• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember R E A C H |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.
ZayneH said:
Just got the Falcon inside of the lobby of the Snoviet (Reflection part) Building in New Alexandria. :lol

Woah, how did you manage that? Did you save the video?

xxjuicesxx said:
Also on a personal rant, let me state my current dissatisfaction with the importance of precision weapons in mp mm especially objective gametypes where people rush bomb toss nades and trade melees. Even good players like Trasher and Ram consistently were having shotguns/swords/melees/and rocks as their ToD's, while I went negative multiple games trying to give out support damage and losing to AR's while my 5 shots were so inconsistently recorded and awarded to me. I felt as if I was a dinosaur playing something I used to love that has just been destroyed by new-age punks.

Theres definetly less reward for using precision weapons, and more focus on using power weapons. Which is sad, because Reach kinda feels a little spammy to me.

Sibylus

Banned
Neuromancer said:
Whats the best way to get this, do you guys think?

2500cR
Points Pyramid

Score 25,000 points on any Campaign mission.
Pi
llar of Autumn is a points heap on Heroic and Legendary, due to the length and sheer number of enemies involved.

Neuromancer said:
Whats the best way to get this, do you guys think?

2500cR
Points Pyramid

Score 25,000 points on any Campaign mission.

New Alexandria. Just kill banshees for ten minutes, after you turn skulls on that won't make it harder to kill banshees...

Gui_PT

Botolf said:
Pi
llar of Autumn is a points heap on Heroic and Legendary, due to the length and sheer number of enemies involved.

No.

New Alexandria. Turn all skulls on, heroic. Just go around destroying banshees. You'll do that in 5 minutes tops.

Gui_PT said:
No.

New Alexandria. Turn all skulls on, heroic. Just go around destroying banshees. You'll do that in 5 minutes tops.

Pfft.

Long Night of Solace (Rally Point Alpha), Legendary, all skulls on. Took me about 2 minutes.

Trasher

TheOddOne said:
wat

I had to kill everything in sight before I could even progress.
Incorrect. The only enemies you have to kill in order to progress to the second part (where Kat is locking down the door and you have to hold the Covenant off for a bit) are the ones attacking that handful of marines that need help. Think of it this way: as soon as you get to where they give you the truck you can just ride through the level until you find that pack of marines.

Oh, and my tip for the 25,000 points: just turn a crap ton of skulls on, set the difficulty to heroic, and start Long Night of Solace at rally point alpha. Shouldn't take too long. Remember also that you don't have to complete the mission to complete the challenge. As soon as you hit 25,000 points the challenge completes.

TheOddOne

Trasher said:
Incorrect. The only enemies you have to kill in order to progress to the second part (where Kat is locking down the door and you have to hold the Covenant off for a bit) are the ones attacking that handful of marines that need help. Think of it this way: as soon as you get to where they give you the truck you can just ride through the level until you find that pack of marines.

Oh, and my tip for the 25,000 points: just turn a crap ton of skulls on, set the difficulty to heroic, and start Long Night of Solace at rally point alpha. Shouldn't take too long. Remember also that you don't have to complete the mission to complete the challenge. As soon as you hit 25,000 points the challenge completes.
Ahh. One thing though, I did not use the truck.

JMizzlin

25,000 points?

New Alexandria. Heroic. Tilt, Thunderstorm, Tough Luck, Catch.

Kill Banshees & Phantoms for 10 minutes.

Bam.

EDIT: Beaten so damn badly I'm embarrassed.

Trasher

TheOddOne said:
Ahh. One thing though, I did not use the truck.
That's why it's taking you so long then haha.

Eye Drop said:
25,000 points?

New Alexandria. Heroic. Tilt, Thunderstorm, Tough Luck, Catch.

Kill Banshees & Phantoms for 10 minutes.

Bam.
Damn. That way takes a long ass time. :lol

By doing it the way I mentioned, I had 23,000 after that first Banshee wave. It only took one or two Scarab kills to get over 25,000. I had every skull on by the way.

Just played a horrifically laggy game of Firefight.

Really hope they tone the knockback on the Concussion Rifle / Dropships and make it so it doesn't knock you out of sprint. It's irritating enough when you can dodge normally. When there's lag, it's so far removed from fun it's funny. Almost.

That's also one design change I really don't agree with: the increased power of dropships. Sure, it's 'realistic', but it's not fun at all. On some maps (e.g. Holdout) it really spoils the game.

Raide

Gui_PT said:
No.

All skulls, Legendary, took less than 5 mins. Killed about 10 or so banshees then shot down a Phantom.

Photolysis said:
That's also one design change I really don't agree with: the increased power of dropships. Sure, it's 'realistic', but it's not fun at all. On some maps (e.g. Holdout) it really spoils the game.

Wait, you go outside? Are you crazy?? :lol

Trasher said:
That's why it's taking you so long then haha.

Damn. That way takes a long ass time. :lol

By doing it the way I mentioned, I had 23,000 after that first Banshee wave. It only took one or two Scarab kills to get over 25,000. I had every skull on by the way.

I had no idea Scarabs had the ability to fly in space.

One quick game of Sniper Attack, and one very quick game of Campaign (Thanks Trasher). I have a bunch of points, nice. :D

I did the Lnos thing, and it took literally 5 minuites.

Trasher

Ajemsuhgao said:
I had no idea Scarabs had the ability to fly in space.
Ya dude. That's what happens when Thunderstorm is on. It upgrades the Seraphs to Scarabs.

I MEANT SERAPHS DAMMIT

*awaits the photoshop of a Scarab flying in space*

bobs99 ... said:
One quick game of Sniper Attack, and one very quick game of Campaign (Thanks Trasher). I have a bunch of points, nice. :D

I did the Lnos thing, and it took literally 5 minuites.
*high five*

Raide

Botolf said:
Especially so if they latched on to ships, boring deep wounds into the hulls.

Stealth Scarabs tea-bagging the Pillar of Autumn.

They seriously need to add them to Forge. :lol Player Scarabs I mean.

feel

I think I just saw a voice ban get delivered. :lol Some kid with a squeaky voice was singing in a BTB pregame lobby, and as I scrolled to his gt, his voice was suddenly silenced and the muted icon appeared.

MrBig

Trasher said:
Ya dude. That's what happens when Thunderstorm is on. It upgrades the Seraphs to Scarabs.

I MEANT SERAPHS DAMMIT

*awaits the photoshop of a Scarab flying in space*
spacescarab.jpg

Letters said:
I think I just saw a voice ban get delivered. :lol Some kid with a squeaky voice was singing in a BTB pregame lobby, and as I scrolled to his gt, his voice was suddenly silenced and the muted icon appeared.
Amazing :lol

TheOddOne

Letters said:
I played with a kid yesterday that kept singing Cee Lo Green - FUCK YOU.

Also, in other news: I never knew that 343 hired Kevin Franklin as Lead Multiplayer Designer (he was lead designer on SOCOM: Confrontation & SOCOM: Fireteam Bravo 3).

MrBig

TheOddOne said:
Also, in other news: I never knew that 343 hired Kevin Franklin as Lead Multiplayer Designer (he was lead designer on SOCOM: Confrontation & SOCOM: Fireteam Bravo 3).
Are those games good?

My god. Just had the worst experience on Hemorrhage in which all the map's problems seemed to accentuate themselves. Played a game of Invasion Slayer.

Because snipers control the map, everyone immediately goes for the sniper. This time, however, my team had two betrayals because one dude wanted the sniper that bad. Our game starts off immediately with my team going -2. Ugh.

The joys of random matchmaking. Just had a game of Team Objective where 5 players quit.

If you're going to vote for 3 Plots on Cliffhanger, at least stick around to finish the game assholes.

Gui_PT

That challenge bar is going up quite nicely. Still assuming because it's a weekend, but still, it's nice to see it go up like this.

Striker

Dax01 said:
My god. Just had the worst experience on Hemorrhage in which all the map's problems seemed to accentuate themselves. Played a game of Invasion Slayer.

Because snipers control the map, everyone immediately goes for the sniper. This time, however, my team had two betrayals because one dude wanted the sniper that bad. Our game starts off immediately with my team going -2. Ugh.
Ya, idiots on a team obviously makes the map itself suck. No one kills another on any other map - just that flat canvas of a map.

xxjuicesxx said:
can see why its a low populated list. I mean there is some really really bad game types in there. Team Headhunter is absolute trash. At one point trasher blew up in front of me as I spawned I AR'd the guy in front of me who just killed him and I was able to pick up Trashers skull and his...? I'm sorry but that's sortof messed up. I know Team Headhunter was designed as an afterthought from Headhunter FFA but you should have made each teams skulls different. Objective doesn't really have any good staples either, the usual CTF go-to game isn't really there or weighted enough.

1 Flag on Cage with drop shields is still the best (by best I mean hilariously awful) gametype I've played in Reach.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Devolution said:
1 Flag on Cage with drop shields is still the best (by best I mean hilariously awful) gametype I've played in Reach.

Elite Slayer Multi-Team on Asylum would kick that game's ass (for being horrible).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom