie, they really do keep getting better and better.

But yeah a snow level would have been nice.

MrBig

bobs99 ... said:
Sai, that clip was amazing. :lol

If they did remake Halo CE with the Reach engine, wouldnt that totally effect gameplay? Wouldnt physics and stuff feel different? Or would it just be the graphics that are different.

I would pay a million pounds for a perfect Halo CE remake, but I wouldnt touch a CE remake with a different sandbox/ feel.
Projectile systems and havok (lol limp body system) have hardly changed from halo 1. All they'd need to do for me to be happy is take the original geometry and up res it. Use the original audio, dialogue, etc from halo 1 and it will be a great success for hardcore halo fans. Encounters are the really problem.
Having reach's multiplayer is what I would expect, not developing and entirely new system in 1 and a half years.

wwm0nkey

AwesomeSyrup said:
I REALLY hope it's true.
I can see it being true. I mean I assume the 343i project is awhile away so why not have a team just do Halo 1 with the Reach engine. I swear if they change any weapons or glitches I will be pissed, it must stay 100% like it was but with XBL. Also I would prefer 343 make the engine for the Halo 1 remake last time I talked to Corrinne Yu about the new engine she was saying that its never been done before, that got me hyped for the 343 project :D

MrBig

AltogetherAndrews said:
I forget the name of the level, but the one where you're dropped straight into a mad shootout takes a dump on the Silent Cartographer. Now, what it lacks is Halo. Part of what made the first one so special was the whole mysterious world that you can see around you all the time factor, and this is just some space colony. Oh well.

Oh yeah, and why in the hell wasn't I battling it out in some snowy valley?
Tip of the spear? That level is a complete flop of what it could have been. From what I saw in some of the previews they had originally planned for it to be a huge battle like in the ark with all of the vehicles you see at the beginning.

Syringe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom