• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember R E A C H |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oozer3993

timetokill said:
Well it seems to be definitely "at least 1" which is still far too long.

I got the message and bump to the matchmaking lobby after only being idle during the very end of the game (i.e. after the final kill) and post game countdown.

Lunchbox

Banned
GM Bullfrog said:
Pretty sure urk confirmed a while back that after 2 games you get removed before going into another game.

sweet, so ill have to press A every half and hour before my free afk xp ride pauses for a min or two

Holy crap, were not even a Quarter of the way through the Challenge meter!?? Please tell me im reading it all wrong, because at this rate we wont see the rank cap go for years. :lol

I mean seriously, I assumed that we would be a hefty chunk of the way through already, the first few weeks are when the most challenges are going to have been completed.

Active Camo not in Arena...fuck that, thats my go to AA!

Fuck you its already shitty enough that most people can just see you if they look hard.

Also again a chart without bearings like the percentiles...you need like stats to see where you are...

I assume the meter starts at like 100million or something...

SailorDaravon said:
....I'm hoping that the Challenge meter is not currently reflecting correctly, otherwise urk is REALLY bad at math.

The thing is, we cant really get a good reading from that thermometer, the circular area could be worth 100 million for all we know, or it could be worth 10 million. :/

Either way I cant belive it took a week to bring that out, they could have at least put markings on it to indicate the midpoint etc. Meh were pretty much as blind with the thing as we were without it. Assuming of course that its just weird to read, if we really are at the bottom of that bar, I will be shocked.

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
SailorDaravon said:
....I'm hoping that the Challenge meter is not currently reflecting correctly, otherwise urk is REALLY bad at math.

I was a mathlete!

Updated the Update. The bulb at the bottom is filled with millions of challenges and whatnot. I'd get good up to date numbers but rocketmoose is on vacation. :(

Kujo

Challenge meter sucks without a reference point. Let me take a stab in the dark and guess we'll suddenly reach 117 on November 8

MrBig

urk said:
I was a mathlete!

Updated the Update. The bulb at the bottom is filled with millions of challenges and whatnot. I'd get good up to date numbers but rocketmoose is on vacation. :(
So, 1-2 months to reach the top you think?

Countdown ticker woulda been so much crazier. Make it a race!

Also any word on how far we can go up til the next cap? Like should I just stop playing now?

Kuroyume

Banned
bobs99 ... said:
Holy crap, were not even a Quarter of the way through the Challenge meter!?? Please tell me im reading it all wrong, because at this rate we wont see the rank cap go for years. :lol

I mean seriously, I assumed that we would be a hefty chunk of the way through already, the first few weeks are when the most challenges are going to have been completed.

:lol

feel

MrBig said:
So, 1-2 months to reach the top you think?
A couple of weeks. He estimated we wold hit 117m early on November the first time he mentioned it. Of course, with these uninspired and repetitive challenges lately I'd say late November or early December is more likely.

MrBig

Lunchbox said:
lol no, 6 months minimum. call of duty is stealing half the audience in 3 weeks anyways

next summer at the earliest is when this gets done
I'm not complaining, I've already bought everything I want besides MK V shoulders, but that would be complete bullshit. They've got the data they need to adjust the credit requirements for advancements already. By that time the game will go back down to Halo 3's population and no one will care.
Month and a half in and we're 1/4 filled.

chapel

Banned
I like radarless arena, but armor lock is still going to be in it...

Are they going to at least let us choose a map next season?

Yea thats bullshit active camo gets removed because no radar yet armor lock is still in where you can GET STUCK and be dead and just remove it by armor locking...thats absolute garbage. Balance your fucking game.

ElRenoRaven

Nice to see that my wish was granted and there was an update on the Bnet spartans. Sad though to hear that there is no ETA on when the Spartan Bungie.net updating will be up and running. Oh well though. While cool it won't kill anything for me to wait.

Also that Blame Stosh was hilariously cool as hell. Just another reason I love Bungie's games.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Knowing that the bulb at the bottom isn't just for show, it looks like we're about 2/5 of the way there. Unless Black Ops steals away a ton of players, I'd expect the pace to continue at a similar rate (less people playing frequently, but a small number more actively completing challenges) that it has over the first five weeks of the game's availability... I'd guess mid-to-late December or so.

Just a guess, though. I also haven't reached the cap and probably won't anytime soon since I don't have much time to play right now, so I'm not extremely invested or anything.

feel

Talk about Reach being updated to support the new voice chat codec, where is it urk?

Dax01 said:
You know, every time I type the URL to WYL, it brings me to ********. Did EviLore buy out the website?
it's just .co now

Letters said:
A couple of weeks. He estimated we wold hit 117m early on November the first time he mentioned it. Of course, with these uninspired and repetitive challenges lately I'd say late November or early December is more likely.

Ugh, pretty lame if you ask me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom