• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember R E A C H |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

MIMIC

Banned
Willeth said:
Neither, really. You have a window from 10AM GMT on Monday to the same time the following week to do whatever you need to. It doesn't matter when you start. I could get all of this week's multikills today, I could get them all on Sunday night, or I could get any number over the course of the week.

Thanks. I glanced at one weekly challenge and it was something like "play multiplayer every day this week" and I thought they were all like that (where something has to be accomplished every single day for 1 week).

neoism

:lol :lol :lol WTF bungle. I found all the players, and then it restarted the search, and I got the link bungie.net Challenge... without getting the 3000cR :|

zumphry

Banned
Whenever I hear a Grunt talking I imagine it goes like this:
yo dawg i herd u liek fuel rods so we put a fuel rod in ur fuel rod so when u wanna be blasted in ur face, u can be blasted in ur face. Ha ha.

Oh well, got up to Lt. Colonel G1. Gonna love seeing everyone up to like General or something tomorrow.

Sai-kun

Banned
ZayneH said:
Whenever I hear a Grunt talking I imagine it goes like this:

Oh well, got up to Lt. Colonel G1. Gonna love seeing everyone up to like General or something tomorrow.
"also gimme dat food nipple!"

Wow, so I can play any other MP game without lag, but I can't play Reach without my connection going crazy and teleporting me in front of exploding vehicles. Ugh, no wonder I can't stand MP anymore, it's the only game I lag in now. Never happened before, this sucks so much.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
CrazedArabMan said:
Wow, so I can play any other MP game without lag, but I can't play Reach without my connection going crazy and teleporting me in front of exploding vehicles. Ugh, no wonder I can't stand MP anymore, it's the only game I lag in now. Never happened before, this sucks so much.
The lag in some Firefight games, is so astronomically bad, I cannot believe it. Halo is usually such a polished product, but I'm not willing to give it an immediate pass for being Halo.

Sometimes FF multiplayer is 100% unplayable. I counted about a 2 second response time in one game. Granted it most of the time fixes itself, its astounding how this was not addressed in testing and whatnot.

MrBig

enzo_gt said:
The lag in some Firefight games, is so astronomically bad, I cannot believe it. Halo is usually such a polished product, but I'm not willing to give it an immediate pass for being Halo.

Sometimes FF multiplayer is 100% unplayable. I counted about a 2 second response time in one game. Granted it most of the time fixes itself, its astounding how this was not addressed in testing and whatnot.
Firefight works by sending your information to the host and then the host send your information back to you. That means, take whatever your ping is and at least double it and then add the hosts ping.

enzo_gt said:

No I'm talking regular MP, I haven't played MP in over a week, play 3 games today, first 2 games just major lag, 3rd game was better but still bad. Sucked all 3 games.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
MrBig said:
Firefight works by sending your information to the host and then the host send your information back to you. That means, take whatever your ping is and at least double it and then add the hosts ping.
How does normal matchmaking work then? I presumed its similar or no?

CrazedArabMan said:
No I'm talking regular MP, I haven't played MP in over a week, play 3 games today, first 2 games just major lag, 3rd game was better but still bad. Sucked all 3 games.
Oh I know, I was just venting in reply to you mentioning lag in Reach :lol

MrDaravon

For people having problem with the bnet Challenge, I'm seeing some people on the bnet forums saying that you have to set up a faceplate to get the Challenge. So everyone having trouble may want to try that.

that didn't work for me but maybe it'll work for others. either way good lookin out :)

oh and on a side note i'm starting to get addicted to the challenges. at first i didn't care about them AT ALL but now i'll go after any that i can complete easily.

bungie i hate you :(

Lazslo

Weird, but I said something about Bungie's next IP being subscription based earlier tonight and then I stumbled across this Pack-Attack video. I know it's old news but I honestly think he's right even-though I hope he's wrong. Anyone else agree that in 5-10 years the current Xbox-Live model will be history?

Smokey

man wtf why is everyone still muted in my games even after the dashboard update? i've checked all of my settings...i don't have mute fucking on...wtf man

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Smokey said:
man wtf why is everyone still muted in my games even after the dashboard update? i've checked all of my settings...i don't have mute fucking on...wtf man
Did you go to the dashboard and click on your name/avatar go to Online Safety and change settings?

Or maybe you've muted everyone in the audio settings in Reach?

Smokey

Plywood said:
Did you go to the dashboard and click on your name/avatar go to Online Safety and change settings?

Or maybe you've muted everyone in the audio settings in Reach?

no i havent muted everyone in audio settings..in fact i've never messed with audio settings but i checked just in case and everything was normal.

wtf is this..i've had this problem for weeks being in the beta..and i thought it would go away today

edit: ah settings were on custom..don't know why..i've never touched online settings ever.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Smokey said:
no i havent muted everyone in audio settings..in fact i've never messed with audio settings but i checked just in case and everything was normal.

wtf is this..i've had this problem for weeks being in the beta..and i thought it would go away today

Happened to me before. In the dashboard settings, mute everyone and then un-mute them. That fixed it for me. Good luck!

neoism said:
:lol :lol :lol WTF bungle. I found all the players, and then it restarted the search, and I got the link bungie.net Challenge... without getting the 3000cR :|
I got it when I started searching for a game, pretty sure it loads in automatically though.

I didn't remember having what I had at the end of the match. Had to have boosted it without showing me.

feel

CrazedArabMan said:
I have the worst internet connection on halogaf, and the matches run smooth for me most of the time. Something must be wrong on your end.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Domino Theory said:
No one can beat my Pacifism score
except for Tango and his brother, those cheating fucks.

Yea that I won't touch but I just beat your Time Limit score. Fuckin Bladed has 9million in that mode. I'll never get that :lol

So, what do you guys think the cap will be raised to?

And on an unrelated note: Cliffhanger needs to get the fuck out of SWAT. I was spawn killed 6 times in a row, lived for a couple kills, and then spawn killed another 5 times. Fuck that map.

Anybody else too nice to post game shit talk someone in a private message when they were acting like such a douche? I grabbed the sniper first in BTB on Hemorrhage so some jackass on my team decided to run me down with a warthog. I quickly got my vengeance and my gun back, and he left the game shortly after with a score of 1. Would have told him to fuck off right then and there but he didn't have a mic. Anyways, I'm typing up something up to the effect of "You learn your lesson? Play the game properly jackass" but I just can't hit the send. I always feel like what's the point.

Challenges:

Fire When Ready - 100 cR
Kill 10 enemies in multiplayer Matchmaking

Helping Hand - 200 cR
Earn 10 assists today in multiplayer Matchmaking.

Points, Points - 2500 cR
Score 20,000 points in a Firefight Matchmaking game

Clip It. Share It. - 777 cR
Make a clip from your Local files and upload it to your File Share.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom