• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember R E A C H |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.
LAUGHTREY said:
Well don't worry about that, you're not.
Um, 1.1K/D is "above average" pretty much by definition. Halo multiplayer is close to a zero sum game (minus kill calculation errors, suicides, and betrayals, but they are minor in the large scheme of things, and actually hurt everyone's K/D in a small way), so 1.1 is, yeah, above 1.0, and so above average.

Also, even Iron players in Arena will beat up on most of the Halo player population (the guys the likes of, say, LAUGHTREY and juices rarely get to see because of their TrueSkill in each playlist). The number of people who play Arena is a tiny fraction of the playerbase as a whole, and a distortedly 'hardcore' one.

Which is not to say the guy isn't a whining jerk.

TheOddOne

zlatko said:
It's impossible to offload this crap game to sell it. I keep trying and lowering the price and no one wants it...can't blame them since the online multiplayer is pure fucking shit.

Atom gets added and is by far the single most cluster fuck shit fiesta of a map I've ever played in any game ever. I thought Cage sucked, wow this takes the cake.

Cliffhanger is equally awful. Stop adding worse maps.

Why should I gain a death to my k/d for a team mate betraying me? A team mate at the end 30 seconds of the game randomly casually walks up behind me throws 2 grenades at me and goes for a melee to finish me off. I can't boot him. THANKS BUNGIE.

Non stop quitters throughout all the game types I played today. 90% no mic non talking worthless fucks.

Camping out the whazoo with power weapons.

Full teams of armor lockers and like 60% lockers on BTB to non stop you from getting a damn kill.

Fuck this game. Clearly not made to be balanced and for ADD 12 year old crack heads.
2i92r03.jpg

if you hate the fucking game so much go break it in half and piss off to another thread. nobody cares about your inability to trot your ass over to gamestop.

I have the "beat the campaign on Legendary solo" achievement, and yet Bungie.net still shows my single-player campaign completion as Heroic :(

yVv5o.jpg

Yes, Iron. I had thought a positive K/D in Arena would at least get me Bronze, but no. I guess I'm not aggressive enough :lol

Raide

Finally figured out why my Forge map was killing people on spawn. Initially I though the Spawns might be too close. Nope!

I had put in a Hard Kill zone that covered the whole map, instead of a just at the bottom of the map. :lol

Gui_PT said:
The Love of the Game

Complete 20 games in multiplayer Matchmaking.

Dear lord :lol

Who wants to party up? :lol
Oh. I want to finish Naruto UNS2 first. But after that we could play some rounds. Wait a second... Today is Haloween. I'll go to a Haloween Party with friends. So no time for the challenges today :/

Gui_PT

Hypertrooper said:
Oh. I want to finish Naruto UNS2 first. But after that we could play some rounds. Wait a second... Today is Haloween. I'll go to a Haloween Party with friends. So no time for the challenges today :/

But all the good parties were yesterday, bromango.

GhaleonEB said:
Thanks for the feedback. When I watched the films of the first few games on the map, one thing that stood out was people didn't know what quick routes there were on it. My suggestion for flag caps: Take the man cannon next to the base. Or, drop straight down the grav lift chute and take the (newly added) tunnels below there. It's a few second trip to either from the flag point. When playing on the map, I tend to do less playing and more testing stuff out to see if they work. On the last play test, I snagged a flag by taking it over the side man cannon. Tonight, I got one by taking the lower tunnel. But people are just walking past them for the most part.

One thing I noticed is that because you can see the entire map at once, there's this feeling that it takes forever to move around. I used a timer when building it and tested all the routes on foot to move around the map, and it takes (much) less time to walk across than Valhalla, and has the same number of vehicles to move infantry, set to the same timers. So I think there's a mix of perception and reality going on. That said I'll be watching the films closely and looking for ways to help infantry move around if they're needed. I've had two possible additions on backup in case it was an issue. :)
Hm...okay. I see what you're saying. Like I said, those were just initial impressions, so my opinion of the map might evolve the more I play it. That's interesting about Valhalla, though. Playing on the map, it felt a lot bigger than Valhalla to me.
zlatko said:
It's impossible to offload this crap game to sell it. I keep trying and lowering the price and no one wants it...can't blame them since the online multiplayer is pure fucking shit.

Fuck this game. Clearly not made to be balanced and for ADD 12 year old crack heads.
How have you not been banned for trolling like this?

So I saw Willeth post on another forum that he plans on making Serenity in forge. Out of curiousity I searched the Reach files for Firefly and found a handful of REALLY good Serenity maps.

I literally had a nerdgasm walking through some of them, one had the outside created perfectly and the inside created pretty much how I expect the ship to be.

So yeah, thats another cool use of forge, recreating stuff.

Bungie missed a trick today. It's Hallowe'en, why not have a Hallowe'en Challenge? Even something as simple as get a Zombie Killing Spree in multiplayer matchmaking, or just play a game of Infection?

Raide

Shake Appeal said:
Bungie missed a trick today. It's Hallowe'en, why not have a Hallowe'en Challenge? Even something as simple as get a Zombie Killing Spree in multiplayer matchmaking, or just play a game of Infection?

Grunts with pumpkins on their heads.

Monocle

zlatko said:

Atom gets added and is by far the single most cluster fuck shit fiesta of a map I've ever played in any game ever. I thought Cage sucked, wow this takes the cake.

Why should I gain a death to my k/d for a team mate betraying me? A team mate at the end 30 seconds of the game randomly casually walks up behind me throws 2 grenades at me and goes for a melee to finish me off. I can't boot him. THANKS BUNGIE.

Non stop quitters throughout all the game types I played today. 90% no mic non talking worthless fucks.

Full teams of armor lockers and like 60% lockers on BTB to non stop you from getting a damn kill.

WW4lZ.jpg

Good... Goooood...

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Tashi0106 said:
He's right. I'm like 1.6. I'm awful at this game.

Get shit on kid!

zlatko said:

I haven't played the game in a few weeks out of frustration from quitters, and map imperfections, but I would never say the game is garbage, or go to the lengths you are to troll it.

The game is great, but isn't without it's issues two of it's main issues being maps and quitters, but it's still great despite those things, and for you to completely dismiss the game because you simply don't like it is absurd, and childish. You need to quit your trolling.

Come on now, we all here have had our many complaints about the game, oh and I have raged about the stuff that I hate. But that just sounds like you are just angry cause you got stomped or something.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Letters said:
10 days until the Reach online experience™ mysteriously upgrades in quality. :D

9 sleeps

You really think the exodus will be that massive?

I intend to bounce between the two games, but giving Reach a long break for now.

feel

Maybe not massive, but a significative numbers of undesirables will leave. On Halo 3, you could smell the cleaner air through the mic after COD4 came out.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Letters said:
Maybe not massive, but a significative numbers of undesirables will leave. On Halo 3, you could smell the cleaner air through the mic after COD4 came out.

There's some truth to that, but COD stalwarts would say the same thing, no doubt. It's like sports teams. Their guys are evil date-raping Barbarians and ours are slow mo colorized footage of the Babe knocking it out of the park.

The two different styles of play - instant, constant gratification versus tricky tactical mini-encounters, mean that some of the nicer COD people still play Halo like Jordan played baseball.

The problem is acting like the games are identical except in execution. They're not, they're very, very different except in camera perspective.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Letters said:

I hope that's true, if the amount of quitters drops off I will be the happiest guy on Earth.

divisionbyzorro said:
I think the SWAT playlist population will drop considerably.

I think that's a pretty big misnomer, SWAT has always been relatively popular, I imagine if there is any drop off it will be more or less uniform with a slight variation in the "not real Halo" playlists.

Platypus said:
so do we get any cool extras in the armory today for Halloween? It would be cool if they put the haunted visor up today for like 75,000 Credits.

I actually expected them to give us the helmet for free for 1-2 days. Guess that didn't happen.

GhaleonEB

Dax01 said:
Hm...okay. I see what you're saying. Like I said, those were just initial impressions, so my opinion of the map might evolve the more I play it. That's interesting about Valhalla, though. Playing on the map, it felt a lot bigger than Valhalla to me.
Valhalla was more compartmentalized thanks to the hills and caves, I think. It takes between 38 and 50 seconds on foot to get across my map depending on the route, and about 15 seconds for vehicles to get from one end to the other. Which isn't a lot of time. But it can feel like a long time because you can see the entire map, and because of the wide, flat expanses. (Think about maps like Avalanche, Standoff and Rat's Nest, and how long it takes on foot to get across or around them.)

But I take criticism seriously, because if you perceive a map to be too big, it doesn't matter how big it actually is: perception defines your experience. After your post last night, I worked on two possible changes, one minor and one a 40% rebuild (called Crossroads Small) which shaved 15% of the play space off. I might ready both for next weekend and try to play test both back to back and see how they fare.

OuterWorldVoice said:
There's some truth to that, but COD stalwarts would say the same thing, no doubt. It's like sports teams. Their guys are evil date-raping Barbarians and ours are slow mo colorized footage of the Babe knocking it out of the park.

The two different styles of play - instant, constant gratification versus tricky tactical mini-encounters, mean that some of the nicer COD people still play Halo like Jordan played baseball.

The problem is acting like the games are identical except in execution. They're not, they're very, very different except in camera perspective.

This 100%

Whenever I play CoD I hear a ton of people claiming its the Halo players that cause all the trouble. Truth is its a section of the general population on Xbox Live which cause trouble, no matter what game they play.

I know gaming has a history of fanboyism, but as someone who enjoys both CoD and Halo, they are both good games in theyre own right.

GhaleonEB said:
Valhalla was more compartmentalized thanks to the hills and caves, I think. It takes between 38 and 50 seconds on foot to get across my map depending on the route, and about 15 seconds for vehicles to get from one end to the other. Which isn't a lot of time. But it can feel like a long time because you can see the entire map, and because of the wide, flat expanses. (Think about maps like Avalanche, Standoff and Rat's Nest, and how long it takes on foot to get across or around them.)

But I take criticism seriously, because if you perceive a map to be too big, it doesn't matter how big it actually is: perception defines your experience. After your post last night, I worked on two possible changes, one minor and one a 40% rebuild (called Crossroads Small) which shaved 15% of the play space off. I might ready both for next weekend and try to play test both back to back and see how they fare.
Well, hope you didn't do all that work for the majority of people to think Crossroads Small sucks.:lol

zlatko said:
Stop playing BTB alone.

Cliffhanger is fine.

You gained a death because you died, obviously.

Also, you expect Bungie's betrayal system to be able to determine which betrayals were intentional and which ones weren't? Your expectations are awfully unrealistic.

Quitting happens, deal with it.

Why is people not talking so bad? I bet you if 50% of those people actually had mics in, you'd wish they didn't.

Get the power weapons first.

Or just deal with it.

lol armor lockers are annoying at best. They really aren't too hard.

No, that's CoD.

Ramirez

I really wish there was a filter option to not play with split screen people. They're always on my team, and they're always terrible. :|

Self Induced said:
Stop playing BTB alone.

Cliffhanger is fine.

You gained a death because you died, obviously.

Also, you expect Bungie's betrayal system to be able to determine which betrayals were intentional and which ones weren't? Your expectations are awfully unrealistic.

Quitting happens, deal with it.

Why is people not talking so bad? I bet you if 50% of those people actually had mics in, you'd wish they didn't.

Get the power weapons first.

Or just deal with it.

lol armor lockers are annoying at best. They really aren't too hard.

No, that's CoD.

Not that im on his side, but your post is worse than his. Why bother breaking his post apart to just argue 'deal with it'. :lol

As a Reach fan, the game has a ton of problems, and I would rather Bungie fixed those problems than just 'deal with them'.

GhaleonEB

Dax01 said:
Well, hope you didn't do all that work for the majority of people to think Crossroads Small sucks.:lol
It kinda does, actually. Not enough room for vehicles to corner. :lol

We'll see. One big change I'm going to most likely do for sure it getting the man cannon onto the base itself rather than away from it. That way it's easier to find and more accessible. Even last night people were like, wow there's a man cannon next to the base! And I'm like, yes, it's very important. But you can't see it unless you know it's there.

feel

OuterWorldVoice said:

I have nothing against COD style games and their playerbase. Just hating on the "I'll-grief-you-betray-you-and-quit-on-you-because-I-don't-give-a-shit-I'm-just-killing-time-till-Blackops" crowd on Halo.

Ramirez said:
I really wish there was a filter option to not play with split screen people. They're always on my team, and they're always terrible. :|
I love it when both teams get guests but only the ones on my team suck. :lol

bobs99 ... said:
Not that im on his side, but your post is worse than his. Why bother breaking his post apart to just argue 'deal with it'. :lol

As a Reach fan, the game has a ton of problems, and I would rather Bungie fixed those problems than just 'deal with them'.
I don't know if I'm just complacent, ignorant, and/or apathetic but I feel like I have a lot less issues with Reach than everyone else here does. When problems in Reach are highlighted in game, my attitude is usually "How do I figure out a way around this issue?" or "How do I cope with this and still make this game enjoyable?" Reading this thread sometimes, it feels like everybody's instinct when they run into something that annoys them is to just break down and cry about it like a pathetic little bitch.

For example, you can't get mad at the game for the other team all using Armor Lock. That doesn't make sense. What makes sense is changing your strategy and adapting to the situation rather than just getting mad and throwing yourself at the other team again and again hoping something works while screaming insults at them through your mic.

Also: quitting. Why does everybody get so mad at all the quitting? I really couldn't care less, I just see it as a modification to the game and assess if I have to change my strategies or not. I guess I'm just numb to it after all this time because it happened in H2, H3, and it happens in every other game out there. Its just something you have to cope with.

Last example: bad maps. Everyone knows the maps in Reach generally suck, but with the Forge community and dlc maps coming out next month, its an issue I'm confident will get better with time and hopefully by next year we'll have a plethora of amazing maps to play on. Relax, kids.

I haven't bitched in a while, so I guess its fitting I bitched about all the bitching.

To answer your post directly, I hadn't refuted anybody on a forum in years so I literally forgot how to do it, haha. I was trying to make a point-by-point argument but realized after I posted all I did was say "deal with it" :lol

Striker

Ramirez said:
I thought I recall Shishka saying how they can distinguish how often you'll be matched up with guys using a guest or guests. I've met a handful in Team Slayer at times. Usually marching out with a Jetpack and AR.

chapel

Banned
843T9bS.jpg
dfN4I4V.jpg

Updated thermometer, looks like my guess of 2-3 days is about right. If they are generous they will just end it after today. Maybe that is why they are giving the easy one on Monday, as a scapegoat to end it then.

Ramirez

Striker said:
I thought I recall Shishka saying how they can distinguish how often you'll be matched up with guys using a guest or guests. I've met a handful in Team Slayer at times. Usually marching out with a Jetpack and AR.

Well they obviously have the means to limit them, isn't BTB only 1 guest allowed? If they can do that, then I don't see why they can't make a playlist specifically for them. They bring down the quality of every match they're in, that is pretty much fact.

MrBig

Trigger Man is the only iron commendation I have left for matchmaking :lol
e: So I'm trying out the infection playlist for halloween today. Someone decides to stand on my head, i forget about him and jump after a few minutes and I ended up falling to my death and becoming a zombie. Bullshit.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Tashi0106 said:
He's right. I'm like 1.6. I'm awful at this game.
I'm 1.7, I'm slightly better than you. HOW DOES IT FEEL!? ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶

Sad news: I was undefeated in Swat for like 7 games, I lost 2. :(

Why'd I play Swat, after hating on it? Idk, I guess after it getting lumped into it's own playlist, I didn't mind actively choosing to play it. Also I used it to get kills/multikills/game wins faster.

Feels instant satisfaction bro:

8aIeG.jpg

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
zlatko said:

2uh4gw9.jpg

NZNova

Yes! Finished the campaign on solo legendary. Feels good, man. I might have to go back and do the same thing for ODST and Halo 3 now.

I did kind of have to cheese the mac cannon bit though, it seemed pretty much impossible to survive even while firing the gun continually...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom