• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember R E A C H |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrBig

Neuromancer said:
Yeah if I can get the random scrots I'm playing with to pick rocketfight. :lol

I thought it'd be a no-brainer all the time, but I am always sadly mistaken.
Just be the first to vote, they usually, do the same as the first person and I've been able to get rocket fight every time i tried.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Generic said:
I've been lurking around for a while now, but I never really figured it out: Why does everyone seem to hate Dax?

Because he's a bro, in college, and he doesn't dig chicks, OR dudes. He'd rape anything with a hole.

GhaleonEB said:
Same. Though my skillz seem to have taken a dive this week.

So, what's the best map to get the 111 kills on Score Attack for the Challenge today? It requires that none of the Covenant kill themselves, which they do ritualistically. I just did Beahhead and landed 100 kills even; I think a lot of Brutes blew themselves up. :lol

I killed all but one Grunt for yesterday's challenge on Corvette (I guess the other one got betrayed, lol). If you catch them before they get past the middle of the map, it's really easy.

MrBig

So yeah, the cap will probably be coming off this weekend.
Urk, be sure to put another graph in todays update showing how many people are butthurt at max rank and then put one up next week showing where everyone is actually at.
I think I'm at Commander grade 1.

Ramirez

wwm0nkey said:
I LOVED Burial Grounds for CTF and Assault!

Map was good, it had some definite problems with offense getting camped at times though. That was mainly due to how the weapons wouldn't respawn in Halo 2 though, so if they got both snipes it was pretty much lights out...

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
wwm0nkey said:
I LOVED Burial Grounds for CTF and Assault!

This.

So many memories slowly making my way back while doing the bomb hop trying to shave off any time whatsoever, BR fire peppering me all the way. :D

Azar

I hated Burial Mounds early days in Halo 2 because we played it so many times for CTF and assault before the first map pack hit. Once it wasn't weighted so high in the rotation, it was fun times, except when an enemy team was good enough to spawn camp you on offense. Then it was utterly hopeless.

Question time.

Had a pretty decent snipe in a game but the moment is right around 19.5 seconds. Basically to see the snipe again you have to rewind 10 seconds. I've tried splicing the clip many ways but the actual moment always happens at 9.5 seconds. "Processing" just fills the moment before I record so if I recorded at 5 seconds prior to the moment, "Processing" goes until 5 seconds.

Tried to explain it the best I can but is there no way to isolate the moment so I don't have to fastforward the 9 seconds to get to it?

Raide

Got my first Showstopper Medal. :lol Threw a random grenade at a wall while in a tight spot, suddenly got the assassination animation kick in, Showstopper! I was cheering like a mad man. :D

Also, does a player need to have no shields or low health in order for the Protector medal to pop up?

feel

LosDaddie said:
I like the challenges today. But I just looked at my Game History and noticed that Sniper Attack varies on the number of enemies I've killed. Last night my Sniper Attack game had 112 enemies, yet my SA games on Wedn. and Tues. had 108 and 109 enemies.

Why is that?
Most likely betrayals amongst the covenant. I've had my fair share of kills stolen by a random flying methane tank out of nowhere.

Thing was, since defense got that ghost, they were able to get that second snipe about 3 times out of 4, just made the map so defensively biased. I also just hated all the approaches to the base, and felt like the entire "ribs" section/left half was kind of boring.

It and Gemini were the two maps that I just detested in Halo 2.

Out for curiosity, what would people like from a "Forge World 2.0"? What new features that are realistic, what objects, what environment, etc?

I hope we do get something that really will add to the diversity of the game and forge eventually.

Demoncarnotaur said:
Out for curiosity, what would people like from a "Forge World 2.0"? What new features that are realistic, what objects, what environment, etc?

I hope we do get something that really will add to the diversity of the game and forge eventually.
What I want I'll never get- using Forge to create single player or co-op missions against the AI, or Firefight. =(

StUnNeR H2K

Demoncarnotaur said:

Option to change the texture on objects or a variety in the theme...

GhaleonEB

Demoncarnotaur said:

My primary wish is for an epic canvas map, rather than several fully developed maps stitched together. The only true canvas ares on Forge World are the Colosseum, the grassy nook the Sanctuary remake is set, and the sky (which is where I built my map). The Gulch, the island and the surrounding hills all have the geometry detailed with rocks, logs and such that make them very inflexible spaces. (It took me two weeks to settle on a location for map #2 because I wanted a symmetric BTB space.) I was hoping for something like Sandbox's basin, writ large.

Wish #2 is for a set of smooth, rounded terrain objects to create undulating terrain with. Something like the golf cup, upside down, but larger and prettier. With that, Forge would have a faux terrain editor.

MrBig

Demoncarnotaur said:

I city would be what I'd really like to see. A space for Headlong that would be the main building area with mostly flat dirt as the ground, smaller space for turf with a street-like and completely flat ground, and then a new area that could be a park or something. In the style of New Alexandria. I would fap to that.

Also blocks of grass/dirt that you can place.

Raide

Demoncarnotaur said:

Human style objects and buildings. (please, some curved objects for ramps and bridges etc)
Covenant style objects and buildings.
More decorative bits.
Snow map.
Space Map.
More Man-cannons!!!
Undo-button.
FireFightForge!

Demoncarnotaur said:

I don't think I want a "world" any more. FW as it is offers a lot less than I initially thought it would: It's incredibly difficult to find good places to build symmetrical spaces using the natural terrain, and I think the sheer size of the map is one of the contributing factors of the massive framerate issues that detailed user maps are having.

If I could have something that's still based on how we've operated in forge, I'd love to have more of a blank slate, with more natural features to choose from in the forge palette. We now have rocks (which are awesome), so I'd love to see the inclusion of hills and trees. It would be great to throw in some pieces that look destroyed like walls and even the Warthog shell that we see so much of in the campaign.

I'd also loooove to have different skins for the forge pieces that could be chosen from under the 'game settings' submenu. Forerunner, Human, Covenant, etc; simple skins (I can honestly do without all of the textures, as incredible-looking as they are) that could be pasted over the blank slate of the basic shapes of the forge pieces. Maybe even make some shapes that are unique to the style you choose (like curved pieces for Covenant).

Keep in mind that I have no concept of how difficult this would be to implement, but it's my wish list. :lol

I will say that despite the limits of Forge World, I do love forging on it. It makes H3 forge seem like a really bad dream.

Demoncarnotaur said:

Realistic
  1. Object grouping (move as group, rotate as group)
  2. Copy/paste
  3. Swappable object textures
  4. Object resizing (not exactly sure just how realistic this is, but it would be awesome).

Unrealistic
Has anyone ever played TimeSplitters 2? Have you played around with the custom map editor and the scripting ability that came with it? I would kill for a scripting engine to be built into Forge to allow for superior map interactivity and gametype creation. The TS2 scripter basically worked on a Trigger -> Action system. Triggers would be things like "player gets a kill," "player enters space," "timer reaches zero," etc. Actions would modify player properties, map properties, variables, etc. The things you could do with your maps and gametypes would expand a hundredfold!

It's nice to want things...

Speaking of which, started my new map on my lunch break, it extends from the beach up to alaska. Much more based around structures this time, so it's a new challenge. Woo :)

divisionbyzorro said:
Unrealistic
Has anyone ever played TimeSplitters 2? Have you played around with the custom map editor and the scripting ability that came with it? I would kill for a scripting engine to be built into Forge to allow for superior map interactivity and gametype creation. The TS2 scripter basically worked on a Trigger -> Action system. Triggers would be things like "player gets a kill," "player enters space," "timer reaches zero," etc. Actions would modify player properties, map properties, variables, etc. The things you could do with your maps and gametypes would expand a hundredfold!

Yes yes yes yes YES YES YES!

Timesplitters 2 was basically the greatest game ever made, and the map editor was a big part of that. It's sad to see no one this generation is even attempting to come close. Ah but you're talking about just for multiplayer.

Neuromancer said:
Yes yes yes yes YES YES YES!

Timesplitters 2 was basically the greatest game ever made, and the map editor was a big part of that. It's sad to see no one this generation is even attempting to come close. Ah but you're talking about just for multiplayer.

Hell, bring it to singleplayer while you're at it! No sense holding back on the wishlist! :lol

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
So I believe the MLG v2 gametypes have leaked. Someone started a thread last night linking the gametypes to some random person's fileshare but the maps and gametypes are created by, "MLG Gametypes" That's the official gamertag in which maps are released on. I was able to download them and now the thread has been deleted.

I'm going through the maps right now and I'm a little skeptical. 1 Flag Countdown? There's a territory gametype? Weird, I don't know what to think honestly.

edit: I think run speed has been lowered. Also, Sprint starts and loadouts. You can choose between DMR or Needle Rifle. Soooo weird.

divisionbyzorro said:
Hell, bring it to singleplayer while you're at it! No sense holding back on the wishlist! :lol
predator_1.jpg

MrBig said:
In other words, you guys want the PC editing experience on a console... Not going to happen.
That's a developer choice. There have been a handful of extremely good and well-thought out map editors on consoles before. My issue with most of them (Forge, Far Cry 2) is they're only for multiplayer which basically makes them worthless for me.

MrBig

Neuromancer said:
That's a developer choice. There have been a handful of extremely good and well-thought out map editors on consoles before. My issue with most of them (Forge, Far Cry 2) is they're only for multiplayer which basically makes them worthless for me.
Ya, but we to work with what we already have. Forge, an object editor, not a map creator.

MrBig said:
Ya, but we to work with what we already have. Forge, an object editor, not a map creator.
I know, I'm just saying a true map editor/mission editor in a console game is not impossible. I know that ship has already sailed for this game.

Letters said:
A bit offtopic, but I know there's a few Astro fans in here, and I'd like to pass the word that they just announced today the long awaited wireless Mixamp

http://www.astrogaming.com/blog/129/ASTRO_Launches_New_Wireless_MixAmp_58/

so bought :D

(sorry if old)
Well that's just great, I just bought a wired one. I wonder how being wireless will affect sound quality though. I know they say it sounds as good but I find that hard to believe.

divisionbyzorro said:
Realistic
  1. Object grouping (move as group, rotate as group)
  2. Copy/paste
  3. Swappable object textures
  4. Object resizing (not exactly sure just how realistic this is, but it would be awesome).

Unrealistic

Yep, pretty much my list.

And of course, some new objects -- we don't really have anything destructible this time -- and I'd LOVE to have some "moving parts" objects. Something like the elevator in Reflection would be really amazing.

MrBig

timetokill said:
Yep, pretty much my list.

And of course, some new objects -- we don't really have anything destructible this time -- and I'd LOVE to have some "moving parts" objects. Something like the elevator in Reflection would be really amazing.
They said they were working on switches, doors, etc but they got cut. I wonder if that would be something they would be able to implement now that they've had time to work on it or if its not even possible to add something like that anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom