• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember R E A C H |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.
The numbers of times I've grabbed snipe in the beginning of Asylum camo'd and proceeded to blain the other sniper is astronomical. Feels good man.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
xxjuicesxx said:
The numbers of times I've grabbed snipe in the beginning of Asylum camo'd and proceeded to blain the other sniper is astronomical. Feels cheap man.

Fixed

Blueblur1

xxjuicesxx said:
The numbers of times I've grabbed snipe in the beginning of Asylum camo'd and proceeded to blain the other sniper is astronomical. Feels good man.
Ugh. The number one thing I hate about Asylum: the sightlines. If only MLG's variant wasn't compromised entirely of Forerunner crap metal.

Just got done playing a few games with my friends flying the pelican and phantom around. You can get people to actually get in the phantom turrets also, pretty cool stuff.

zlatko

Banned
It's impossible to offload this crap game to sell it. I keep trying and lowering the price and no one wants it...can't blame them since the online multiplayer is pure fucking shit.

Atom gets added and is by far the single most cluster fuck shit fiesta of a map I've ever played in any game ever. I thought Cage sucked, wow this takes the cake.

Cliffhanger is equally awful. Stop adding worse maps.

Why should I gain a death to my k/d for a team mate betraying me? A team mate at the end 30 seconds of the game randomly casually walks up behind me throws 2 grenades at me and goes for a melee to finish me off. I can't boot him. THANKS BUNGIE.

Non stop quitters throughout all the game types I played today. 90% no mic non talking worthless fucks.

Camping out the whazoo with power weapons.

Full teams of armor lockers and like 60% lockers on BTB to non stop you from getting a damn kill.

Fuck this game. Clearly not made to be balanced and for ADD 12 year old crack heads.

zlatko said:
It's impossible to offload this crap game to sell it. I keep trying and lowering the price and no one wants it...can't blame them since the online multiplayer is pure fucking shit.

Atom gets added and is by far the single most cluster fuck shit fiesta of a map I've ever played in any game ever. I thought Cage sucked, wow this takes the cake.

Why should I gain a death to my k/d for a team mate betraying me? A team mate at the end 30 seconds of the game randomly casually walks up behind me throws 2 grenades at me and goes for a melee to finish me off. I can't boot him. THANKS BUNGIE.

Non stop quitters throughout all the game types I played today. 90% no mic non talking worthless fucks.

Full teams of armor lockers and like 60% lockers on BTB to non stop you from getting a damn kill.

Fuck this game. Clearly not made to be balanced and for ADD 12 year old crack heads.
34rsny9.jpg

zlatko said:

Maybe you should use armor lock and betray too. That'll show them!

Thanks probation warning message...you just made me lose a DMR battle. Really they toss that shit in your face in the middle of a game?

All disconnects btw, Time Warner has been shit this weekend on my end. I just go black screen and it says Connecting to new host forever then I lose Xbox Live connection. GAH. When the hell will FiOS get here!?

neoism

ZayneH said:
You and anyone else available to help me grind the fuck out of BTB/Invasion/Slayer and possibly SWAT for the weekly? Later today, of course.
yeah I need 200 mo kills. I won't be on again til 9 AM EST tomorrow morning, if I can get up that is :lol

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
xxjuicesxx said:
Thanks probation warning message...you just made me lose a DMR battle. Really they toss that shit in your face in the middle of a game?

All disconnects btw, Time Warner has been shit this weekend on my end. I just go black screen and it says Connecting to new host forever then I lose Xbox Live connection. GAH. When the hell will FiOS get here!?
FiOS isn't coming anytime soon: http://www.usatoday.com/tech/news/2010-03-26-verizon-fios_N.htm

Kuroyume

Banned
xxjuicesxx said:

They've been advertising Fios in Manhattan since '06 and it's still not there... Just saying... :lol

:(

Also I just realized Snipe is on Team Slayer Cage... I guess I've never been sniped on the map before or something cause I asked myself WTF how did I get sniped? and then I had to go into theater and find it.

Just got a film of the match you guys played on my map, Bear Canyon. Thanks for playing on it! The film revealed a lot of interesting things.

For those of you who played, it was the one with the bridge over the canyon... one side has a big ramp that can make a jump to the other side. In the film I saw most fought for the bridge (which I'd hoped for) and there were some funny vehicular shenanigans.

If you guys have any specific feedback about it please let me know. Also, if you try it next week please give CTF a shot :D

Ramirez

zlatko said:

So this is what it's like...to be bad at the game.

Man, I just double whammied you in the CoD thread, feels good man.

zlatko said:
Incredible. You post the same stupid pic in 2 different threads. :lol

Come on bro. :/

I'm actually good at Black Ops. Positive in k/d spread, and go positive most of my games, and often place first or second.

The game is just bad on multiple levels, but this is not here or there in the Halo: Reach thread. Troll somewhere else please.

So to keep the thread rolling on about Halo: Reach I'll say I am excited to bust through Tempest first in the Noble Map Pack before I plunge away into Anchor 9.

What's everyone else going to go to first. Tempest? Breakpoint? Living Dead on Anchor 9?

UltimaPooh said:
I'm actually good at Black Ops. Positive in k/d spread, and go positive most of my games, and often place first or second.

The game is just bad on multiple levels, but this is not here or there in the Halo: Reach thread. Troll somewhere else please.

So to keep the thread rolling on about Halo: Reach I'll say I am excited to bust through Tempest first in the Noble Map Back before I plunge away into Anchor 9.

What's everyone else going to go to first. Tempest? Breakpoint? Living Dead on Anchor 9?

ypvzO.png

zlatko

Banned
Great community. I am not bashing Reach in two threads. Did I bash it here? Yeah I guess so, but I'm allowed to voice my opinion and distaste with a game if I want.

Black Ops thread I stated I thought the multi for Reach is bad (my tastes), and I was excited for Black Ops to hit.

UltimaPonch cool story bro. Making shit up(you aren't playing Black Ops herp derp) and twisting things like that accomplishes what exactly?

At least I had the balls to post my stats for the game I am not content with. At least I'm not going negative and a terrible fuck. I said I'm good...didn't say I was great, but I know I'm not awful. Hell today earlier I had a game where I did nothing but fly around two team mates on Spire and let them rack up massive kills. I had 18 assists total and went -1, but I know I was "good" in that game, because I helped my team big by doing what I did.

Sorry to pea in your pool peeps. The game is bad, because I don't have fun with it. I took a long break from it before I came back to it today to play with a buddy who isn't online often and we both came away just disappointed at the experience we under went.

Hate on haters. :D

I remember the first day this came out the first few multiplayer games I played had people complaining that it played too different from COD and that they were going to trade it in :lol. Guess it's not dudebro enough.

UltimaPooh said:

So to keep the thread rolling on about Halo: Reach I'll say I am excited to bust through Tempest first in the Noble Map Back before I plunge away into Anchor 9.

:lol Iseewhatyoudidthere.gif

zlatko

Banned
chapel said:
Nice splash damage exploit there. I don't see why showing your stats shows anything? Ramirez would spank you.

I showed my stats, because he assumed I was fuck awful at the game. I don't think I am fuck awful. I'm not great, I think I'm good, above average, decent, not crappy.

LOL @ the 2.0K/D ratio is good in your opinion huh? Okay fine. Then I'm bad by your standards. What's great then? What's your stats?

Where is everyone else stats since they want to rip on mine which I am content with. "bu bu you did splash damage to get ranked up faster. you you suck." Come on... I linked to competitive k/d stats---you wandered to that on your own. I used that method like many to get daily challenges done faster. Simple as that.

zlatko said:
I showed my stats, because he assumed I was fuck awful at the game. I don't think I am fuck awful. I'm not great, I think I'm good, above average, decent, not crappy.

LOL @ the 2.0K/D ratio is good in your opinion huh? Okay fine. Then I'm bad by your standards. What's great then? What's your stats?

Where is everyone else stats since they want to rip on mine which I am content with. "bu bu you did splash damage to get ranked up faster. you you suck." Come on... I linked to competitive k/d stats---you wandered to that on your own. I used that method like many to get daily challenges done faster. Simple as that.

I have a better k/d spread than you... My opinion is more valid.

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/CareerStats/default.aspx?player=Josef Redbeard

zlatko said:

Is Reach bad or do you just not like it? Or both?

Personally I think you think you're good because you've placed with Bronze players. You basically play the worst of the worst so occasionally you do great in games. Then afterwards the next game you get donged on and come in here to rage post about these "cheap tactics"

I wouldn't look too into stats but most players here would probably shit on you at HaloGAF.

I'd watch some footage of pro's playing and find out your mistakes, learn the maps, weapon timings, and jump/nade spots.

If you want to be extremely personal though I'd be glad to shit on you 1v1 in Reach or on Nov 9th in Black Ops. :D

chapel

Banned
zlatko said:

You understand that stats mean shit. There are people that go into a game with a bunch of guests and aren't actually playing anyone. Not that your lackluster stats would be that poor if you did that. I don't have great stats, but the best way to handle being called out is to ignore it. You're just making it worse for yourself.

Here are my stats though: thechapel
Edit: and notice I haven't done an exploit once to get cR or challenges. Everything is pure mp matchmaking.

Oh and unrelated, but supposedly someone found a possible way to tell if you are host as the game starts: http://www.youtube.com/user/HaloReachTipscom#p/u/6/fbpCqUnGuPA

Striker

zlatko said:
Hate on haters. :D
Since I won't derail any of the Black Ops thread like you happily enjoy in various forms, my statement is simple. You think it's OK to take pot-shots at Reach (in the thread) while telling others to stay on topic.

The game isn't bad. However if you're not having fun, just don't fuckin' play it. Not rocket science.

k/d comes down to how you play the game, pick dudes off with DMR/sniper (like this bloke above) without putting yourself in danger and your stats should look ok... 1.1 isn't very good if you're playing like that however.

then there's blokes like me who play multi team and objective games, and try to win at games like crazy king and oddball... you die a LOT!!
pummel is by far my best killer :lol

k/d doesn't mean anything as halo is a VERY versatile game, so put your virtual wang away fellas :D

Kujo

zlatko said:
LOL @ the 2.0K/D ratio is good in your opinion huh? Okay fine. Then I'm bad by your standards. What's great then?
mojo is great

you know i will agree about the forge maps in matchmaking, i dun like them. and armor lock can be a bitch. and i dont see the point in friendly fire. and i can see how people can find it frustrating. and cod is a good series. so if halo is not for you, thats ok. we can hug it out man, its all good

zlatko

Banned
xxjuicesxx said:
Is Reach bad or do you just not like it? Or both?

Personally I think you think you're good because you've placed with Bronze players. You basically play the worst of the worst so occasionally you do great in games. Then afterwards the next game you get donged on and come in here to rage post about these "cheap tactics"

I wouldn't look too into stats but most players here would probably shit on you at HaloGAF.

I'd watch some footage of pro's playing and find out your mistakes, learn the maps, weapon timings, and jump/nade spots.

If you want to be extremely personal though I'd be glad to shit on you 1v1 in Reach or on Nov 9th in Black Ops. :D

Combination of things I do not like about the game make for a bad gameplay experience.

I'm not sure how your Arena match ups go, but I rarely if ever play full bronze vs bronze.... in fact I've never had that. Far too often the other team is golds and silvers. Most times though it's people who aren't even ranked yet, so who knows how good they perform until the game plays itself out.

Again, to restate I do NOT think I am great. I will remain saying I think I am good/decent/above average. I do not feel I am crappy at the game. I also do not see what my stats have to do with me not liking map layouts, not liking host advantage, hating the games focus on everyone cluster fucking one area of a map/camping it, not like the constant quitters, not liking the armor abilities balance, etc. Do I have to be 2.0+K/D for that to be valid?

When was I extremely personal? I don't like the game. Everyone is acting like I came in here and beat their first born child. I venture into plenty of threads in Gaf where people don't like games I enjoyed---I don't make it a thing to try and put them on blast. I let them go their own way, because that's their take on the playtime they had with the game.

I'd be more than willing to take you on during Black Ops release when it's fresh if you like. No ill will on my part that'd just be fun. I'm sure most of HaloGaf WOULD crap on me, because I don't play games religiously that I do NOT enjoy.

PM me Nov 10th(Playing a lot of campaign then online with friends on the 9th release day). Should be fun. :)

zlatko

Banned
Mojo said:
mojo is great

you know i will agree about the forge maps in matchmaking, i dun like them. and armor lock can be a bitch. and i dont see the point in friendly fire. and i can see how people can find it frustrating. and cod is a good series. so if halo is not for you, thats ok. we can hug it out man, its all good

Thank you. This is a great comment. I respect a comment like this.

I came into Reach not being a big fan or avid player of the Halo series. I do think Bungie is a great developer and their involvement with their community is outstanding. There is a lot of good within Reach, so maybe the word "awful" was over the top, but the online multiplayer is not for me.

I'll move on and let the thread get back on track.

Daily Challenges:

750cR Gunslinger
Kill 75 enemies in multiplayer Matchmaking.

2000cR A Great Friend
Earn 30 assists today in multiplayer Matchmaking.

500cR Demon
Kill 20 Elites in Firefight Matchmaking.

2500cR The Love of the Game
Complete 20 games in multiplayer Matchmaking.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
zlatko said:
Combination of things I do not like about the game make for a bad gameplay experience.

I'm not sure how your Arena match ups go, but I rarely if ever play full bronze vs bronze.... in fact I've never had that. Far too often the other team is golds and silvers. Most times though it's people who aren't even ranked yet, so who knows how good they perform until the game plays itself out.

Again, to restate I do NOT think I am great. I will remain saying I think I am good/decent/above average. I do not feel I am crappy at the game.
Well don't worry about that, you're not.
I also do not see what my stats have to do with me not liking map layouts, not liking host advantage,
Define host advantage. I've played this game as much as you and I've never lost a game or won a game and thought "That was all host".
hating the games focus on everyone cluster fucking one area of a map/camping it, not like the constant quitters, not liking the armor abilities balance, etc. Do I have to be 2.0+K/D for that to be valid?
Now you're complaining about the customizable gametypes and somehow blaming the game for people quitting? Be reasonable here.
When was I extremely personal?
bububu post ur stats u jerk
I don't like the game. Everyone is acting like I came in here and beat their first born child. I venture into plenty of threads in Gaf where people don't like games I enjoyed---I don't make it a thing to try and put them on blast. I let them go their own way, because that's their take on the playtime they had with the game.

I'd be more than willing to take you on during Black Ops release when it's fresh if you like. No ill will on my part that'd just be fun. I'm sure most of HaloGaf WOULD crap on me, because I don't play games religiously that I do NOT enjoy.

PM me Nov 10th(Playing a lot of campaign then online with friends on the 9th release day). Should be fun. :)

Seriously you've played as much as I have if not more. I have a lot of campaign and silly invasion/custom games. I get it, I wouldn't like a game if I were bad at it either. it's simply not fun to just get crapped on all the time, but at least get some LEGITIMATE complaints.

Striker

When was I extremely personal? I don't like the game. Everyone is acting like I came in here and beat their first born child.
Now I'm usually the one to make fun of people being snippy or defensive in here, but that's not the case here. It seems you just got beaten down and you came on the thread to vent. If you don't like the game, you don't need to write so many words and type it so seriously in two threads. If you don't have fun in a game, it's real simple, don't play it. I stopped playing Halo 3 because I didn't find it fun after a while, and moved on. I didn't come in here and tell everybody how right I am.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom