• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember R E A C H |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dani said:
Elite Slayer Multi-Team on Asylum would kick that game's ass (for being horrible).

Elite Slayer on small maps is pretty much PLASMA NADES E'RYWHERE. Multi-team SWAT is pretty stupid too from what I recall.

Because snipers control the map, everyone immediately goes for the sniper. This time, however, my team had two betrayals because one dude wanted the sniper that bad. Our game starts off immediately with my team going -2. Ugh.

Whenever I take snipes on Hemorrhage with randoms I either get flat out betrayed or griefed. By griefed I mean the team member will push me around and or crouch/uncrouch in my scope hoping I'll betray him (so he can boot me).

MrBig

Lunchbox said:
one is broken

the others a psp game....so no. not a good sign
In that case I'd rather have shishka

e: half the people on my friends list are now Lt. Colonel, and most are grade 3.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Trasher said:
Oh, and my tip for the 25,000 points: just turn a crap ton of skulls on, set the difficulty to heroic, and start Long Night of Solace at rally point alpha. Shouldn't take too long. Remember also that you don't have to complete the mission to complete the challenge. As soon as you hit 25,000 points the challenge completes.

Thanks. Took me around 4 minutes. :)

Ramirez

Blueblur1 said:
Wow, Lars's map is terrible.

Yup, way too many power weapons and cramped bases. Atom sucks too, just slightly less than some of the official maps. Forge will never produce any great maps, if my experience with 3's is anything to go by. I mean we did get Sanctum and Ber Ber Creek, but even those weren't as great as they could have been due to the limitations of the system...

MrBig

Str0ngStyle said:
Looking to get a customs group going in about 10-15 minutes. SHoot me an invite if interested

GT: Str0ngStyle
I'll play, I don't know where my mic went though so i don't know if I'll be able to talk

How does this damn Leaderboard work? I'm in overview a few weeks ago I was in like 14th place now I'm first on the list, even though there is plenty of people with higher scores in both categories...

I'd like to see what I need to do but it doesn't seem to make any sense...

Whats the point of this thing if it doesn't even work?

Most of my firefight scores aren't there it just shows a --- when I know I've played them?

Raide

Ramirez said:
Yup, way too many power weapons and cramped bases. Atom sucks too, just slightly less than some of the official maps. Forge will never produce any great maps, if my experience with 3's is anything to go by. I mean we did get Sanctum and Ber Ber Creek, but even those weren't as great as they could have been due to the limitations of the system...

Forge will produce good maps in time. Yeah, it does suck being so restricted to the amount and type of parts you can use but the good Forgers will always make use of what Bungie gave them.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Ramirez said:

Actually, with some tweaking and polish Ghals map is an amazing Big Team Battle candidate.

GhaleonEB

I took the 25,000 daily Challenge as an excuse to give ONI Sword Base a run through again, which is quickly emerging as one of my favorite missions. Great mix of close quarters, ranged and vehicular combat, climaxing in a wonderfully bananas indoors shootout. I'll be playing this mission a lot, I think.

I was doing the mission without using vehicles, for the heck of it, right until I'd done the turret station and then the comm array. On the way back there was a Revenant dropped off, just before the pile of vehicles defending the base entrance. I was planning on using rockets there, but I couldn't resist snagging the Revenant and plowing ahead with it. I hadn't tried before, but it was nice to be able to take the vehicle up over the concrete barriers inside the courtyard, and use it on the next several encounters (thinking back on the barrier that kept the Scorpion out of the final area in ODST). The Revenant-Hunter shootout was particularly explosive. :D

Felt good to be rewarded so for snagging the Revenant, being able to rampage with it for a long while. Managed to take out a Ghost and Revenant with a single shot, knock off the Two Corpses achievement, the daily Challenge (Heroic + Thunderstorm, Catch, Cloud & Tough Luck = 59,000 points) and got 4,285 cR for it to boot. Fun level.
LAUGHTREY said:
Actually, with some tweaking and polish Ghals map is an amazing Big Team Battle candidate.
If you've got specific suggestions, let me know. I've got a few areas I'm going to try and touch up this afternoon, but I'd love to have input from another set of eyes.

Right now I'm working on ways to provide some cover/line of sight breaks for flag carriers down below the base, while still making it hospitable to vehicles. It's too wide open an area right now. I've got around $150 in budget to mess with, give or take.

Though, I'm thinking the Sniper Rifle might get swapped with the Focus Rifle, which is a $60 hit.

MrBig

LAUGHTREY said:
Halo needs Payload.
You know it may actually be able to be done to a limited degree with three sets of ctf in invasion.
I'll try to take a stab at something next weekend. I cant think straight right now. Bitches be crazy.

Raide

MrBig said:
You know it may actually be able to be done to a limited degree with three sets of ctf in invasion.
I'll try to take a stab at something next weekend. I cant think straight right now. Bitches be crazy.

Maybe just a Juggernaut Assault mode. Having a player as the Payload. :lol

MrBig

Raide said:
Maybe just a Juggernaut Assault mode. Having a player as the Payload. :lol
e: it can work, but it's not going to be the same.
If I do this its going to need a lot of testing. would anyone be interested in playing this often if I went through with it? I really want to.

It pains me to say this but I feel like Reach's multiplayer is devolving. It feels like it's turning into Halo 3 again based on the way people are playing it. Except for the fact that it has Armor Lock which everyone is using and is ridiculously overpowered. Seriously...Invulerability, EMP Blast that stops or destroys vehicles and takes shields down, your shields can recharge while armor locked, oh AND...If you get stuck and then armor lock, it doesn't effect you. Which means, Elite Slayer? Armor Lock all over the place.

I have been a huge proponent of Reach's multiplayer since the beta. I've been in love with it. But the way things are going I can't see it being my game that I play forever and keep coming back to as I once thought it would be. I mean sure, I'll always come back and play it in spurts here and there...But not constantly like I thought.

ToyMachine228 said:
It pains me to say this but I feel like Reach's multiplayer is devolving. It feels like it's turning into Halo 3 again based on the way people are playing it. Except for the fact that it has Armor Lock which everyone is using and is ridiculously overpowered. Seriously...Invulerability, EMP Blast that stops or destroys vehicles and takes shields down, your shields can recharge while armor locked, oh AND...If you get stuck and then armor lock, it doesn't effect you. Which means, Elite Slayer? Armor Lock all over the place.

I have been a huge proponent of Reach's multiplayer since the beta. I've been in love with it. But the way things are going I can't see it being my game that I play forever and keep coming back to as I once thought it would be. I mean sure, I'll always come back and play it in spurts here and there...But not constantly like I thought.

I pretty much have the same sentiments, except I'll be Forging and Playing Customs a ton. Customs are way better than Matchmaking.

Willeth

If you're fighting someone with Armor Lock and their shields recharge while they're in it, then you weren't firing on them enough. Armor Lock on its own isn't enough time for shields to come back up - there has to be some time before they lock for them to start regenerating, and your shields recharge at exactly the same rate. Worst-case scenario, you end up fighting a new fight with you both at full shields, and if you lose in that scenario it's not Armor Lock's fault.

MrBig said:

Oh man, I would love a Payload gametype. Make a Badwater map clone too >_>

Red

Willeth said:
If you're fighting someone with Armor Lock and their shields recharge while they're in it, then you weren't firing on them enough. Armor Lock on its own isn't enough time for shields to come back up - there has to be some time before they lock for them to start regenerating, and your shields recharge at exactly the same rate. Worst-case scenario, you end up fighting a new fight with you both at full shields, and if you lose in that scenario it's not Armor Lock's fault.
Couple weeks ago I heard shields don't recharge in armor lock if a player continues to take damage. Shoot at someone in AL and you may not harm them directly, but you prevent them from regenerating shields and health.

Crunched said:
Couple weeks ago I heard shields don't recharge in armor lock if a player continues to take damage. Shoot at someone in AL and you may not harm them directly, but you prevent them from regenerating shields and health.

Mostly I don't like AL in Slayers, it's just ridiculous. They should keep it in big teams, especially games with vehicles. Otherwise it mucks up the pace of a Slayer and is used too much as a way to cover up mistakes that should honestly render someone dead.

MrBig

Crunched said:
Nope. They still recharge.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Yea if I have armor lock I try to throw it down right before my shields begin to come up so that when the armor lock runs out, I've got a lot of shield if not full.

Aggrotek

Tashi0106 said:
Yea if I have armor lock I try to throw it down right before my shields begin to come up so that when the armor lock runs out, I've got a lot of shield if not full.
I do this too. It really irritates some people. It's quite handy though.

rar

what i dont understand is how anyone thought armor lock would be fun. lets all punch the ground and become invincible instead of actually fighting and strafing or trying to run away

Raide

rar said:
what i dont understand is how the person who thought of armor lock thought it would be fun. lets all punch the ground and become invincible instead of fighting

Makes you feel like an Invincible Badass for a few seconds. :lol You deflect rockets, negate being Stuck, EMP people and rocking Ghosts when they try to roadkill you. Sounds like fun to me.

rar

Raide said:
Makes you feel like an Invincible Badass for a few seconds. :lol You deflect rockets, negate being Stuck, EMP people and rocking Ghosts when they try to roadkill you. Sounds like fun to me.

sorry, pressing a button doesnt make me feel like a badass. it makes me feel like i pressed a button. to feel like a badass i would actually have to do something that actually required some effort on my part

Devolution said:
Mostly I don't like AL in Slayers, it's just ridiculous. They should keep it in big teams, especially games with vehicles. Otherwise it mucks up the pace of a Slayer and is used too much as a way to cover up mistakes that should honestly render someone dead.
Agreed. I used to love AL but it just pisses me off so much now. Few days ago I was playing a game of Elite Slayer and I stuck someone, he uses AL and brushes it off, so I stick him again to which he AL again. Then I get stuck. I stuck him twice and I get stuck instead. I dunno, I just end up feeling cheated.

Barrow Roll said:
Agreed. I used to love AL but it just pisses me off so much now. Few days ago I was playing a game of Elite Slayer and I stuck someone, he uses AL and brushes it off, so I stick him again to which he AL again. Then I get stuck. I stuck him twice and I get stuck instead. I dunno, I just end up feeling cheated.

It's especially maddening when the stick was actually hard to pull off, you manage to do it and it's just shrugged off. Another issue I have is you play well but someone uses AL and you have to up your game even further. Not to mention I've had to run away from situations I had in the bag because I knew a team mate of his was around the corner. In a game where offensive push is key, it's just an absolute annoyance.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
rar said:
what i dont understand is how anyone thought armor lock would be fun. lets all punch the ground and become invincible instead of actually fighting and strafing or trying to run away

2vv4a6w.jpg

ToyMachine228 said:

@the bold: ...if you're silly enough to get close to them. Why would you go up and melee a dude in AL?

As to the rest of your post, I have to disagree. It may be because I play Invasion a lot, but I see it in other gametypes too: a lot more variety. People are utilizing more of the sandbox than in Halo 2 or 3.

Aggrotek

I use it more offensively than I do defensively. I don't use it defensively unless I have at least one teammate backing me up. It's almost useless in a one on one fight. I either use it as a diversionary tactic or to get the EMP melee for the most part.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
rar said:
sorry, pressing a button doesnt make me feel like a badass. it makes me feel like i pressed a button. to feel like a badass i would actually have to do something that actually required some effort on my part

No video-game will make you feel like a badass then as every single one of them require you to push a button.

:lol

KevinRo

Dax01 said:
@the bold: ...if you're silly enough to get close to them. Why would you go up and melee a dude in AL?

As to the rest of your post, I have to disagree. It may be because I play Invasion a lot, but I see it in other gametypes too: a lot more variety. People are utilizing more of the sandbox than in Halo 2 or 3.

Ah, HaloGAF.

Dax, they RUN AT YOU to bait you and get you to try and melee them. Obviously, because there is NO FREAKING BLEED THROUGH DAMAGE IN HALO you're forced to melee them before they melee you, so right when you go to melee them they Armor Lock and dong on you. Really cheap tactic.

zumphry

Banned
bobs99 ... said:
Woah, how did you manage that? Did you save the video?

I didn't get it into the reflection part, just the lobby of that building. You just really push the Falcon into the middle of the "doorway" and you can easily kill everything inside.

I'd love to be able to glitch the elevator to have the falcon inside of it, but I doubt that's possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom