• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember R E A C H |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

GhaleonEB

big ander said:
Yeah I've never understood this complaint. Especially with H3 Multi Team on Orbital, which was popping up all the time when the achievement dropped for that game. Crowded hallways=success.
Step out in front of a charging Warthog (with a gunner) and stick it. Make sure it's beat up a bit first. Easiest way to get that one.

Another HaloGAF complaint...

No seriously, Bungie hasn't learned from Halo 3 have they, ugh I hate MP achievements so much.

In other news, we need to find that flyable pelican now!!!

Aggrotek

New avatar! Yay!

DyDJm.jpg

Raiden said:
I had this happen quite a couple of times, you just need the right gametypes, like king of the hill on multiteam etc.

Especially with stickies.

It's still a no skill achievement.

big ander said:
Yeah I've never understood this complaint. Especially with H3 Multi Team on Orbital, which was popping up all the time when the achievement dropped for that game. Crowded hallways=success.

Did you get it on purpose or accident? If on purpose, you had fun going for that achievement? If on accident, it's not really an 'achievement' is it?

Obligatory 'fix your shit, Bungle' comment.

metareferential said:
Very fun getting matched against a group of 5 when you enter team slayer in 3.

So the fourth player ends up getting killed on purpose. Great Bungie, great.

Not entirely Bungie's fault, but something to prevent this stupid behaviour would be appreciated.

Boggles my mind how this crap can still get by.

Any party size greater than the max team size in a playlist should not be allowed. Period.

I saw a party of 4 in multiteam today. Seriously why allow that?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
So HaloGAF, what are you guys planning on buying after the rank cap is lifted with all your accumulating credits?

I'm going for a fully upgraded Pilot Helmet, and then saving the rest up for a Gold Visor.

MrBig

enzo_gt said:
So HaloGAF, what are you guys planning on buying after the rank cap is lifted with all your accumulating credits?

I'm going for a fully upgraded Pilot Helmet, and then saving the rest up for a Gold Visor.
Gold visor + Mk V shoulders.
I'll have enough credits by the time i reach colonel. (in a month or two)

Aggrotek

enzo_gt said:

Pilot, Commando Right Shoulder, Grenadier Left Shoulder

zumphry

Banned
enzo_gt said:

I will definitely not be at Colonel when it lifts, but I'm totally going to go for Pilot, Gold Visor, and Mark V shoulders. Then I'll save any left over cR for Security Helmet for whenever that unlocks. Maybe some extra stuff like the Utilities and Wrist attachments, but not much.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Thagomizer said:
I'm still at Major. It amazes me that people have the free time to be at the cap, let alone have been there for weeks.
I was without Internet (so like zero credits for that entire time) for the 2nd and 3rd weeks of Reach being released. Doing every daily and weekly challenge since outside campaign legendary runs has brought me to Lt. Colonel Grade 3 in the process.

Oozer3993

darthbob said:
I was doing some forum lurking myself and noticed that there were some complaints that the Pelican isn’t on the list of player pilotable vehicles. Turns out, it is. By way of Dan Miller’s mad genius and some deviously hidden devices, the Pelican can become player controlled.

http://www.bungie.net/News/content.aspx?type=topnews&cid=29512

:D :D :D

That sound you hear is HighImpactHalo's collective head exploding.

I'm never going to get that Stockpile achievement. The gametype itself is institutionalized asshattery and I want nothing to do with it.

GhaleonEB

Mojo said:
1g53tg.png

I'm now Colonel (without ONI farming), but I spent all my credits on crap I don't wear
I'm just buying stuff sequentially. Whenever I rank up, I go through each category and buy what I can afford in order. Whatever I'm wearing at any given time is what I got on my last shopping spree.

Kujo

GhaleonEB said:
I'm just buying stuff sequentially. Whenever I rank up, I go through each category and buy what I can afford in order. Whatever I'm wearing at any given time is what I got on my last shopping spree.
Yeah that's what I'm doing. I'm at 55% armour completion. I still prefer the default stuff though so I'm leaving it on that at the moment. But I'm buying all the cheaper stuff and working my way up. Once I have MC's helmet I'll switch to that though

GhaleonEB

Louis Wu said:
lol - and that means that - for a very short time, probably - I'm ahead of you on one of my leaderboards. :D (Courtyard Score Attack)
It took a while, but I took care of that little problem just now. Now I gotta go ice a hand cramp...:lol

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
xxjuicesxx said:
Yea that stockpile one has me confused? How the hell would anyone realistically capture all 25 flags themselves...what the fuck are the other 7 players doing in said game?
Helping you get the achievement like reasonable adu-

No, what the fuck are the other 7 players doing in said game?
Raiden said:
Bungie really sucks at achievements.

and playlists

Edit: Also, why are my kill stats so weird? I finish a slayer game with lets say 12 kills on board, and in the stats that follow i seem to have 13. This happens quite often, how the hell do they calculate?
Suicides, they don't get shown at postgame stats for some reason.
Tashi0106 said:
I want that Mark VI
dat default h3

Not surprised at the achievements, what I expected since H3 for DLC achievements.

I wish the avoid system worked, then I wouldn't play with this jerk I avoided a long time ago cause he takes snipes, then hides like a little asshole to preserve his kill death. All the while just letting his team get fucked over by vehicles.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Devolution said:
I wish the avoid system worked, then I wouldn't play with this jerk I avoided a long time ago cause he takes snipes, then hides like a little asshole to preserve his kill death. All the while just letting his team get fucked over by vehicles.
Sounds like a good team player to me

Striker

The achievements are easy and not work arguing about... except that Stockpile one. Surely this will just motivate a group of 8 to go in together and just get it that way. That said, what's the point in putting in such an achievement? Like Halo 3's MP achievement design all over again.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
I've actually already gotten a double kill from the grave. No trickery or vehicles involved. Just a lucky grenade in a game of Team Slayer.

It probably wouldn't be hard to do in multi-team.

Ramirez

Are you guys mad because the achievements are going to make people play in a different manner, or because you might not get them for your gamerscore e-peen?

Sai-kun

Banned
Ramirez said:
Are you guys mad because the achievements are going to make people play in a different manner, or because you might not get them for your gamerscore e-peen?

I'm not mad, but I think they're stupid. :lol

Ramirez said:

Are you serious? :lol :lol :lol

I think that personally they seem pretty stupid, because theyre going to promote pretty shitty play. I can predict my first few games on the new maps to involve people hiding with shotguns and throwing nades at theyre feet in cramped hallways. Never mind the people who are gonna use armour lock ALL the time until they get that vehicle achievment.

Sounds fun! And best of all, you cant just not buy the new maps to avoid this type of play. The effects on gameplay of the new achievments are going to spill over to all game modes. I especially cant wait to see all the griefers on rocket race. Wouldnt a better achievement have simply been 'win a game of rocket race'?

If people really care about theyre E peen and cant get the achievments legit, they will simply boost them in just about any game mode with friends. To be honest im saying right now that im gonna boost that shotgun one simply because I hate using that weapon, I find it pretty dull and cheap.

Trasher

xxjuicesxx said:
Yea that stockpile one has me confused? How the hell would anyone realistically capture all 25 flags themselves...what the fuck are the other 7 players doing in said game?
Stockpile goes to 10. Not 25.

Magni

I haven't played since forever due to having tons of projects going on for different classes and I won't even be able to get that easy challenge since I'm internetless for a week, but I had to drop in and say bravo for the RR kill achievement graphic, Truckers Delight anyone? :lol That said, the achievements themselves suck once again, Bungie should outsource them :lol

Trasher

BWU said:
Currently, we’re averaging 1.4 million Challenges done and dusted per day, with the most significant variance coming by way of degree of difficulty, and of course, daily player population.
Anyone else thinks this makes no sense? It seems to be rising much faster than 1.4 million per day... This whole thermometer thing seems like a farce IMO. It would make you assume that no one started doing challenges until the thermometer itself was released because it was nearly at the bottom. I know lots of us on here who had over 100 challenges completed before the thermometer was introduced. We now have around 120-140 total, and they are trying to say that around 60 million challenges have been done in that period? Something is fishy.

Sai-kun

Banned
Trasher said:
Anyone else thinks this makes no sense? It seems to be rising much faster than 1.4 million per day... This whole thermometer thing seems like a farce IMO. It would make you assume that no one started doing challenges until the thermometer itself was released because it was nearly at the bottom. I know lots of us on here who had over 100 challenges completed before the thermometer was introduced. We now have around 120-140 total, and they are trying to say that around 60 million challenges have been done in that period? Something is fishy.

All that red at the bottom of the thermometer is relative to the rest of it. That's a lot of challenges completed at the bottom, so we were already fairly close. We didn't start from 0 challenges.

So really, there wasn't much left to go when the challenge was announced. It's just kinda weird because there's only one number up at the top, and you'd think they'd put in a couple more just to give us an idea of where we are.

Trasher

Sai-kun said:
All that red at the bottom of the thermometer is relative to the rest of it. That's a lot of challenges completed at the bottom, so we were already fairly close. We didn't start from 0 challenges.

So really, there wasn't much left to go when the challenge was announced. It's just kinda weird because there's only one number up at the top, and you'd think they'd put in a couple more just to give us an idea of where we are.
I know it didn't start at zero, but it still didn't start as high as I think it should have. The rate it rises at still makes no sense to me. The thermometer is just an awful way of visually gauging the progress. You think they would have been able to think of something better. =/

Mojo said:
50g - Earn a Double Kill from the Grave in multiplayer Matchmaking.
50g - Earn a Double Kill with the shotgun in multiplayer Matchmaking.
50g - Kill a player at long range with the DMR in a matchmade Slayer game.
42g - Collect all of the flags in a matchmade Stockpile game.
13g - Blow up the research facility in a matchmade Invasion game on Breakpoint.
25g - Destroy a vehicle using Armor Lock in a matchmade game.
20g - Earn a kill in a matchmade Rocket Race game.

42g and 13g, weird. And only 7? Thought it was going to be 10.
Wait a sec. You do not have to win the Stockpile game. Right? And you have only to collect all the flags in your team. If not the achievement would be the hardest Achievement to get in Halo Reach.

Hypertrooper said:
Wait a sec. You do not have to win the Stockpile game. Right? And you have only to collect all the flags in your team. If not the achievement would be the hardest Achievement to get in Halo Reach.

In before people start betraying other people and camping the flag cap area, taking the flags from the betrayed people and putting them in for the score.

Bungie doesn't learn.

Raide

For the players that already roll with AL, the 25g - Destroy a vehicle using Armor Lock in a matchmade game Achievement, will be easy.

Maybe its a sneaky way of getting people who usually hate on AL to try it out and get an awesome kill? :lol

I personally cant wait for the Vanity thing. I wonder if it will appear in game or on Bungie.net, from the BWU it sounds like it will be added in Game. If they can retrospectivly add stuff to the game like that, without a TU, I will be pretty impressed.

SailorDaravon said:
And just like Halo 3's DLC Achievements, most of these are fucking terrible, and will result in a group of friends getting together and controlling a full lobby to get them. God DAMN, how did they not learn anything? Poppin' & Lockin' is hilarious though, I seem to be one of the few people that isn't infuriated by Armor Lock.

I don't mind people farming achievements in full parties/full MM cause I couldn't care less about what people earn on their own time. It's when they aren't full and force innocent bystanders to deal with their bullshit that I get mad, cause I've had to deal with that, and it's just not fun.

Gui_PT

Wow, what shitty achievements =\

I thought Bungie learned their lesson after the last bunch of achievements they made. Won't even try to get these.

Edit:

Shootin' and Lootin' - 1500cR

Kill 150 enemies in any game mode in Reach

Fire When Ready - 500cR

Kill 50 enemies in multiplayer Matchmaking

A Satisfied Thirst - 2000cR

Kill 250 Grunts in Firefight Matchmaking

Home Field Advantage - 800cR

Win 4 games in multiplayer Matchmaking

Raide said:
For the players that already roll with AL, the 25g - Destroy a vehicle using Armor Lock in a matchmade game Achievement, will be easy.

Maybe its a sneaky way of getting people who usually hate on AL to try it out and get an awesome kill? :lol

Either that or to try out Big Team or something. I never see vehicles in normal Team Slayer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom