• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember R E A C H |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dug said:
Personally, I find Rocket Race to be really fun.

On the right maps it can be great fun. I have many fond memories of it on Sandtrap in H3. (I also ended up getting matched up against Lars once too - good fun!)

But in the Multi Team playlist it does seem very much like Infection in Rumble Pit. It's so radically different from the other gametypes that it's best suited to a dedicated playlist.

Kuroyume

Banned
Dax01 said:
Why is every post Kuroyume makes a complaint? I can't stand it. It's so freaking awful.

slapped.gif

Raide

Dani said:
For the Forgetacular competition? Yes. For general matchmaking? Heck no.

Blarg. I cannot enter the competition. :(

Does HaloGAF fancy playing my CTF map called Trapped and throw me back some more feedback? Might be the only way I can get Bungie to take a peek at it. :lol

Tested a bit with ForgeGAF and its coming along now, just need to get some more feedback on the weapons etc.

Cheers!

Trapped CTF File Share Link

Retro

Raide said:
Blarg. I cannot enter the competition. :(

Does HaloGAF fancy playing my CTF map called Trapped and throw me back some more feedback? Might be the only way I can get Bungie to take a peek at it. :lol

Tested a bit with ForgeGAF and its coming along now, just need to get some more feedback on the weapons etc.

Cheers!

Trapped CTF File Share Link

Just wanted to say on behalf of ForgeGAF, Trapped is an amazing map for CTF matches. Like INSANELY good, it makes regular matchmaking maps feel even more terrible than they already do. It really carries the Open World vibe that separates Halo from the glut of shooters out there.

Seriously, check it out.

Raide

Retro said:
Just wanted to say on behalf of ForgeGAF, Trapped is an amazing map for CTF matches. Like INSANELY good, it makes regular matchmaking maps feel even more terrible than they already do. It really carries the Open World vibe that separates Halo from the glut of shooters out there.

Seriously, check it out.

:lol

Gawd no! They will think its viral marketing now.

Dani said:
Just beat the game on solo Legendary. The game seemed more difficult on my first playthrough on Heroic. Almost every single difficult encounter that I remember really wasn't a significant issue on Legendary.

I had the same experience. Best I can tell, this breaks down to two reasons:

• I got better
  • On Heroic, I ran with whatever weapons I came across. On Legendary, I always hunted down fresh PPs when I knew Elites were coming, and Nerfles/Needlers when Brutes were coming.

Two times today, I meleed a sword guy and canceled his lunge so we were both with no shields. Then we "essentially" hit each other again at the same time but only I died. I'm very sure I hit the trigger before I died.

Is this intentional or lag?

MrBig

Grimm Fandango said:
Two times today, I meleed a sword guy and canceled his lunge so we were both with no shields. Then we "essentially" hit each other again at the same time but only I died. I'm very sure I hit the trigger before I died.

Weapons melees are weighted in situations like that so that the weapon that would obviously do more damage would be the winner. They explained it in a BWU.

Retro

Raide said:
:lol

Gawd no! They will think its viral marketing now.

Bah. I can honestly say that out of all the CTF games I've played in ForgeGAF, Trapped has been my favorite. I mean no disrespect to all of the other fantastic maps we've played on, but seriously... CTF on Trapped was a blast, just big enough for the vehicles to be useful, but small enough not to feel empty.

Trapped and... whatever map/gametype we had where everyone was trying to knock each other out of the dome with Gravity Hammers (I forget the name)... those two stick out as my favorite ForgeGAF Moments...

... plus you driving me into the drink, of course.

MrBig

I NEED SCISSORS said:
Would anyone else kill for remakes of Headlong, Relic, Terminal, Containment and Waterworks? Fucking loved those maps in Halo 2 and I miss them so..
No, I don't want any DLC to be dedicated to a remake unless its part of a new forge world.
Every BTB H2 map that has been re-made in forge has so many slow downs and object flashings that they are unplayble. I avoided that in my headlong remake, but its just not the same because of it.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Grimm Fandango said:

I thought if you blocked a sword lunge your shields drop all the way while his do not

Tashi0106 said:
I thought if you blocked a sword lunge your shields drop all the way while his do not

Pretty sure if you block a sword lunge you get taken down to a single bar of health with no shields. The sword guy just loses his shields as you'd expect from a successful melee attack.

The second time you melee the sword guy will win because the health difference means there's no simultaneous beat down.

zumphry

Banned
GhaleonEB said:
I saved the whole damn thing. For posterity. :lol

Worried that B.net would gobble the game up?

Think this might be my perfect game, doesn't show it as Mythic Score Attack for some reason. I'll check once I can get on my Xbox.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Photolysis said:
Pretty sure if you block a sword lunge you get taken down to a single bar of health with no shields. The sword guy just loses his shields as you'd expect from a successful melee attack.

The second time you melee the sword guy will win because the health difference means there's no simultaneous beat down.

ok, how exactly is this performed? just a melee timed when you are getting sworded, no? swear to god it was fairly reliable in the beta, but i dont think i've done it yet in the full game. maybe my internet and lag is THAT BAD.

chapel

Banned
Bah humbug. I post that link before tashi, get no response, he posts it, and everyone responds. Damn myself for not making the montage!!!!!!!!!!!1

zumphry

Banned
chapel said:
Bah humbug. I post that link before tashi, get no response, he posts it, and everyone responds. Damn myself for not making the montage!!!!!!!!!!!1

blah blah blah im chapel blah

(you on reach now?)

MrBig said:
Weapons melees are weighted in situations like that so that the weapon that would obviously do more damage would be the winner. They explained it in a BWU.

Lame.

I'll just have to remember to shoot him. I'm too reliant on melee in Halo :p

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
chapel said:
You shall learn the error of your ways.

Tashi

chapel said:

:lol Get shit on

I don't like the two community maps, Atom and Cliffhanger, in matchmaking.

Cliffhanger doesn't flow well at all; it's too compartmentalized. Atom has a problem with its spawns: If one dude gets on the top of your base, it's extremely hard to kill him, and he has a very good view of your entire base.

Tashi

I feel like if you're really good at Arena doubles, it's because you play like a pussy.

How to play like a pussy:

1. Your movement around the map is dictated primarily by radar

2. You camp with Shotty and sword

3. You use camo sniper

If people want to exploit the game and do this stuff, whatever. That's not their fault. The problem I have is that Arena gameplay encourages it.

The best Arena 2v2 maps I've played are Asylum, Zealot and Powerhouse. I would say Countdown is very close to getting up there, I would remove 1 of the close range power weapons. The common thing between all of those maps is that the combat on those maps is primarily DMR to DMR. They encourage team work. That also brings up another issue. Maps and settings that work for 4v4 don't necessarily work for 2v2. They should be tweaked accordingly right?

Am I talking crazy or do you guys get where I'm coming from? And btw, I've won 18 out of my last 25 Arena Doubles matches. I'm not saying all of this because I'm getting my ass kicked and am raging. Most of those guys we lost don't really know how easily I could have switched to camo, jetpack or even armor lock and completely fucked their day up. Hologram for life baby!

I'm gonna start a hologram revolution

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Singles and Doubles have always been that. This isn't Unreal or Quake. Auto aim makes up for the lack of skill, regen health makes the fight reset after every encounter, the game heavily rests on first hit which promotes camping, etc.

Tashi0106 said:
I feel like if you're really good at Arena doubles, it's because you play like a pussy.

How to play like a pussy:

1. Your movement around the map is dictated primarily by radar

2. You camp with Shotty and sword

3. You use camo sniper

If people want to exploit the game and do this stuff, whatever. That's not their fault. The problem I have is that Arena gameplay encourages it.

The best Arena 2v2 maps I've played are Asylum, Zealot and Powerhouse. I would say Countdown is very close to getting up there, I would remove 1 of the close range power weapons. The common thing between all of those maps is that the combat on those maps is primarily DMR to DMR. They encourage team work. That also brings up another issue. Maps and settings that work for 4v4 don't necessarily work for 2v2. They should be tweaked accordingly right?

Am I talking crazy or do you guys get where I'm coming from? And btw, I've won 18 out of my last 25 Arena Doubles matches. I'm not saying all of this because I'm getting my ass kicked and am raging. Most of those guys we lost don't really know how easily I could have switched to camo, jetpack or even armor lock and completely fucked their day up. Hologram for life baby!

I'm gonna start a hologram revolution

Replace "Arena Doubles" with every "non slayer-pro" match and I think you're on to something.

Kajiba

StUnNeR H2K said:
Finished the weekly challenge... multi-team makes it too easy.

Just got it too. I don't think I would've got the weekly challenge if I wasn't on vacation this week :lol.

Also just hit Lt. Colonel. Maaaaan....That gap between Major grade 3 to Lt. Colonel is brutal. Doesn't even look like the bar goes up when you finish a game.

A bit late on replying to these, but this-

GhaleonEB said:
My primary wish is for an epic canvas map, rather than several fully developed maps stitched together. The only true canvas ares on Forge World are the Colosseum, the grassy nook the Sanctuary remake is set, and the sky (which is where I built my map). The Gulch, the island and the surrounding hills all have the geometry detailed with rocks, logs and such that make them very inflexible spaces. (It took me two weeks to settle on a location for map #2 because I wanted a symmetric BTB space.) I was hoping for something like Sandbox's basin, writ large.

Wish #2 is for a set of smooth, rounded terrain objects to create undulating terrain with. Something like the golf cup, upside down, but larger and prettier. With that, Forge would have a faux terrain editor.

and this-

StUnNeR H2K said:
Option to change the texture on objects or a variety in the theme...

Are what I would like to see from the next forgeworld. Make the environments awesome looking, but make them good to work with. Same with the forge pieces. Add a few new effects in like maybe a rain filter and I think it would be great.

StUnNeR H2K

Dani said:
Add a rain filter, lazy Bungle! :lol

Not sure that would work in Multi-player, would probably add to performance issues. Of course it would be a fun option to have, just don't ever put it in match-matchmaking.

Demoncarnotaur said:
Are what I would like to see from the next forgeworld. Make the environments awesome looking, but make them good to work with. Same with the forge pieces. Add a few new effects in like maybe a rain filter and I think it would be great.

I like my "Forge House" idea. It's a house... that has rooms. Each room is a different space to forge in. Each room is different aesthetically, and of course they vary in different shapes and sizes. It's the same basic idea as Forge World, except it's not as boring looking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom