• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember R E A C H |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.
enzo_gt said:
I struggled on heroic solo and I'm putting off my solo legendary run, fearing having to do this eventually =/
Legendary will make you cry.:lol
I dont mind playing the Halo games on the hardest difficulty because (for the most part) the AI is great enough to make things seem reasonably fair. Most of the sections I got stuck on involved me skipping right by a weapon that was absolutely vital to getting past a certain point.
One thing I DONT like though, is the fucking INCREDIBLE accuracy of the AI at times. Some of the shots they hit you with strain credibility. It's not Modern Warfare levels of lunacy (shooting with dead accuracy from the hip from 50 meters out), but it can get obnoxious on occassion. For example, the AI has an impeccable tracking shot when firing explosive rounds.

chapel

Banned
So when customs died down a bit, we went into btb, all but one game, thats like 6+ games in a row we were split up. No reason to be, we didn't have more than 8, at one point we had 7 and got split 3 and 4, then 4 and 2 when we had six, and just this last game 6 and 1, me being on the other team...I quit before the game started. Why is it splitting us?

I try and move to fun stuff with groups of friends to defer my frustration with other parts of the game, and it keeps pissing me off. Reach isn't fun anymore except for a few things like Ghostbusters and some customs.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Letters said:
Hit it earlier today, myself.

WPJJU.gif

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
chapel said:
So when customs died down a bit, we went into btb, all but one game, thats like 6+ games in a row we were split up. No reason to be, we didn't have more than 8, at one point we had 7 and got split 3 and 4, then 4 and 2 when we had six, and just this last game 6 and 1, me being on the other team...I quit before the game started. Why is it splitting us?

I try and move to fun stuff with groups of friends to defer my frustration with other parts of the game, and it keeps pissing me off. Reach isn't fun anymore except for a few things like Ghostbusters and some customs.
Probably because it's filled with weird party sizes and it's impossible not to split one of them up. It did that in Halo 3.

theignoramus said:
the whole level was difficult as fuck, because I wasted most of my weaponry on the brutes. Taking out the final set of elites with the DMR was difficult, but I'm talking about the very last section with the cannon. It pissed me off.

To be fair, they're supposed to be like that- one of the Elites in that final group is in charge of all Ground operations on Reach, meaning he is to other Elites, canon-wise, what Spartans are to humans.

it's also implied in the commentary that this is the same Elite that killed Kat.

(Unfortunately, it's hard to convey that in the game, so SHIELDS OUT THE ASS)

Thagomizer said:
To be fair, they're supposed to be like that- one of the Elites in that final group is in charge of all Ground operations on Reach, meaning he is to other Elites, canon-wise, what Spartans are to humans.

it's also implied in the commentary that this is the same Elite that killed Kat.

(Unfortunately, it's hard to convey that in the game, so SHIELDS OUT THE ASS)
Yes, the shields on those fuckers were nuts. In fact the elites are kind of insane through the whole game.
But again, that wasnt the part that pissed me off, it was the part with the mega-cannon where you had to take out the Covenant ships. I assume it was fun on heroic or a lower difficulty. On Legendary, it was rage inducing.

SWAT makes neuroscience not exactly a "challenge".

Love to see some of those randoms in Multi-Team getting that achievement with their advanced AR prowess.

pakkit

Banned
I'll gladly take a free render, Circle!

It's just some sniping on Asylum. Nothing great, but it was just intense running into the whole team two times over. Asylum is probably my favorite of the Forge World maps. It's well balanced and pretty hectic, and now that the sniper roof has been stripped, action is more all around.

Circle T

jizzlobber said:
I have one, probably nothing AMAZING but it's a pretty cool beatdown on someone trying to get up the spire, happened to be the last kill of the game too.

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=7663979&player=swinging udders

thanks!
pakkit said:
I'll gladly take a free render, Circle!

It's just some sniping on Asylum. Nothing great, but it was just intense running into the whole team two times over. Asylum is probably my favorite of the Forge World maps. It's well balanced and pretty hectic, and now that the sniper roof has been stripped, action is more all around.
Done and Done

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Since you seem to be handing out renders...

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=6047214&player=Zerokku

Its not a particularly impressive game, but I saved it because its a rumble pit game where I won, and my brother was in second to last place.

The thing is, my brother is an absolute huge halo fan, while I only picked up Reach to play with him. Hell reach is pretty much the first FPS I've even touched on a console since Halo 2. So winning against him by such a large margin was just :D

Don't need to do it, but if you did I'd be quite grateful.

Edit: Its a full game and you seem to be doing small clips. I take it its probably too much so dont worry about it.

Circle T

Zerokku said:
Since you seem to be handing out renders...

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=6047214&player=Zerokku

Its not a particularly impressive game, but I saved it because its a rumble pit game where I won, and my brother was in second to last place.

The thing is, my brother is an absolute huge halo fan, while I only picked up Reach to play with him. Hell reach is pretty much the first FPS I've even touched on a console since Halo 2. So winning against him by such a large margin was just :D

Don't need to do it, but if you did I'd be quite grateful.

Edit: Its a full game and you seem to be doing small clips. I take it its probably too much so dont worry about it.
Currently cooking. I only did it in SD, since it's a full 12min game. {*Edit* done}

I have almost 200 minutes left still, so keep 'em coming if people want some done. :D

zumphry

Banned
Darkflight said:
Good customs/matchmaking tonight guys when we weren't split up.

"I humped her body does that mean she's gonna be pissed off at me?"
"Nah, not really."
"Yeah."

I yoink you, you yoink me.

chapel said:

That Big Team split nonsense is so stupid. I have fun in GAF customs though, and have liked the GAF-user created maps more than matchmaking maps thus far.

If I were you I'd just take a couple days off from the game. I did. I was much less frustrated when I came back and quite refreshed.

ZayneH said:
"I humped her body does that mean she's gonna be pissed off at me?"
"Nah, not really."
"Yeah."

I yoink you, you yoink me.

=P I only get mad when it's someone I don't know. I give back with interest though. I mean my teabag sent killed that guy remember.

Darkflight said:
Good customs/matchmaking tonight guys when we weren't split up.
Yup, good games after hours crew.

Circle T said:
Currently cooking. I only did it in SD, since it's a full 12min game. {*Edit* done}

I have almost 200 minutes left still, so keep 'em coming if people want some done. :D
Here is a skullamanjaro I got playing with Aggrotek the other day, a minute into the match. Nothing amazing, but it was funny when it happened.
http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=7680179&player=CBBQ

GhaleonEB

So, I tried a solo game of Firefight Classic on Corvette, Heroic today, to see what the normal Firefight mode was like. And it's very good. But some of the problems from ODST carried over.

In particular, the cleanup utility still doesn't properly distinguish between stuff you want to hoard and stuff that you've never touched. The ordnance drops are scattered all over the map, so my approach was to run and snag one and stow it in the ammo room, and after every Wave, if I didn't use it, I'd go juggle it once or twice so the game knew that was a weapon I was using. And sometimes they'd stick around, and sometimes they wouldn't. Which meant that when I ran back to grab the rockets and laser when the Hunters showed up, both weapons had disappeared, even though I'd picked them up a few moments before. Which cost me two lives. :\

Other than that, and the very oddly placed Wraith on the map, it was a pretty good progression and mix of enemies. I'd almost forgotten what a really nasty boss wave was like due to Score Attack: two drop ships full of Brute Chieftains had me running like mad for several minutes.

I want to get the Firefight score Achievements playing Firefight Classic, not cheesing it with some easy/weird game type. If anyone wants to do an epic Heroic or Legendary run for the 200k and 1m point Achievements, let me know; I got the 50k solo tonight and could probably swing the 200k solo tomorrow, but I'll need a partner or two for 1m.

zumphry

Banned
Devolution said:
=P I only get mad when it's someone I don't know. I give back with interest though. I mean my teabag sent killed that guy remember.
:lol

"Don't melee me."

GhaleonEB said:
I want to get the Firefight score Achievements playing Firefight Classic, not cheesing it with some easy/weird game type. If anyone wants to do an epic Heroic or Legendary run for the 200k and 1m point Achievements, let me know; I got the 50k solo tonight and could probably swing the 200k solo tomorrow, but I'll need a partner or two for 1m.

I already got them (cheesed them :/), but I'd love to play some Firefight Classic and help out.

NameGenerated said:
http://www.bungie.net/stats/reach/gamestats.aspx?gameid=262660918&player=Name%20Generated

Please kill me.

Why would you do this? I don't understand. They came in as a party of 5 and whoever got split up just did that? How the hell is that fun at all. I need explanations, people!

Also probably had the worst Team Slayer session I've ever experienced. Me sucking + many sucky teammates + quitters = I want to end it all.

Helpin' the greater number win by sabotaging the other team?

NameGenerated said:
But why would you agree to do that?

There has been a long held ideal in online gaming (for assholes/griefers/cheaters) that winning/boosting or helping others to win/boost is more important than having fun and winning as a consequence of playing well.

Don't get me wrong, I don't fully understand it myself cause I think it's stupid as hell and unfair to the players (like yourself) who get caught up in their shenanigans but it's not surprising.

R_GILL

I'm tanking for Kabanov!
NameGenerated said:
http://www.bungie.net/stats/reach/gamestats.aspx?gameid=262660918&player=Name%20Generated

Please kill me.

Why would you do this? I don't understand. They came in as a party of 5 and whoever got split up just did that? How the hell is that fun at all. I need explanations, people!

Also probably had the worst Team Slayer session I've ever experienced. Me sucking + many sucky teammates + quitters = I want to end it all.

Happened to me in Halo 3 all the time, I never really understood it. I would rather destroy my friends than help them win by sabotaging a match. That said beating them even with their "cheating" is pretty sweet and the trash talk afterward even sweeter.

R_GILL said:
Happened to me in Halo 3 all the time, I never really understood it. I would rather destroy my friends than help them win by sabotaging a match. That said beating them even with their "cheating" is pretty sweet and the trash talk afterward even sweeter.

I once got into a H3 team slayer game that consisted of 2 actual tags, and 5 guests. For whatever reason they didn't have an eighth, and I literally got stuck on the team that were the punching bags. I honestly tried for the first 5 minutes but since my team was either idling or getting me killed, I just left instead. People who pull that kind of shit are the worst. If players are going to boost, they should at least do it with a full party so there aren't any innocent bystanders.

Trasher

So someone needs to make a clip from customs when I was carrying the flag and it switched colors after the host changed. :lol

I played too many games so I can't bring it up in the theater otherwise I would do it myself. :( I'll render it if someone clips it.

Ughh my eyes are burning, must have just played Team Objective for like 25 games. I think we went 23/24. I can see why its a low populated list. I mean there is some really really bad game types in there. Team Headhunter is absolute trash. At one point trasher blew up in front of me as I spawned I AR'd the guy in front of me who just killed him and I was able to pick up Trashers skull and his...? I'm sorry but that's sortof messed up. I know Team Headhunter was designed as an afterthought from Headhunter FFA but you should have made each teams skulls different. Objective doesn't really have any good staples either, the usual CTF go-to game isn't really there or weighted enough.

Typically a lot of the flag settings were wrong for example on 1-flag Asylum the respawns were like 3 seconds making a flag cap near impossible. Hell most of our flag games ended as a win within a couple minutes, one game lasting 1:07. On those short matches you really need to look at the game and ask yourself if maybe touch return is necessary

A lot of work has to be done on that playlist.

Also on a personal rant, let me state my current dissatisfaction with the importance of precision weapons in mp mm especially objective gametypes where people rush bomb toss nades and trade melees. Even good players like Trasher and Ram consistently were having shotguns/swords/melees/and rocks as their ToD's, while I went negative multiple games trying to give out support damage and losing to AR's while my 5 shots were so inconsistently recorded and awarded to me. I felt as if I was a dinosaur playing something I used to love that has just been destroyed by new-age punks.

Trasher

Ha, we actually did win exactly 23 out of 24. Also, Juices, I agree with a lot of that. I wish Bungie would let us tweak their Objective playlist. We know what works and what doesn't. =/

A 2 flag CTF game should not be over in a minute and seven seconds...

Edit: Challenges -

1500cR
Gunslinger

Kill 150 enemies in multiplayer Matchmaking.

700cR
Covenant-cide

Kill 75 enemies in Firefight Matchmaking.

2500cR
Points Pyramid

Score 25,000 points on any Campaign mission.

1400cR
Scoped

Kill 100 enemies in Firefight Matchmaking with precision weapons.

Heh, just discovered that the sword is a one hit kill on Hunters in Sniper Fight. Good for the bonus round... if you can hit them in the back without being splattered :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom