• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember R E A C H |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sai-kun

Banned
SuperBonk said:
My purple Spartan has a purple heart as well.

34Kdx.jpg

Got a Bungie.net link for me? :)

Also, I've got about 40 pictures now. Super cool, guys :)

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
Huzzah! Like Mike is done. Got my 30th kill with like 6 seconds left. The dude dropped down to the bottom of Sword Base with no shields and I hauled ass to finish him off. I would have been so pissed if it was stolen or something. :lol

GhaleonEB

Two more missions on my Legendary solo run. I was worried that tonight's New Alexandria romp wouldn't have enough infantry for me to get the Challenge, but I landed exactly 50. :lol

Mythic Score Attack definitely has a slightly bumped up possible score due to the additional skull. I played one game on Corvette and landed 33.5k, though the game hasn't shown up on Bungie.net. It skipped it entirely on my game history. I was going to link to it and check out the stats, but it's not there. The Campaign mission I just finished is. o_0

Something is simply wrong with my sync to bungie.net. My Spartan has never updated - still blank - and a big chunk of all the screenshots I take never show up there, I have to transfer using file share. Now a pretty good run on a Score Attack game blanks out (I didn't die until the Elites and got some great 3x and 4x kills on the Skirmishers worth ~1,800 points each). Grrr.

GhaleonEB said:
Something is simply wrong with my sync to bungie.net. My Spartan has never updated - still blank - and a big chunk of all the screenshots I take never show up there, I have to transfer using file share. Now a pretty good run on a Score Attack game blanks out (I didn't die until the Elites and got some great 3x and 4x kills on the Skirmishers worth ~1,800 points each). Grrr.

I'm having exactly the same issues. No idea why though.

Damn what a great game. I just reached Lt. Colonel which gave me the last achievement for 1000/1000 gs. REACH is only the second game I've gotten all the achievements in because I'm not one to grind on boring shit just to unlock achievements. Btw the other game I maxed out 1000/1000 was NBA2K6 which had all of 5 total achievements and could easily have been gotten in one exhibition game.

Tokubetsu

GhaleonEB said:
Two more missions on my Legendary solo run. I was worried that tonight's New Alexandria romp wouldn't have enough infantry for me to get the Challenge, but I landed exactly 50. :lol

Mythic Score Attack definitely has a slightly bumped up possible score due to the additional skull. I played one game on Corvette and landed 33.5k, though the game hasn't shown up on Bungie.net. It skipped it entirely on my game history. I was going to link to it and check out the stats, but it's not there. The Campaign mission I just finished is. o_0

I've had similar issues. A stellar game of SWAT MAgnums from yesterday wont show up in my game history and screenschots can take up to a day to show up sometimes. Spartan hasn't updated since launch week.

Dirtbag

Wow, just saw pics of the new mappack.. incredible.
The 3 maps look stunning.

Hopped on today for a few games for the first time in a couple days, loving the new forge maps.
Atom needs DMR starts, or just more weapons on the map.

I absolutely love cliff-hanger. Such a fun little space to play in.
And Zealot arena fixed the biggest map flaw of the launch maps.

Good work Bungle!

Finally got to try the new maps. Not a fan of Cliffhanger really. I do like Atom.

But sort of surprised they chose those maps. Eh. Hopefully they continue to bring in lots of community maps.

Asylum is a much, much better map now that the soft kill zones are on top of those bases. Amazing how much it changed things.

Was hoping they fixed Armor Lock as well, but alas. :p

Here is my purple spartan. I really need to buy some new armour but have decided to save up for one of the really expensive armour effects.
reach_7327990_Medium.jpg

Link to High-res
I managed to get an assassination in this picture that I've never actually seen before which was interesting. I am wondering how many people have actually seen because I mainly see the main couple and I guess a number have stricter requirements for them to be played out.

Sibylus

Banned
So I figured I'd use that little 48 hour trial code that came in the box to grab some screens of my purped up Spartan in honour of the day, right? Wrong. After entering it and puzzling over the change of nothing, I read the fine print... there's a little blip about it only working for brand new accounts (mine has been silver for a while). Fair enough, but the code did go through, so I can't use it again and basically get to sit around as it expires.

Flawless victory, Misersoft. Nobody understands the spirit of free better than you :|

(if someone has a trial code they have no use for, it would be most appreciated)

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
Botolf said:
So I figured I'd use that little 48 hour trial code that came in the box to grab some screens of my purped up Spartan in honour of the day, right? Wrong. After entering it and puzzling over the change of nothing, I read the fine print... there's a little blip about it only working for brand new accounts (mine has been silver for a while). Fair enough, but the code did go through, so I can't use it again and basically get to sit around as it expires.

Flawless victory, Misersoft. Nobody understands the spirit of free better than you :|

(if someone has a trial code they have no use for, it would be most appreciated)

Why not just get xbox live and chill on halo for a few hours every night

Sibylus

Banned
Kentpaul said:
'Tis something I hope to do soon (along with another Ethernet cord, hopefully cheap. Running the cable up and down the stairs is maddening).

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
Botolf said:
'Tis something I hope to do soon (along with another Ethernet cord, hopefully cheap. Running the cable up and down the stairs is maddening).

the clip that clips my ethernet cable into the back of my xbox is broke so i need to wedge toothpicks in beside the ethernet cable to hold it in place.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Kentpaul said:

Or if he doesn't want to pay for a year just get a monthly or quarterly sub. I think the monthly is only about a fiver, I never even notice it (whereas I certainly would notice 50 in some months...)

theultimo

Challenges for those who can't see them:

3500cR
Be Their Huckleberry
Kill 200 enemies in Firefight Matchmaking with the pistol.

1000cR
Blastin' and Relaxin'
Kill 90 enemies in any game mode in Reach.

1000cR
The House of Blue Leaves
Kill 88 enemies in a single Firefight Matchmaking game on Heroic.

500cR
Above the Law
Complete a Round in Firefight Matchmaking without dying.

Firefight Day.

Insaniac

theultimo said:

3500cR
Be Their Huckleberry
Kill 200 enemies in Firefight Matchmaking with the pistol.

1000cR
Blastin' and Relaxin'
Kill 90 enemies in any game mode in Reach.

1000cR
The House of Blue Leaves

500cR
Above the Law
Complete a Round in Firefight Matchmaking without dying.

Firefight Day.

wow, 2 rounds of gruntpocalypse and thats an easy 6000 cR

wwm0nkey

You know im really wondering if Halo: Reach will update its audio-codex in the future, ive been playing the Crysis 2 stress test and noticed that it is using the new codex, I mean it cant be impossible to change the codex right?

Chorazin

theultimo said:

1000cR
The House of Blue Leaves

Holy fuck that is the best name for a challenge yet, provided it was supposed to be an allusion to the House of Leaves novel.

wwm0nkey said:
You know im really wondering if Halo: Reach will update its audio-codex in the future, ive been playing the Crysis 2 stress test and noticed that it is using the new codex, I mean it cant be impossible to change the codex right?
I highly doubt any game can update that as that's probably built into the game in dome sort of way.

Also, I believe it's called an audio codec.

Shake Appeal said:
3,621 for my first game...

...aaand 4,868 for the second.

All done.
Got about 11000cR for the both ff-games. Only 2200cR away from the Lt. Colonel Rank and my 1000GS :)

@Sai__Kun I made two screenshot with my purple spartan, too. But I'll upload it later of this day.

Oozer3993 said:
The main thing is people wearing purple today. That's been extended into Halo by changing your armor color to purple. Speaking of which, here's my Spartan and his new paint job:

A bit late to the party, but here's mine from yesterday

I took a few more, but Tinypic is acting weird on my work computer. Click the pic for the bnet link.

Looking forward to the challenges this evening. I just got my FPS Freek Legendary in the mail yesterday, and I can already tell a difference for the better.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
squidhands said:
A bit late to the party, but here's mine from yesterday

I took a few more, but Tinypic is acting weird on my work computer. Click the pic for the bnet link.

Looking forward to the challenges this evening. I just got my FPS Freek Legendary in the mail yesterday, and I can already tell a difference for the better.

I thought Tinypic was dead or dying? I use Imgur for all my hosting needs now, seems a good site (plus no capcha).

feel

A healthy sum of cR for some fun rounds of pistol-only grunt murdering?? I'll take it!! :D

Also New Alexandria was another easy level on solo Legendary, this is starting to get a bit disappointing.. I really hope the last 2 levels introduce the pain.

Jinjo

Finally, I reached the Lt. Colonel rank. The satisfaction of reaching Lt. Colonel is immediately burned off though by seeing the awesome stuff you get when you're Commander.:lol

Still a bit bummed about my lost campaign progress though. Ah well, it'll give me a reason to play through the game again with a friend. No chance in hell I'll be doing Legendary solo again though. Thankfully, I have the achievement as proof.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Letters said:
A healthy sum of cR for some fun rounds of pistol-only grunt murdering?? I'll take it!! :D

Also New Alexandria was another easy level on solo Legendary, this is starting to get a bit disappointing.. I really hope the last 2 levels introduce the pain.

Oh they will... on Pillar of Autumn I thought I woud have to re-start on the Holdout section, I'd gotten myself trapped by a pack of brutes in the high area at the side. No ammo, one sticky grenade and about 8 brutes. Needless to say I died a lot but eventually managed to kick severe amounts of hairy ass. So satisfying!

chess

Do you all read this as a link to each and every file or just a link to the file share?

# Entries must provide a hyperlink to Entrant’s submission files in their Halo: Reach/Bungie.net file share;

I read it as a single link to the files but if it's a link to each and every one my submission is incorrect. :(

Can anyone at bungie clearify for me? My submission linked to the set not each file.

Gui_PT

Jedeye Sniv said:
Oh they will... on Pillar of Autumn I thought I woud have to re-start on the Holdout section, I'd gotten myself trapped by a pack of brutes in the high area at the side. No ammo, one sticky grenade and about 8 brutes. Needless to say I died a lot but eventually managed to kick severe amounts of hairy ass. So satisfying!

Unfortunately, I don't agree. Legendary was disappointingly "easy" in this game =\

Jedeye Sniv said:
I thought Tinypic was dead or dying? I use Imgur for all my hosting needs now, seems a good site (plus no capcha).
I had no idea. I've been using it for a while now (never had to use capcha), guess it's time to switch over. Thanks.

I thought Legendary was satisfying enough. A couple of pulling-out-my-hair moments (most of which was failing to get the 'If They Came to Hear Me Beg' achievement), but it was good/aggravating enough to be considered Legendary. It made Heroic seem like a walk in the park, without a doubt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom