• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember R E A C H |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZROCOOL

aka II VerTigo II
Sorry to bring this up here but does anyone have a 48hr code they could spare? Most get some halo on my day off,being low on money sucks..

Mr. Sam

ZROCOOL said:
Sorry to bring this up here but does anyone have a 48hr code they could spare? Most get some halo on my day off,being low on money sucks..

I'd help but I just burned through all my spares before finally giving in and buying 3 months live.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Gui_PT said:
A Side of Huevos - 1500cR

Kill 40 enemies with Sniper Rifle headshots in Nightfall on Normal.
Bungie has caught on to our exploiting ways and just made it official at this point. :lol

lybertyboy said:
I've always thought of him as HaloGAF's Tribble.

images.jpg
haha

Edit: What Firefight gametype has 111 enemies?

GhaleonEB said:
Campaign complaint: it was a very bad decision to kill the player when a civilian dies at their hand.

I was working on getting the Flawless Cowboy commendation, beating Campaign missions on Heroic without dying. I'm just over halfway through Exodus, engaging at range, being very careful, working through hectic encounters methodically. I wean a large encounter down to one last Brute, and throw a long sticky grenade at a him, perched on a high catwalk. I don't toss it quite far enough. It bounced on the edge and falls down, where this lady walks over to it like it's a kitten or something. She dies.

I die because she died.

I am sad and angry because I was punished for her bad A.I., and feel like I wasted half an hour. Bad, bad design decision. This was the kind of stuff the previous Halo's knew not to do. There are many of those kind of decisions in the Reach campaign.
I don't like it either. It's stupid that you can't save the first civvie that the Brute is waving around like a limp noodle in Exodus, yet if you try and attack the Brute while he/she(?) is still alive, you get killed. Boo.

Dax01 said:
haha

Edit: What Firefight gametype has 111 enemies?
Gruntpocalypse has 120.

squidhands said:
I don't like it either. It's stupid that you can't save the first civvie that the Brute is waving around like a limp noodle in Exodus, yet if you try and attack the Brute while he/she(?) is still alive, you get killed. Boo.

I think you can save that first one with good aim and luck. I seem to remember pulling it off once.

Kind of risky though because if you miss, the game is going to kill you for trying to be a hero. Pretty bad design decision, but at least it's not as bad as the Cortana moments from H3!

Man, I love Nightfall. So many different ways to approach an encounter. And I just figured out an easier to take out the first gold Elite in the level. For that particular encounter, I took the side building and was alternating fire between my sniper rifle and my pistol, and I accidentally hit a flammable tank that I didn't know was there. I see a fire leaking out of it, and think, "Oh. Well, now I just gotta wait for the right time..." Next thing you know, there's an explosion, and the gold Elite is dead.

Photolysis said:
I think you can save that first one with good aim and luck. I seem to remember pulling it off once.

Kind of risky though because if you miss, the game is going to kill you for trying to be a hero. Pretty bad design decision, but at least it's not as bad as the Cortana moments from H3!
Well, I have neither of those. :lol

ugh, I'd take a thousand hundred ten Libraries over the Cortana level. Although I got to go all Hank Scorpio with the flamethrower on some Flood, it was the only thing remotely fun about it.

I don't mind the civilians decision in the least, and it's never been an issue (I saw a friend die once in co-op, but they shot the civvy on purpose). You can save multiple people on Exodus by shooting the Brutes holding them.

Littleberu said:
Would like to know. Is it from Halo 2? It sounded like it was.
Marty asked over Twitter if somebody wants the trailer music. So I guess that the song is a new one.

I'll do the challenges today, but the rest of the Weekend I'll play Laggy Of War 2. That I can finally reach Lvl. 100 in the game. So now Weekly Challenge for me :(

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Louis Wu said:
I'd love to read it... but it seems like FUD's down. :(

Edit: nm, seems fine now. (Was definitely unreachable for several minutes at least when I posted this...)

Our host is still cranky but has improved significantly in the last few months. Apologies for the downtime.

Louis Wu said:
I figured I'd post this here for the folks who don't visit HBO - our headshot contest has entered its public voting phase, and we need your help!

There are 15 clips (10-30 seconds each) in the running - you pick your favorite 3. Winner gets a Reach console!

http://halo.bungie.org/misc/headshot_voting/

Noice.

There was a clip in there a lot like the one I submitted, where a guy gets sniped out of a mongoose. The only difference is that in his clip the mongoose is rolling and flipping around all sweet like, whereas in mine, the 'goose is just hitting a jump. I gave him my 1 pick because of it :p.

Louis Wu

electricpirate said:
Noice.

There was a clip in there a lot like the one I submitted, where a guy gets sniped out of a mongoose. The only difference is that in his clip the mongoose is rolling and flipping around all sweet like, whereas in mine, the 'goose is just hitting a jump. I gave him my 1 pick because of it :p.
:lol :lol

(There were lots of similar clips - not similar to that one, but similar to other submissions. Turned out to be a LOT harder to narrow down the field than I'd thought. There were a few (you could count them on one hand, and still have fingers left over) that got votes from EVERY judge - but lots of clips were picked by some judges, and passed over for nearly identical clips by other judges. The fifteen that are left are all pretty different (well, mostly) - I'm hoping for a lively contest.)

feel

Lars reads HaloGaf? Awesome.

I LOVE FIREFIGHT!! :D

Thanks for the awesome job on it.

And I distinctly remember starting my halogaf career on the wrong foot by saying Dax was awesome right on my first post. Dude was and still is awesome though.

Letters said:
Lars reads HaloGaf? Awesome.

I LOVE FIREFIGHT!! :D

Thanks for the awesome job on it.
Hear hear. Firefight is by far my go-to mode, I pretty much play it every day. That said, I'd love to see some kind of matchmaking for doubles or private party some day, and definately more maps. Keep up the good work!

Genesis Knight said:
I miss Action Sack. :(

Agreed. The Armor Abilities and stronger Forge palette could make for some incredible new ideas.
But really, all I want is Sumo 2.0
:lol

On another note, the first six missions have fallen on Solo Legendary! Exodus was the hardest so far; finding enough Needlers to dispatch squads of brutes turned out to be tricky, forcing a number of less-than-ideal encounters. The finale was sadly boring, as I quickly dispatched the Wraiths with my PP and ended up taking about twenty minutes slowly isolating and picking off all of the Brutes one-by-one with a DMR. Oh what I would have given to have had a Needle Rifle...

LosDaddie

Banned
I like the challenges today. But I just looked at my Game History and noticed that Sniper Attack varies on the number of enemies I've killed. Last night my Sniper Attack game had 112 enemies, yet my SA games on Wedn. and Tues. had 108 and 109 enemies.

Why is that?

Dark FaZe said:
I don't think I'll ever fully understand the mindset of the Halo community. The amount of people playing Zombies and SWAT...it's just stunning.

Yeah, I think SWAT is the second-most popular playlist behing Team Slayer.

Why? IMO, SWAT just turns Halo into CoD. If I want to play CoD, I'll play CoD.

StUnNeR H2K

MrBig said:

I've been following it for awhile... Seems like it could be something of importance, but hard to tell. One of the images changed last night to point out a specific object in the image. It's for sure the CFHT on the top of Mauna Kea Hawaii, which does have some ties to Halo in that a DVD released from their used the Halo soundtrack. (LINK HERE)

Here is the post I made this morning on b.net... a few others are following the cams HERE.

myself from b.net said:
...Yesterday I made an educated guess that this was on Mauna Kea in Hawaii. Some evidence to prove this a bit more...

Here is a link to the location in google maps -> HERE

Here is a few pictures pointing out each of the buildings in the webcam (lower left corner).
MAUNA KEA SW IMAGE
MAUNA KEA NW IMAGE
MAUNA KEA EAST IMAGE

Information on the Mauna Kea Observatory can be found HERE, along with all the images I used for comparison.

Neuromancer said:
Hear hear. Firefight is by far my go-to mode, I pretty much play it every day. That said, I'd love to see some kind of matchmaking for doubles or private party some day, and definately more maps. Keep up the good work!
Score Attack is my drug of choice, without a doubt. Hats off to you Larz, you're a fine chemist of Halocrack. When are we going to see Vs. mode?*

*-"soon" is not an answer.

electricpirate said:
Noice.

Can someone explain what's so special about 14?

GhaleonEB

squidhands said:
Score Attack is my drug of choice, without a doubt. Hats off to you Larz, you're a fine chemist of Halocrack. When are we going to see Vs. mode?*

*-"soon" is not an answer.
Same. Though my skillz seem to have taken a dive this week.

So, what's the best map to get the 111 kills on Score Attack for the Challenge today? It requires that none of the Covenant kill themselves, which they do ritualistically. I just did Beahhead and landed 100 kills even; I think a lot of Brutes blew themselves up. :lol

Raide

GhaleonEB said:

So, what's the best map to get the 111 kills on Score Attack for the Challenge today? It requires that none of the Covenant kill themselves, which they do ritualistically. I just did Beahhead and landed 100 kills even; I think a lot of Brutes blew themselves up. :lol

Courtyard or Beachhead maybe?

GhaleonEB said:

Hm I didn't think about this one. May have to do it in Firefight Matchmaking then, with a bunch of randoms. =\

GhaleonEB

mittelos said:
I would say Beachhead or Courtyard. I did it on Beachhead- Gruntpocalypse though. :lol
Ah, that might be the trick. It's the Brutes that tend to nuke themselves and each other when I play. Pretty sure one of them got a triple kill just now by tossing a grenade that clipped the ledge in front of him, blowing up the entire squad, himself included, before I'd put shots on any of them.
DJ Lushious said:
Gruntpocalypse, in my opinion, offers the most fun and guarantee of hitting these MatchMaking kill counts. Each Gruntpocaplypse round lasts for 120 grunts.

And I'll never tire of hearing "Yyyaaayyy!!!," coupled with confetti...
One of the greatest additions to Halo. I wish it was always on.

GhaleonEB said:
Ah, that might be the trick. It's the Brutes that tend to nuke themselves and each other when I play. Pretty sure one of them got a triple kill just now by tossing a grenade that clipped the ledge in front of him, blowing up the entire squad, himself included, before I'd put shots on any of them.
Gruntpocalypse, in my opinion, offers the most fun and guarantee of hitting these MatchMaking kill counts. Each Gruntpocaplypse round lasts for 120 grunts.

And I'll never tire of hearing "Yyyaaayyy!!!," coupled with confetti...

Raiden said:
Just do some rocketfight, it is so easy to get 111+ kills then.
Yeah if I can get the random scrots I'm playing with to pick rocketfight. :lol

I thought it'd be a no-brainer all the time, but I am always sadly mistaken.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom