• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember R E A C H |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.
question for you guys: what do think would be the best option for curtailing quitters?

the system as it is now simply does not discourage quitters at all. IMO bungie should subtract a fixed amount of cR that goes gradually with each subsequent quit with the final culmination resulting in a 30min ban and lots of credits lost.

you're gonna have to show the habitual quitters some tough love bungie!

Gui_PT

WickedLaharl said:
question for you guys: what do think would be the best option for curtailing quitters?

the system as it is now simply does not discourage quitters at all. IMO bungie should subtract a fixed amount of cR that goes gradually with each subsequent quit with the final culmination resulting in a 30min ban and lots of credits lost.

you're gonna have to show the habitual quitters some tough love bungie!

I say if you quit too much, you should be banned from using Armor Lock. Cuz it's so cool and they'd be sad they couldn't use it.

Yea I asked earlier about the leaderboards earlier. I'm in 1st now on my list. Am I high/above you on yours? (anyone whos on my list.)

It seems as though a couple people have higher scores in both Firefight and Campaign sections. Pretty much everyone has Legendary beat, some onyx's are below me so it doesn't look like Arena Score matters, I've never even been placed...some of my games don't show up either.

It just doesn't make any logical sense...I'm definitely not ahead in credits either...people hit Lt Colonel Grade 3 way before me they must be on Commander or whatevers after that by now.

Is it a average of a bunch of gametypes? I play a lot of each thing besides BKvasion.

Lunchbox

Banned
if you quit you get sent into the quitters playlist where you have to complete a match to comeback to the regular playlists

that playlist is Armorlock and AR starts on Zealot

chapel

Banned
chapel said:
So I am not sure if anyone is interested, but I created a simple script that checks Bungie.net for an image change on the challenge thermometer image. When it changes it posts a tweet to my twitter profile with a link to the new image. I really don't care about follows or any thing like that, it was just easiest to send it to twitter and have it be accessible by anyone at any time.

You can find it @jacobchapel Also it will have a #hashtag of #closer2commander whenever it updates next.

Would people be interested in it making an animated gif swapping between the old and new images for comparison? I don't feel like doing it right now, but I may do that later today or something when I get the time.

Edit: Another thing, if you want to be sent an email, an easy way to do that is with googles alerts: http://www.google.com/alerts?t=20&q=#closer2commander&hl=en
For the new page.

And juices, when you sort by rank, and have the same rank, you are put on top. See mine:
kHZ3N.png

chapel

Banned
To those that care, my script checks every minute (might be overkill) so whenever the image changes, it should be pretty fast at posting. We will see. In my local testing replicating the bungie.net homepage it worked flawlessly.

aesop

Just watched.

Are those Forge pieces in Tempest the same as the ones in FW? If so, I am disappoint… so hard.

Edit: Watched it again. The walkway piece looked extremely similar but the man cannons looked different, so we probably have new goodies to work with. Also, lol at the closing shot being armor lock.

LosDaddie

Banned
LosDaddie said:
ZeroCoin said:
Actually you don't need to worry about quitting after each death. Just keep playing and racking deaths up until just before the mission is over, then do a save and quit, and resume it. Yes, you will unlock the avatar helmet using this method too.

Come on....that really works?

Since I don't post on GAF during the weekends, I can confirm this method works for the "Complete a Campaign Mission on Legendary without Dying" challenges. Worked like a charm for me on Friday. I just played ONI like normal (dying & all), then just before the mission was over, I "Saved and Quit" and immediately clicked "Resume Solo Campaign" and the 4k Cr challege (and avatar helmet) were mine. :D

Anyway, not even trying to do it, but I finally got the "Like Mike" challenge done yesterday! I was playing Multi-Team mainly just trying to get as many kills as possible for the 1500 Cr challenge yesterday and whaddaya know, I got exactly 30 kills AND the game-winning kill :D

Hugbot

Ramirez said:
Why does Anchor 9 have more space fighting? It's like the entire focal point of the video...
It looks like it's just the two hallways that are open to space and the landing outside the main area, and the rest has gravity. I'm assuming they showed a lot of spacefighting because it's the gimmick on the map.

Edit: Also Rocket Race on Boneyard is the worst.

I'm having trouble downloading the new video. Every time I click on the download link, it brings me to a new tab with the video as a stream. I tried right clicking, but it won't let me. Anybody know what's up?

Ramirez

Hugbot said:
It looks like it's just the two hallways that are open to space and the landing outside the main area, and the rest has gravity. I'm assuming they showed a lot of spacefighting because it's the gimmick on the map.

Edit: Also Rocket Race on Boneyard is the worst.

That's what I always want in my competitive mp maps, I guess Zealot taught them nothing.

Hugbot

Ramirez said:
That's what I always want in my competitive mp maps, I guess Zealot taught them nothing.
Well, hopefully the Forge pallette on that map will have a way to block that section off. If so, that variant will inevitably be used in the eventual MLG playlist. I agree though that the space section on Zealot is godawful, hopefully with grav lifts not being the only way up this will at least be somewhat better.

The inside layout looks good, though.

Popeck

Dax01 said:
I'm having trouble downloading the new video. Every time I click on the download link, it brings me to a new tab with the video as a stream. I tried right clicking, but it won't let me. Anybody know what's up?

Open the stream tab and press File --> Save as from the browser menu. Close the stream and wait for the file to download.

Ramirez said:
Why does Anchor 9 have more space fighting? It's like the entire focal point of the video...

I love the idea of Zero G fighting, it was pretty fun in Campaign, and unfortunatly in Zealot no one used that area/ it turned into a cheap zone. In Anchor 9 I hope theres a ton of zero G fighting, just because its fun.

Sure, it would suck in competitive games, but I avoid Reach on a competative level, it just isnt much fun for it. So im all for the gimmicks. :D

Ugh, hate that weekly challenge, first one I won't get done seeing as how I'm jam packed with school work and I don't play multi-player that much at all anyways. Where are my fun campaign weekly challenges?

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
New maps look beautiful, Can't wait to play them. Just checked my UPS tracking number and it looks like I will get my xbox back today. Maybe I will finally get out of the damn warrant officer grade 3 rank tonight. Stupid RROD!

LosDaddie

Banned
meh....I'm not a fan of the this week's Weekly Challenge either. BUT at least it's achievable if you have the free time. I'll take that any week over a "Like Mike" challenge, which relies on both skill & luck to get.

Sai-kun said:
I thought the challenge was called Legendary Friends for a reason? :lol

No, that was a daily challenge, I wouldn't mind some more like those but on a larger scale for a weekly, or something that is like a vid-master if they could do that some how. I just want something different yet fun.

jred2k

I think this is the best Weekly Challenge yet and hope to see more like it. I think Weekly Challenges should be something that it takes you the entire week, or close to, to get. Besides this one only take a couple games a night to get as long as you don't get stuck in a bunch of rocket race.

Calm Killer said:
New maps look beautiful, Can't wait to play them. Just checked my UPS tracking number and it looks like I will get my xbox back today. Maybe I will finally get out of the damn warrant officer grade 3 rank tonight. Stupid RROD!
heh pretty funny coincidence...

My Elite is due to arrive at home today too... It Red Ringed a month ago and on UPS it says "ANNACIS ISLAND, BC, CA 25/10/2010 5:00 OUT FOR DELIVERY "

:D

Unfortunately I am at camp right now, so I won't be able to pick it up until November... Oh well :p

ElRenoRaven

Wow. I thought last week's weekly was BS. This weeks is even worse. Based on my average score that would take about 12 to 15 games a day for 5 days. I'm not about to spend that much damn time just for a freaking challenge.

Hugbot

PsychoRaven said:
Wow. I thought last week's weekly was BS. This weeks is even worse. Based on my average score that would take about 12 to 15 games a day for 5 days. I'm not about to spend that much damn time just for a freaking challenge.
Last week's was terrible because it required you to either go into multiteam and somehow get a group that votes for an objective game and not slayer or Rocket Race on Boneyard, or be in a fun playlist with 7 terrible people.

This week's is just a matter of putting the time in. I can't/won't, but it's a better thought-out challenge.

Hugbot said:
Last week's was terrible because it required you to either go into multiteam and somehow get a group that votes for an objective game and not slayer or Rocket Race on Boneyard, or be in a fun playlist with 7 terrible people.

This week's is just a matter of putting the time in. I can't/won't, but it's a better thought-out challenge.

Challenges shouldn't be attainable by everybody. What's the challenge if everybody can do it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom