• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember R E A C H |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn Bungie, Team objective is a ton of fun. I even managed to get really chatty fun team mates. Just a few tweaks to make it really perfect.

1) heavier symmetric weightings. 2 flag cat demands more 2 flag and nuetral bomb!
2) a few dmr non pro games
3) more Atom less cliffside/cage

Ramirez

Tashi0106 said:
I think it's referring to Kobe not being as good as Jordan.

Kobe will win more than six, but he'll never be better than Jordan in my heart. :D

Team Objective needs Headhunter/Stockpile weighted significantly less, I hate when terrible gametypes are forced upon you just because they're the new modes in the game. We really need some more symmetrical arena type maps in the vein of Midship/Sanctuary.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Ramirez said:
Kobe will win more than six, but he'll never be better than Jordan in my heart. :D

Team Objective needs Headhunter/Stockpile weighted significantly less, I hate when terrible gametypes are forced upon you just because they're the new modes in the game. We really need some more symmetrical arena type maps in the vein of Midship/Sanctuary.

He'll never be considered better than Jordan. The numbers speak for themselves. It's not just about how many rings they have.

Back to Halo, I would love to work on a symmetrical forge map. I think I could make something decent.

Ramirez

Tashi0106 said:
He'll never be considered better than Jordan. The numbers speak for themselves. It's not just about how many rings they have.

Back to Halo, I would love to work on a symmetrical forge map. I think I could make something decent.

I want to forge something as well, but every time I try to muster up the energy to do it, I just go back to killing dudes in MM. :lol

Raide

Ramirez said:
I want to forge something as well, but every time I try to muster up the energy to do it, I just go back to killing dudes in MM. :lol

I have exactly the opposite problem. :lol Want to MM but keep getting dragged back into Forge.

Tashi

Ramirez said:

Hahahaha I hear ya. I think I'm in a good position to do it. Right now I'm really only playing when my team is on because I don't really care to play the playlists. However, if I get wrapped up in making a map I could definitely sink a good amount of time into it. At least until an MLG playlist comes out but I honestly don't think that will be until December.

Trasher

Tashi0106 said:
Hahahaha I hear ya. I think I'm in a good position to do it. Right now I'm really only playing when my team is on because I don't really care to play the playlists. However, if I get wrapped up in making a map I could definitely sink a good amount of time into it. At least until an MLG playlist comes out but I honestly don't think that will be until December.
The three of us should put our minds together and go into Forge. ohemgee Forge date?!

Raide

Trasher said:
The three of us should put our minds together and go into Forge. ohemgee Forge date?!

"Hey, I will put this bridge here. It looks awes..." *Gets hit by massive 4x4 block and dies*

Trasher

Raide said:
"Hey, I will put this bridge here. It looks awes..." *Gets hit by massive 4x4 block and dies*
Shhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Ram, Tashi, and I like nothing better than going in to Forge and dropping tanks on one another. If there were MLG Pros for Forge....well you would be looking at them.

Tashi

Trasher said:

Sounds good. As long as you don't try to put Shotguns all over the map :p

Today's challenges:

One Spartan Army - 1500cR
Kill 150 enemies in Firefight Matchmaking.

Hyper Lethal Vector - 2000cR
Kill 200 enemies with headshots in Firefight Matchmaking.

Points, Points - 2500cR
Score 20,000 points in a Firefight Matchmaking game.

One Game, One Spawn - 1000cR
Complete a Firefight Matchmaking game without dying.

Jinjo

Falt said:
7000cR for 3, maybe 4 games of score attack. Crazy monies.

One sniperfight and one gruntpocalypse would in theory be enough. Hmmm... I might take a short break from studying for my test later today.

Ramirez said:

You crazy, Headhunter is crazy awesome :).

Gui_PT

UltimaPooh said:
Hey HaloGAF here is that Spirit Day slideshow that Sai was gonna make but I took over because he was busy:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMX6aQzWNEw
A lot of the work was done by Sai organizing the pictures by name. I simply just put them into iMovie. Anyone who submitted more than 2 good pictures got at least 2 in the video.
Enjoy!

Looks great. It's great that so many people contributed. Hope this gets posted on b.net

Falt said:
7000cR for 3, maybe 4 games of score attack. Crazy monies.

Yum. Love these Firefight Challenges based on score.

divisionbyzorro said:
Team Headhunter, yes.

And I love Stockpile as well. It's my favorite objective mode in Reach.

yea, that's what I meant, heh.

Stockpile is good, I like it, but it doesn't rock my world like Team Headhunter.

Great video, guys. Nice to see so many contributors. I finally got my JFO helmet, woohoo! The only other person on my FL who rocks it is vhfive, so I feel special!

2aj6nht.jpg

squidhands said:
Great video, guys. Nice to see so many contributors. I finally got my JFO helmet, woohoo! The only other person on my FL who rocks it is vhfive, so I feel special!

Ah, the Iron Man helmet. :lol

please say I'm not the only person who thinks it looks like that

Any tips on hitting 20k in Firefight? I figure Mythic Attack might be the best choice - I'm not nearly badass enough to be getting close to 30k on regular score attack like Ghal does (Brutes always dominate me), and I usually seem to top out at about 18k on something like Sniper Attack.

divisionbyzorro said:

Why do you think I'm sporting it? :D

oddworld18 said:
Any tips on hitting 20k in Firefight? I figure Mythic Attack might be the best choice - I'm not nearly badass enough to be getting close to 30k on regular score attack like Ghal does (Brutes always dominate me), and I usually seem to top out at about 18k on something like Sniper Attack.
Despite what you said, try Sniper Attack on Corvette and choose Armor Lock or Drop Shield. I routinely get over 20,000 points and I'm hardly a great player. You might even be able to pull off the One Game One Spawn on it as well, just switch to the pistol and let the Skirmishers come to you down one of the hallways.

squidhands said:
Sniper Attack on Corvette and choose Armor Lock or Drop Shield. I routinely get over 20,000 points and I'm hardly a great player. You might even be able to pull off the One Game One Spawn on it as well, just switch to the pistol and let the Skirmishers come to you down one of the hallways.

I haven't played any Score Attack modes since the last update; were they extended to a full set like Firefight was?

Jinjo

squidhands said:
Yeah, they give you more time (15mins) to complete a full set. On the smaller maps it's pretty easy to finish with time to spare now.

I'm sorry, but score attack isn't extended to a full set (3 rounds + bonus round). You are right about the time extension though, but it's still only one round.

The Iron Man-helmet should be rocked with the red + gold colour scheme if you really want to go for the full effect. :lol

Jinjo said:
I'm sorry, but score attack isn't extended to a full set (3 rounds + bonus round). You are right about the time extension though, but it's still only one round.

The Iron Man-helmet should be rocked with the red + gold colour scheme if you really want to go for the full effect. :lol
You're right, it's only one round. I think a full set would be a bit tedious all by your lonesome.

I actually did set my armour up with the Silver Centurion look after I took that picture, but bnet is slow to load up images. :lol

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
divisionbyzorro said:

I felt that way the moment I saw it and yes red+gold combo would be awesome with it.

vhfive

squidhands said:
internet high five

Mr. Sam

I wear the JFO helmet and the amount of Lt. Colonels who choose to wear something else both disturbs and pleases me. I'm special.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Played some Glacier yesterday by myself killing Grunts. Surprised by the uneven framerate - wouldn't want to experience four player proper FF on that map.

Jinjo

Mr. Sam said:
I wear the JFO helmet and the amount of Lt. Colonels who choose to wear something else both disturbs and pleases me. I'm special.

Personally, I like the final upgrade of EVA helmet.

24deq6o.jpg

Jinjo

Neuromancer said:
Can't really see, what's the deal? The visor thing on top?

Yeah, the final upgrade consists of the visor on top. And the uplink module on the side of the helmet too.

Jinjo

cuevas said:
I still think most armor sucks. The helmets are decent but pretty much everything else looks dumb, especially every shoulder in the game.

The chestplates also suck until you unlock the collar/breacher at Lt. Colonel. The one with the robot arm is even more awesome. But yeah, I kind of agree, although I do find that the higher you are in rank the more awesome the armor you get. I kept on changing my spartan almost every time I played. Now I do that whole lot less.

The problem with the shoulder pads is that none really integrate in the arm. They all just kind off float above it, atleast by the looks of it.

Ah I see, thanks.

I'm rocking all ODST gear except for my gimpy robot arm.

Robot arm ftw. ODST shoulderpads are pretty cool. Just replaced mine on the left arm with the CQC pad though. On the right I sport the ever awesome robot arm + that jetpack shoulder pad. It goes really well with the robot arm imo.

Saving up for the commando stuff now though. :D

chapel

Banned
I know most of you guys like the FF challenges, but tbh I don't. I prefer to play straight up mm and any general kill ones I do with mm kills. I may do the challenges to day since they are dead simple, but not a big fan.

Ramirez

electricpirate said:
You crazy, Headhunter is crazy awesome :).

What exactly is so awesome about it? Maybe if the skulls were colored, or there was just one static drop off location, but as it is, it's just a random mess. Stockpile is nothing more than seeing who can camp the others base better and throw flags out, which you can do in Headhunter too, just let people do all the work, and wait for them to come to the drop off. They're both great gametypes for griefers actually.

Also, why does Bungie always make KOTH suck complete donkey balls? MLG KOTH was one of the best gametypes in Halo 3, but all they ever implemented was this garbage where the hill moves every 30 seconds, usually by the time you get to the hill it's already moving again. The hill should be in a fixed rotation and should last at least a minute, two preferably. Being able to actually set up a defense around a hill is fun, as it is now you just get lucky with where the hill spawns. We played a Boardwalk match the other night where the hill spawned right on the other team, and then spawned directly behind them twice in a row after that, we didn't have a chance due to the size of the map and where we were respawning, so dumb.

Ramirez said:
What exactly is so awesome about it? Maybe if the skulls were colored, or there was just one static drop off location, but as it is, it's just a random mess. Stockpile is nothing more than seeing who can camp the others base better and throw flags out, which you can do in Headhunter too, just let people do all the work, and wait for them to come to the drop off. They're both great gametypes for griefers actually.

Also, why does Bungie always make KOTH suck complete donkey balls? MLG KOTH was one of the best gametypes in Halo 3, but all they ever implemented was this garbage where the hill moves every 30 seconds, usually by the time you get to the hill it's already moving again. The hill should be in a fixed rotation and should last at least a minute, two preferably. Being able to actually set up a defense around a hill is fun, as it is now you just get lucky with where the hill spawns. We played a Boardwalk match the other night where the hill spawned right on the other team, and then spawned directly behind them twice in a row after that, we didn't have a chance due to the size of the map and where we were respawning, so dumb.

Yeah hill and territories suck right now.

Its really too bad that it would take a whole 5 min to fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom