• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember R E A C H |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.
MrBig said:
It obviously not the fault of Havok, one of the best physics engines in the industry. It's because it got stuck in a knee guard in the same way you could always be stuck with a frag in previous games. It just hasn't happened before because there was never a time where you were invulnerable and had a place for a rocket to be caught.

Went from reading his post and being like :( to reading your post and being like :)

MrBig said:
It obviously not the fault of Havok, one of the best physics engines in the industry. It's because it got stuck in a knee guard in the same way you could always be stuck with a frag in previous games. It just hasn't happened before because there was never a time where you were invulnerable and had a place for a rocket to be caught.

Yes its not Havoks fault...

Who's is it then!?

Its a glitch in the physics engine.

No you're right vehicles just fly off the map. Its a perfect engine. :D

GhaleonEB said:
But this is never communicated to anyone in the game. We longtime players just know it. I know someone who picked up Reach as his first Halo game and he had no idea. And he's already beaten the campaign!

The Tilt skull would be a place to communicate this - plasma for shields, bullets for health - but it just says "damage tables modified".
I played through Halo 3 and ODST without realizing the plasma/bullet relationship.

Oh yeah and I played that challenge the other day with Tilt on, and I had no idea why my plasma shots werent doing anything to the elites' shields.

Yeah so there's that. There's got to be some middle ground between throwing you into the deep end and the kind of condescending hand-holding you get in other games.

MrBig

xxjuicesxx said:

Who's is it then!?

I would assume both have to do with Bungie's collision system, completely unrelated. Just another broken thing in Reach.
and that vvv

MrBig said:
I would assume both have to do with Bungie's collision system, completely unrelated. Just another broken thing in Reach.
and that vvv

Are you a programmer or something? I'm just a guy playing a game with more glitches by the day, I didn't even know there was a distinction between physics and collision engines.

MrBig

xxjuicesxx said:
Are you a programmer or something? I'm just a guy playing a game with more glitches by the day, I didn't even know there was a distinction between physics and collision engines.
Then you can just call it a glitch in the physics engine if that's all you care about. But the whole point in posting that was to show more broken parts of the game. Halo 3 was extremely solid compared to the condition reach has been released in, and It can't be readily fixed so theres no point in complaining.
Photolysis said:
Just completed today's challenges. Not too bad overall.

Had a bug with some kills not counting for the challenge though, despite appearing on the scoreboard. For that matter I had some kills that were not attributed to me in multi team despite blatantly being mine.
This is by far the biggest problem in reach and I notice it constantly.

Just completed today's challenges. Not too bad overall.

Had a bug with some kills not counting for the challenge though, despite appearing on the scoreboard. For that matter I had some kills that were not attributed to me in multi team despite blatantly being mine.

On a positive note I really like this weeks challenge kill 1000 people. Most people can get it if they play enough but its not something you can just get in the last hours before the new weekly pops up, it makes it more of a WEEKLY challenge instead of something you can get in one game if you have a good game/lucky game. Firefight 50 games was another one, these marathon ones that you need to play for a lot of time to get. You can spread them out through the week.

Like Mike for example should have just been a daily like Neuroscience or today's Aggressive Negotiations challenge.

Mr. Sam

I'd have preferred something like 800 kills. I stopped at 128 kills today so I'm going to have to really pick up the slack for the rest of the week if I'm to get the weekly. Gah.

xxjuicesxx said:
On a positive note I really like this weeks challenge kill 1000 people. Most people can get it if they play enough but its not something you can just get in the last hours before the new weekly pops up, it makes it more of a WEEKLY challenge instead of something you can get in one game if you have a good game/lucky game. Firefight 50 games was another one, these marathon ones that you need to play for a lot of time to get. You can spread them out through the week.

Like Mike for example should have just been a daily like Neuroscience or today's Aggressive Negotiations challenge.

I'm not a fan of the kinds of weekly challenges we've been seeing recently. I have no problem with challenges that are, well, challenges and a bit tricky to complete, but having ones that require grinding aren't fun. If they are going to be number ones, then as far as I'm concerned they should allow a choice in what mode you play.

I'm also definitely not a huge fan of the "Do X in a single game" challenges either, though the recent ones have been more reasonable, unlike some of the earlier ones (7 grenade kills anyone?)

Challenges do seem to have gotten better, when it comes to the difficulty verses reward, but credits as a whole still need some serious modifications.

xxjuicesxx said:
On a positive note I really like this weeks challenge kill 1000 people.
Considering that since launch I have tallied a grand total of 1,328 matchmaking kills... yeah. Not gonna happen.

But you guys umm, enjoy your cR, and stuff.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
just done a general lurk through some of the thread

and

some posts in this thread make the game seem like an unplayable mess :lol

zumphry

Banned
Devin Olsen said:
How isn't this posted yet?

Noble_Trailer_Banner.jpg

Noble Map Pack Trailer! Huzah

Happy Happy, Carnage Carnage! :D

And :lol at the armor lock.

As for the Weekly, that's gonna suck. I'm not gonna have a lot of time at all this week to even do Firefight or Campaign challenges, but Multiplayer? Nah. At least there's Saturday and Sunday, I guess.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Kentpaul said:
just done a general lurk through some of the thread

and

some posts in this thread make the game seem like an unplayable mess :lol
There will always be someone complaining about something. Always.

I hope the next Firefight update gives us doubles or party score attack modes. Right now, the options are play by yourself or play with 3 people you may or may not know.

There's always custom games I know, but they give you dick for cR.

AlStrong

Brainfart. It's been a long time since I've seen the (1) etc in matchmaking. The grinding part sounded like the following to me:

two gold accounts, two xbox's, 4p split-screen, 8-player matchmaking -> just kill split-screen people. i.e. boosting.

MrBig

Neuromancer said:
Why would playing online with a friend on the same TV be bannable? Anytime you see someone and their name with a (1) after it, it's people on the same Xbox.
Something like that isn't.
http://www.bungie.net/stats/reach/commendations.aspx?player=T U R K
That however is more than worthy of a rank reset. 300 games of nothing but boosting in matchmaking. He even bought (and 360 if he dint already have a second) a second gold account for the sole purpose of boosting.

shas'la

Just played an invasion game against Dax01, who was a twatface and refused to pull back to the base after phase 1 had been completed grrr.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
shas'la said:
Just played an invasion game against Dax01, who was a twatface and refused to pull back to the base after phase 1 had been completed grrr.

Dax? A twat face? NO! I can't believe that!

MrBig said:
Something like that isn't.
http://www.bungie.net/stats/reach/commendations.aspx?player=T U R K
That however is more than worthy of a rank reset. 300 games of nothing but boosting in matchmaking. He even bought (and 360 if he dint already have a second) a second gold account for the sole purpose of boosting.

:lol

What a loser.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
MrBig said:
Urk, I think someone needs his rank reset: http://www.bungie.net/stats/reach/commendations.aspx?player=T U R K
He goes into matchmaking by himself and kills all of his guests with two xboxes.

Oh how I wish I could see this guy's face when he gets banned - all those commendations maxed that can never be earned again, all those hours wasted in vain getting those kills.

Matter of fact, don't ban him, just wipe his credits and stats... :lol

AlStrong

Louis Wu

xxjuicesxx said:

Who's is it then!?

Seriously? There's absolutely nothing in your mind between "shitty engine" and "perfect engine"?

You make me cry for our future. :(

MIMIC

Banned
Just finished that campaign.
That Lone Wolf mission after the credits was a nice touch. Spartans don't die; they're just MIA

EDIT: Whoops

Louis Wu said:
Seriously? There's absolutely nothing in your mind between "shitty engine" and "perfect engine"?

You make me cry for our future. :(

Its the internet you deducted something from like 3 sentences I wrote, I obviously understand there's many different levels in between broken and perfection. I'm perfect you're broken, in between is most of HaloGAF.

See I understand. :lol

office_space.jpg

so?
the gentleman above only just finished it, i'm sure there are others, not to mention those who haven't bought it yet.

it's just being considerate

xxjuicesxx said:

Who's is it then!?

I refuse to play this broken broken game anymore.

You know what the final straw was? I have a robot arm and no shoulder pad and when I used a sword it showed me as having OONSK on my shoulder.

No really, try it - having oonsks smiling face cracks me up as I sword people.

Ramirez

electricpirate said:
Weren't you bitching about credit/challenge bitching also?

I said if they suck so bad them don't do them. They are lacking in creativity, but I don't really care. I was complaining about space fighting and shield doors of Anchor 9 in my recent post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom