• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember R E A C H |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ramirez said:
What exactly is so awesome about it? Maybe if the skulls were colored, or there was just one static drop off location, but as it is, it's just a random mess. Stockpile is nothing more than seeing who can camp the others base better and throw flags out, which you can do in Headhunter too, just let people do all the work, and wait for them to come to the drop off. They're both great gametypes for griefers actually.

Also, why does Bungie always make KOTH suck complete donkey balls? MLG KOTH was one of the best gametypes in Halo 3, but all they ever implemented was this garbage where the hill moves every 30 seconds, usually by the time you get to the hill it's already moving again. The hill should be in a fixed rotation and should last at least a minute, two preferably. Being able to actually set up a defense around a hill is fun, as it is now you just get lucky with where the hill spawns. We played a Boardwalk match the other night where the hill spawned right on the other team, and then spawned directly behind them twice in a row after that, we didn't have a chance due to the size of the map and where we were respawning, so dumb.
wacky and random gameplay bro. get used to it.

why does team objective start with AR's? just because it's not team slayer doesn't mean you should be gimped from the beginning with a stupid AR

Ramirez said:
What exactly is so awesome about it? Maybe if the skulls were colored, or there was just one static drop off location, but as it is, it's just a random mess. Stockpile is nothing more than seeing who can camp the others base better and throw flags out, which you can do in Headhunter too, just let people do all the work, and wait for them to come to the drop off. They're both great gametypes for griefers actually.

Also, why does Bungie always make KOTH suck complete donkey balls? MLG KOTH was one of the best gametypes in Halo 3, but all they ever implemented was this garbage where the hill moves every 30 seconds, usually by the time you get to the hill it's already moving again. The hill should be in a fixed rotation and should last at least a minute, two preferably. Being able to actually set up a defense around a hill is fun, as it is now you just get lucky with where the hill spawns. We played a Boardwalk match the other night where the hill spawned right on the other team, and then spawned directly behind them twice in a row after that, we didn't have a chance due to the size of the map and where we were respawning, so dumb.
Yeah, sequential hill was always one of my favorite gametypes for asymmetrical maps. I really hope Bungie can fix it soon. :-(

vhfive

Ramirez said:

b-b-but then it wouldn't be CRAAAAZY

Ramirez said:

Static capture points would just mean static camping of the spots where you cap em. I guess if you wanted a competitive mode you would need to put them on a set rotation (Not sure if that's broken like KoTH set rotations right now).

I just really like the way a head hunter game is paced, two teams square off, you get a lot of initial skirmishes, and quick caps of low scoring skulls, as the game draws out the skull counts get bigger and bigger, and by the end you are trying to coordinate your team to drop that guy carrying 8 skulls as he sprints down a corridor.

Objectives and high value targets change really quickly, so you have to be constantly communicating about the paths the skull carriers are taking to get wins, but the scoring nature means that you can still have fun even if you are playing with randoms.

Plus, watching a guy yard sale 7 flaming skulls all over the grass is endlessly entertaining.

In terms of Stockpile, isn't that basically the strategy of every CTF game? Camp their base, and throw flags out to a runner in yours.

The lack of set rotations, and some of the hill locations leave something to be desired for KoTH, I agree there, but I like the short time, and all the movement that 30 secs requires, especially with sprint in the mix.

Definitely agree with Ram about the KoTH times. Bungie seem really fond of the 30 second move times. This happened in H2 and H3 as well. It's not cool, it needs to be at least a minute to allow players to get across the map and get some time in the hill, and to reduce the dependence on the RNG gods (since you get so little time before it moves, a lucky spawn can make a huge difference).

Is it really surprising that KoTH isn't that popular when the only time most players will experience it is in MM and filled with Hill Contro- HILL MOVED?

Ramirez

CTF on Countdown needs to be flag at home for all of the different variants as well. I've had two games on there lately, one lasting 1:07 and the other 1:19, that shouldn't happen.

Ramirez said:
CTF on Countdown needs to be flag at home for all of the different variants as well. I've had two games on there lately, one lasting 1:07 and the other 1:19, that shouldn't happen.

Yeah I rarely play Team Objective except with friends and the one time we got that combo we won in about 60 seconds.

Willeth

Ramirez said:
Assault is hilarious on Countdown. I kinda don't want people to wise up to it.

Dax01 said:
Huh? Team Slayer is mostly DMR starts/Pro gametypes. Annoying to say the least.

Yeah this was driving me nuts earlier this week when I was in a pretty bad slump, I was getting extra destroyed in all the DMR/Pro matches. Thankfully I finally turned things around last night and was doing well even in those matches.

I'm sorry, but pistols and grenades in Team snipers is so dumb.

At least take the damn pistol out. People throw a grenade and pistol you the rest of the time. It's not Team Slayer, bro. Use the Long rifle plz.

FourDoor

UltimaPooh said:
Hey HaloGAF here is that Spirit Day slideshow that Sai was gonna make but I took over because he was busy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMX6aQzWNEw

A lot of the work was done by Sai organizing the pictures by name. I simply just put them into iMovie. Anyone who submitted more than 2 good pictures got at least 2 in the video.

Enjoy!

LTTP and quoted for the new page.

Nice job on the video. I liked the tone of it all. What song was that btw?

DancingJesus said:
Multi-team brah.
Multi-team is pretty much a clusterfuck on small maps like Reflection, Pinnacle, and Asylum. Not the experience I have in mind and would like to have when I want to play a traditional game of Team Slayer.

Bungie needs to take out Slayer Pro out of Team Slayer, and heavily reduce the weighting (or remove completely) Team Slayer DMRs.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Major Williams said:
I'm sorry, but pistols and grenades in Team snipers is so dumb.

At least take the damn pistol out. People throw a grenade and pistol you the rest of the time. It's not Team Slayer, bro. Use the Long rifle plz.

please no. if i get stuck in a snipers game, the pistol is my only chance of fun :(

op_ivy said:
please no. if i get stuck in a snipers game, the pistol is my only chance of fun :(

But in the team snipers playlist? Then you know exactly what you are getting into.

In Multi team, or BTB, by all means, Team sniper that bitch up!

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
electricpirate said:
But in the team snipers playlist? Then you know exactly what you are getting into.

In Multi team, or BTB, by all means, Team sniper that bitch up!

i wouldnt be caught dead in that playlist

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Dax01 said:
Multi-team is pretty much a clusterfuck on small maps like Reflection, Pinnacle, and Asylum. Not the experience I have in mind and would like to have when I want to play a traditional game of Team Slayer.

Bungie needs to take out Slayer Pro out of Team Slayer, and heavily reduce the weighting (or remove completely) Team Slayer DMRs.
I lol'd

Dax01 said:
When I think of multi-team, I think of needlers, armor lock, and plasma grenades.

Self Induced said:
When I think of multi-team, I think of needlers, armor lock, and plasma grenades.

That's funny...when I think of multi-team, I think of randoms, one-man teams, and terrible games of rocket race. Has anyone noticed that slayer games seem to be coming up less frequently in multi-team? Did they re-weight things or am I just letting a few recent experiences cloud my understanding of the playlist as a whole?

Jinjo

Bregmann Roche said:
That's funny...when I think of multi-team, I think of randoms, one-man teams, and terrible games of rocket race. Has anyone noticed that slayer games seem to be coming up less frequently in multi-team? Did they re-weight things or am I just letting a few recent experiences cloud my understanding of the playlist as a whole?

Not so much rocket race, but Oddball, Headhunter & KOTH? Very much so. Multi-team is pretty fun at times though. You always get some pretty close matches. Last game we were about 5th or so and the first team was at 49 kills. I pick up the shotgun in the final seconds and start to clean house with it and get a triple kill or something. Bam, we're joint second. :lol

At times it get very frustrating though to get raped in the back every single time. And let's not start about the 'nades. Goddamn everywhere. You enter the hill and the moment you're in you hear about 4 or 5 clinging noises and go like: "Oh. Fuck.":lol

Yeah, multi-team is just something you do when you want chaos everywhere at all times.

Or just want to stand back and pick off the leftovers. :lol

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Squall ASF said:
We all know that this will be fixed once they create the MLG hopper. How many maps has MLG modified thus far?
Currently there are 3 stock maps that have been tweaked. Asylum was dropped and a superior remake of Sanctuary was forged. The 3 other maps are Zealot, Countdown and Reflection. I see v2 version having original forge maps.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Tashi0106 said:
Currently there are 3 stock maps that have been tweaked. Asylum was dropped and a superior remake of Sanctuary was forged. The 3 other maps are Zealot, Countdown and Reflection. I see v2 version having original forge maps.

When MLG playlist makes its debut I'll probably come back to Halo, people tend to actually want to play in that playlist. Quitters ruin this game for me, it's way worse than 3 was.

Alienshogun said:
When MLG playlist makes its debut I'll probably come back to Halo, people tend to actually want to play in that playlist. Quitters ruin this game for me, it's way worse than 3 was.

I think Objective right now is ridiculous with the quitters, which is why there no one playing it. When a team loses 1 round someone quits and that just leads to more and more quits. That's why I don't play the playlist anymore even though it was my favorite competitive playlist in halo 3 (which never had that many people quit)...

Kuroyume

Banned
Headhunter is the worst. I thought I would be able to escape it by staying out of Rumble Pit but then they HAD to create the team variant... :(

Totally disagree about Stockpile. It's a ton of fun and much less about randomness like Headhunter and Oddball. That said I don't think I've played it yet since the game was released. Admittedly, I haven't spent that much time in Objective but when I did it was never voted. :( I'll probably be disappointed by it now because they got rid of flag throwing.

The two things that have disappointed me the most in Reach are the pistol nerf and the removal of flag throwing. Removing flag throwing has kind of ruined CTF for me.

Kapura said:
Who got all of the dailies today? Kappy got all of the dailies today.
Neuromancer is certainly going to give it his best shot although he's been known to get killed by an errant fuel rod round in Gruntpoclpse before.

zumphry

Banned
Really shitty day, and then I see that the dailies are all firefight, and that the headshot one will help me get close, if not at, Long Shot: Gold in Firefight commendations.

<3 Bungie

Tashi0106 said:

Nice, that's a good lineup of maps. Hopefully they'll have enough maps to support a hopper soon so I can try them. Don't tend to play custom games though I would with GAF if I'm on the console when you guys get on. Wonder how many maps Bungie will require for the hopper?

Willeth

What do I win?

2E6aBl.jpg

chess

Need more Haloz!

I'm still 43K from Captain and have only done 27 DC's. I wish halo was around way back when I had no life/responsibilities!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom