• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember R E A C H |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zel3 said:
To do the leadership element challenge really fast just choose Nightfall. You should get a checkpoint right before you snipe the first elite and you can revert and do this until you get 45 kills. Shouldn't take too long.

But that Elite is infantry, not leader...

Zel3

Ajemsuhgao said:
Oh. Is that Elite orange or blue? I thought it was blue, but a friend says orange. The orange ones count as leaders.
The elite shows up as infantry on my bungie.net page yet it still counts for the challenge so I don't know. :lol I always assumed all Elites were considered leaders so I loaded up Nightfall and it worked, I got the challenge in like a minute or so.

Zel3 said:
To do the leadership element challenge really fast just choose Nightfall. You should get a checkpoint right before you snipe the first elite and you can revert and do this until you get 45 kills. Shouldn't take too long.
What an excellent way to suck all the fun out of a challenge.

Louis Wu

So what causes certain medals to not upload correctly?

I played a game of Juggernaut last night that shows up fine on Bungie.net - and the game stats there match the game stats in the game... except that my Killtacular isn't showing up on Bungie.net. (It definitely happened, and it wasn't at the end of the game or anything...)

The Jorge helmet avatar unlocked, so it's not even like the system wasn't sure that the Killtac happened. It's just Bungie.net that isn't acknowledging it.

(Yes, I accidentally assassinated a guy while in the middle of a group of players that were all trying to kill me - yes, I know that's stupid. Thank goodness for those few seconds of invincibility, eh? :lol :lol )

Any ideas?

Okay GAF - I need help with my Solo Legendary run!

I'm on the fourth (real) mission; I believe it's called Tip of the Spear. I'm on what I believe is the final encounter, although it's been a while since my Heroic run and I don't specifically recall. I need to take down an AA gun which is guarded by two Wraiths down low, two Hunters up top, and the usual assortment of elites and jackals. I get the feeling I was supposed to have saved the Plasma Launcher for this; unfortunately, I used it up on some Ghosts earlier. I have a Plasma Pistol and a Needler, and I'm in a Revenant. Repeated attempts to stun the wraiths have failed.

1) Am I screwed?
2) If I restart the mission from Rally Point Bravo, instead of loading up my save, will I still be credited with beating the mission on Legendary? Or do I have to start over if I want to grab that Plasma Launcher?

divisionbyzorro said:

I'm on the fourth (real) mission; I believe it's called Tip of the Spear. I'm on what I believe is the final encounter, although it's been a while since my Heroic run and I don't specifically recall. I need to take down an AA gun which is guarded by two Wraiths down low, two Hunters up top, and the usual assortment of elites and jackals. I get the feeling I was supposed to have saved the Plasma Launcher for this; unfortunately, I used it up on some Ghosts earlier. I have a Plasma Pistol and a Needler, and I'm in a Revenant. Repeated attempts to stun the wraiths have failed.

1) Am I screwed?
2) If I restart the mission from Rally Point Bravo, instead of loading up my save, will I still be credited with beating the mission on Legendary? Or do I have to start over if I want to grab that Plasma Launcher?

You're only half way through that mission.

You still have the Falcon on-rails part, and the whole Spire part.

And that plasma launcher won't help you much. You'd take out maybe one wraith with it. :\

divisionbyzorro said:

1) Am I screwed?

First off, dont restart from Rally Point Bravo! It wont count as a fully completed mission. If you really want to roll back a checkpoint get yourself killed like 10 times in a row really fast, and the game will roll you back a little.

Not that you really need to do that, if you can hijack the wraiths that will be a huge help. Using the Reverent just keep driving back and forth doing little like drive bys, switch from going from left to right every so often till you kill most of the infantry. To be honest the way I did that part of the mission was kill most enemies, but instead of killing the hunters myself, I just ran past them. Quickly blew up the core and ran the hell out (theres 2 entrances to that gun). The Marines and dropships that came dealt with the Hunters for me. :lol

Theres also a drop shield or camo lieing around that area, I cant remember which but its extremely helpful.

Ajemsuhgao said:
You're only half way through that mission.

You still have the Falcon on-rails part, and the whole Spire part.

And that plasma launcher won't help you much. You'd take out maybe one wraith with it. :\

He is more like 3 quarters of the way through, the Falcon bit is extremely easy, and only the very last bit of the Spire is a challenge really.

bobs99 ... said:
First off, dont restart from Rally Point Bravo! It wont count as a fully completed mission. If you really want to roll back a checkpoint get yourself killed like 10 times in a row really fast, and the game will roll you back a little.

Not that you really need to do that, if you can hijack the wraiths that will be a huge help. To be honest the way I did that part of the mission was, kill most enemies, but instead of killing the hunters myself, I just ran past them, quickly blew up the core and ran the hell out (theres 2 entrances to that gun). The Marines and dropships dealt with the Hunters for me. :lol

He is more like 3 quarters of the way through, the Falcon bit is extremely easy, and only the very last bit of the Spire is a challenge really.

I completely forgot about the encounter after the first bridge that gets dropped off by the pelican. So yeah, you're right.

Falt

divisionbyzorro said:

1) Am I screwed?

Would I be crazy in saying that all you need to do is take out the AA gun? Which can be done with shots from a wraith and possibly a revenant? That's what I'm recalling although I could be getting mixed up with another vehicle heavy level.

Zel3 said:
Challenges fun? Most of them are just grinds.
Some of them are for sure, but when you get the chance to have an enjoyable one by playing the actual campaign, I don't understand the need to resort to cheap tactics.

But to each their own.

divisionbyzorro said:

1) Am I screwed?
divisionbyzorro said:

1) Am I screwed?
Did you already grab the Plasma Launcher from the rack that sits in that section (it has a Drop Shield AA next to it, as well as some Nerfles). I ask because you grab one right before you take off in the Revenant.

Just had a guy AFK the entire game on my team. And now matchmaking is going to inflict him on some more poor sods, all because of automatically entering players back in and a complete lack of AFK detection/booting (why, Bungie)?.

Kind of makes Invasion a pain in the ass when you're the one spawning on him too.

bobs99 ... said:

Not that you really need to do that, if you can hijack the wraiths that will be a huge help. Using the Reverent just keep driving back and forth doing little like drive bys, switch from going from left to right every so often till you kill most of the infantry. To be honest the way I did that part of the mission was kill most enemies, but instead of killing the hunters myself, I just ran past them. Quickly blew up the core and ran the hell out (theres 2 entrances to that gun). The Marines and dropships that came dealt with the Hunters for me. :lol

Theres also a drop shield or camo lieing around that area, I cant remember which but its extremely helpful.

So the basic idea is to keep plugging away at it and take it slow. Got it. I was hoping I was missing a trick, but I guess I just need more patience. :lol

Photolysis said:
Just had a guy AFK the entire game on my team. And now matchmaking is going to inflict him on some more poor sods, all because of automatically entering players back in and a complete lack of AFK detection/booting (why, Bungie)?.

Kind of makes Invasion a pain in the ass when you're the one spawning on him too.
Supposedly they have something in place to kick out AFK'ers but it doesn't seem to work real well.

divisionbyzorro said:
So the basic idea is to keep plugging away at it and take it slow. Got it. I was hoping I was missing a trick, but I guess I just need more patience. :lol

Yeah, sorry. :( Im sure others have better advice but im just going by what I did.

You can use the Reverant to knock the Hog down at the beginning bit, and like I said you can kind of avoid fighting the hunters. But with the rest of the enemies its best to do slow deliberate drive bys. Then retreat for a checkpoint.

There might be a trick, but I never tried it, shooting the AA gun from the outside eventually kills it. I know that works with a Tank, not sure if it will work with a Reverant.

If that areas a big struggle, try and sneak past all the enemies, get into the AA gun and blow it up and leg it out of there. There are Drones in there waiting to pop out when you get close, but if you nade the inside that should kill a bunch of them.

Falt said:
Are we not posting daily challenges ? Did I miss something?

Shootin' and Lootin' -1500cR
Kill 150 enemies in any game mode in Reach.

Secondary Fire - 500cR
Earn 25 assists today in multiplayer Matchmaking.

Leadership Element - 1500cR
Kill 45 enemy leaders in the Campaign today.

Points, Points - 1500cR
Score 15,000 points in a Firefight Matchmaking game.
In my time zone, this was posted at 5:17am, so you don't really need to make these comments like half of the day has gone by without anyone posting the challenges.

For the Leadership challenge, if you want to do it a fun but relatively quick way, do the last mission Lone Wolf. In one life I got 15 leaders, you can probably do even better.

Gui_PT

Neuromancer said:
For the Leadership challenge, if you want to do it a fun but relatively quick way, do the last mission Lone Wolf. In one life I got 15 leaders, you can probably do even better.

On normal?

Edit: I was thinking Pillar of Autumn. That part where you get to boneyard, lots of leaders there, if I remember correctly.

Louis Wu

Photolysis said:

I thought urk said the AFK detection stuff kicked in after 2 or 3 games - are you saying you followed him for more than that?

Sucks to be stuck with him in a game, I'll certainly grant you that - but complaining about "a complete lack of AFK detection/booting" seems a bit over the top.

Louis Wu said:
I thought urk said the AFK detection stuff kicked in after 2 or 3 games - are you saying you followed him for more than that?

Sucks to be stuck with him in a game, I'll certainly grant you that - but complaining about "a complete lack of AFK detection/booting" seems a bit over the top.
IMO it's a red flag if a player is thinking there is no system when there actually is one. Makes me think the existing system is a bit impotent ;)

Falt

The Lamonster said:
In my time zone, this was posted at 5:17am, so you don't really need to make these comments like half of the day has gone by without anyone posting the challenges.

I was joking. Usually there's 2 or 3 posts relating to the dailys as soon as they are updated. HaloGaf was slacking sleeping, apparently.

Falt said:
I was joking. Usually there's 2 or 3 posts relating to the dailys as soon as they are updated. HaloGaf was slacking sleeping, apparently.
Oh, then it was funny :)

Guess I'm too sleepy for jokes this morning!

Louis Wu said:

The game I was in lasted 20 minutes, during which time the guy didn't do a thing, and matchmaking was putting him in another one after the game finished and I quit back to the lobby.

I wasn't aware of the delay, but if Reach does wait a few games before booting... that's absurd, and I've never heard of an AFK system like it. Potentially that's over an hour of games in Invasion, and several games spoiled utterly needlessly. It's not rocket science to detect that there's no input from the guy's controller, and I'm frankly staggered that anyone would even think about using a number of games instead of a timer to determine if someone is AFK.

LosDaddie

Banned
Falt said:
Are we not posting daily challenges ? Did I miss something?

Shootin' and Lootin' -1500cR
Kill 150 enemies in any game mode in Reach.

Secondary Fire - 500cR
Earn 25 assists today in multiplayer Matchmaking.

Leadership Element - 1500cR
Kill 45 enemy leaders in the Campaign today.

Points, Points - 1500cR
Score 15,000 points in a Firefight Matchmaking game.

It was only 6:17am my time when you posted this. :lol

Anyway, I like the challenges today. One game of Sniper Attack and a few games oF Multi-Team. About an hour's worth of gaming. I won't even try the campaign challenge.

TommyT

Ramirez said:
People here actually enjoy Elite Slayer, nothing surprises me anymore. I think most people just troll during the voting process anyways, they know no one wants to play 4v4 Hemorrhage, but they vote for it anyways just to piss everyone off. I really wish all the voting was like Arena, once you vote, that's it. People will grief anything...

So sad... yet so true :(

GhaleonEB

Louis Wu said:

I played a game of Juggernaut last night that shows up fine on Bungie.net - and the game stats there match the game stats in the game... except that my Killtacular isn't showing up on Bungie.net. (It definitely happened, and it wasn't at the end of the game or anything...)

The Jorge helmet avatar unlocked, so it's not even like the system wasn't sure that the Killtac happened. It's just Bungie.net that isn't acknowledging it.

(Yes, I accidentally assassinated a guy while in the middle of a group of players that were all trying to kill me - yes, I know that's stupid. Thank goodness for those few seconds of invincibility, eh? :lol :lol )

Any ideas?
I find that random bits of content don't make it to b.net. Games, screenshots, medals, etc. I spent 45 minutes yesterday trying to coax two screenshots I took to get on b.net. They didn't transfer automatically, so I put them in file share. Where they got stuck halfway uploading for over half an hour. I know Bungie's team is working on it, but it's surprising there's so many issues since this is their 4th game to get integrated like this.

LosDaddie said:
It was only 6:17am my time when you posted this. :lol

Anyway, I like the challenges today. One game of Sniper Attack and a few games oF Multi-Team. About an hour's worth of gaming. I won't even try the campaign challenge.
The campaign challenge isn't that bad, just play Lone Wolf. It's fun, think of it like a round of firefight.

Louis Wu said:

Any ideas?
Not sure what causes it but I've had a few medals get lost in the transition from game to Bungie.net.

LosDaddie said:
Hey now, what's wrong with Elite Slayer?

Not my favorite, but still fun.

I enjoy Elite Slayer, grenade madness and all. 4 straight games of it though? That gets a little old.

As far as challenges go, I'm surprised we haven't seen a "Kill the flag carrier 5 times in multiplayer matchmaking today". Would help up the player count in objective and expose the player base to something new all at once.

I really wish there was a bigger penalty for quitting out of games. Give quitters a reason NOT to leave a game. Sure theres the quit ban, but is that really helping?

You should lose at least 1000cr for quitting a game.. Sounds reasonable to me.

Falt

7echnicolor said:
I really wish there was a bigger penalty for quitting out of games. Give quitters a reason NOT to leave a game. Sure theres the quit ban, but is that really helping?

You should lose at least 1000cr for quitting a game.. Sounds reasonable to me.

Say you're in a 4v4 Slayer, losing and two of your team mates quit. Should you be penalised for quiting out also? If anything you should be praised (cR BONUS!!!) for sticking around but that's never the case.

In Theory, I'd love a heavier penalty on quitters just like you suggested but it wouldn't pan out. I've bailed out of games where I've lost team mates. It's just not fun sticking around for a beating.

Hugbot

Falt said:
Say you're in a 4v4 Slayer, losing and two of your team mates quit. Should you be penalised for quiting out also? If anything you should be praised (cR BONUS!!!) for sticking around but that's never the case.

In Theory, I'd love a heavier penalty on quitters just like you suggested but it wouldn't pan out. I've bailed out of games where I've lost team mates. It's just not fun sticking around for a beating.
Ideally a harsher quitting penalty (and not adding you straight back into the hopper so fast automatically) would limit the number of times you are by yourself. I would take a cR penalty with a harsher quitban over the current system any day.

Also kick AFK people way sooner.

Also no quit penalties in Score Attack who does that hurt?

TommyT

Falt said:

What if you're able to beat their lowest rated person giving you one of the top 4!? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom