• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember R E A C H |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Generic said:
I have a very minor complaint I wish to submit.

Does anyone else feel that the sentences telling you whats going on take up too much space?

Look at this screenshot:

ae9mr8.jpg

It actually goes as far as to take up a part of my retinal. There have been some situations in other games where I died because I didn't spot the enemy firs. Why? Because they were a hidden behind this strip of text. Has anyone else had this issue, or am I the only one?
This image looks like 4:3 SD, most likely why it's taking so much room up. I say SD because the text never goes that far over in HD.

Are you playing this game looking stretched in SD?

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
Generic said:
I have a very minor complaint I wish to submit.

Does anyone else feel that the sentences telling you whats going on take up too much space?

Look at this screenshot:

ae9mr8.jpg

It actually goes as far as to take up a part of my retinal. There have been some situations in other games where I died because I didn't spot the enemy firs. Why? Because they were a hidden behind this strip of text. Has anyone else had this issue, or am I the only one?
Aww man. Some of the best players I know are HS kids who cannot afford a HDTV. I think Bungie should fix those issues. Have you tried using your monitor instead? It will be a huge improvement.

Sean

Banned
Final level took me just under 3 hours and like 60 deaths on Legendary solo. But damn it was satisfying :lol first Halo game I beat on Legendary solo.

I figured out some probably "cheap" ways of doing the harder/frustrating encounters easily and wanted to share tips (sorry if this is obvious).

1)
Two hunters, backtrack a bit to the encounter just before it and there's a dead elite with a concussion rifle. I let Emile distract them and unloaded on their backs with this which probably helped a lot.
2)
Making your way up to the MAC cannon was the hardest part for me until I got frustrated and tried something that I thought was retarded and it actually worked. You can simply run and jump in a "bowl"/container thing (crouch when you're in there obviously). It puts you in the center of the room and gives you cover. Use that to take out the Engineer floating in the air first so the Elites don't have overshields and then "noob combo" (overcharged Plasma Pistol + DMR) the Elites on the upper platform and then finally the one on the floor with you.
3)
After dying three or four times, I realized the MAC cannon part at the end you can avoid completely, you only have to fire the last shot when Keyes says to. Hop in and fire quickly, even though there'll be like four or five phantoms they won't be able to kill you in time.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
Sean said:
Final level took me just under 3 hours and like 60 deaths on Legendary solo. But damn it was satisfying :lol first Halo game I beat on Legendary solo.

I figured out some probably "cheap" ways of doing the harder/frustrating encounters easily and wanted to share tips (sorry if this is obvious).

1)
Two hunters, backtrack a bit to the encounter just before it and there's a dead elite with a concussion rifle. I let Emile distract them and unloaded on their backs with this which probably helped a lot.
2)
Making your way up to the MAC cannon was the hardest part for me until I got frustrated and tried something that I thought was retarded and it actually worked. You can simply run and jump in a "bowl"/container thing (crouch when you're in there obviously). It puts you in the center of the room and gives you cover. Use that to take out the Engineer floating in the air first so the Elites don't have overshields and then "noob combo" (overcharged Plasma Pistol + DMR) the Elites on the upper platform and then finally the one on the floor with you.
3)
After dying three or four times, I realized the MAC cannon part at the end you can avoid completely, you only have to fire the last shot when Keyes says to. Hop in and fire quickly, even though there'll be like four or five phantoms they won't be able to kill you in time.
I did that last part too :D

Buckethead said:
Wait what do you mean you can avoid it?
you can ignore the gun completely and only shoot one railgun shot at the carrier's belly when keyes tells you to shoot. So you don't have to shoot the wraiths and ghosts at all.

Daigoro

Sean said:

1)
2)
3)

i think you can avoid #1 too.

if thats the spot im thinking of, i just ran past, broke a window and crouched jumped through.

Shake Appeal said:
I mean, sure, if you want to be cowardly about it...

i died enough playing through Legendary thank you.

Daigoro

Shake Appeal said:
You're playing offline. You want to play it through the Score Attack playlist in Matchmaking.

hm. somethings up with this though.

ive only been able to locate one way to play Gruntpocalypse as far as i can remember. (why are the firefight menu's so fractured? annoying) i was getting a decent amount of CR at first, but yesterday it seemed like i could only get 60.

ill try to locate it in matchmaking to check it out. but so far in MM ive only been thrown into a lobby and been forced to vote with 3 other people. what am i missing?

STG

Daigoro said:
ill try to locate it in matchmaking to check it out. but so far in MM ive only been thrown into a lobby and been forced to vote with 3 other people. what am i missing?
select Score Attack not the other option
in score attack you are alone and can vote what you want

First game of invasion today and what happens on bone yard? spartans camp elite spawn.

Elite weapons are shit and under powered compared to the hitscan gear of the spartans, fuck this shit, repeater is useless and without a magnum you might as well bend over if at any kind of range, fuck.

Why are plasma weapons so weak? Why are the elites so gimped? Why is the beginning wave of boneyard so fucked up?

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
"fuskin bungle fix ur gaem i cant see my crosshare"
"You're playing on 480 on a HDTV"
"ohlol"

God only knows how someone could be playing standard def on a HDTV and NOT notice.

Raide

Weekly Challenge:

Legendary Friends
Complete any Campaign mission on Legendary in co-op mode.

2500cR

Daily Challenges:

More than a Handful
Kill 77 enemies in multiplayer Matchmaking.

750cR

On Tilt
Complete a Campaign mission on Heroic or harder with the Tilt Skull on.

500cR

Multiplier
Earn 5 multikills in a multiplayer Matchmaking game.

1200cR

Oops! All Kills
Earn 7 Multikills in multiplayer Matchmaking.

777cR

zlatko

Banned
Raide said:
Weekly Challenge:

Legendary Friends

2500cR

Daily Challenges:

More than a Handful

750cR

On Tilt

500cR

Multiplier

1200cR

Oops! All Kills

777cR

I just saw these on bungie.net and laughed hard, because I will be doing NONE of today's daily challenges. At least not intentionally.

More than a Handful
750cR

On Tilt
500cR

Multiplier
1200cR

Oops! All Kills
777cR

lol we all post around the same time :lol

theultimo

zlatko said:
I just saw these on bungie.net and laughed hard, because I will be doing NONE of today's daily challenges. At least not intentionally.
Tile is not that hard, and the multi kills should be fine. 7 double kills?

Falt

theultimo said:
Tile is not that hard, and the multi kills should be fine. 7 double kills?

...in one game, I presume? That's what could prove difficult.

Has anything been said about how the daily/weekly challenges are chosen? Are they planned in advance or is it a random pot luck type bingo call each day.

The reward verses the actual challenge is so unbelievably off balance. Luke, I don't know why this is so hard to understand, but the harder the challenge, the bigger the reward should be. If the purpose of challenges is to encourage variety, you need to make it worthwhile.

At the moment you have trivial challenges that give large amounts of credits, very hard challenges that give out almost nothing, and a mixture in between.

And then there's the frustrating manner of assist challenges....

500cR for a campaign stage run is so low but I suppose you can just pick the quickest stage and run it, still not worth 10-15 minutes of effort.

Vestal

SERIOUSLY WTF do people see in Infection/Safe Heavens?!?!?! 8 @#$@#% Times in a row I had to play that crap in rumble pit.

Bungie needs to make a separate lobby just for that crap.. IT IS ANNOYING.

once or twice every 10 games fine.. but come on.. I prefer Slayer 100 times more, headhunter is fun aswell.

Mad Max

Raide said:
On Tilt is easy. First mission, run through most of it, get monies.

Still not worth it for 500cr, you're better of playing a game of score attack or even MP if you want to earn credits.

Magni

Wow at today's challenges.. I'll probably do them 'cause I'm an addict, but that Tilt one is horribe! 500cR for going through a campaign mission? What?

remz

Vestal said:
SERIOUSLY WTF do people see in Infection/Safe Heavens?!?!?! 8 @#$@#% Times in a row I had to play that crap in rumble pit.

once or twice every 10 games fine.. but come on.. I prefer Slayer 100 times more, headhunter is fun aswell.
Yeah and some infuriating reason everyone votes for infection and no one for headhunter. Urgh.

Mr. Sam

Anybody accidentally going into assassination? It's cost me a couple kills/lives this morning. I swear I only tapped B. Oh well...

Magni

Mr. Sam said:
Anybody accidentally going into assassination? It's cost me a couple kills/lives this morning. I swear I only tapped B. Oh well...

Happens quite frequently to me. My B button might be dying as well, I keep putting off buying a new one because I'm waiting for the Onza. I usually switch controllers every year and this one is finishing its second right now =/

MrDaravon

This Multiplier Challenge is fucking bullshit. I'm about to just farm this with 7 friends in FFA tonight. Overall I continue to be disappointed by how the Challenges are set up, as well as the rewards for them.

Yea the hold/press time difference isn't exactly big enough... I still don't exactly know how to cancel out of assassination...you can right? I've seen it I swear.

:\ the challenges seems sort of bland in my opinion.

I hope that they can make the challenges only count in MatchMaking games (Firefight NOT included)... If you had to earn three multi-kills in one game of competitive MP that would be a challenge. Asking players to get multi-kills now, they just end up running over and doing Gruntpocalypse.

It would be nice if the challenges were actually challenging.

/rant

Edit: Pretty lame that people are doing the campaign thing to farm credits. It completely devalues the 'ranking/cR' system.

pAjoU.png

Raide said:
Weekly Challenge:

Legendary Friends

2500cR

Daily Challenges:

More than a Handful

750cR

On Tilt

500cR

Multiplier

1200cR

Oops! All Kills

777cR
What does tilt do?

It's kind of refreshing to get challenges I have no interest in doing, I needed to fire up Dead Rising 2 today anyway.

Puddles said:
I just died in Mission 7 because I threw a grenade at a brute and it killed a civilian.

Fuck this game, I'm done.
=(

Vestal said:

I agree but because I love it and want to play it all the time.

Victrix

*beard*
Devin Olsen said:
Edit: Pretty lame that people are doing the campaign thing to farm credits. It completely devalues the 'ranking/cR' system.

How does it 'devalue' it? It affects you in no way whatsoever (except possibly to make your game more awesome if they take birthday party)

Unless you value your rank as a measure of epenis, which is a foolish thing to do anyway, given the history of Halo and MW boosters.

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
Devin Olsen said:
:\ the challenges seems sort of bland in my opinion.

I hope that they can make the challenges only count in MatchMaking games (Firefight NOT included)... If you had to earn three multi-kills in one game of competitive MP that would be a challenge. Asking players to get multi-kills now, they just end up running over and doing Gruntpocalypse.

It would be nice if the challenges were actually challenging.

/rant

Wat? Firstly they nerfed the shit out of that so-called exploit, and their ranking is pretty badly designed. The hump to get to Captain is inexcusable. There is no logic behind it at all other than there being an achievement attached to it.

TL: DR - Ranking and CR have no value anyway, y'all just mad cuz you did it the old fashioned way.

SailorDaravon said:
This Multiplier Challenge is fucking bullshit. I'm about to just farm this with 7 friends in FFA tonight. Overall I continue to be disappointed by how the Challenges are set up, as well as the rewards for them.
I earned it legit just now in an invasion match, I love PP charge & melee + throw sticky, I did it like 5 times in a row :lol

Neuromancer said:
What does tilt do?

It's kind of refreshing to get challenges I have no interest in doing, I needed to fire up Dead Rising 2 today anyway.
Tilt is half ammo from weapon pickups. *edit* actually it might be enemies are immune to certain ammo, I don't remember.

Devin Olsen said:

pAjoU.png
Yeah it is cheese, believe it or not all those kills are just from about 30-40 minutes of doing so, I stopped after that.

The slog to captain was enough to push me over the edge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom