• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember R E A C H |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

GhaleonEB

Campaign complaint: it was a very bad decision to kill the player when a civilian dies at their hand.

I was working on getting the Flawless Cowboy commendation, beating Campaign missions on Heroic without dying. I'm just over halfway through Exodus, engaging at range, being very careful, working through hectic encounters methodically. I wean a large encounter down to one last Brute, and throw a long sticky grenade at a him, perched on a high catwalk. I don't toss it quite far enough. It bounced on the edge and falls down, where this lady walks over to it like it's a kitten or something. She dies.

I die because she died.

I am sad and angry because I was punished for her bad A.I., and feel like I wasted half an hour. Bad, bad design decision. This was the kind of stuff the previous Halo's knew not to do. There are many of those kind of decisions in the Reach campaign.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Generic said:
I've been lurking around for a while now, but I never really figured it out: Why does everyone seem to hate Dax?
Dax is/was vocal about the way he prefers to play the game in a way that caused him to bump heads with some of the competitive players of GAF, (e.g. He preferred ARs to BRs in H3 for combat.) This would cause HaloGAF's former Top Dino EazyB to constantly lambast him, also Juices.

Dark FaZe said:
I don't think I'll ever fully understand the mindset of the Halo community. The amount of people playing Zombies and SWAT...it's just stunning.
SWAT wouldn't be so terrible if the heashot hitbox wasn't so goddamn HUGE.

Dark FaZe said:
I don't think I'll ever fully understand the mindset of the Halo community. The amount of people playing Zombies and SWAT...it's just stunning.
People just like to kill things. It's simple and doesn't require much.

It's a shame if you ask me. Halo is really fantastic in objective games.

GhaleonEB

Dark FaZe said:
They're instant gratification playlists. Spot someone, pull trigger, get kill, bam. Some people want a chance of pace, some just like to go get quick headshots. Variety is gud.
Sai-kun said:
That's Lars. :p

Hi, BTW. Firefight rocks. Legendary, please. :D

Random plug: next post in the Forge blog.

I'm actually apprehensive to get Crossroads all caught up since I don't have a map #2 anywhere in good shape. Just a basic Idea I've been sitting on for a week.

GhaleonEB said:
They're instant gratification playlists. Spot someone, pull trigger, get kill, bam. Some people want a chance of pace, some just like to go get quick headshots.

I have heard of this contemporary game that is based around quick headshots and hiding in corners...

Striker

Dark FaZe said:
Well, for SWAT, it's people wanting the easy way of killing people, ala CoD. Same people who camp with Rockets, Shotgun, Sword or use AR.

Veelk

Banned
Plywood said:
Dax is/was vocal about the way he prefers to play the game in a way that caused him to bump heads with some of the competitive players of GAF, (e.g. He preferred ARs to BRs in H3 for combat.) This would cause HaloGAF's former Top Dino EazyB to constantly lambast him, also Juices.
Ah. So that's the story behind that. I was always wondering. Thanks.

Sai-kun

Banned
GhaleonEB said:
They're instant gratification playlists. Spot someone, pull trigger, get kill, bam. Some people want a chance of pace, some just like to go get quick headshots.

I'm not *that* stupid, man :p I kinda figured! I'd just never seen him post.

Striker said:
Well, for SWAT, it's people wanting the easy way of killing people, ala CoD. Same people who camp with Rockets, Shotgun, Sword or use AR.

Yes because your opponent has to 4 shot you before you can one shot them. Plese, if you want unfair kills go to Living Dead. SWAT is just as hard as it is easy (You didn't get a 50 in it in H3)

GhaleonEB said:
Campaign complaint: it was a very bad decision to kill the player when a civilian dies at their hand.

I was working on getting the Flawless Cowboy commendation, beating Campaign missions on Heroic without dying. I'm just over halfway through Exodus, engaging at range, being very careful, working through hectic encounters methodically. I wean a large encounter down to one last Brute, and throw a long sticky grenade at a him, perched on a high catwalk. I don't toss it quite far enough. It bounced on the edge and falls down, where this lady walks over to it like it's a kitten or something. She dies.

I die because she died.

I am sad and angry because I was punished for her bad A.I., and feel like I wasted half an hour. Bad, bad design decision. This was the kind of stuff the previous Halo's knew not to do. There are many of those kind of decisions in the Reach campaign.
=(

There is a much easier way to spam Flawless Cowboy if you have no shame....

Striker

xxjuicesxx said:
Yes because your opponent has to 4 shot you before you can one shot them. Plese, if you want unfair kills go to Living Dead. SWAT is just as hard as it is easy (You didn't get a 50 in it in H3)
Halo 3 SWAT was wretched and filled with Elites and their putrid headshot boxes.

Living Dead Playlist should be renamed Actionsack and just have all the silly games go in there (where's Juggernaut?).

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
Grimm Fandango said:
Methinks you haven't been lurking around enough.

He's just our whipping boy.

I've always thought of him as HaloGAF's Tribble.

images.jpg

GhaleonEB

Neuromancer said:
=(

There is a much easier way to spam Flawless Cowboy if you have no shame....
Nah. I think of stuff like Commendations and Challenges as little motivators to play differently. I wanted to see if I could do the level without dying. I did it on Legendary on the first mission for one of the Challenges a ways back, thought I might as well try it on all the levels on Heroic. But I think those NPCs will prevent me from doing it: I don't even want to try with them around; it was a very frustrating death. I haven't had something that unfair happen since, well the last time I played Exodus and got beaned by the psychic Wraith over and over.

I'll give it a shot on ONI next. Love that mission. Plus, no civilians to leap on my grenades.
Trasher said:
So Ghaleon, when you kill a civilian in campaign it kills you? Didn't know that. That's ridiculous.
Yup. A little message pops up about killing citizens, and you die as if you just took a headshot.

KevinRo

Trasher said:
So Ghaleon, when you kill a civilian in campaign it kills you? Didn't know that. That's ridiculous.

The noble team goes crazy and fucks you up.

First time I played Reach I decided to just Virginia Tech it up and kill all the civilians Jorge was talking to.

Bad idea.

Leotarius

Hey guys I've posted a few updates to hyperlethal.net, the most notable being the "PlayBook." Go give it a read if you are at all into being competitive on Halo or similar titles.

But back to the Halo discussion. I am really finding it bothersome being an Elite on Invasion Slayer in the first tier. There is just no counter to the human pistol early on. I would suggest a class called "Heretic" with a plasma repeater and human pistol secondary to even the field.

Circle T

I wish there was a way that the forum could spoiler-tag the quoted posts of people you have on ignore, since putting them on ignore only works until they get quoted, and then its all in the clear again.

KevinRo

Calm down, I'm half-korean. You guys get so butthurt over anything. Ontop that, having transferred from VTech imagine being Asian going there for 2 semesters, so yeah, I can handle a joke, can you?

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
KevinRo said:
Calm down, I'm half-korean. You guys get so butthurt over anything. Ontop that, having transferred from VTech imagine being Asian going there for 2 semesters, so yeah, I can handle a joke, can you?

i take it you role play your favourite school shootings every time you get the chance you sick fuck

Smokey

KevinRo said:

First time I played Reach I decided to just Virginia Tech it up and kill all the civilians Jorge was talking to.

holy
shit

KevinRo said:

That shit's not funny you dumbfuck.

I bet if you had a brother or sister who was killed during that incident you wouldn't think it's a joke would you

wwm0nkey

KevinRo said:
Who cares if your asian? You dont joke about that shit.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
Reminds me of my friends back in Halo 2 on Lockout. They would get a double kill then shout "Chris Benoit!" and jump off the map, committing suicide.

NOKYARD

GhaleonEB said:
Random plug: next post in the Forge blog.

I'm actually apprehensive to get Crossroads all caught up since I don't have a map #2 anywhere in good shape. Just a basic Idea I've been sitting on for a week.
Something i conjured up in forge tonight (this morning) while working on a new type of mini-game.

Ramirez

Someone signal Bish, time to take out the trash. :D

Finished up the weekly challenge tonight, and went over 600 wins, feels good man.

Gui_PT

More than a Handful - 1250cR

Kill 125 enemies in multiplayer Matchmaking.

Covenant-cide - 500cR

Kill 60 enemies in Firefight Matchmaking.

A Side of Huevos - 1500cR

Kill 40 enemies with Sniper Rifle headshots in Nightfall on Normal.

The House of Blue Leaves - 3000cR

Kill 111 enemies in a single Firefight Matchmaking game on Heroic.

zlatko

Banned
KevinRo said:

Bad idea.
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom