• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember R E A C H |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

GhaleonEB

Grrr. Been sucking in Score Attack today. Had to resort to Gruntpocalypse for the daily Challenge.

Just now I got through the Brute wave on Mythic Corvette, which is, um, brutal. And then get n00b combo'd by a pair of Skirmishers, overcharge + insta-dome by a Nerfle. :lol

GhaleonEB said:
Grrr. Been sucking in Score Attack today. Had to resort to Gruntpocalypse for the daily Challenge.

Just now I got through the Brute wave on Mythic Corvette, which is, um, brutal. And then get n00b combo'd by a pair of Skirmishers, overcharge + insta-dome by a Nerfle. :lol
Firefight Pro. Not approved by Dax in his Haloz.

Raide

GhaleonEB said:

I so wish we could Forge FireFight. :lol Grunts would be donging people all over the place.

Raide said:
I so wish we could Forge FireFight. :lol Grunts would be donging people all over the place.
Firefight Forge, plus Firefight configured to work on all multiplayer maps. Win. Win. Triple WIN. WINTROCITY.

Evidence: I have every Gears of War 2 multiplayer map pack, even though I've only played versus maybe a dozen times. Horde modes FTW.

NullPointer said:
Firefight Forge, plus Firefight configured to work on all multiplayer maps. Win. Win. Triple WIN. WINTROCITY.

Evidence: I have every Gears of War 2 multiplayer map pack, even though I've only played versus maybe a dozen times. Horde modes FTW.
Wait until Halo 4.

chapel

Banned
Domino Theory said:
Anyone have a comparison pic from yesterday's Challenge bar to today's?
It hasn't been updated today yet. I have a script that checks it every minute for a change. The last 3 days it has been changed from 9am - 12pm, but not today so far.

I am not gonna link to the twitter search thing again, if you want an easy way to tell if it has been updated, search #closer2commander on twitter.

Willeth

chapel said:
It hasn't been updated today yet. I have a script that checks it every minute for a change. The last 3 days it has been changed from 9am - 12pm, but not today so far.

I am not gonna link to the twitter search thing again, if you want an easy way to tell if it has been updated, search #closer2commander on twitter.
A recommendation for that - put a period before the @bungietweets. That way, people who don't follow Bungie will also get it.

chapel

Banned
Willeth said:
A recommendation for that - put a period before the @bungietweets. That way, people who don't follow Bungie will also get it.
Changed it to Bungie.net instead. Didn't think about that.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Anyone play HaloSphere?

Silly but immersive distraction. Love how battles play out RPG style.

hsphere.jpg

And the game summary is quite amusing.

Covenantkilla missed an opportunity
Slightly Live starts T-bagging
Covenantkilla picks up a Shotgun
Covenantkilla hizo algo que era realmente estupido y no inteligentes
Slightly Live starts T-bagging
Covenantkilla makes a run for it
Slightly Live knows where to go
Covenantkilla blames it on lag
Slightly Live had a good game

It's replicates the Live experience oh so well at times. :lol

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
What the hell is up with the Scientology ad I'm getting on the bottom of this page?

Kapura said:
Who got all of the dailies today? Kappy got all of the dailies today.
*raises fist*

After spending almost all my Cr on the JFO helmet last night, I was able to do well enough to buy the Collar/Breacher chest piece. I probably won't get the robotic arm; there's too many other things to get first.

I don't really even see the need for a playlist manager...

Just take what I say, take what Ram and vhfive say, mix that up a bit, then do the opposite of whatever Dax says.

See HaloGAF will do all the work for you, for FREE! (I want bonus credits into my account)

xxjuicesxx said:

Just take what I say, take what Ram and vhfive say, mix that up a bit, then do the opposite of whatever Dax says.

See HaloGAF will do all the work for you, for FREE! (I want bonus credits into my account)
You know what, that would make a great contest. Instead of having a group spotlight that focuses on maps or gametypes, do a "Playlist Manager for a Week", with a special hopper just for that. Make the group do a lengthy writeup on what everything is and how it will play, and bam. Fun for (almost) everyone. This would obviously require Bungie's final say on gametypes (nothing too outlandish or difficult to understand), but I think it could work.

chapel

Banned
squidhands said:
You know what, that would make a great contest. Instead of having a group spotlight that focuses on maps or gametypes, do a "Playlist Manager for a Week", with a special hopper just for that. Make the group do a lengthy writeup on what everything is and how it will play, and bam. Fun for (almost) everyone. This would obviously require Bungie's final say on gametypes (nothing too outlandish or difficult to understand), but I think it could work.
Actually that's a great idea. I would love something like that.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
xxjuicesxx said:

This is key

Squall said:
Nice, that's a good lineup of maps. Hopefully they'll have enough maps to support a hopper soon so I can try them. Don't tend to play custom games though I would with GAF if I'm on the console when you guys get on. Wonder how many maps Bungie will require for the hopper?

It's pretty good. It doesn't compare to v7 MLG for Halo 3 though. The Sanctuary gametypes are great. Countdown flag is really good. The Zealot gametypes are pretty good. And I don't really like Reflection at all. I hope Reflection gets taken out for v2 and I think that it might.

Tashi

LOL I was listening to the latest IGN Knockin Boots podcast
Don't hate, it's hilarious lol
Anyway, a listener wrote in and his name was Lars Bakken. It was pretty funny.

Tashi0106 said:
LOL I was listening to the latest IGN Knockin Boots podcast
Don't hate, it's hilarious lol
Anyway, a listener wrote in and his name was Lars Bakken. It was pretty funny.

Wait, IGN is still a website?

Tashi0106 said:
Ummmmmmm Sweep Sniping exists...I'll clip it out later. Pretty crazy

It absolutely does. I had to play a Snipes game recently and I was swiping my ass off to hit people (It was a laggy game)

The game has a much bigger shot window for sniper in H3.

D-Pad

Finally got myself a copy of the game after my sister took hers far far away from me. :( Gonna get back into SP tonight and unlock some armor parts!

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
ok, anywhere you can only get to with a jetpack seriously needs a soft killzone. shit is infuriating.

also, paridiso would be loads better if you couldnt scale the mountains.

FourDoor said:
LTTP and quoted for the new page.

Nice job on the video. I liked the tone of it all. What song was that btw?

Thanks. I'm glad you liked it...

The song is Saeglopur by Sigur Ros. The song is actually longer than the video I made by about two minutes.

Tashi

Fuuuuuuuuck

edit: Agro, MLG is going through a major website change so it's not letting us upload the awesome logo's you made. I submitted 2 tickets to try to get it done but I'm not sure when they'll accept the uploads.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Ramirez said:
Man, the bar didn't move much today, probably still looking at 4 or more days. -_-
Bungie is artificially holding back the bar. /conspiracy

But yeah I thought it was gonna be done 2 days from now, but it seems like it's gonna be longer.

Lazslo

"Team Totally Not Working on Uncharted 3 Right Now" :lol :lol :lol
Well played, Sir. Reminded of me the Kirkland Studio tour when Stinkles couldn't say they were working on H3 but it was so obvious.

Trasher

Lazslo said:
"Team Totally Not Working on Uncharted 3 Right Now" :lol :lol :lol
Well played, Sir. Reminded of me the Kirkland Studio tour when Stinkles couldn't say they were working on H3 but it was so obvious.
What is this post referring to? I'm lost. =/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom