• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember R E A C H |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
-Yeti said:
I like my "Forge House" idea. It's a house... that has rooms. Each room is a different space to forge in. Each room is different aesthetically, and of course they vary in different shapes and sizes. It's the same basic idea as Forge World, except it's not as boring looking.
I'd rather have various skyboxes and full environments than various colosseums IMO. Next map pack should be strictly forge environments. And yes, coloured/textured blocks or block toggles are a must.

enzo_gt said:
I'd rather have various skyboxes and full environments than various colosseums IMO. Next map pack should be strictly forge environments. And yes, coloured/textured blocks or block toggles are a must.

What I meant by each room having different aesthetics was that they would actually have their own unique terrain and even skyboxes. For example: the "Living Room" would be a large desert environment used for making large BTB maps.

Having each room being only a Colosseum would be even more boring than Forge World. :lol

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
-Yeti said:
What I meant by each room having different aesthetics was that they would actually have their own unique terrain and even skyboxes.

Tobacco-Pipe-Wooden-1-icon.jpg
+
0.jpg

Ramirez

I couldn't even get the 20 games in today for the challenge, bummer. I really hope the cap comes off tomorrow, but I know it won't...

Kuroyume

Banned
Add me to the list of people who are tired of armor lock. Problem in Team Slayer? No. Team Objective? No. BTB? No. Invasion? No. But.. EVERY BITCH in MULTI TEAM uses it and it's so fucking annoying. You're ready to kill someone and he goes into armor lock and you can't just wait for him to get out of it because there are people spawning all over the place and constantly on your ass. At the very least take that shit out of that playlist.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
-Yeti said:
What I meant by each room having different aesthetics was that they would actually have their own unique terrain and even skyboxes. For example: the "Living Room" would be a large desert environment used for making large BTB maps.

Having each room being only a Colosseum would be even more boring than Forge World. :lol
Ugh no, NO DESERTS, NO SAND. kthx

Striker

Plywood said:
Ugh no, NO DESERTS, NO SAND. kthx
An area similar to Burial Mounds or Relic would be fine by me. :p

Though I much prefer a Covenant, urban, or snow location if we receive another FW map.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Striker said:
An area similar to Burial Mounds or Relic would be fine by me. :p

Though I much prefer a Covenant, urban, or snow location if we receive another FW map.
Damn your nostalgia, if you're going there, then I'd want maps like Terminal, Elongation, Headlong and Turf. xP

But yeah, I like those kinda themed maps as well.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
timetokill said:
Zealot in the list of best maps? What??
Arena Zealot anyway, the sightlines are all 100% mid-range DMR fights, the lifts are even cool to get around the map quickly or as an escape if you use it right.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
LAUGHTREY said:
Arena Zealot anyway, the sightlines are all 100% mid-range DMR fights, the lifts are even cool to get around the map quickly or as an escape if you use it right.
Yea I personally wish the lifts were closed off but I can deal with it. But yea that map has no power weapons really, it flows pretty well. It has some decent jumps and ledges, nothing crazy though. Very solid map.

op_ivy said:
ok, how exactly is this performed? just a melee timed when you are getting sworded, no? swear to god it was fairly reliable in the beta, but i dont think i've done it yet in the full game. maybe my internet and lag is THAT BAD.

Good question. All I know is that a lot of players don't seem to have problems blocking my lunges, but my blocks rarely work.

Anyone who can do it consistently got any tips?

Shake Appeal said:
These are the best four maps in the game period.

Countdown and Zealot have grown on me. Powerhouse isn't too bad either.

The basic components of Asylum are good as you'd expect, but the map feels too compressed compared to the original. The rocks that lead in to the upper level of the centre can be quite frustrating and cause you to get stuck. It's like the steps on Powerhouse in the beta.

The frame rate problems and kill zones need to be adjusted too. It's still possible to hide on the cliff face.

Pinnacle is a good remake in terms of geometry, but there really should be a soft kill barrier to stop people hiding on top of the larger tower. The weapons also need to be balanced because blue team has such a huge advantage, with easy access to the rocket launcher and shotgun.

The Cage just needs better spawns, period. I got assassinated the other day at the tower because with the entire map to choose from, the game chose to spawn a player right behind me (4v4). Add in to that being spawn camped in objective games as offense, constantly having players spawn at the back wall... it's just a bad experience all around.

Gunslinger
Kill 40 enemies in multiplayer Matchmaking. 400cR

One Spartan Army
Kill 150 enemies in Firefight Matchmaking. 1500cR

House of Pain
Complete a Campaign mission on Heroic with Mythic, Tilt, and Thunderstorm on. 1000cR

Linked Up with Bungie.net
Link your gamertag with Bungie.net and play a game in Halo: Reach Matchmaking. 3000cR

Weekly:
Multiplicative
Earn 45 Multikills in multiplayer Matchmaking this week. 2000cR

Hypertrooper said:
Link your gamertag with Bungie.net and play a game in Halo: Reach Matchmaking. 3000cR

They didn't title that "Link up with the B.net"?!

Weekly looks kind of weak. Pretty easy though.

chapel

Banned
I just started searching for a game and got the Linked up challenge. Didn't even find people to play. Super simple 3k.

They changed the qualification requirements for Arena. Its 4 games for 5 days to get rated. Interesting. Though atm it says no one is playing arena at all.

Gui_PT

Hypertrooper said:
Gunslinger
Kill 40 enemies in multiplayer Matchmaking. 400cR

One Spartan Army
Kill 150 enemies in Firefight Matchmaking. 1500cR

House of Pain
Complete a Campaign mission on Heroic with Mythic, Tilt, and Thunderstorm on. 1000cR

Weekly:
Multiplicative
Earn 45 Multikills in multiplayer Matchmaking this week. 2000cR

Goddamn, I totally forgot about the hour change :lol

Gui_PT

SailorDaravon said:
? DST doesn't end until next Sunday (unless you're outside the US and it's different there).

Usually, challenges reset at 11 AM for me. So today, I turn on my laptop to check the dailies and they had been out for an hour already, since clocks in Europe went back one hour this saturday.

Btw, does anyone know when the dashboard update goes live today?

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
Gui_PT said:
Usually, challenges reset at 11 AM for me. So today, I turn on my laptop to check the dailies and they had been out for an hour already, since clocks in Europe went back one hour this saturday.

Btw, does anyone know when the dashboard update goes live today?
Update should already be up.

Willeth

Just disconnected to check my rank and had a look at the armour options for Colonel.

Firstly, I am in love with the sniper shoulders. Secondly, why is the right one cheaper than the left? :lol The Mark V shoulders are the same.

Tashi0106 said:
I feel like if you're really good at Arena doubles, it's because you play like a pussy.

How to play like a pussy:

1. Your movement around the map is dictated primarily by radar

2. You camp with Shotty and sword

3. You use camo sniper

If people want to exploit the game and do this stuff, whatever. That's not their fault. The problem I have is that Arena gameplay encourages it.

The best Arena 2v2 maps I've played are Asylum, Zealot and Powerhouse. I would say Countdown is very close to getting up there, I would remove 1 of the close range power weapons. The common thing between all of those maps is that the combat on those maps is primarily DMR to DMR. They encourage team work. That also brings up another issue. Maps and settings that work for 4v4 don't necessarily work for 2v2. They should be tweaked accordingly right?

Am I talking crazy or do you guys get where I'm coming from? And btw, I've won 18 out of my last 25 Arena Doubles matches. I'm not saying all of this because I'm getting my ass kicked and am raging. Most of those guys we lost don't really know how easily I could have switched to camo, jetpack or even armor lock and completely fucked their day up. Hologram for life baby!

I'm gonna start a hologram revolution

Yeah, I see 100% where your coming from, and the same issues come across in arena slayer to an extent.

I avoid the arena because of this, its not competative at all. I win most of my matches and I still think the better man loses more than he wins. :lol

Thats how Doubles has always been. Either you just run train with host so fast the other team can't get its footing and its a blow out or it becomes a cat and mouse game that lasts forever and is usually decided by whoever grabs the last kill before time expires.

Haven't lost one yet though.

Like the change of Arena down to 5 days, probably will be able to hit that this month.

Whats the point of this dashbored(c what i did there) update, do I get anything out of it?

feel

I'll probably go for that 3k challenge today, doing my part towards the 117m goal and all. You're welcome guys.

Tashi0106 said:
I'm gonna start a hologram revolution
YzT1b.png

I love hologram. It's the only AA that doesn't feel cheap, since it doesn't help you directly in some major way, and it almost never works, it feels almost like as if you're playing with no AA at all. But when you finally manage to trick someone bad, it feels oh so good.

xxjuicesxx said:
Thats how Doubles has always been. Either you just run train with host so fast the other team can't get its footing and its a blow out or it becomes a cat and mouse game that lasts forever and is usually decided by whoever grabs the last kill before time expires.

Haven't lost one yet though.

Like the change of Arena down to 5 days, probably will be able to hit that this month.

Whats the point of this dashbored(c what i did there) update, do I get anything out of it?

Huh? When did they announce this?

GhaleonEB said:
That's odd. I sure didn't get the 3,000 credits. First game of Score Attack was just over 1,000 total credits, no Challenge payout. Second one I got the 1,500 One Spartan Army, total payout about 2,500 for the game.

Try a PvP game. Seems there is some discrepancy between the challenge description and what urk said in the update:

"Link your gamertag with a Bungie.net profile and play one measly matchmaking game and you’ll snag what’s likely to be the easiest Challenge of your career."

Dunno maybe Firefight doesn't count. Hope it's not too late.

GhaleonEB said:
That's odd. I sure didn't get the 3,000 credits. First game of Score Attack was just over 1,000 total credits, no Challenge payout. Second one I got the 1,500 One Spartan Army, total payout about 2,500 for the game.

Some challenges don't payout in-game, but the credits get added to your total silently. Did you check the list to see if it's complete?

GhaleonEB said:
Same here. And I don't think this is the first time this has happened. Like, with "The Love of the Game" challenge yesterday, it said "challenge complete" post-game, but I wasn't awarded any credits.

Anyway, did the campaign challenge on Heroic on Exodus. So much fun.

bobs99 ... said:
Yeah, I see 100% where your coming from, and the same issues come across in arena slayer to an extent.

I avoid the arena because of this, its not competative at all. I win most of my matches and I still think the better man loses more than he wins. :lol

I avoid the arena because a rating system that doesn't accurately reflect how helpful you are to the team is useless. And it annoys me even more when I don't get credit for assists, or the game refuses to correctly attribute my kills to me.

Regardless of the flaws in the ranking process in H2/H3, at least the basis they start from (wins rank you up, loses down) is sound.

Chorazin

Been away from Halo all week while the GF plays Fable III, and what do I see? A 3000 cR challenge just to play a game when you're linked to B.net.

Fuck yeah! She's away tonight so I'm getting my Reach on.

WickedLaharl said:
i played a game and didn't complete the link-up challenge :(
When I played the game this morning I received the challenge as soon as I jumped into a Matchmaking hopper. It seems to reward pre-game and not post-game.

LosDaddie

Banned
Dax01 said:
Same here. And I don't think this is the first time this has happened. Like, with "The Love of the Game" challenge yesterday, it said "challenge complete" post-game, but I wasn't awarded any credits.

WickedLaharl said:
i played a game and didn't complete the link-up challenge :(

It's not working? :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom