• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember R E A C H |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

aesop

Dani said:
poppinandlockin.jpg
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

And Bungie's epic troll of HaloGAF continues.

Was hoping to get a little disambiguation of Tempest's forge pallet in this week's BWU. Guess we'll have to wait.

divisionbyzorro said:
Realistic
  1. Object grouping (move as group, rotate as group)
  2. Copy/paste
  3. Swappable object textures
  4. Object resizing (not exactly sure just how realistic this is, but it would be awesome).

Unrealistic
Has anyone ever played TimeSplitters 2? Have you played around with the custom map editor and the scripting ability that came with it? I would kill for a scripting engine to be built into Forge to allow for superior map interactivity and gametype creation. The TS2 scripter basically worked on a Trigger -> Action system. Triggers would be things like "player gets a kill," "player enters space," "timer reaches zero," etc. Actions would modify player properties, map properties, variables, etc. The things you could do with your maps and gametypes would expand a hundredfold!

It's nice to want things...

Loved that game so much. I made a few maps, it was a pretty decent editor for its time.

And seriously, those aren't real achievements right, RIGHT?

aesop said:
And Bungie's epic troll of HaloGAF continues.

Was hoping to get a little disambiguation of Tempest's forge pallet in this week's BWU. Guess we'll have to wait.

To be fair, theyre not only trolling NeoGaf, people on matchmaking every other game bitch about Armour Lock. Im pretty sure its not just the vocal minority on internet forums who are a bit sick of it.

Bungie trolling about armour lock is no better than punching an old lady in the face and then laughing at them. Do the right thing Bungie, remove armour lock.

No, all jokes aside, it kind of sucks, that they think armour lock makes the game more fun.

I was doing some forum lurking myself and noticed that there were some complaints that the Pelican isn’t on the list of player pilotable vehicles. Turns out, it is. By way of Dan Miller’s mad genius and some deviously hidden devices, the Pelican can become player controlled.

Holy crap! Someone solve this already.

MrDaravon

And just like Halo 3's DLC Achievements, most of these are fucking terrible, and will result in a group of friends getting together and controlling a full lobby to get them. God DAMN, how did they not learn anything? Poppin' & Lockin' is hilarious though, I seem to be one of the few people that isn't infuriated by Armor Lock.

Lazslo

Anyone up for some matchmaking in 20 mins or so? I'm jumping on soon haven't played with you guys lately, shoot me a message.

aesop

bobs99 ... said:
To be fair, theyre not only trolling NeoGaf, people on matchmaking every other game bitch about Armour Lock. Im pretty sure its not just the vocal minority on internet forums who are a bit sick of it.

Bungie trolling about armour lock is no better than punching an old lady in the face and then laughing at them. Do the right thing Bungie, remove armour lock.

No, all jokes aside, it kind of sucks, that they think armour lock makes the game more fun.

I disagree with the armor lock haters. Still enjoy it. I don't think the achievement is a troll of the community, I was just making a joke. The shot at the end of the Noble Map Pack trailer had to be, though.

Yea that stockpile one has me confused? How the hell would anyone realistically capture all 25 flags themselves...what the fuck are the other 7 players doing in said game?

Kujo

50g - Earn a Double Kill from the Grave in multiplayer Matchmaking.
50g - Earn a Double Kill with the shotgun in multiplayer Matchmaking.
50g - Kill a player at long range with the DMR in a matchmade Slayer game.
42g - Collect all of the flags in a matchmade Stockpile game.
13g - Blow up the research facility in a matchmade Invasion game on Breakpoint.
25g - Destroy a vehicle using Armor Lock in a matchmade game.
20g - Earn a kill in a matchmade Rocket Race game.

42g and 13g, weird. And only 7? Thought it was going to be 10.

Hey You

xxjuicesxx said:
Yea that stockpile one has me confused? How the hell would anyone realistically capture all 25 flags themselves...what the fuck are the other 7 players doing in said game?
:lol
This.

GhaleonEB

I do hope there are some Firefight and Campaign Achievements in the mix. I know it's a multiplayer map pack and all, but yeah.

I'm curious about the criteria. The Stockpile one for instance, I hope doesn't mean just one person has to snag all of them. Otherwise team mates will be tossing flags in and out of the stockpile.

Edit: re-reading the new Achievements, I'm not liking the kind of behavior they're going to encourage in multiplayer. I can see them several of them being quite detrimental.

Raiden

Banned
Mojo said:

Bungie really sucks at achievements.

and playlists

Edit: Also, why are my kill stats so weird? I finish a slayer game with lets say 12 kills on board, and in the stats that follow i seem to have 13. This happens quite often, how the hell do they calculate?

42 g is that a reference to the whole the answer to life is 42? Which basically seems like you would be the answer to life if you could get that achievement.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
I guess it could mean during one flag spawn part of Stockpile, you just get all of them in your zone, then your whole team would all get the achievement.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Mojo said:

Is this for real? INCREDIBLY shitty achievements, much like the ones in Halo 3. Plus I've done much of that already and are difficult to replicate.

Raiden

Banned
xxjuicesxx said:

I think that may count as a team, to collect all of the maps flags in that one spawn, so after 60 seconds when your team scores, they reset again. Not all of the flags needed to win the game, that would be absurd.

MrBig

Circle T said:
New Vidmasters inbound. Many of them were 0 points in Halo 3, so I'm guessing something similar here.
Yep, that's probably what it is. The screen they showed about installing the game to a disc said 59 achievements.

Kujo

xxjuicesxx said:
Seriously, that doesn't sound right. I understand getting the most flags out of all the players, but there's no way of getting every single flag on the map without boosting or something.

And now everyone is going to try and mess shit up in rocket race...

Circle T

Also, the achievement for "Breakpoint" makes it sound like the final phase of Invasion on that map will be Assault, rather than a CTF finish. A little twist on the gametype, might be cool.

darthbob

Circle T said:
Also, the achievement for "Breakpoint" makes it sound like the final phase of Invasion on that map will be Assault, rather than a CTF finish. A little twist on the gametype, might be cool.

289115925c33606ea73fa31e894f556e6cf4b609_full.jpg

Kujo

If it's a team thing in one flag spawn then it won't be that bad...maybe

Also looks like only 1 is map specific, does that mean people who don't buy the DLC can get all the others?

Tashi0106 said:
So I believe the MLG v2 gametypes have leaked. Someone started a thread last night linking the gametypes to some random person's fileshare but the maps and gametypes are created by, "MLG Gametypes" That's the official gamertag in which maps are released on. I was able to download them and now the thread has been deleted.

I'm going through the maps right now and I'm a little skeptical. 1 Flag Countdown? There's a territory gametype? Weird, I don't know what to think honestly.

edit: I think run speed has been lowered. Also, Sprint starts and loadouts. You can choose between DMR or Needle Rifle. Soooo weird.

Needle Rifle is better than DMR under 110% damage because it can kill faster. It also prevents people from spamming and being rewarded sometimes. It's also arguable that it takes more skill than the DMR because you have to hit more shots in fewer seconds than the DMR.

People also complained about 120% speed because strafing didn't feel as responsive as they wanted it too. With 110%, strafing is more responsive and sprint is viable. Makes sense.

As for the gametypes. 1 Flag does seem iffy.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I was doing some forum lurking myself and noticed that there were some complaints that the Pelican isn’t on the list of player pilotable vehicles. Turns out, it is. By way of Dan Miller’s mad genius and some deviously hidden devices, the Pelican can become player controlled.

You just have to be at the right place at the right time.

I NEED TO KNOW THIS. LIKE NOW. NEED. TO. KNOW.

EDIT: Also, how do i check how far I have progressed offline to see where I'm going to be after the cap is lifted?

GhaleonEB

enzo_gt said:
It's going to be on New Alexandria, naturally. As with the disco party, there's probably a switch that appears on one of the buildings for a limited time, and we need to find it and flip it to get a playable Pelican.

People will find it. Probably hackers, the fucktards.

MrBig

enzo_gt said:

EDIT: Also, how do i check how far I have progressed offline to see where I'm going to be after the cap is lifted?
:lol :lol
I've flown the pelican in Halo 1 and 2.

e: disconnect your ethernet cable and then load up reach from the dashboard. You'll see your real rank. Don't buy anything, you'll lose your credits.

e2: looking up the mods people have been doing for reach, I found someone who modded the PoA to be flyable

Circle T

enzo_gt said:
1 - Unplug ethernet cable or wifi adapter
2 - Sign in profile, now offline
3 - Start up Reach

Kujo

enzo_gt said:
Just boot the game up without being connected to XBL. It'll show your real rank in the main menu.

A double kill from the grave....

REALLYYYY?

Two kills from the grave was one of the worst achievements in Halo 3. Now they expect us to do the achievement all over, but this time get a double kill. WTF. So many people will boost this if it's really an achievement.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Thanks for the replies guys, I was signing out, unplugging my cable and then signing back in and that wasn't working.

I'm inching on Commander :D

Raiden

Banned
Church RvB said:

REALLYYYY?

Two kills from the grave was one of the worst achievements in Halo 3. Now they expect us to do the achievement all over, but this time get a double kill. WTF. So many people will boost this if it's really an achievement.

I had this happen quite a couple of times, you just need the right gametypes, like king of the hill on multiteam etc.

Especially with stickies.

Dug

Banned
Church RvB said:

REALLYYYY?

I remember it taking me forever to get that achievement.

Mojo said:

Bungie loves 7, so it's understandable.

Church RvB said:

REALLYYYY?

Multi-team. Takes about five minutes

big ander

Church RvB said:

REALLYYYY?

Yeah I've never understood this complaint. Especially with H3 Multi Team on Orbital, which was popping up all the time when the achievement dropped for that game. Crowded hallways=success.

Very fun getting matched against a group of 5 when you enter team slayer in 3.

So the fourth player ends up getting killed on purpose. Great Bungie, great.

Not entirely Bungie's fault, but something to prevent this stupid behaviour would be appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom