• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember R E A C H |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
xxjuicesxx said:
I'm sorry but whats wrong with standoffs where each team is nailing each other from their side of the map?

Thats some of the best Halo I ever played.

Just last week me n backflip were in a random game of Slayer on Pinnacle and it became 49-49 both teams wanted the win so bad we sat back they had a Snipe at large tower I kept pinging back down from Small tower, they eventually had a guy up top of large tower I couldn't kill but kept knocking his shields down. I looked Rockets had come up I took lift thought I could kill the guy up top with splash damage but didn't get the kill I was in middle dish like OH FUCK. Backflip runs up from rockets to the left side looks and sees someone at Banshee and we double team him for the win. It was so friggen close. One of the most intense games I've played recently.

Also see MLG gameplay on Lockout.

There's usually nothing wrong with that, when there's no radar. Again, I only played 1 game on it so I'm not giving conclusive impressions. I love the 49-49 Standoffs that happened on Lockout in Halo 2 and on the Pit in Halo 3. They were awesome. We'll see though, I wanna play some Slayer Pro.

pakkit said:
Whut

They're really not that bad, and they're nicely symmetrical. I just wish Forge World would be more diversified with its maps. They're all eyesores.

The big map, I think it is Atom but I am not sure, is way to big for team slayer. Both games I played the other team just stayed on their side and shot anyone that tried to come close to them. That style of gameplay imo is the worst thing about Halo games online. I like being able to use the AR, and melee, and needlers, and such. I just think the gameplay is way more varied and fun at mid to close range. I am with you 100% on the looks of the forge maps as well, why cant they let people change the maps colors/materials?

Dug

Banned
Here is Thagomizer:
reach_7294493_Medium.jpg

Tashi0106 said:
There's usually nothing wrong with that, when there's no radar. Again, I only played 1 game on it so I'm not giving conclusive impressions. I love the 49-49 Standoffs that happened on Lockout in Halo 2 and on the Pit in Halo 3. They were awesome. We'll see though, I wanna play some Slayer Pro.

Slayer pro gets voted every time it comes up for me, TAKE NOTE BUNGIE.

"You all wanna play gay-ass fuckin rockets up your ass race? You're all a bunch of _______. Pussies, don't want to kill eachother?"

Really?

Really?

I hate people.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Finished Legendary Solo. Pretty well balanced outside the last Mac Cannon part, which was just attempting it to you remember the order which to shoot the enemies in.... >_>

shintoki said:
Finished Legendary Solo. Pretty well balanced outside the last Mac Cannon part, which was just attempting it to you remember the order which to shoot the enemies in.... >_>

Or just hide behind the photon-cannon until keyes shouts at you to shoot it.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Ajemsuhgao said:

Removed for "taste."

Really?

Really?

I hate people.

That surprises you? Are you new to xbox live, let alone the internet?

You really could have left out what was actually said though, we are all smart enough here to figure it out.

Lead Based Paint said:
Or just hide behind the photon-cannon until keyes shouts at you to shoot it.

Photon cannon? :lol

Sorry, I know what you meant, it's still funny as hell though.

Alienshogun said:
That surprises you? Are you new to xbox live, let alone the internet?

Interestingly enough I haven't encountered that many people like that playing Reach.

Granted, I usually have them muted. But usually, it's just people complaining about kills, or complaining in general. Or little kids. Or stupid MLG people(or rather, wannabe MLG people).

What actually surprised me about that is that it seems like he went out of his way to make that entire retarded sentence about that subject.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Ajemsuhgao said:
Interestingly enough I haven't encountered that many people like that playing Reach.

Granted, I usually have them muted. But usually, it's just people complaining about kills, or complaining in general. Or little kids. Or stupid MLG people(or rather, wannabe MLG people).

What actually surprised me about that is that it seems like he went out of his way to make that entire retarded sentence about that subject.

You must be lucky, I typically end up muting 2-3 people on average when I play, at least the mute function works awesome in Reach.

Sai-kun

Banned
Could you guys perhaps post the links to your recent screenshots so I can download the hi-def versions? Awesome screenshots by the way guys. So awesome :D

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Multi-team in reach is perhaps the greatest playlist in the history of Halo. I'm not mad when I die, I don't care about anything when I play, its pure unfiltered fun.

feel

hai

Got Like Mike in what I think was my first Multiteam game ever, 37 kills on oddball, pretty easy way to get it.

I'm also almost positive the game allowed me to get the precision weapons one twice today, I could swear I got it during lunch, and later in the night when I got home it was back to uncompleted. I hope I don't get my cR reset because of something silly like this. :/

Played a match in each of the new maps, and I think I don't like them, I dunno, have to play a few more games.

And now back to my solo Legendary playthrough, New Alexandria ahead of me, let's rock this.

I'm getting tired of the map variety. Don't like the new Forge World maps, and now that they've been introduced I just get bounced around Sword Base and Power House in voting sessions. I'm popping in Halo 3 next. Need to switch things up.

enzo_gt said:
Multi-team in reach is perhaps the greatest playlist in the history of Halo. I'm not mad when I die, I don't care about anything when I play, its pure unfiltered fun.

agreed, it's all I play now.
mayhem, pure mayhem! :)

Sai-kun said:
Cool, thanks guys! Keep 'em coming if you want :) I'm definitely gonna make a little slideshow or something, just for fun.

Should try to get groups of people together in a custom game and take pictures. :D

TommyT

Sooo apparently you can clip-melee through the windows in sword base in the shotgun room. Had some fun with an xxMiG figuring this out. We were never able to kill each other though. :lol

Striker

CrazedArabMan said:
Game desperately needs more BTB maps that are open for vehicles, but also have a focus on infantry combat. *cough* Valhalla *cough*
Nah, just needs Spire and Boneyard adjusted for asymmetrical feel.

Paradiso and Hemorrhage bring the 2-side combat.

The new DLC, Breakpoint and Tempest, will likely be set for BTB, and I hope they bring in new variety.

Ugh, I miss Halo 2's BTB maps.

Striker said:
Nah, just needs Spire and Boneyard adjusted for asymmetrical feel.

Paradiso and Hemorrhage bring the 2-side combat.

The new DLC, Breakpoint and Tempest, will likely be set for BTB, and I hope they bring in new variety.

Ugh, I miss Halo 2's BTB maps.

This, I completely agree with.

Thagomizer said:
After how Bungie mangled Truth's character in Halo 3, I'm inclined to agree.
You can point the finger at Bungie, but it was more the way a couple people handled the character, really. You can blame Bungie, but I would be upset that no one stood up to the way the character was spiraling downwards in its development.

It was the director of casting, the writer, and the way the voice actor executed the lines. Truth seemed like a man who had a master plan in Halo 2, and the voice actor had a smooth voice that sounded like it could appease the masses, but hid secrets so massive.

In Halo 3, he seemed like a crazy blundering leader drunk on power and bordering on self-promoted hysteria. All within the timeline of a few months prior being mentally stable in H2. This is largely because of the voice actor's problem. H2 had a smooth, controlled voice. H3 had a scratchy, uncontrolled voice. There also are some of the lines.

I honestly hoped Truth would have gone down in a different fashion. All of his followers were dead around him, and it was only 2 people who knew the secret and that the joke was on him. Instead he only looked crazy and like he had lied to himself for so long that he believed his own lies. /disappointment

If you look at the way Joe Staten handled Truth's character in Contact Harvest, it fit more in line with the Halo 2 development - the need for power, the need for secrets, and constantly having a plan. Halo 3 failed in this department miserably.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Question, I have been seeing these random posters in Reach for a while now scattered through campaign and multiplayer. I know Powerhouse has one in the upstairs of the bath house and in campaign in the first mission where you defend the guys in front of a garage, there is one in there.

Anyone know what they are for?

Tashi

It's not too late for Purple Support right? I haven't played Reach all day but I'm about to get on now...

Major Williams said:
You can point the finger at Bungie, but it was more the way a couple people handled the character, really. You can blame Bungie, but I would be upset that no one stood up to the way the character was spiraling downwards in its development.

It was the director of casting, the writer, and the way the voice actor executed the lines. Truth seemed like a man who had a master plan in Halo 2, and the voice actor had a smooth voice that sounded like it could appease the masses, but hid secrets so massive.

In Halo 3, he seemed like a crazy blundering leader drunk on power and bordering on self-promoted hysteria. All within the timeline of a few months prior being mentally stable in H2. This is largely because of the voice actor's problem. H2 had a smooth, controlled voice. H3 had a scratchy, uncontrolled voice. There also are some of the lines.

I honestly hoped Truth would have gone down in a different fashion. All of his followers were dead around him, and it was only 2 people who knew the secret and that the joke was on him. Instead he only looked crazy and like he had lied to himself for so long that he believed his own lies. /disappointment

If you look at the way Joe Staten handled Truth's character in Contact Harvest, it fit more in line with the Halo 2 development - the need for power, the need for secrets, and constantly having a plan. Halo 3 failed in this department miserably.

Exactly- Truth is a really stupendous, slimy Magnificent Bastard in Halo 2 and the books. He's cunning, ruthless, and brilliant at twisting people around and making them dance like puppets. He's a bit mad, but not crazy- and there is a difference. Halo 2 and the book Truth were Hannibal; Halo 3 Truth was that guy who's dog told him to kill his neighbors.

I suppose you could make the argument that he went a bit giddy knowing that he was about the bring about the Rapture, but it's still weaksauce.

Hell, you could even make an argument that he genuinely believed that he thought that he was doing the right thing by decieving the Covenant into going to war against humanity from the perspective of maintaining the Covenant's society. The discovery that humans are the Forerunner's inheritors smashes their religion in front of their eyes.

It'd be like what would happen to the Vatican if God came down and declared Buddhism to be the One True Religion -and yes, I am aware of the inherent contradiction in that statement; just bare with me for the analogy- everything the Covenant knew and stood for would crumble literally overnight. This time, there might not be two clear sides- it'd be full out anarchy, considering the Covenant's social structure is already built on matchsticks and tissue paper. Even before Truth betrayed the Elites, it wouldn't take very much for the whole thing to spiral out of control- the Covenant had already had several civil wars and failed uprisings, and almost every species hated each other, often with very good reason.

Sure, Truth was a self-serving, power hungry worm, but he also single-handedly kept the Covenant from tearing itself apart, at least for a few decades.

Sai-kun

Banned
Tashi0106 said:
It's not too late for Purple Support right? I haven't played Reach all day but I'm about to get on now...

Go for it dude :) Just make sure you take a pic and post the link here!!

All the support you guys have given today really is awesome. I know I've said it a few times, but it deserves repeating! You guys are full of <3

Tashi

Sai-kun said:
Go for it dude :) Just make sure you take a pic and post the link here!!

All the support you guys have given today really is awesome. I know I've said it a few times, but it deserves repeating! You guys are full of <3

K cool. Here you go! Nothing fancy, but I like it.

File share link

wMVqv.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom