• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember R E A C H |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

zumphry

Banned
Alucrid said:
Yeah, I did those games for CQC kills and the 10 games. They tend to go by fast...though 10 games seems to take forever. I can definitely get Captain tomorrow, I'm feeling it, I know it...I must.

Heh, I'm on the Captain grind myself. :lol

Also, in about 2 seconds, 7 out of 8 people voted for Infection. :lol Jeeze.

Oozer3993

Hey You said:
The Reach Stats API have gone live.

http://twitter.com/stosh/

Private Group

Sweet. And great timing. I should have a bunch of time this weekend to work on something.

Devin Olsen said:
Haven't seen this posted here yet.

Cody Miller speed runs Winter Contingency - 9:25
YouTube

Link to HBO post

I personally am more excited to try speed running in Reach then I ever have been for any Halo game (minus Halo: CE).

I was planning on submitting a run using that Falcon glitch as soon as HSH was taking submissions since right at the beginning is my only chance to get on the site lol. I was crushed when I saw that on HBO lol

Doodis said:
How's the Reach guide? I need to spend my $20 Gamestop gift card on something.

Fantastic. The actual guide part is extremely exhaustive. It covers EVERYTHING. The concept art is gorgeous and it is excellently constructed. The visor for whichever Spartan you get on the cover is even made of reflective foil.

Neuromancer said:
I wonder how many people would bother beating the game on Legendary solo if there wasn't an achievement. My guess is not many. That just sounds more like a brutal, soul-crushing grind and less like a fun challenge.

I did it for 3 and ODST even though there are no achievements for soloing those. Reach was definitely more difficult than either of those (ODST is a cakewalk) but they were all pretty fun.

Alucrid

Banned
Trasher said:
Well that was over a total of about 12 hours I'd say, and it was also two days worth of challenges. I was mainly playing multiplayer though. Just did Firefight/Campaign for challenges. I didn't really sleep because I haven't been feeling well so I just played Reach all day haha. I also did this for the first time which gave me 18,000 in about 30-45 minutes.

Oh...is that why I'm seeing so many Lt. Gens?

Veelk

Banned
Crunched said:
Regardless of that, your screenshot shows a 4:3 aspect ratio. 720p is 16:9. You have the "HD" switch toggled on those cables? You've probably checked all this already, but what does your 360 say it's displaying as?
Okay, nevermind. It was on 480p. What probably happened was that at one point I took my xbox to the other TV in the house, one that I can't typically use, and that one did have an HDMI cable. When I switched it back to the one I usually use, it must have automatically went to 480p. I have been playing SD all this time. :lol

Thanks for the help, maybe this problem will go away now.

Red

Generic said:
Okay, nevermind. It was on 480p. What probably happened was that at one point I took my xbox to the other TV in the house, one that I can't typically use, and that one did have an HDMI cable. When I switched it back to the one I usually use, it must have automatically went to 480p. I have been playing SD all this time. :lol

Thanks for the help, maybe this problem will go away now.
No problem, hopefully that alleviates some of the issues.

I got 1490 or something in 1 Gruntpocalypse match I'm fairly certain it's glitched and carries over some Campaign cRs or something. Because I'd get +1 in Campaign when I swore I should've gotten more.

It's weird.

Regardless I'm halfway between Warrant Officer Gd. 3 and Captain. Whoopeee!

Sean

Banned
Thanks all for the tips on Pillar of Autumn.

Neuromancer said:
I wonder how many people would bother beating the game on Legendary solo if there wasn't an achievement. My guess is not many. That just sounds more like a brutal, soul-crushing grind and less like a fun challenge.

I'll be honest, if there wasn't an achievement I wouldn't have bothered with it. I normally skip the "macho man" difficulty in games, even when there's achievements (I never do Veteran in CoD games for example). But Legendary solo difficulty in Reach is really not that bad honestly. The checkpoints are very lenient, I was even getting some mid-battle (like eight elites or so and after taking out two or three you get a checkpoint). Just have to make sure to stay behind cover and aim for headshots.

Heroic is definitely the sweet spot though IMO. It's challenging yet not too hardcore, you definitely feel like you have a lot more freedom on that difficulty.

Alucrid

Banned
Sean said:
Thanks all for the tips on Pillar of Autumn.

I'll be honest, if there wasn't an achievement I wouldn't have bothered with it. I normally skip the "macho man" difficulty in games, even when there's achievements (I never do Veteran in CoD games for example). But Legendary solo difficulty in Reach is really not that bad honestly. The checkpoints are very lenient, I was even getting some mid-battle (like eight elites or so and after taking out two or three you get a checkpoint). Just have to make sure to stay behind cover and aim for headshots.

Heroic is definitely the sweet spot though IMO. It's challenging yet not too hardcore, you definitely feel like you have a lot more freedom on that difficulty.

Eh, compared to some CoD games where if you move an inch you get shot in the head, it wasn't bad at all. I never really got stuck on parts long enough I wanted to smash a controller and usually if I just slowed down and took everything in stride I got through no prob.

Red

Anyone have tips for using Forge? I keep having trouble moving stuff around. Can't get angles right and stuff keeps getting tilted.

zumphry

Banned
PsychoRaven said:
That grind goes a lot faster. I flew through the captain ranks.

Oh, no. I'm grinding to Captain. Regular matchmaking games only seem to make the bar move like a centimeter.

Just finished the challenge with a triple kill then a double kill. :lol Probably will stick around to get the 10 games (4/10 now) one done. Wonder if we'll ever get a Infection playlist like we are SWAT and probably in the future, Snipers. Going to get hated on for saying this, but dicking around with Infection is pretty fun. Nice to play after a few days of games I haven't enjoyed.

Schmitty

Crunched said:
Regardless of that, your screenshot shows a 4:3 aspect ratio. 720p is 16:9. You have the "HD" switch toggled on those cables? You've probably checked all this already, but what does your 360 say it's displaying as?
Yeah check your Xbox setting along with the cable

WaltJay said:
Thanks to everyone for the advice posted for the Pillar of Autumn level.

Quick aside: My save file magically disappeared, so I couldn't resume my game, so I had to start from Rally Point Bravo (more on that later).

A quick search on Bungie.net let me know I'm SOL. Since I couldn't resume my game save for whatever reason and started from a checkpoint, it didn't count. WHAT-THE-FUCK! I need to start the PoA mission all over again, from the very beginning in order to get credit. Thanks Bungie for fucking up whatever enjoyment I had left from the single player campaign. This shit is turning into a job!

But thanks to everyone for the advice; worked perfectly. :D
You got off easy friend. I got my entire save wiped. I lost all of my campaign progress (completion of Lengendary solo and coop). Even now I don't have it all earned back.

Of all maps to remake, why did they remake Ascension? In my opinion, it's the worst map from Halo 2.

Anyway, I got ranked. 1023. Could have been better if I didn't play on Pinnacle. Oh well. :\/

Schmitty

Of all maps to remake, why did they remake Ascension? In my opinion, it's the worst map from Halo 2.

Anyway, I got ranked. 1023. Could have been better if I didn't play on Pinnacle. Oh well. :\/
Ascension was awesome in Halo 2, but in Reach the spawns seem off

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Crunched said:
Anyone have tips for using Forge? I keep having trouble moving stuff around. Can't get angles right and stuff keeps getting tilted.

You can edit the co-ordinates of an object if you want an easier way to align objects.

TTG

Going through tip of the spear(I think that's what it's called, AA gun level) on legendary was so excellent. The rocket warthog and the jet pack later open things up so much. Lot's of different strategies and routes to take. I ended up stealing a Banshee and playing around with the sword carrying elite at the top of the spire with my jet pack. Got him out on the balcony and just floated above him. Having the huge spire there was a scarab like moment, so many options and "holly shit" moments.

OK so after bitching about Legendary Solo somehow I find myself playing The Package level on Legendary by accident. :D

I'm stuck at the bit where
I'm waiting for Dr. Halsey to open the goddamn doors and its taking forever. Do I HAVE to go around setting up turrets in order to progress, or are those optional? I keep seeing checkpoint after checkpoint and I'm getting about 15 FPS as the world explodes around me and she still won't let me in. Is this normal?

zumphry

Banned
Neuromancer said:
OK so after bitching about Legendary Solo somehow I find myself playing The Package level on Legendary by accident. :D

I'm waiting for Dr. Halsey to open the goddamn doors and its taking forever. Do I HAVE to go around setting up turrets in order to progress, or are those optional? I keep seeing checkpoint after checkpoint and I'm getting about 15 FPS as the world explodes around me and she still won't let me in. Is this normal?

I remember just setting them up the first time, then letting them die. I think I made B go up one more time, but I dunno. :/

Sean

Banned
Neuromancer said:

Not necessary, just camp by the doors with the rest of noble team. Use the ammo rack things as cover, most enemies get distracted by your AI teammates and you can pop em with headshots on the DMR (crouch for better aim). There's plenty of health and ammo there.

It just takes a very long time for the doors to open, seemed like 20 minutes.

ElRenoRaven

ZayneH said:
Oh, no. I'm grinding to Captain. Regular matchmaking games only seem to make the bar move like a centimeter.

Just finished the challenge with a triple kill then a double kill. :lol Probably will stick around to get the 10 games (4/10 now) one done. Wonder if we'll ever get a Infection playlist like we are SWAT and probably in the future, Snipers. Going to get hated on for saying this, but dicking around with Infection is pretty fun. Nice to play after a few days of games I haven't enjoyed.

Oh damn sorry ot hear that. The grind to captain is the longest currently I think.

I just played a game of Infection where I was the zombie every single time.

It wouldn't be so bad if THE PEOPLE DIDN'T CAMP THE STUPID FUCKING BUILDING ON ASCENSION. jsafl;kbmdf;lkgnml;

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Crunched said:
How? I thought there was a way to "snap" objects together, too. Can't find it.

When holding an object press B and you'll get a menu that allows you to edit them and also align objects to set rotations - which will also help. For example, say you wanted to build a large floor, you spawn a piece, set the rotation to 90 degrees and flip it horizontally and repeat it with other pieces and then edit the coordinates to align them together.

Thagomizer said:
ATTENTION HALO GAF:

Please go to the OT and read the "anime pillows" thread. Right now. Unless you have small children in the room.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=408698

On-topic, you don't have to use the turrets. In fact, what I did was take a Ghost, shimmied over to the Wraith shelling you from the back, and used it to own Covenant face.
Disturbia.

Anyway thanks guys, finally got through. So tell me, that mission, how much harder is the last mission than the 2nd to last one? All things considered I didn't think the Package was too bad except at the end. In fact I thought I was playing Heroic until the tank achievement popped up.

zumphry

Banned
Thagomizer said:
ATTENTION HALO GAF:

Please go to the OT and read the "anime pillows" thread. Right now. Unless you have small children in the room.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=408698

On-topic, you don't have to use the turrets. In fact, what I did was take a Ghost, shimmied over to the Wraith shelling you from the back, and used it to own Covenant face.

218ol5.jpg

:lol :lol

PsychoRaven said:
Oh damn sorry ot hear that. The grind to captain is the longest currently I think.

yeah, Warrant Grade 3 to Captain is 66000 Cr. Shit sucks.

Monocle

So I just played 10 games for the daily challenge and 7 of them were motherfucking SWAT or Snipers.

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.

Victrix

*beard*
The ranks are set up that way because of the two achievements tied to them - Captain and Lt. Colonel complete the last two achievements.

Red

Dani said:
When holding an object press B and you'll get a menu that allows you to edit them and also align objects to set rotations - which will also help. For example, say you wanted to build a large floor, you spawn a piece, set the rotation to 90 degrees and flip it horizontally and repeat it with other pieces and then edit the coordinates to align them together.
Thanks.

Is there an exploit for finishing levels on Heroic/Legendary without dying? Because this guy has done it 151 times.

zumphry

Banned
Victrix said:
The ranks are set up that way because of the two achievements tied to them - Captain and Lt. Colonel complete the last two achievements.

66000 for Captain, 50000 for Lt. Colonel? Ugh. At least now I'm trying to get the Daily Challenges and not just the Weeklies.

Monocle

Devin Olsen said:
Haven't seen this posted here yet.

Cody Miller speed runs Winter Contingency - 9:25
YouTube

Link to HBO post

I personally am more excited to try speed running in Reach then I ever have been for any Halo game (minus Halo: CE).
Hell yes! First Reach Legendary run I've seen. Thanks for posting.

Daigoro

clang a lang a ding dong!

Odrion said:
I was told Gruntpocalpyse was a good way to get CR, yet it's like 60 CR per game. Did Bungie fix this?

dunno. maybe its a cap that was reached or something? same thing was happening to me yesterday morning.

Bring me more daily challenges for I have conquered them all! BWAHAHAA

Odrion said:
I was told Gruntpocalpyse was a good way to get CR, yet it's like 60 CR per game. Did Bungie fix this?
I play on Overlook and get between 1000-2000 cR per game.
I don't die and use the BR exclusively getting tons of headshots.

Don't go get health or ammo until they call in reinforcements.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Yeah, the 66K credits required for WOG3 ---> Captain is a pretty weird hump. I just made Captain tonight myself. Not only is it the biggest gap between ranks (so far), but it's the biggest by a wide margin.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
Hey guys, I am considering a Kindle before the new series of Halo books launches. Are the books available on digital form on launch date?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom