• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember R E A C H |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ramirez said:
Well it was a double question, I really didn't know why everyone was so pissed. I know people that actually get upset if they can't get all of the achievements in something, so that's not that far of a stretch.

Why would you plan on dying to get it? Just let it happen naturally, it'll happen one day, I'm pretty sure I've gotten tons of them.

I enjoy going for achievements. The whole concept of that achievement is dumb. Any achievement that is situational is a bad one. (IMO) If I set out to get an achievement, if I am skilled enough I should be able to get it. With this one I need at least two enemies practically next to each other, I need an explosive weapon, and I need to die before those two other people are killed by my hand. (We all know how kill from the grave works, you have to be dead .5 seconds before it will even register as KFTG)

It's just a dumb no skill achievement. You can argue that 'it will come naturally' but that doesn't make it an achievement.

I plan on dying to get it because I literally have to die on purpose to get it.

Gui_PT

MrBig said:
I've never actually done this, congratulations.

Works if one of your team members is being lunged at while you kill the guy with the sword. But it's still hilarious that you get the medal :lol

:lol @ all the bitching about the new achievements, you guys have no idea what a "bad" achievement is :p They're actually pretty awesome and will be easy to get over a long period of time.

The Chef

Just started playing this morning. Great game and I definitely like it more than 3.
The one thing that drives me nuts about Halo - the assult rifle is a complete piece of crap. This gun hasn't changed AT ALL since Halo 1 and its terrible. Not loud, doesn't feel powerful, and is very inaccurate. I want to feel like Hudson in Aliens "I AM THE ULTIMATE BAD ASS!" There are countless battles where there are dozens of enemies around - I want a gun that is exploding with power as I mow the covenant down. This shit feels like an airsoft gun.

Hey You

Gui_PT said:
Works if one of your team members is being lunged at while you kill the guy with the sword. But it's still hilarious that you get the medal :lol
This. That's the only time I've gotten a Bulltrue medal without dying. Its only happened once.:lol

MrBig

The Chef said:
Just started playing this morning. Great game and I definitely like it more than 3.
The one thing that drives me nuts about Halo - the assult rifle is a complete piece of crap. This gun hasn't changed AT ALL since Halo 1 and its terrible. Not loud, doesn't feel powerful, and is very inaccurate. I want to feel like Hudson in Aliens "I AM THE ULTIMATE BAD ASS!" There are countless battles where there are dozens of enemies around - I want a gun that is exploding with power as I mow the covenant down. This shit feels like an airsoft gun.
Out of the 20 something weapons you can choose from you're using an AR?

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
The Chef said:

Play it on Easy and the AR becomes the death machine you want.

MrBig

Dani said:
:lol :lol
I was playing on tip of the spear on normal the other day and fuel rods were only getting rid of a fifth of my shield. It was amazing.

metareferential said:
:lol

It's fun because 90 % of the rants boils down to this.

:lol It's funny because not really, no. People just bitch about Armor Lock because that's the broken one.

:lol :lol

It's funny when people try to act like it's everything though :lol

IMO Bungie achievements suck because I never feel like I accomplished anything.

Who cares if they change the way people play? Sometimes you guys act five. :lol

rush777

Ok I've got an odd issue, I play on a 52" T.V. and when I splitscreen with my friend My aim is awesome but when I play by myself my aim gets considerably worse. My sensitivity is at 3 so maybe adjusting it when when I play alone to a higher level would help. Any suggestions?

GhaleonEB

Dani said:
I used it a lot on my aborted Exodus no-death run, and found it to be pretty potent against Grunts and Brutes, even at mid range. Short controlled bursts cut them down pretty fast, I was surprised.

rush777 said:
Ok I've got an odd issue, I play on a 52" T.V. and when I splitscreen with my friend My aim is awesome but when I play by myself my aim gets considerably worse. My sensitivity is at 3 so maybe adjusting it when when I play alone to a higher level would help. Any suggestions?
Go watch the films of yourself and see if you are underaiming or overaiming, adjust sensitivity accordingly.

The Chef said:
The one thing that drives me nuts about Halo - the assult rifle is a complete piece of crap. This gun hasn't changed AT ALL since Halo 1
and its terrible. Not loud, doesn't feel powerful, and is very inaccurate. I want to feel like Hudson in Aliens "I AM THE ULTIMATE BAD ASS!" There are countless battles where there are dozens of enemies around - I want a gun that is exploding with power as I mow the covenant down. This shit feels like an airsoft gun.
Haha.
GhaleonEB said:
I used it a lot on my aborted Exodus no-death run, and found it to be pretty potent against Grunts and Brutes, even at mid range. Short controlled bursts cut them down pretty fast, I was surprised.
Also, the think is DEADLY against Elites on Heroic. They're so easy to take down with the AR.

BioHazard

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
I'm trying to beat the last level on Lengendary solo
I'm at the part right before you man that huge cannon, and you have to take out those elite zealots. It's soooo difficult, has anybody beat it and can offer some tips?
Soooo close!

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
ToyMachine228 said:
Can someone render this for me? Hilarious video I took in Invasion on September 26th. I suggest this for the next Blame Stosh.

Just wanted chime in and say that this post on the last page is hilarious.

BioHazard said:
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
I'm trying to beat the last level on Lengendary solo
I'm at the part right before you man that huge cannon, and you have to take out those elite zealots. It's soooo difficult, has anybody beat it and can offer some tips?
Soooo close!
I remember heading into the room to the left, got one to go in after me. After that just try to divide and conquer the best you can.

ForgeGAF customs could use a few more people! If anybody wants to join in, please add me: BEARCANO

We're trying to get some games going right now so anybody wanting to join or test their maps would be very welcome.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
RdN said:
Team Snipers on The Cage.. OMG that sucks.
Actually I'd say the only time The Cage even works is with either Snipers or Swat and that's only because of the whole you can die at any moment thing. Even then the spawns on that map are terrible.

GhaleonEB

MrBig said:
Kornman has been looking at the scripts and found the conditions for the Pelican egg.
http://carnage.bungie.org/haloforum/halo.forum.pl?read=1028949

It still hasn't actually been found, but now we know what to do.
And this is how easter eggs are ruined.
Hydranockz said:
You said it yourself, that it will more than likely be on New Alexandria. It really doesn't guide us any further than that :p
That was one of Dan Miller's missions, which is said to have the most Easter eggs in the game. It was an easy call. I was hoping for a community hunt for the egg, not some jerk sifting through code. But as I said before, this was how I was expecting it to be found.

timetokill said:
Speaking of BTB maps! As was requested (by Dani I think?), I've made a BTB map for HaloGAF customs!

You can download it here: http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=8234825&player=BEARCANO

And a couple shots:

Or you can read more about it in the ForgeGAF thread (link to post): http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=24119655&postcount=1293
The map looks nice. Too bad I will not join the costum tonight :/

MrBig said:
Kornman has been looking at the scripts and found the conditions for the Pelican egg.

Oh gosh. Why have I read this? Otherwise I would never find out on my own. But this is like cheating. I really want to know if bungie planned a campaign level with the pelican. Too many things I want to see in this game. A Singleplayer-DLC must come. If not I'll be a sad panda :/

darthbob

GhaleonEB said:

That was one of Dan Miller's missions, which is said to have the most Easter eggs in the game. It was an easy call. I was hoping for a community hunt for the egg, not some jerk sifting through code. But as I said before, this was how I was expecting it to be found.

I forgot that HaloGAF had Easter Egg elitists.

>__________>

MrBig

GhaleonEB said:

We're really not being told any more than what Urk told us besides a broad time frame.
One of the replies in there summed it up nicely: Theres going to eventually be one person that finds this egg and we're all going to follow his exact instructions. Kornman has just given us an outline that is slightly less vague than what we got from bungie. If Urk never said anything about, no one would even think to look for this egg, let alone dig for it in the scripts.

darthbob

MrBig said:
We're really not being told any more than what Urk told us besides a broad time frame.
One of the replies in there summed it up nicely: Theres going to eventually be one person that finds this egg and we're all going to follow his exact instructions. Kornman has just given us an outline that is slightly less vague than what we got from bungie. If Urk never said anything about, no one would even think to look for this egg, let alone dig for it in the scripts.

This kind of reminds me of the HiBen egg from Halo 2.

If you remember that, then props to you.

Anyone else getting annoyed with the collision detection between team mates? It's like if you run by the side of a team mate you're pushed off several feet.

GhaleonEB said:
Well, he didn't exactly tell us where the switch was. Still requires a little digging.

By the way, I picked up the reissue of The Flood. New content was interesting. I guess I'll re-read through some of the book later tonight.

Dennis

Banned
Its true - the AR really is shit. I almost never use it.

Favorite weapons? DMR and the sniper rifle by a wide margin.

Shotgun? Shit as well.

Dax01 said:
Well, he didn't exactly tell us where the switch was. Still requires a little digging.

By the way, I picked up the reissue of The Flood. New content was interesting. I guess I'll re-read through some of the book later tonight.
His last reply said that he'll upload a film later showing how to do it.

So I finally started Reach since I was waiting for my brother to get a copy so we could go through co-op.

Were only about 2 hours in and I know this is a little early but this is what I have been waiting for. The visuals look excellent and the cutscenes are easily the best directed by Bungie. I love all the characters and the chatter between everyone. Also as if there couldn't be a more epic soundtrack the music is another level up for Bungie. The gameplay feels more fluid than ever...I am just in love with the whole thing.

chapel

Banned
So my script caught Bungie updating the thermometer then update it again with another image with less of a change. I don't know why but seems odd.

MrBig said:

Nice to see someone find something like this. This comment on HBO speaks for my opinion of this easter egg situation:

Also, someone locating, extracting, decompiling, and interpreting the level's script file from within the game data to find some clues on the nature of the easter egg impresses me a heck of lot more than some guy who finds a clue or two by sheer luck after flying around New Alexandria for 100 hours. Especially given that Bungie has already ruined the secret by telling everyone about existence of the egg. Fantastic job, Korn.

TL;DR don't panties in a bunch halogaf

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom