• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember R E A C H |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tashi0106 said:
Rumor has it these v2 gametypes are legit. SonIamdisappoint.gif

75% melee?

So it's basically Halo 3. It's a (stupid) way around the double-melee.

What about going against an unshielded opponent with full health? Does it mean that a single blow won't kill him?

Louis Wu

Letters said:
A bit offtopic, but I know there's a few Astro fans in here, and I'd like to pass the word that they just announced today the long awaited wireless Mixamp

http://www.astrogaming.com/blog/129/ASTRO_Launches_New_Wireless_MixAmp_58/

so bought :D

(sorry if old)

press release said:
- Point-to-Multipoint Pairing (PtMP): Pair up to 4 receivers (Rx) with 1 transmitter (Tx), providing support for up four simultaneous users with four independent voice streams on XBox 360, and two independent voice streams on PlayStation 3

rofl - they couldn't have called that Point-into-Multipoint Pairing?

Ramirez

Tashi0106 said:
Rumor has it these v2 gametypes are legit. SonIamdisappoint.gif

Using evade is rather puzzling, as is a territories gametype and a 1 flag, doesn't really seem like stuff they would do. :lol I'm also not a fan of sprint starts, why not just bump up the base movement speed?

After this level cap, I'm pretty sure Security is the only helmet that would be left to obtain if they did another level cap, what would be the point? Hopefully whatever they were "testing" with this level cap is the end of this non sense.

Raiden

Banned
Hey guys, i have 3 clips i would like to have rendered if anybody would be so kind? :D

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=8166585&player=Raiden Be
This is a guy waiting around the corner to shoot/hit me, but i jumped around the corner.

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=8166436&player=Raiden Be
This guy was gonna shotgun me, but i jumped over him and backstabbed him

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=8081013&player=Raiden Be
And this is me accidentally betrayaing someone on a sort of lame way, i got booted instantly.

Ramirez said:
Using evade is rather puzzling, as is a territories gametype and a 1 flag, doesn't really seem like stuff they would do. :lol I'm also not a fan of sprint starts, why not just bump up the base movement speed?

After this level cap, I'm pretty sure Security is the only helmet that would be left to obtain if they did another level cap, what would be the point? Hopefully whatever they were "testing" with this level cap is the end of this non sense.
Making up for broken KotH, maybe? What are the settings, I'm stuck at work. Do the territories lock after capture?

xxjuicesxx said:
Yea I don't think sequential hill works in Reach. The option is either not there or broken, someone else can confirm.
Yeah, sequential hill is busted in Reach. It's all crazy, all the time. :-(

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
metareferential said:
75% melee?

So it's basically Halo 3. It's a (stupid) way around the double-melee.

What about going against an unshielded opponent with full health? Does it mean that a single blow won't kill him?

Well I haven't fully tested it but 1 melee on a full shielded opponent it takes about 85% of his shields down. The 2nd melee drops his shields and the 3rd melee kills him. It basically nullifies the Sprint melee which is dumb because I don't think we'll see that at high level play with 100% melee damage. With 75% though, it will be necessary to shoot a guy, melee him to drop his shields and then melee again to kill. I'm not 100% sure on this though.

Ram said:
Using evade is rather puzzling, as is a territories gametype and a 1 flag, doesn't really seem like stuff they would do. I'm also not a fan of sprint starts, why not just bump up the base movement speed?

Yea, that's what makes me question the whole thing's legitimacy. The movement speed in v1 is 120% and now they've lowered it to 110% and added Sprint. At first I was worried that v1 would be a cluster fuck but that it would eventually improve. v1 proved to be a surprisingly good selection of maps and gametypes but now I feel like they've taken a big step back.

I also tested out the assault settings and they're a little wonky. There's a 5 bomb and a 3 bomb, both neutral. It takes 5 seconds to arm, 15 seconds to detonate and 3 seconds to disarm. I don't get that. I thought MLG Bomb in Halo 2 on Midship was universally praised because the arm time was like 10 seconds and the detonation time was 1 or 2 seconds, which I believe was the default. I just don't understand the logic behind these new settings.

Circle T

Raiden said:
Hey guys, i have 3 clips i would like to have rendered if anybody would be so kind? :D

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=8166585&player=Raiden Be
This is a guy waiting around the corner to shoot/hit me, but i jumped around the corner.

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=8166436&player=Raiden Be
This guy was gonna shotgun me, but i jumped over him and backstabbed him

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=8081013&player=Raiden Be
And this is me accidentally betrayaing someone on a sort of lame way, i got booted instantly.
Cooking

*Edit* Done

divisionbyzorro said:
Unrealistic
Has anyone ever played TimeSplitters 2? Have you played around with the custom map editor and the scripting ability that came with it? I would kill for a scripting engine to be built into Forge to allow for superior map interactivity and gametype creation. The TS2 scripter basically worked on a Trigger -> Action system. Triggers would be things like "player gets a kill," "player enters space," "timer reaches zero," etc. Actions would modify player properties, map properties, variables, etc. The things you could do with your maps and gametypes would expand a hundredfold!

It's nice to want things...

I spent so much time with that game, it was so good, and you could play as monkeys with guns!!! :D

CrazedArabMan said:
I spent so much time with that game, it was so good, and you could play as monkeys with guns!!! :D
Yep, monkeys, zombies, aliens, almost anything you could think of was in there. Game was fucking amazing.

zumphry

Banned
Sai-kun said:
They are definitely making a flight-sim game!!!! I can't wait!!

Bungie Flight Simulator VII.

no DON'T DO IT DON'T DO IT :(

GhaleonEB said:
Same. Though my skillz seem to have taken a dive this week.

I usually go from being really good one day to "are the fuel rod grunts robo-grunts?!" the next.

Striker

MLG will use Evade? :lol

Still hate how Bungie is using that AA as a human ability. It looks goofy as shit.

What's wrong with MLG using Sprint primarily or just bumping the base speed (I figured both). The vision of AA-pickups are OK for Armor Lock and Hologram, but everything else is just... smh.

And yes, Burial Mounds was the sex for 1-flag, 1-bomb, and Team Slayer BRs. Also was fun for Snipers at times. Nothing was generally overpowered on there. Rockets, Sword, and Shotgun all presented, but never really carried the map. Snipers were prevalent, but didn't break it. Early on the SMG starts killed many spawn issues. That map desperately needed it, however.

neoism

Generic said:
I've been lurking around for a while now, but I never really figured it out: Why does everyone seem to hate Dax?

They pick on him because his is young, but he's seem like a cool dude. :p

Also I'd like to say I'm really glad I played the shit out of multi-team yesterday. I actually like Elite slayer now. It's crazy awesome. I get at least 20 kills a game.:lol :lol

Trasher

neoism said:
They pick on him because his is young, but he's seem like a cool dude. :p

Also I'd like to say I'm really glad I played the shit out of multi-team yesterday. I actually like Elite slayer now. It's crazy awesome. I get at least 20 kills a game.:lol :lol
He mainly got picked on because he used to post about 20-30 times a page. He's toned it down since then though.

Insaniac

3 things I"d want in forge, 2 of which would be possible to add through downloads

1) different skins, or objects with different looks.
2) grouped selection/copy+paste
3) more natural items like trees, bushes and what not to add variety and flavor to maps

Willeth

So, Icarus is done!

Gametype | Map | Forgehub Thread

In the Greek myth, Icarus flew too close to the sun; the wax on his wings melted, and he fell to his death. In the Great War, the last pilot of Icarus Company is stuck waiting for extraction above an enemy force thirsty for blood. If he can dodge their plasma fire for long enough, he lives. If not, he plunges to a grisly death.

Icarus is a modified version of Infection, in which one person spawns next to a Falcon above the playing field. There's a soft kill zone to force him to get in, and a soft safe zone around him to stop him going too far away. If he survives for three minutes, he gets five points, and lives for another day.

Everyone else spawns below, with infinite plasma pistols and regular jetpacks. If they can tag the Falcon, it'll fall to earth through a killzone and net two points for the shooter.

Five rounds for now, although this and the points system might be tweaked based on feedback. 5-9 players because any more than eight on the ground and it gets too hard for the pilot, and any fewer than four, it's too easy.

Action shots!

A loadout camera:
5kGjQ.jpg

Another loadout camera, showing the whole map (the island isn't playable, only the top surface of the structure):
qIOgK.jpg

fykxq.jpg

cwzKL.jpg

pK3BU.jpg

Gametype | Map | Forgehub Thread

Lazslo

Is it just my Chrome or does everyone have a problem seeing their Spartan Avatar on their stat homepage? I think I read something about there being a fix soon but It's been like this since ship so I'm starting to think it's a bug on my end. Can anyone else see their Spartan?

feel

Lazslo said:
Is it just my Chrome or does everyone have a problem seeing their Spartan Avatar on their stat homepage? I think I read something about there being a fix soon but It's been like this since ship so I'm starting to think it's a bug on my end. Can anyone else see their Spartan?
It's been like this for me since launch

2vmt5ow.jpg

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
At this point I'm really DYING for theater 1.0. This theater 0.5 is not good for teams.

However I know that there are trade offs and I'm glad that the fish in the ponds on Reflection animate well and even die when you shoot them. Lol, but seriously, I miss the good theater.

D-Pad

I suck at this. Nighttime heroic FTL. Can't continue now because that Hun dude keeps disappearing before the defend part and leaving me to fend for myself.

29ym6x1.jpg

Finally gave up earlier and restarted from Alpha Bravo but the same thing happened again! Is he falling off the cliff or something?!

Ugh, if only my internet connection were stable enough I would play online. Right now it drops randomly for about ten seconds at a time.

Lazslo

Dani said:
My Spartan is looking fine in Chrome (apart from it being an older version of course!).
My Spartan looks like this on both Chrome and Safari since ship- My H3 avatar looks fine though, weird.
hE5M6.jpg

Kapura

Banned
Willeth post your map in the GAF Forge OT. That's where we're trying to consolidate most of the map posts for easier retrieval.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
I haven't played in a while, has the quitting gotten any better? Is there a specific playlist that suffers from it the least? It's my single biggest complaint about the game, and it isn't even the game's fault.

Pretty sad that such an awesome game is ruined by quitters for me.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Alienshogun said:
I haven't played in a while, has the quitting gotten any better? Is there a specific playlist that suffers from it the least? It's my single biggest complaint about the game, and it isn't even the game's fault.

Pretty sad that such an awesome game is ruined by quitters for me.

Quitting has stayed at the same sort of levels it has been at over the past few weeks, at least from my experience in Team Slayer, Multi and particularly Objective.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Dani said:
Quitting has stayed at the same sort of levels it has been at over the past few weeks, at least from my experience in Team Slayer, Multi and particularly Objective.

Uhg.

I really hope they are trying to come up with some sort of better solution, clearly the ban isn't doing anything.

Tokubetsu

I want to skullfuck everyone responsible for these white elites. Graaaah. Right before the two hunters on legendary solo, in that foundry. I can't kill these three elites. I have an ar and a needle rifle and they won't fucking die. They matrix dodge at the last second and then one of them hits me in the face with a concussion rifle.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Tokubetsu said:
I want to skullfuck everyone responsible for these white elites. Graaaah. Right before the two hunters on legendary solo, in that foundry. I can't kill these three elites. I have an ar and a needle rifle and they won't fucking die. They matrix dodge at the last second and then one of them hits me in the face with a concussion rifle.

URuPm.png

I'm really digging Atom. Really fun for multi-team. If there was some kind of way to get back on the top from underneath the bases, like a grav lift, it would be really kick ass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom