• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember R E A C H |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kapura

Banned
urk said:
Whatever the outcome, at least WindwardTrash is a pretty sweet gamertag.
1264525672-american_beauty_bag.jpg

And this bag was, like, dancing with me. Like a little kid begging me to play with it.

voltron

VsRobot said:
I got my 30 kills in a game of Crazy King in Rumble Pit. Wasn't even looking to get the Challenge, just happened. I missed out on winning by 4 measly points. >:|

Ahh good point. Forgot about Crazy King. Too bad its SUPER rare :(

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
TacticalFox88 said:
Had my first perfect game. Nothing special, but damn did it feel good. :D
Congrats. Only one I ever pulled was on the wing in a Banshee. Still felt good.

Halo, I see it everywhere.

Mutual Friends
117 friends in common See All

I have been catching up with the thread and I think people are taking the "1 button" thing too literally. I think what people are trying to say is that armor lock kills don't feel satisfying. When I 5 shot a guy/girl, it feels good. It goes back to the now-cliche "30 seconds of fun". I don't think you can fill those 30 seconds up with AL.

GDJustin said:
AL just needs to work like Evade. You press the button to AL for a set amount of time, and then have to wait for it to recharge & regain the ability to use it.

The problem is that as a "press and hold" ability it can be pulsed and abused.

Problem solved.

And then you have the problem of a completely gimped AA. Everyone would be able to get the timer down and just kill the guy with a nade when its over and people would just not use it. - I don't like how people use AL but this isn't a solution.

MIMIC

Banned
This is like the 3rd time this has happened to me while playing the campaign: I save the game and when I come back to it, I'm reverted to some point earlier than when I finished. What is going on????? I'm in the 8th mission and they put me back on the 6th -_-

MIMIC said:
This is like the 3rd time this has happened to me while playing the campaign: I save the game and when I come back to it, I'm reverted to some point earlier than when I finished. What is going on????? I'm in the 8th mission and they put me back on the 6th -_-

I had this happen to me in mass effect 2 when my roommate accidentally unplugged my xbox while I was playing, any power outages while playing?

MIMIC

Banned
cuevas said:
I had this happen to me in mass effect 2 when my roommate accidentally unplugged my xbox while I was playing, any power outages while playing?

None. And as far as saving goes, I wait until the "do not remove storage whatever blah blah" screen is done and make sure I'm at the main menu before turning the 360 off.

EDIT: N/M. It saved. I was confused because whenever I went to "resume mission" or whatever, it sent me somewhere earlier in the game.

Also, just noticing that if I save right NOW, I'm sent to that "credits" screen after the progress is saved. That....didn't happen when I saved a few days ago.

Aggrotek

Oh man. Fun was had tonight. Me and SolidEyeSystem found some strange glitches with different armor abilities in forge, then we decided to grief in Doubles Arena. People hate it when you armor lock their rockets and teabag them for killing themselves. :lol

Aggrotek said:
Oh man. Fun was had tonight. Me and SolidEyeSystem found some strange glitches with different armor abilities in forge, then we decided to grief in Doubles Arena. People hate it when you armor lock their rockets and teabag them for killing themselves. :lol

/golf clap

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Gaga has some good songs but I just can't stand het whole act though. I'm definitely not one of her little monsters lol

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Tashi0106 said:
Gaga has some good songs but I just can't stand het whole act though. I'm definitely not one of her little monsters lol
I'm a fan of her music, not necessarily her act, to say the least I'm glad Fame Monster is coming to an end and she's moving to her next album soon enough. So yeah, not a monster either. But a fan? Sure.

edit: Welcome Botolf.

Aggrotek said:
HAHAHA THATS HILARIOUS, YOU REALLY TEABAGGED THEM? OH, LOL!

all the quitting and terrible playlist matchups is ruining reach for me.

really, the quitter ban length needs to be extended and credits need to be deducted for every quit.

this wouldn't be such a major issue if bungie had just implemented join in progress for playlists outside of arena.

Sordid

I bumbled my way to my second Reach perfection last night in big team, pretty happy because I'm not exactly good at this game! I somehow survived a Warthog duel and being stuck in their base with a Wraith outside
and I also survived hiding for the last 3 minutes like a big jessie :lol

Gui_PT

Fire When Ready - 500cR

Kill 50 enemies in multiplayer Matchmaking

One Spartan Army - 2000cR

Kill 400 enemies in Firefight Matchmaking

Short, Controlled Bursts - 500cR

Kill 50 enemies with automatic weapons in the Campaign today

Aggressive Negotiations - 1200cR

Earn at least 17 kills in a multiplayer Matchmaking game

Oh and the Weekly:

All in a Week's Work - 4000cR

Kill 1000 enemies in multiplayer Matchmaking this week.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
Time to brush my teeth , have my last shower, close my curtains, make a kickass cd for my xbox, and close my self in my bedroom for a week :D

that weekly challange is MINE!!!!

TheOddOne

Gui_PT said:
Oh and the Weekly:

All in a Week's Work - 4000cR

Kill 1000 enemies in multiplayer Matchmaking this week.
BAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA

yeh i'm not going for that one, that's targeted at those who have the time to play shitloads of games... I don't have the time.

and for 4000cr?
for a week?
it's not worth the grief my missus would give me for playing too much halo instead of bending her over :lol

jizzlobber said:
yeh i'm not going for that one, that's targeted at those who have the time to play shitloads of games... I don't have the time.

and for 4000cr?
for a week?
it's not worth the grief my missus would give me for playing too much halo instead of bending her over :lol

jizzlobber

(Today, 04:00 AM)
Reply | Quote

Too obvious?

chapel

Banned
So I am not sure if anyone is interested, but I created a simple script that checks Bungie.net for an image change on the challenge thermometer image. When it changes it posts a tweet to my twitter profile with a link to the new image. I really don't care about follows or any thing like that, it was just easiest to send it to twitter and have it be accessible by anyone at any time.

You can find it @jacobchapel Also it will have a #hashtag of #closer2commander whenever it updates next.

Would people be interested in it making an animated gif swapping between the old and new images for comparison? I don't feel like doing it right now, but I may do that later today or something when I get the time.

Edit: Another thing, if you want to be sent an email, an easy way to do that is with googles alerts: http://www.google.com/alerts?t=20&q=#closer2commander&hl=en

user_nat said:
15rcnq0.png

I don't think I understand how these leaderboards work.
This is just a guess, but the leaderboard ranked him like he would play the mission on legendary(the guy who played on heroic). So He got the legendary bonus on his points, so he has a imaginary higher score than you.

feel

94MoF.gif

Now that's a good Weekly. Even if I fall very short, it'll be something I'll be working towards the entire week, by just playing normally. I don't think I even have 1000 kills in last 4 weeks combined though. :O edit- eh, I do, about 4k, this may be doable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom