• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember R E A C H |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trasher

Church RvB said:
No doubt Slayer Arena is easier to get a high rating. I mostly play Doubles Arena though, so I'm used to it being a load of shit.
Yeah, you can't really compare doubles ratings to 4v4 ratings. They always piss me off too because of how low they are.

Ramirez

I thought the rating means little in the grand scheme of things? I had some truly awful arena ratings this season, talking sub 1200 in a 3 game average and I'm in onyx.

Where is that compare feature located bobs, I cannot find it. :(

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Yea it's who you play against right? A 1500 against Onyx players is better than a 1600 against Silver players...

Trasher

Ramirez said:
I thought the rating means little in the grand scheme of things? I had some truly awful arena ratings this season, talking sub 1200 in a 3 game average and I'm in onyx.

Where is that compare feature located bobs, I cannot find it. :(

They're just handing out Onyx to anyone these days now aren't they?!

Reach I know for sure doesn't have the compare feature yet, but bobs appeared to have found it for Halo 3. I can't find it for either anyways.

Ramirez

Trasher said:
They're just handing out Onyx to anyone these days now aren't they?!

Reach I know for sure doesn't have the compare feature yet, but bobs appeared to have found it for Halo 3. I can't find it for either anyways.

I see your shotgun kills are almost number 2 overall for you, you're pretty good.

MrBig

Challenge Complete: Like Mike
emot-smug.gif

Had to play Multi Team oddbal on Zealot to get it though. I've been playing like shit all week, this should have been easy.

Tashi0106 said:
Yea it's who you play against right? A 1500 against Onyx players is better than a 1600 against Silver players...

It's the player order in the game based on the ratings, and the skill level of your opponents.

For example, coming in first place with 1800 and beating the next person by 300 has an identical effect to coming in first place with 1501 and beating the 2nd highest by 1 point.

Yes, playing well against Onyx players will do more for your rank than wiping the floor with Silver or below players.

Eh, it's the weekend and today's challenges were fast to get. May take more than 12 days.

I wouldn't put too much faith in that anyway simply because we don't know how often the image updates or how accurate it is. But as a rough guess, 2 weeks looks like the right kind of figure.

GhaleonEB

So instead of Mythic Attack, since the new game types aren't linked to bungie.net or leaderboards, I do the regular. And have a great game on Beachhead, which does link to bungie.net. Yay!

But it does not appear on the leaderboard (would be 1st by a mile).

This game hates me.

GhaleonEB said:
So instead of Mythic Attack, since the new game types aren't linked to bungie.net or leaderboards, I do the regular. And have a great game on Beachhead, which does link to bungie.net. Yay!

This game hates me.

The leaderboards for Score Attack are inconsistent. There are games when I get a higher score cause the phantoms drop 8 elites. And games where I get a lower score cause only 4 come out to play.

Trasher

GhaleonEB said:

This game hates me.
27,000 is the highest by a mile? Really?! lol

Edit: My Score Attack leaderboard doesn't have my highest game on there either (which is the only one I've done with a score of 26,900).

Edit 2: Hmmm, it lists it under the Overview tab, but not under the Score Attack tab because apparently Glacier isn't on there yet.

So I was playing infection and just got booted by someone for killing them. As in, I'm a human and he's a zombie, I kill said zombie, get a betrayal and he boots me for killing him.

Didn't know there was such a cool twist to infection in Reach.

How it went down.

Circle T

koshunter said:
So I was playing infection and just got booted by someone for killing them. As in, I'm a human and he's a zombie, I kill said zombie, get a betrayal and he boots me for killing him.

How it went down.
Rendered.

MIMIC said:
Got Reach a few weeks ago.

I love this "Space Battle" mission in the campaign :D
Yeah it's really good. I could see 343 or someone making a whole game like that (space and air battles) that could be pretty badass.

Hey You

koshunter said:

How it went down.
Yeah, its really annoying.

I saw a post from Jeremiah/NoF a while back and said its under investigation.

MrBig

Neuromancer said:
Yeah it's really good. I could see 343 or someone making a whole game like that (space and air battles) that could be pretty badass.
There hasn't been a good space game in a long time. That might actually work.

A Halo space game could work, but it would be in the vein of Halo Wars, as in it wouldnt really capture what made Halo... Halo. They could get the aesthetics right, and I would love it. but im hoping that 343 goes down the FPS route first, just so we can compare theyre vision of Halo to Bungies.

I hope they make Halo 4, it seems like Greg Bears novels are a foundation for setting up the Forerunners. They could be an interesting new enemy to meet, especially if Chief lands on some weird Forerunner Planet (as seen in the end of Halo 3) :p

They would have a lot of decisions to make about a Halo game following the Chief again though, Halo 3 had some pretty different technology than Reach does. Personally I hope they bring back the BR,
and drop bloom
but thats probably just me.

TheOddOne

Ha, the challenges today made sure I got the A New Challenger and They've Always Been Faster chievos. I did ''Harder than Some'' challenge on Winter contingency, never again.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
TheOddOne said:
Ha, the challenges today made sure I got the A New Challenger and They've Always Been Faster chievos. I did ''Harder than Some'' challenge on Winter contingency, never again.

Yeah, I did Harder than Some on WC, never played with those skulls on before and I've gotta say... not exactly that much fun to have no ammo and have base Elites that take two PP shots to drop shields on. It was fun for a one-off but people that play with all skulls on are just masochistic IMO. Whatever floats your boat though.

Finally made Major today and got the sweet assed EVA helmet that I've had my eye on since day one. Now I just need a few more credits to get the last upgrade for it and I'll have a nice helmet that most people don't seem to use (yet, I'm sure that'll change soon...).

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
TheOddOne said:

wat

WC is the easiest level to do any Campaign shenanigans on. You can sprint past 95% of the level.

Domino Theory said:
wat

WC is the easiest level to do any Campaign shenanigans on. You can sprint past 95% of the level.
Yep that's exactly what I did. I am starting to get a little tired of it though, it's my go-to level for these kind of challenges and it gets old after a while.

MrBig

Neuromancer said:
Yep that's exactly what I did. I am starting to get a little tired of it though, it's my go-to level for these kind of challenges and it gets old after a while.
I switch between New Alexandria, LNoS, and WC. They're the easiest. But don't make the mistake I did today and do LNoS whith mythic on. So many elitesfdbskbfdskfbdskjfas,.

MrBig said:
I switch between New Alexandria, LNoS, and WC. They're the easiest. But don't make the mistake I did today and do LNoS whith mythic on. So many elitesfdbskbfdskfbdskjfas,.
After playing through that part, on legendary solo, I can pretty safely say I'll never play that level again on anything higher than normal. Still I must say I admire your bravado.

MrBig

Neuromancer said:
After playing through that part, on legendary solo, I can pretty safely say I'll never play that level again on anything higher than normal. Still I must say I admire your bravado.
This was on legendary too, not heroic.
The whole level is pretty easy (saber section was a real let down in terms of difficulty) up untill the last two waves of elites at the end of the level. Plasma pistols have 2 shots each and there are 7 elites.

mittelos

Nightfall can be done really quickly too. I haven't tried it yet with these set of skulls, but I don't think it will matter. Like WC, you can run past 95% of the battles in Nightfall.

mittelos said:
Nightfall can be done really quickly too. I haven't tried it yet with these set of skulls, but I don't think it will matter. Like WC, you can run past 95% of the battles in Nightfall.
And get shot from behind and die anyway?

MrBig said:
There hasn't been a good space game in a long time. That might actually work.

Reach made me pick up Freelancer again.
So good.

Eagerly awaiting Jumpgate Evolution, but it seems like that game will never come out. :(

HOLY FUCK, the last section of the 10th mission on a Legendary solo run is fucking HARD, HARD HARD.
Maybe the only stuff I've played that is of harder difficulty is the ferris wheel section in modern warfare and that fucking terrible Gravemind level from Halo 3.
The very, very last section of level 10 made me want to throw my controller threw the tv screen. I'm sure it's proper fun on Heroic or something, but for me, it soured the whole level. It reminded me of the kind of cheap bullshit Epic was doing in parts of Gears 2, that "haha gotcha!" type stuff.
But whatever, the gamer points were well worth it.
Also, the game is graphically beautiful, beautiful lighting and textures. I'm gunna do another runthrough on a sane difficulty level and enjoy myself more.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
theignoramus said:
HOLY FUCK, the last section of the 10th mission on a Legendary solo run is fucking HARD, HARD HARD.
Maybe the only stuff I've played that is of harder difficulty is the ferris wheel section in modern warfare and that fucking terrible Gravemind level from Halo 3.
The very, very last section of level 10 made me want to throw my controller threw the tv screen. I'm sure it's proper fun on Heroic or something, but for me, it soured the whole level. It reminded me of the kind of cheap bullshit Epic was doing in parts of Gears 2, that "haha gotcha!" type stuff.
Also, the game is graphically beautiful, beautiful lighting and textures. I'm gunna do another runthrough on a sane difficulty level and enjoy myself more.
I struggled on heroic solo and I'm putting off my solo legendary run, fearing having to do this eventually =/

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
theignoramus said:
What part? I had a tad bit of trouble with the final set of elites. But I had a fuel rod gun, the Covy grenade launcher, few plasma pistols, and rockets all saved with a full DMR ^_^

Circle T

I'm giving up on Reach. I'm just not good at Halo any more, apparently, and the game is just varying levels of extreme frustration for me. It has moments of greatness, about 5% of the time. It's just too bad you have to trudge through other 95% so often. C'est la vie.

I mentioned this earlier in the thread, but in case anyone didn't catch it, I have a TON of render minutes, so just let me know if anyone needs anything rendered, since I'm obviously not going to use them.

shintoki said:
What part? I had a tad bit of trouble with the final set of elites. But I had a fuel rod gun, the Covy grenade launcher, few plasma pistols, and rockets all saved with a full DMR ^_^
the whole level was difficult as fuck, because I wasted most of my weaponry on the brutes. Taking out the final set of elites with the DMR was difficult, but I'm talking about the very last section with the cannon. It pissed me off.

Roche

Circle T said:
I mentioned this earlier in the thread, but in case anyone didn't catch it, I have a TON of render minutes, so just let me know if anyone needs anything rendered, since I'm obviously not going to use them.

Shame you're leaving Halogaf, Halo can be frustrating on a good day. Since you've offered to render I'd really appreciate it if you could render this for me, thanks a million.

theignoramus said:
I wish you luck man. 80 percent of that is pure luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom