• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember R E A C H |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lazslo

I don't know but a remake of Halo: CE in the Reach engine just seems so unlikely- I could see maybe in another 10 years maybe, but anytime soon doesn't really seem plausible. It would be pretty fucking cool to replay AotCR with the Reach sandbox though.

Lazslo said:
I don't know but a remake of Halo: CE in the Reach engine just seems so unlikely- I could see maybe in another 10 years maybe, but anytime soon doesn't really seem plausible. It would be pretty fucking cool to replay AotCR with the Reach sandbox though.

Why doesn't it seem plausible...?

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
I swear I just got the spree challenge in the last match I played, and then I JUST got it again? Everyone in the match had yellow bars, but I hope that I'm just tired and that it was just my imagination - I don't get the time to play as much as I want to as is, I'd hate to get credit reset.

MrBig

Ajemsuhgao said:
Because there hasn't really been any (comparatively) huge improvements in gaming in the last 10 years compared to what will come in the next 10.

Skilotonn said:
I swear I just got the spree challenge in the last match I played, and then I JUST got it again? Everyone in the match had yellow bars, but I hope that I'm just tired and that it was just my imagination - I don't get the time to play as much as I want to as is, I'd hate to get credit reset.
Don't worry about, they know stuff like this happens. All the bannings I've seen have had over 20 challenge resets before getting the hammer.

Ajemsuhgao said:

Because it will not happen? Can they do it? Yeah but they wont. They have too much on their hands and passing it to a non 343 studio would just be asking for trouble. MS knows what they have with halo and a remake in a new engine would take up too many resources for something that is not in high demand (Sorry haloGAF).

It won't happen.

Lazslo

Ajemsuhgao said:
It just doesnt seem realistic for 343's first game to be a Halo:CE remake. There doesn't even appear to be a huge demand for a remake, sure it would be nice, but the developers at 343 probably want to create something new and original as their first title. Plus you can already play CE on the 360, I could see maybe next generation. It just doesn't feel like a good business direction for an amazing talented developer like 343, it seems more like something a mod team would do. However I hope I'm wrong, it would be tons of fun.

cuevas said:
Because it will not happen? Can they do it? Yeah but they wont. They have too much on their hands and passing it to a non 343 studio would just be asking for trouble. MS knows what they have with halo and a remake in a new engine would take up too many resources for something that is not in high demand (Sorry haloGAF).

It won't happen.

Yeah, I just read it weird. I was reading it like...remaking CE in the Reach engine would somehow be difficult or something. I dunno. :lol

MrBig

Lazslo said:
It just doesnt seem realistic for 343's first game to be a Halo:CE remake. There doesn't even seem to be a huge demand for a remake, sure it would be nice, but the developers at 343 probably want to create something new and original as their first title. Plus you can already play CE on the 360, I could see maybe next generation. It just doesn't seem like a good business direction for an amazing talented developer like 343, it seems more like something a mod team would do. However I hope I'm wrong, it would be tons of fun.
This is what I was originally thinking. Since Bungie's next game has a high chance of being released to the PC, thats what will happen. The Halo custom Edition community is still partially alive in itself, and this will bring in a whole lot more to the already talented community.

MrBig said:
This is what I was originally thinking. Since Bungie's next game has a high chance of being released to the PC, thats what will happen. The Halo custom Edition community is still partially alive in itself, and this will bring in a whole lot more to the already talented community.

Then it wont be on the reach engine :)

and their new engine might not really suit a CE remake

MrBig said:

If Bungie's next game is on PC, and they use a similar system to what they have done in past Halo games, I can see a the game being openly mod-able within 3 months of release. And if that's the case, I will start a Halo CE remake as soon as possible. :lol

cuevas said:
and their new engine might not really suit a CE remake

What makes you say that?

Unless it's a drastically different game, I don't see it being a problem.

Wizman23

Banned
Lazslo said:
Seems like the perfect fit for 343's first Halo game plus they could get it out in a year or 2. They would have one most likely very successful title on there hands going into Halo 4 on the next xbox.

Wizman23 said:
Seems like the perfect fit for 343's first Halo game plus they could get it out in a year or 2.
Waste two years for a game that will be towered over by reach?

Wizman23 said:
They would have one most likely very successful title on there hands going into Halo 4 on the next xbox.
A remake would not be a hit, it would not even do ODST numbers. And they are using the reach engine for the next game so they will probably make halo 4 for 360 then move on to next gen.
Hypertrooper said:
I dont thinks so. Unreal and the Source doesnt fit into the Halo graphic style in my opinion.

They don't but who is saying that bungie's next engine will?

Yeah the Reach engine is MS's and is now with 343 not bungie.

Doubt 343 are so silly as to make a remake, especially just after the C.E. tribute just came out (Reach).
Move on people. Or play C.E. it's still great.

Lazslo

cuevas said:
A remake would not be a hit, it would not even do ODST numbers. And they are using the reach engine for the next game so they will probably make halo 4 for 360 then move on to next gen.
I agree, it would most likely get murdered by the press also if they charged anything over 15 dollars.

ElRenoRaven

I think if they were to make Halo remake Halo 1 in the reach engine it could be a great thing.

I would want it almost identical but I do think there is one single change I would make. I would add vehicle jacking.

Other then that keep everything identical. I'd pay full price for that in a heartbeat.

Sai-kun said:
Protip: Go Multi-team, throw nades. If you're jetpacking when your nade goes off and kills someone, it counts as a Firebird! :D So awesome.

Also PLEASE WATCH THIS CLIP MY FRIEND SHOWED ME

super awesome action halo reach game part 2

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=6189201
Aggrotek said:
Had a funny thing happen on Paradiso just now.

Guy tried to take my ghost:
http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=7088250&player=x%20N3CRO

Saved both to my 360. Awesome.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
MrBig said:
Don't worry about, they know stuff like this happens. All the bannings I've seen have had over 20 challenge resets before getting the hammer.

Yup, I remember Live acting up some week(s) ago and GAFfers saying the same thing, hope they keep that in mind.

Sibylus

Banned
MrBig said:
This is good and all, but it also lacks a stand out level like the covenant/the ark from halo 3, delta halo from 2, and AoTCR/silent cartographer in halo 1.
LNoS was different ya, but not anything amazing.
I disagree entirely. The levels that really stood out for me were Winter Contingency, Long Night of Solace, Exodus, and New Alexandria. The fact that they're not heads and tails ahead of the rest isn't a bad thing, it's an indication of the strength of the game as a whole. You don't need a Library or Cortana to appreciate the better parts of a game.

Gui_PT said:
Try an Oddbll game. Or KotH.

You'll get it easily. Just forget about the objective and run around getting kills.

So pretty much play Oddball and KotH normally.

669izo.jpg

neoism said:
weekly challenge is ... :( probably the first one I won't do.... :(

I agree, the problem is that I will have no problem getting it, come on 30 kills is like a cakewalk almost in BTB or multi-team. But my connection is completely garbage still, so I can't really play any MP games anymore without some sort of lag. :(

Think I'm going have to do customs only from now on, matchmaking just leaves something to be desired. The Reach gameplay and engine itself are perfect but the maps, spawns and gametypes Bungie supplied suck horribly.

For the 30 thing just join a multi-team and make sure you vote for a hold the ball game. And instead of actively trying to get the ball, just kill people.

Stop complaining, Devo.

But yeah, I've done 1/12 last Daily Challenges. I may have broken Reach's spell for a while. It helps that I suck at it compared to Halo 3 (overall k/d has plummeted to 1.26, thanks, Arena).

Edit: shit, wait, tomorrow they adjust all the playlists and gametypes an' shit. I'm there.

Shake Appeal said:
Stop complaining, Devo.

But yeah, I've done 1/12 last Daily Challenges. I may have broken Reach's spell for a while. It helps that I suck at it compared to Halo 3 (overall k/d has plummeted to 1.26, thanks, Arena).

Edit: shit, wait, tomorrow they adjust all the playlists and gametypes an' shit. I'm there.

They should adjust small map spawns as well. I've had some hilarious ones today. And by hilarious I mean dumb.

Striker

Devolution said:
Think I'm going have to do customs only from now on, matchmaking just leaves something to be desired. The Reach gameplay and engine itself are perfect but the maps, spawns and gametypes Bungie supplied suck horribly.

For the 30 thing just join a multi-team and make sure you vote for a hold the ball game. And instead of actively trying to get the ball, just kill people.
Multi-team has wretched spawns. Other playlists aren't nearly as bad. Also, you're right, they do pick a lot of KotH and Oddball, and along with the new Weekly Challenge up, don't expect players to play the game as it is intended.

Devolution said:
They should adjust small map spawns as well. I've had some hilarious ones today. And by hilarious I mean dumb.
To be honest, it only really seems to be the Forge World ones where I see hilarious 'spawning with your back to an enemy that your teammate is currently shooting' or 'spawning into bullets someone is firing at your teammate' spawns. Especially The Cage and Pinnacle.

MrDaravon

Shake Appeal said:
To be honest, it only really seems to be the Forge World ones where I see hilarious 'spawning with your back to an enemy that your teammate is currently shooting' or 'spawning into bullets someone is firing at your teammate' spawns. Especially The Cage and Pinnacle.

These two are the biggest offenders outside of Boneyard on non-Invasion by far. I've had at least two games of multi-team where I spawned in that spot underneath the map on every single spawn I had from start to finish the whole game, fucking terrible.

Shake Appeal said:

One of my games today included a sword base spawn in the corner (not close enough to lift tunnel to save my ass either) in which players were already overhead nading me before I could even begin to move.

Team Objective spawns are the absolute worse though. I played a sword base bomb game in which they were arming in the lobby, and the game saw fit to spawn all of my team mates in computer control center.

SailorDaravon said:
These two are the biggest offenders outside of Boneyard on non-Invasion by far. I've had at least two games of multi-team where I spawned in that spot underneath the map on every single spawn I had from start to finish the whole game, fucking terrible.
Yeah, if you're green team you will spawn at PL every. single. time. in multi-team Cage, even if there is a firefight in progress there. Sometimes this is hilarious and awesome and you will get free multikills. Sometimes it is a bad time. But I mean, really The Cage should not have 12 people on it. Really they should just delete that map and pretend it never existed. That the same guy built Lockout and The Cage is sort of like learning that at the end of his life Mozart wrote fart jingles for dog food.

But they fixed Boneyard, so that's a plus.

Devolution said:
Team Objective spawns are the absolute worse though. I played a sword base bomb game in which they were arming in the lobby, and the game saw fit to spawn all of my team mates in computer control center.
This is by design! I think the respawn zone for when your objective is compromised is there. So suck it up, princess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom