• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember R E A C H |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.
bobs99 ... said:
Maybe try a player vs player matchmaking game? Firefight might not work? I got my challenge complete after a game of Swat.
That's not the problem. I got the challenge, but I didn't get any credits for it.

Letters said:
I love hologram. It's the only AA that doesn't feel cheap, since it doesn't help you directly in some major way, and it almost never works, it feels almost like as if you're playing with no AA at all. But when you finally manage to trick someone bad, it feels oh so good.

I get 40% of my kills due to the hologram.

I'm not a great player by any means (1.1:1 kdr averaging 10-15 kills a game) but I really rely on the hologram. Totally under appreciated, and I love it that way!

Get in a gunfight, go behind a pillar and 9 times out of 10 you've got the guy.

PalaceBrother said:
I get 40% of my kills due to the hologram.

I'm not a great player by any means (1.1:1 kdr averaging 10-15 kills a game) but I really rely on the hologram. Totally under appreciated, and I love it that way!

Get in a gunfight, go behind a pillar and 9 times out of 10 you've got the guy.
I remembergetting tricked many a time on powerhouse. The dude had it standing on top of the stairs looking down as I ran up... damn... I fell for it :(

Dax01 said:
Same here. And I don't think this is the first time this has happened. Like, with "The Love of the Game" challenge yesterday, it said "challenge complete" post-game, but I wasn't awarded any credits.

happened to me twice, probably more.
sux when it's 3000cR too

Hydranockz said:
I remembergetting tricked many a time on powerhouse. The dude had it standing on top of the stairs looking down as I ran up... damn... I fell for it :(

There are a lot of great places for it:

If you want to camp the top of the elevator in Sword Base, have your hologram face the lift.

Sniping from Pinnacle? Have him standing at the rail looking down with a sniper rifle. You can rack up the crouched kills beside him.

Sniping on Asylum - do the same thing.

I mostly use it on the run though. ie. to get out of a firefight or get the upper hand, or if I'm recovering in a doorway (crouched), send it out to fool someone coming in the door.

Dax01 said:
That's not the problem. I got the challenge, but I didn't get any credits for it.

Hmm, how do you know if this happens? Did you just keep track of your credits pre and post game?

I was sure those kind of match over challenges are just automatically applied without you actually seeing them, now im not so sure :(

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
So good to just get up in the morning, sit in front of your Xbox, and have a damn good session of Reach where you kick ass. :D

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
enzo_gt said:
I'd rather have various skyboxes and full environments than various colosseums IMO. Next map pack should be strictly forge environments. And yes, coloured/textured blocks or block toggles are a must.

i think going forward, each dlc map should be it own forge world. imagine if anchor 9 was just one ship in a giant forge space. maybe littered about could be giant pieces of wrecked ships to forge in, or just space. the forge pallet could mimick the style of anchor 9 with pieces mimicking those found in forgeworld.

tempest is even easier to envision, as it looks like forgeworld a bit already and looks to use the same objects. all it needs is for your forge construct to also be able to "go outside the canyon" to the hills and fields beyond.

with the map aesthetic done, it wouldnt seem to be that difficult to create several specific areas for forgers outside the bungie offering, with space in between to get creative.

Dax01 said:

I did get the points.

But not at the end of the game. You get them while still in the lobby.

At least that's how it worked for me.

Gui_PT

metareferential said:
I did get the points.

But not at the end of the game. You get them while still in the lobby.

At least that's how it worked for me.

I think the problem is that you get the warning that you finished the challenge in the lobby, but you get no credits.

Gui_PT said:
I think the problem is that you get the warning that you finished the challenge in the lobby, but you get no credits.

I'm sure I got the credits, since I was at the start of a new rank, and at the end of the score attack I played I got around 1500 cR.

But I was much further into that same rank when I checked.

I could very well be wrong though.

Gui_PT said:

that's how these challenges have always worked for me. I don't see the credits in the post-game but I get the credits.

Gui_PT

metareferential said:
I'm sure I got the credits, since I was at the start of a new rank, and at the end of the score attack I played I got around 1500 cR.

But I was much further into that same rank when I checked.

I could very well be wrong though.

I just got the challenge for starting a FF game. Wasn't expecting it so I couldn't check if I got the credits or not =\

Kuroyume

Banned
That happens to me sometimes. It happened yesterday with that 20 game challenge. After the final game it didn't show any challenge Cr in the screen that pops up after the game (with the slot), but once I left that screen and went to the main menu the little pop up appeared saying I completed the challenge. I don't think I got any points for it although it's difficult to say. I sat through like two torturous games of Rocket Race for that so it would suck if it wasn't added. :lol

R_GILL

I'm tanking for Kabanov!
Gui_PT said:
I just got the challenge for starting a FF game. Wasn't expecting it so I couldn't check if I got the credits or not =\

Just tested it, I had 107929 credits prior to playing a game. Played 1 game of score attack and the post game screen said I got 1121 credits and my total credits afterward was 112050.

R_GILL said:
Just tested it, I had 107929 credits prior to playing a game. Played 1 game of score attack and the post game screen said I got 1121 credits and my total credits afterward was 112050.

Good to hear :)

(total was 4121 for those too lazy to do the math ;) )

GhaleonEB

R_GILL said:
I don't think it worked for me. I was just a whisper away from being promoted - 2-3k cR - and on my first game I got 1k and didn't get promoted, just got very close. And on the second game, the bar at the post game report was the same as at the end of the previous, and it took the 2.5k payout to promote me. And only 2.5k cR were added then. Had my 3k been added, I'd have been promoted between the games, or pushed the bar further after the second.
R_GILL said:
That is weird.

I just tried it on a friends account and right after the challenge completed thing popped up I checked the armory and the 3000 cr were already added right when the score attack voting options came up before the game. I don't even think you need to play the game to get the credits.
The only possiblity I can think of is that they credits were added before the post game report of the first game. That or they weren't added.

Not a huge deal either way, I just like to see bars advance. It's like a little hit in the morning. The Campaign Challenge will be fun tonight - I'm thinking ONI.

R_GILL

I'm tanking for Kabanov!
GhaleonEB said:
I don't think it worked for me. I was just a whisper away from being promoted - 2-3k cR - and on my first game I got 1k and didn't get promoted, just got very close. And on the second game, the bar at the post game report was the same as at the end of the previous, and it took the 2.5k payout to promote me. And only 2.5k cR were added then. Had my 3k been added, I'd have been promoted between the games, or pushed the bar further after the second.

That is weird.

I just tried it on a friends account and right after the challenge completed thing popped up I checked the armory and the 3000 cr were already added right when the score attack voting options came up before the game. I don't even think you need to play the game to get the credits.

Gui_PT

R_GILL said:
That is weird.

I got it in the FF lobby.

Dani said:
Add a rain filter, lazy Bungle! :lol

:lol I didn't mean it like that. I know it wouldn't be easy, and possibly it wouldn't work, so Im not complaining that we dont have one. I also wouldn't care if we didn't get one. I do not think Bungie is lazy at all, not by a long shot. Just listing my own ideal wish list, whether possible or not.

Another thing to add to that list- We know pelicans and phantoms can be piloted... Add them to the next "forgeworld"! I know they would never be added to MM, but custom games would be great.

So I started searching for my game (Rumble Pit) and immediately got my points and challenge completed for the link one. Bungie.net didn't reflect this but my game did have the 3000 credits added. After I finished the game, I got 799 credits. Then my Bungie.net profile showed I accumulated 3799 credits. So I'm all good.

Willeth

Dani said:
You should have just waited until tomorrow. =P
No shit. Didn't see this posted, but the bar is so damn close due to today's challenge.

0Ko634n.jpg

Ramirez

Neverender said:
My god I wish there was a setting to stop the menu music from playing

Search for a game in matchmaking and cancel it, the music stops...

^ Ugh, really? You couldn't just go ahead and unlock the cap. -_-

StUnNeR H2K

So does the rank cap lift the second we hit 117 million, the next day or when someone decides to push the button? I would assume the 117 million mark is hit today, but curious as to if that means the cap will life at some point today.

Sorry if this has already been discussed...

MIMIC

Banned
Regarding the weekly challenges (for the achievement and in the future), do you have to start them on a particular day or does "day 1" start for you as soon as you attempt it?

Willeth

MIMIC said:
Regarding the weekly challenges (for the achievement and in the future), do you have to start them on a particular day or does "day 1" start for you as soon as you attempt it?
Neither, really. You have a window from 10AM GMT on Monday to the same time the following week to do whatever you need to. It doesn't matter when you start. I could get all of this week's multikills today, I could get them all on Sunday night, or I could get any number over the course of the week.

RdN

All daily challenges complete. Bring down the cap!! :D

So does the rank cap lift the second we hit 117 million, the next day or when someone decides to push the button? I would assume the 117 million mark is hit today, but curious as to if that means the cap will life at some point today.

Would like to know that too!

Bah, I can't seem to get the easy 3000 cR. I'm already linked with Bungie.net and have played several FF matches and several other matches against people but no luck. =(

So close to Lieutenant too.

Raide

koshunter said:
Bah, I can't seem to get the easy 3000 cR. I'm already linked with Bungie.net and have played several FF matches and several other matches against people but no luck. =(

So close to Lieutenant too.

I went in to Score Attack MM and it just popped up that the challenge was done, even before I started a game. :lol Try that, it might work for you.

pringles

Dax01 said:
I really hope the next weekly challenge Bungie puts out is campaign related. Campaign challenges are always the most fun.
It should be a "any game mode" challenge. X number of something in any game mode in one week for example. I don't like being locked into campaign/firefight/mm for a whole week just to get a challenge.

RdN

Ramirez said:
I thought season 3 was no radar? It's still there...

I do enjoy feasting on scrubs when the trueskill is reset though.

Update to Arena playlist is going live tomorrow, IIRC.

Yep, from BWU:

Although The November 2nd playlist update isn’t the same species of two-headed monstrosity we already unleashed this month, we do plan on making some significant alterations on the Arena front next Tuesday. Specifically:

Doubles Arena
Voting options increased
Slayer DMRs replaced by Arena Slayer Pro
Team Arena
Voting options increased
Slayer DMRs replaced by Arena Slayer Pro

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Ramirez said:
I thought season 3 was no radar? It's still there...

I do enjoy feasting on scrubs when the trueskill is reset though.

Can you choose maps again?

^^^ never mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom