• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember R E A C H |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kujo

zn0iyo.gif

Tashi0106 said:
7-4 -__-

We keep matching against top ranked teams lol

Are your opponents bribing you with free beer and relatively fresh pizza? That's how my friends and I used to beat Campus Safety.

Regarding the Thermoms issue: I doubt that CoD: BO is going to affect the challenge progression that much. Seems to me the average "waiting for BO" player has probably not been grinding out challenges anyways. I'm so glad they named their game BO.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Bregmann Roche said:
Are your opponents bribing you with free beer and relatively fresh pizza? That's how my friends and I used to beat Campus Safety.

Regarding the Thermoms issue: I doubt that CoD: BO is going to affect the challenge progression that much. Seems to me the average "waiting for BO" player has probably not been grinding out challenges anyways. I'm so glad they named their game BO.

Hahahha yea.

8-4 :)

GhaleonEB

I sat down just now to continue working on map #2, and made a few tweaks I didn't like. So I quit, without saving, and re-load it up. And the map overwrite bug just hit, so Beach loads up as Crossroads. The map I spent the past two days building out just got erased by the same bug that erased an earlier version. But this one actually had a lot of polish in it so far. Time to spend an evening rebuilding!

ASDfja ;sldjfsaofuisopadfjpsalkfj;sladmkfsda

Edit: a hard reboot fixed it. Crisis averted! Onward, upward.

MrBig

GhaleonEB said:
fuck!

I sat down just now to continue working on map #2, and made a few tweaks I didn't like. So I quit, without saving, and re-load it up. And the map overwrite bug just hit, so Beach loads up as Crossroads. The map I spent the past two days building out just got erased by the same bug that erased an earlier version. But this one actually had a lot of polish in it so far. This needs to be fixed, that's two maps down the tubes. Time to spend an evening rebuilding!

ASDfja ;sldjfsaofuisopadfjpsalkfj;sladmkfsda
I'm in forge all the time and haven't been having any of the issues you've been having. I would say clear out all of your duplicate saves and clear your cache.

e: this got bottom paged, thanks for the render, Circle T
MrBig said:

chess

Urk,

My forgetacular submission earlier this week only linked to the file set and not each individual file. Is this valid? It's in the colosseum. After reading the update hopefully it's a welcomed change.

GhaleonEB said:
fuck!
The map I spent the past two days building out just got erased by the same bug that erased an earlier version.

Between this and Score Attack I think your copy of Reach may be trying to kill you. Do you take Nitrates for chest pains? Consult your doctor before playing Reach at Ghaleon's place.

Should we all consider saving work in progress stuff to our file shares? Would this even help?

Wait a minute...Bungie Pro offers additional storage slots...the most recent Bungie game "appears" to have a "bug" that "encourages" us to use up storage slots on our file shares...and they have a map called "Spire" which is almost like the word "conSPIRacy"...

CURSE YOU BINGLE!

Ramirez

Trasher said:
So I did something incredibly stupid. I was checking my rank offline (over halfway through grade three of Commander btw), and I had heard that you were refunded your credits if you bought stuff that was actually locked because of the rank cap. So anyways, I started buying shit just to check stuff out on my Spartan, and I bought stuff that was already unlocked with my current online rank. MISTAKE. So those 500,000 credits I had saved up? All gone. :lol Oh well. It's all cosmetic so I don't really care. Was kinda saving up to get the pestilence armor effect though. Mainly because I've never seen it haha.

:lol :lol :lol :lol

Azar

So did anyone test multi team on atom before putting it in matchmaking? I just played an entire game spawning in the exact same location. :lol

Azar said:
So did anyone test multi team on atom before putting it in matchmaking? I just played an entire game spawning in the exact same location. :lol

We've known about this since the day Reach launched!

Oh wait. Atom. I'm sorry, I thought you were talking about The Cage. Interesting that they both share the same stupid problem. :(

Nelo Ice

Banned
WOW 2nd game after not playing reach for like 2 or 3 weeks and i was 1 kill away from like mike :lol =(

almost had it just now in a swat game on cliffhanger

MrDaravon

Azar said:

That happens on other maps in multi-team as well, that's not Atom-specific.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
electricpirate said:
Lol

He's fluent in many web languages! His deep knowledge of gifs will take him far!
Subject: Rank cap Thermometer is a fake, Evidence included! Bungie FAIL AGAIN
the Bungie webteam seem to have problems using CSS and basic web standards.
Please employ someone smart to work on your website I will quite happily say I know more about your website than your webteam
:lol

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
SailorDaravon said:
That happens on other maps in multi-team as well, that's not Atom-specific.
It only happened on the Cage with green team, but they took that out. I've yet to see it on any other map.

Circle T

Neuromancer said:
Edit: beaten like a grunt
Its funny you mention that. I have the arm as well, and I like to think it hurts those little bastards an extra bit more when I elbow or pistol-whip them with it. I know it actually doesn't, but seeing the arm smashing them in the face never gets old. :D

I kind of want the broken heart thingo, but i'd have to disable the flaming head... I paid a lot of money to have that, and it looks cool... decisions decisions.

does anyone have the smelly head or the electric head yet?

jizzlobber said:
I kind of want the broken heart thingo, but i'd have to disable the flaming head... I paid a lot of money to have that, and it looks cool... decisions decisions.

does anyone have the smelly head or the electric head yet?
Not that I've seen but it wouldn't surprise me.

I have no hope of getting either of those, it took enough restraint for me to save up for the robot arm and that was less than 100K.

Feorax

New challenges:

Shootin' and Lootin'

Kill 400 enemies in any game mode in Reach.

4000cR

Where There's Smoke...

Kill 50 enemies in Firefight Matchmaking.

500cR

Harder than Some

Complete a Campaign mission on Heroic with Thunderstorm, Famine, and Tilt on.

1000cR

Neuroscience

Kill 10 enemies with headshots in a multiplayer Matchmaking game.

1200cR

Feorax said:
New challenges:

Shootin' and Lootin'

Kill 400 enemies in any game mode in Reach.

4000cR

Where There's Smoke...

Kill 50 enemies in Firefight Matchmaking.

500cR

Harder than Some

Complete a Campaign mission on Heroic with Thunderstorm, Famine, and Tilt on.

1000cR

Neuroscience

Kill 10 enemies with headshots in a multiplayer Matchmaking game.

1200cR

Something that takes 5 minutes to do is worth 1200 credits, but something that will actually take time only gives 1000? What the hell?

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Sometimes you forget how great the player base is. Nothing like a whiny little brat bitching about how you stole his banshee and used it wrong. Proceeding then to blame everything from why he died to why the sky is blue on you.

God I love whiners. You can hear the tears over the mic. :lol

Taking radar out of the arena means that I'll never play it again :(

Usually, I go in and play a few games on my own each day. I don't use a mic because I'm not in the mood for chatting to random people. I don't have enough friends to field a four man team when I have the time to play. Even though there's always a gap in skill between teams who communicate and teams who don't, having the radar gives people who play on their own more of an advantage without penalizing players who are playing in teams. By taking away the radar they're only further decreasing the ability to play with skill for those who don't play with a mic.

Gui_PT

snoopeasystreet said:
Taking radar out of the arena means that I'll never play it again :(

Usually, I go in and play a few games on my own each day. I don't use a mic because I'm not in the mood for chatting to random people. I don't have enough friends to field a four man team when I have the time to play. Even though there's always a gap in skill between teams who communicate and teams who don't, having the radar gives people who play on their own more of an advantage without penalizing players who are playing in teams. By taking away the radar they're only further decreasing the ability to play with skill for those who don't play with a mic.

There are a lot of HaloGaffers you can invite at any time.

The challenges alone today are worth almost 7K exp and its probably easy to earn well over 10K just going for them with match complete bonuses and so on.

Im a fan of todays challenges. :D

This may sounds stupid, and I apologize in advance if it does...

Is there a way to have an RSS feed to this thread?

I feel like I am 5 years behind on this RSS feed stuff, it's actually really handy for a lot of things... heh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom