• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember R E A C H |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trasher

GhaleonEB said:
You are clear to post now.
Haha sorry. For whatever reason you can't directly link to screenshots off of Bungie.net. They won't show up for me on here.

Reposting this here:

Trasher said:
Fall damage is broken:

reach_3805606_Full.jpg

reach_3805608_Full.jpg

I've survived doing this a couple times now. Seems that if you land on any sort of uneven part of ground that you won't take any fall damage. This is most likely what's causing everyone's issues with the ITCTHMB achievement.

ElRenoRaven

GhaleonEB said:
I'd just like to point out that this thread was posted one day and change ago, and we're over 1,000 posts in. We're keeping that 1k posts per day pace. Absurd. :lol

We're sorry that we're slacking. We'll try to get it up to 2k posts per day for you. :lol

Raide

PsychoRaven said:
We're sorry that we're slacking. We'll try to get it up to 2k posts per day for you. :lol

Maybe I should build my next map and post up a picture for every item I place down? :lol That should bump the numbers up a bit more.

panda21

this is ridiculous :lol lets get that OT3 :D

like Jeffrey Gerstmann keeps saying I really wish they would make a customs playlist. bubbles something something sorts itself out

Raide

panda21 said:
this is ridiculous :lol lets get that OT3 :D

like Jeffrey Gerstmann keeps saying I really wish they would make a customs playlist. bubbles something something sorts itself out

Customs playlist would be awesome. Add the maps, voting option pops up, off we go! :lol

Spire with invasion rules, does anyone know where the human rockets are? I've seen them appear in stage 2 but have no idea where on the map they spawn, I know the sniper location, there's also a shotgun hidden but no idea on that location too.

MrBig

Diablohead said:
Spire with invasion rules, does anyone know where the human rockets are? I've seen them appear in stage 2 but have no idea where on the map they spawn, I know the sniper location, there's also a shotgun hidden but no idea on that location too.
Shotgun is on the wall on the far right spartan spawn below the conveyor. Where is the human sniper?

Red

Just tried Long Night of Solace with all skulls on. Got over 50,000 points in about five minutes. Each Seraph is worth like 3000 points :lol

DD-11

Shake Appeal said:
It's the most consistent Reach experience.

Except when you sometimes lose Sprint.

And the radar.

And the double rockets on Boardwalk.

And the ridiculous sniper/shotgun timers on Asylum.

And the space-camping on Zealot.

And the roof-camping on Asylum.

And grenade spam.

But otherwise, yeah, it's the best playlist.

Should be:
Slayer DMRs: DMR/pistol, regular AAs, two grenades, radar.
Slayer Pro: DMR/pistol, Sprint-only, one grenade, no radar.

Won't be, though.

Yeah, basically. Grenade spam has to go though. Seriously.

Diablohead said:
Rockets are behind the BFG spawn if I remember correctly.

MrBig said:
Shotgun is on the wall on the far right spartan spawn below the conveyor. Where is the human sniper?
Close by, you know the middle man cannon which appears at stage 3? it's up the cliff just before it against some rock, middle of the map you could say.

I thought rockets might be on the left in that smaller covie building but I can't find them.

SolidEyeSystem said:
Rockets are behind the BFG spawn if I remember correctly.
I shall check tomorrow thanks :D

I really don't like Spire very much. Boneyard has grown on me enough to enjoy it more often than not, but Spire always seems... inhospitable. Like, I don't enjoy being in that environment. I think the Spire itself is goofy. In fact, I think the BTB offering in this game just isn't for me. I know playlists have a lot to do with it at the moment, but this game really seems better at the 4v4 level. A few games of Invasion here and there is a nice palate cleanser, and it's always fun on one level to beat up BTB (I have my best K/D there), but otherwise... nah.

Maybe the addition of a few great BTB/Invasion maps could change this, but right now I'm pretty much only playing Arena/Team Slayer/Team Objective.

Trasher said:
...wat?

I'm Onyx and there's nothing "rainbow" about it. It's completely black.
5.png

Edit: Btw, in order to get your ranking you need to have gotten a rating on 7 different days.

It's supposed to be a slick, reflective black, but they achieved it by giving the top edge a gold hue, and two of the bottom edges blue hues. So when you glance quickly, it kind of looks weird. Not like a rainbow though, I agree.

Oh, and btw, FUCK YOU for being so damn good at this game. :D

Shake Appeal said:
I really don't like Spire very much. Boneyard has grown on me enough to enjoy it more often than not, but Spire always seems... inhospitable. Like, I don't enjoy being in that environment. I think the Spire itself is goofy. In fact, I think the BTB offering in this game just isn't for me. I know playlists have a lot to do with it at the moment, but this game really seems better at the 4v4 level. A few games of Invasion here and there is a nice palate cleanser, and it's always fun on one level to beat up BTB (I have my best K/D there), but otherwise... nah.

Maybe the addition of a few great BTB/Invasion maps could change this, but right now I'm pretty much only playing Arena/Team Slayer/Team Objective.

I felt that way about Spire originally too, but it's really grown on me. A bunch of friends and I played a ton of custom Invasion games on all the Invasion maps to learn the layouts and best routes, and that helped IMMENSELY. The trick to enjoying Invasion is to have a party of four or more. If the majority of the team is on the same page, then everything goes smoothly. You might not win, but at least it doesn't feel like a chaotic cluster**** the entire time.

Boneyard, IMO, is the best big map in the game. But I'm an Invasion junkie. :D

Invasion Slayer needs tweaking. The cap points should either a) always occur in neutral territory around the center of a map or b) should intelligently recognize where the action is taking place and spawn a fair distance away from it. Starting a game on Hemorrhage (quickly becoming my choice for worst map in the game) and having the point be BEHIND the other team's base is fucking ridiculous. Yes, you can definitely come back and win, but do we really need to deal with TWO snipers AND a rocket-launcher just because the territory spawns are fucking idiotic? Really?!

BTB will get better when the playlist gets better. More maps WOULD help though, cause most of the GREAT maps aside from Boneyard are definitely better suited to 4v4.

Trasher

dslgunstar said:
It's supposed to be a slick, reflective black, but they achieved it by giving the top edge a gold hue, and two of the bottom edges blue hues. So when you glance quickly, it kind of looks weird. Not like a rainbow though, I agree.

Oh, and btw, FUCK YOU for being so damn good at this game. :D
Ah ok, I can kinda see that now haha. I just always thought it was a slick reflective looking black!

Smokey

Trasher said:
Not sure to be honest. I'd say I've only gotten 30,000-40,000 today. Only leveled up one Grade too.

I'm guessing it does it based on how much you get in a certain window of time.

What sucks about it for me is that I got a commendation level-up that is now wasted I think. :(

Edit: You know what, I apologize. I'm wrong. I forgot I started out "today" technically as a Captain Grade 3. I finished that off which was probably 15,000 to get to Major, and then I got to Major Grade 1 which was another 25,000 or so. So I would guess I did about 50,000-60,000 in one day.

um wtf, what modes are you playing to get so much in a day?

Trasher

Smokey said:
um wtf, what modes are you playing to get so much in a day?
Well that was over a total of about 12 hours I'd say, and it was also two days worth of challenges. I was mainly playing multiplayer though. Just did Firefight/Campaign for challenges. I didn't really sleep because I haven't been feeling well so I just played Reach all day haha. I also did this for the first time which gave me 18,000 in about 30-45 minutes.

zlatko

Banned
I must have the worst luck in the world when it comes to spawning. At this point I think it's near inexcusable on Bungie's part to even put spawns in the absolute worst parts of the map.

I have to say 6/10 times I'll spawn in the wide ass open, or in a spot with two enemies right behind me.

I can't even think of another game I've played that has worse spawn points. If people don't think it's bad it's because you have luck on your side. Pinnacle always picks the open part of the bowl for me or that wide open bridge for free head rocks against me. Another example is Power House, because it's filled with so many buildings yet it doesn't spawn you in them to keep you safe. It also seems dumb that on Hemmorage if you can push your team up, then the other team will be stuck in spawn loop---especially on snipers. Sucks to be the team who can't spawn without a scorpion or other vehicle finishing them in a few seconds on that map.

I've started to quit out on the regular after getting spawn killed too many times. If I'm not having fun because I literally can't DO anything when I can move again, then there's no reason to keep playing in that game.

Anyone else feel the spawns could use a major overhaul ?

Safe Bet

Banned
Chorazin said:
Another 1.5 hours trying to get ITCTHMB, another 1.5 hours wasted. I'm never going to get this fucking thing. :(
It took me a few hours to get it.

When I did get it, the only thing I did differently from my other successful yet no achievement attempts was the Elite was standing on the road when I hit him.

Trasher

Is it just me or do Halo 3 screenshots look better/cleaner than Reach screenshots? It's quite the opposite though when it comes to actually playing the games.

Victrix

*beard*
zlatko said:

That's odd, I've had the opposite experience. My spawns have generally been quite good, and I've rarely been spawn killed quickly.

What's strange though, is that while I can't recall too many instances where I went 'fucking spawn' ala MW2, I have seen other people get horribly shitty spawns. I can think of several instances where people spawned in my line of sight and not very far away.

Or in my line of sight and far away in SWAT, which may as well be the same thing (I'm sure the guy who I headshot after he took two steps wasn't a fan of the spawn)

Trasher said:
Is it just me or do Halo 3 screenshots look better/cleaner than Reach screenshots? It's quite the opposite though when it comes to actually playing the games.

I noticed this too, Halo 3 screenshotted really well. Reach screenshots are hardly bad, and the game looks incredible, but they don't seem quite as impressive as I remember H3 being (I would still check the H3 screenshot thread from time to time and it was still impressive ages later).

zlatko said:
I must have the worst luck in the world when it comes to spawning. At this point I think it's near inexcusable on Bungie's part to even put spawns in the absolute worst parts of the map.

I have to say 6/10 times I'll spawn in the wide ass open, or in a spot with two enemies right behind me.

I can't even think of another game I've played that has worse spawn points. If people don't think it's bad it's because you have luck on your side. Pinnacle always picks the open part of the bowl for me or that wide open bridge for free head rocks against me. Another example is Power House, because it's filled with so many buildings yet it doesn't spawn you in them to keep you safe. It also seems dumb that on Hemmorage if you can push your team up, then the other team will be stuck in spawn loop---especially on snipers. Sucks to be the team who can't spawn without a scorpion or other vehicle finishing them in a few seconds on that map.

I've started to quit out on the regular after getting spawn killed too many times. If I'm not having fun because I literally can't DO anything when I can move again, then there's no reason to keep playing in that game.

Modern Warfare 2's are worse.

I spawn directly in an enemy's crosshairs (like, in the killcam, I literally appear with my head in the crosshairs), spawn in the EXACT SAME SPOT where I just died, across the map from the rest of my team, and so on. Several times a game.

I once had an enemy spawn directly in front of me within melee distance, back turned.

zlatko said:

Absolutely, basically Bungie has the same spawn set at the moment for each map regardless of what gametype it is, this is absolutely unacceptable gameplay wise.

I'd say I'm hoping for future updates having maps in rotation so distinct it would be like : The Cage 4v4 Infection, The Cage Doubles Pro, The Cage Doubles Slayer...The Cage FFA, with spawn power weapons not being there until the first minute or so, so spawn location (luck) doesn't play or has little to do with the outcome as possible.

right now they are cramming too many different gametypes, onto maps, with too many playlists that all play so different yet are using the same timings and spawns and weapon sets, its a hot mess right now. I have hope but...

They need some hard help, for instance, me.

Hire Juices.

Probably no one will care but here's a clip of me getting the If You Came to Hear Me Beg achievement.

Link

I can't even explain how satisfying that finally was.

The Lamonster said:
OT but how do I gift marketplace points to someone?
I don't think you can. You can buy them a point code on Amazon though, and send it as a gift.

FrankT

Crunched said:
Just tried Long Night of Solace with all skulls on. Got over 50,000 points in about five minutes. Each Seraph is worth like 3000 points :lol

Wait what? This on Legendary? Did you play through the entire thing?

Might spend a few hours tomorrow looking at making a forge world invasion, or maybe mix up boneyard to make a completely new set of objectives if possible, elites would start up on the hill behind their regular spawn (where you appear from in single player) and attack two different points, then something like big explosions maybe :lol

Red

Jtyettis said:
Wait what? This on Legendary? Did you play through the entire thing?
Was on Heroic. Don't imagine Legendary would be much different. Only played past the first Saber section (stopped at the checkpoint right before assaulting the Corvette).

Also it wasn't all the skulls. Iron and the silver skulls were all off.

Neuromancer said:
Probably no one will care but here's a clip of me getting the If You Came to Hear Me Beg achievement.

Link

I can't even explain how satisfying that finally was.

I don't think you can. You can buy them a point code on Amazon though, and send it as a gift.

haha I've seen you post about your struggles, congrats.

FrankT

Crunched said:
Was on Heroic. Don't imagine Legendary would be much different. Only played past the first Saber section (stopped at the checkpoint right before assaulting the Corvette).

Did you start a fresh or did you start from rally point Alpha(Space start point).

Red

Jtyettis said:
Did you start a fresh or did you start from rally point Alpha(Space start point).
Space part. I just wanted to see how many points I'd get with those skulls on. Wasn't exactly a challenge of skill :lol

I figured that would be the easiest part of the game just to dip in to see the points rack up.

cuevas said:
haha I've seen you post about your struggles, congrats.
Hey thanks, yeah I was getting really mad. :lol

betweenthewheels said:
I hate those damn forge maps! (Bungie made)
I'm not crazy about them either.

_

In other news, who's GYSGT Stacker, as seen in the Firefight voices you can unlock?

ElRenoRaven

Neuromancer said:
Hey thanks, yeah I was getting really mad. :lol

I'm not crazy about them either.

_

In other news, who's GYSGT Stacker, as seen in the Firefight voices you can unlock?

That's Sgt Stacker. Think of him like Sargent Johnson but without the respect Johnson got. Like johnson he showed up time and time again in the games.

FrankT

Crunched said:
Space part. I just wanted to see how many points I'd get with those skulls on. Wasn't exactly a challenge of skill :lol

I figured that would be the easiest part of the game just to dip in to see the points rack up.

Hmm, yea just got a whole 300. :lol

Trasher said:

They were definitely brighter and more colorful.

Lazslo

Dax01 said:
I love Spire; at least much more so than Boneyard. There's just more possibilities for interesting encounters.
Same here, so much fun can be had on spire just due to those grav-lifts. I only really enjoy invasion on Spire

Safe Bet

Banned
Trasher said:
Well I first posted Master Chief is the highest Enlisted Rank but was then reminded Sergeants are also in the "halo universe" so I left the only part of the quote I hoped was canon.

It would be cool if Master Chiefs were an elect few and 117 was the last reaming one alive (explaining why everyone knows who "Master Chief" is) at the time the game's story occurs..

Trasher

Safe Bet said:
Well I first posted Master Chief is the highest Enlisted Rank but was then reminded Sergeants are also in the "halo universe" so I left the only part of the quote I hoped was canon.
Oh, ok. I thought you meant something else the way you quoted it.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
Shake Appeal said:
I see bungie.net is now properly reporting Firefight stats to include matchmade games on the timesink wheel. Good change.
Nice, <3 my wheel.

Also just noticed multi-team games that you didn't get first in no longer show as a loss, just different sized blue bars depending on what place you came in. Now it doesn't look like I completely sucked it up when I play a bunch of those. Yay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom