• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember R E A C H |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrBig

Ramirez said:
That guy is so pathetic it's not even worth banning him, it is obviously the only fun he has in life.
Which is exactly why he needs a rank reset of both of his accounts. It's for his own good.

Why do you guys care so much if he plays with guests to rank quicker? Bungie made the entire matchmaking experience(minus arena) like the social playlists of the past, so why so serious? It doesn't fall under hacking/network manipulation either, and his rank does nothing to effect your matchmaking games.

I hate that umad? stuff, but yeah.

Circle T

I think the level cap is meaningless and silly, given that all we unlock are cosmetic frill for our player. So, if this guy wants to go through all that trouble just to unlock some digital bits for his Spartan, he should go right ahead. It isn't harming anyone... other than his own dignity.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Looks like he's pimping an account to either inflate his ego or inflate his wallet on the account resale market. There are bigger idiots out there that would happily pay this tool a pretty shiny penny for such an account.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
FunkyMunkey said:
Why do you guys care so much if he plays with guests to rank quicker? Bungie made the entire matchmaking experience(minus arena) like the social playlists of the past, so why so serious? It doesn't fall under hacking/network manipulation either, and his rank does nothing to effect your matchmaking games.

I hate that umad? stuff, but yeah.

Um, he isn't playing with people, he is playing with controllers. He is by himself with 8 controllers set up.

zumphry

Banned
Letters said:
^ Well, at least he got a Bungie employee to make a comment about him. That's gotta count for something.

It'll get him through a few cold, lonely nights. Plus he does have those extra controllers...

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
So I played on Hemmorhage earlier and it's Elite Slayer and one of our guys grabs a ghost and I grab one and follow right behind him and so he rides up a hill and gets shot right off the map, commits suicide. :lol

Ramirez

Thagomizer said:
Go into Snipers

Everyone votes the Cage but me

what the fuck is wrong with people

People here actually enjoy Elite Slayer, nothing surprises me anymore. I think most people just troll during the voting process anyways, they know no one wants to play 4v4 Hemorrhage, but they vote for it anyways just to piss everyone off. I really wish all the voting was like Arena, once you vote, that's it. People will grief anything...

RdN

Plywood said:
So I played on Hemmorhage earlier and it's Elite Slayer and one of our guys grabs a ghost and I grab one and follow right behind him and so he rides up a hill and gets shot right off the map, commits suicide. :lol

That happened to me today! I was launched to the sky in my ghost, and then commited suicide.:lol

Ramirez

Also, maybe I'm just seeing what I want to see, but doesn't it look like the rank cap meter has moved up the same amount every day? I measured with my fingers on screen (lol) and wound up with about 5 more days til it would be full at the current rate. Isn't it highly unlikely that the same amount of challenges would be done 3 days in a row?

Ramirez said:
People here actually enjoy Elite Slayer, nothing surprises me anymore. I think most people just troll during the voting process anyways, they know no one wants to play 4v4 Hemorrhage, but they vote for it anyways just to piss everyone off. I really wish all the voting was like Arena, once you vote, that's it. People will grief anything...
I enjoy Elite Slayer...

it immensely improves Reflection, at least. People actually play on the entire map and not just in the upper hall

Sai-kun

Banned
Ramirez said:
Also, maybe I'm just seeing what I want to see, but doesn't it look like the rank cap meter has moved up the same amount every day? I measured with my fingers on screen (lol) and wound up with about 5 more days til it would be full at the current rate. Isn't it highly unlikely that the same amount of challenges would be done 3 days in a row?

Actually no. It's moved up a different amount every day.

Ramirez

I just think there's a problem with a gametype when 80% of the people usually finish with plasma nades as their TOD, usually at 5 or more.

^

Well, guess my eyes are playing tricks on me.

Ramirez

Striker said:
Elite Slayer would work world's better if they had one plasma grenade at spawn. Or none, but that will never happen.

Yea, the nades are definitely my biggest problem with the gametype. I actually enjoy the Elite's speed and jump height, it feels very similar to Halo 3.

SuperBonk

Striker said:
Elite Slayer would work world's better if they had one plasma grenade at spawn. Or none, but that will never happen.
Conversely, I think any Multi-Team match would work a lot better if it had 1 grenade starts.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Ramirez said:
Hey Elite Slayer on BTB is the shit. Elite Slayer 4v4, not so much.
NH Apache said:
Gungnir helmet.

Kuroyume

Banned
Wouldn't it make just a little bit of fucking sense to limit the grenade count (spawn and around the maps) in Multi team considering the amount of players in each game? May as well name Multi team AR/Nades/Melee team.

NH Apache

Banned
Plywood said:
Hey Elite Slayer on BTB is the shit. Elite Slayer 4v4, not so much.

Gungnir helmet.

I wonder how they are rocking it if Brigadier is required for it. Can they unlock that offline?

That might be my new favorite helmet.

Kuroyume said:
Wouldn't it make just a little bit of fucking sense to limit the grenade count (spawn and around the maps) in Multi team considering the amount of players in each game? May as well name Multi team AR/Nades/Melee team.

I agree with this. As a new HUGE fan of multi team, 1 grenade probably would prevent spamming, especially in atom.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
NH Apache said:
I wonder how they are rocking it if Brigadier is required for it. Can they unlock that offline?

No idea. It is a pretty sick helmet though.
les papillons sexuels said:
so what happens when they increase the level cap. If you're maxed out, do you still earn all the credits you should have while you were maxed out?
The credits you earned when maxed out will go toward your future rank (when the cap gets lifted).

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
les papillons sexuels said:
so what happens when they increase the level cap. If you're maxed out, do you still earn all the credits you should have while you were maxed out?
Yes, If you log on offline it shows you your true rank.

NH Apache said:

There's a bug if you deploy a hologram and die before it fully materializes. It randomly generates a spartan with armor combinations that sometimes aren't even available. Such as the GUNGIR helmet with the little snorkel thing on it.

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=1512741&player=Laughtrey

Can someone render that for me?

Sai-kun

Banned
NH Apache said:

Damn. I want that even more now. :D So, so, so slick.

UltimaPooh said:
So where is the Purple spartan slideshow that Sai said he would make?

don't make a girl a promise, etc, etc. Honestly school kicks my ass, and this quarter is really important for me :/ So..I haven't really been able to do much with it yet, and I don't know if i'll be able to do it for awhile.

Sai-kun said:
don't make a girl a promise, etc, etc. Honestly school kicks my ass, and this quarter is really important for me :/ So..I haven't really been able to do much with it yet, and I don't know if i'll be able to do it for awhile.

I could possibly do something... let me get back to you on it though... I need to get some programs back on my Mac.

Just played with people who just..had no idea what they were talking about.

Some quotes from this last game:

"Have they changed the cap to something about Lt Colonel?"
"Uhhhhhh, no. They're supposed to do that when they release the new maps. I think that's...next week."
"Oh okay."
"Yeah, they better not be a bunch of Forge maps, man. If they try to sell me Forge maps I'm gonna be pissed."

About half way through the game, after being spawn killed twice in a row(playing SWAT on Countdown), someone complains about the spawns being shitty, and that the maps in Reach "aren't big enough to have enough spawns".

So someone says "They need to go back to how they did it in Halo 3. Like, have actual dedicated spawn points around the map, instead of this spawning on your teammate bullshit"
"Yeah I hate that. Too many people just go rushing in and then I spawn on them and die because they're in combat."

Later on near the end, someone announces that there is "a kid sitting back just letting his team spawn on him"

And throughout the game they were talking about how Call of Duty is a much better game than Halo 3, and that they're just playing this until Black Ops comes out. :lol

EDIT: We tied that game, 50-50. I have no idea how. I was the last death, but I don't think I killed the guy killing me.

EDIT 2: We actually did kill eachother. I shot him as I was heading to cover, and died(on my screen he shot me through the wall). :lol

Sai-kun

Banned
UltimaPooh said:
I could possibly do something... let me get back to you on it though... I need to get some programs back on my Mac.

Haha, sweet. :D I'll give you whatever help/resources you need if you decide to do something! Just shoot me a PM whenever :)

I'm playing Exodus to wrap up todays Campaign challenge and I stop to check out an ODSTs armor. The ODST says "I don't like my job. I don't think I'm gonna go anymore." I loled. Nice Office Space reference.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Barrow Roll said:
I'm playing Exodus to wrap up todays Campaign challenge and I stop to check out an ODSTs armor. The ODST says "I don't like my job. I don't think I'm gonna go anymore." I loled. Nice Office Space reference.
Ron Livingston did do a voice, it might have been him.

NZNova

Still plowing through this on legendary, just about at the end of New Alexandria now. I'm really not looking forward to the last level, it was hard enough on Heroic. I've learned a few things along the way though...

Camo + shotgun makes even 4 hunters at the same time pretty easy. Sneak up on one, buckshot up the ass, hit camo and run the moment it drops dead so you don't get splattered by the fuel rod shots from the other hunters, lather rinse repeat.

The needle rifle is a thing of beauty against unshielded brutes. 4 shots anywhere on the body seems to be enough to bring em down.

Camo in general seems pretty overpowered, provided you are patient enough to crawl so you don't come out of stealth when you move.

Louis Wu

Ramirez said:
This picture was taken from a b.net thread:

SpartometerComparison3.jpg

The units are 'first day progress'. The last couple of days have had close to 1.5 units each, and you're right, there are 8 units left - so 5-6 days seems about right.

Falt

Louis Wu said:
This picture was taken from a b.net thread:

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y269/Spitfire222/SpartometerComparison3.jpg[IMG]
The units are 'first day progress'. The last couple of days have had close to 1.5 units each, and you're right, there are 8 units left - so 5-6 days seems about right.[/QUOTE]

I'm about 9k cR off Lt.Colonel. I thought I might have a few weeks to get stuck into the rank and hopefully hit the cap. 5-6 days left, not a hope... or is there?

Zel3

To do the leadership element challenge really fast just choose Nightfall. You should get a checkpoint right before you snipe the first elite and you can revert and do this until you get 45 kills. Shouldn't take too long.

Falt

Are we not posting daily challenges ? Did I miss something?

Shootin' and Lootin' -1500cR
Kill 150 enemies in any game mode in Reach.

Secondary Fire - 500cR
Earn 25 assists today in multiplayer Matchmaking.

Leadership Element - 1500cR
Kill 45 enemy leaders in the Campaign today.

Points, Points - 1500cR
Score 15,000 points in a Firefight Matchmaking game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom