• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember R E A C H |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

feel

WJD said:
So... I've been away from Reach for about a month busy with other stuff
FIFA

What have a missed?
There's a sweet map pack coming out at the end of this month and the level cap is lifting sometime this week. And HaloGaf complained about stuff.

WJD

Letters said:
There's a sweet map pack coming out at the end of this month and the level cap is lifting sometime this week. And HaloGaf complained about stuff.

Nice.

I'm not even Captain yet.

and, duh :lol

Xblog

Neo Member
electricpirate said:
Just like when people made the argument that H3 is less competitive than h2, I just don't understand the argument that Reach is less competitive than H3.

Simply : Men do not like change...

With 100 hours of gaming, i find this Halo more fun than other episode.

chapel

Banned
Plywood said:
The caps been lifted!!!
Umm, it has? Are you sure you are online?

I go into arena, no playlist update yet... to top it off I get pinnacle for the first game. Guy with rockets rushes into them, gets like 1 kill, dies. Someone on the other team gets rockets, rushes me and the sniper with them using a jetpack. Kills us both. Takes the sniper back over to big tower. So they have two snipers watching all areas, and the other two guys are jet packing around trying to flush us out. The guy who gave them the rockets to start out quit. I eventually quit when my rating hit 700.

This all happened after playing 3 games in team slayer where I completely dominated people. How the fuck does that shit happen? The fact that someone can rule a map like that is just bs imo. It should have never been brought back, at least in H2 there was a banshee.

feel

False alarm? I'm still at max rank. Like chapel is hinting, you probably got kicked off live for a few moments.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
rUsGd.jpg

Sorry guys I couldn't resist, <3

StUnNeR H2K

Gui_PT said:
Crap, anything that requires to use my hotmail account to log in won't work for me. works on other browsers.

Cleared the cache and everything, still won't work.

I actually just signed out and tried to re-sign in and it wouldn't let me... so it's not an issue on your end.

EDIT: second attempt to sign in worked though...

Striker

chapel said:
It should have never been brought back, at least in H2 there was a banshee.
Out of all the Halo 2 maps, I am not sure why it got chosen. Lots of better ones could have been remade or designed around for FW rather than Ascension. Beaver Creek, Colossus, to name a couple.

Banshee on there would be really interesting. The weapons on Reach do more damage to its body than the BR and SMG did in Halo 2 (dual SMGs rocked it, but their range was limited).

Gui_PT

StUnNeR H2K said:
I actually just signed out and tried to re-sign in and it wouldn't let me... so it's not an issue on your end.

EDIT: second attempt to sign in worked though...

Doesn't work for me. I just get stuck on a blank page =\

Plywood said:
What does it mean? It looks like you're fapping.

Anyway, Bungie's timer is obviously broken:

Tio7s.gif
Mmh. the bungie.net server crashed* like the match 2 from the Humpday Challenge.

*the game hasnt crashed. I was just joking. Btw. which anime is the gif from?

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Hypertrooper said:
Mmh. the bungie.net server crashed* like the match 2 from the Humpday Challenge.

*the game hasnt crashed. I was just joking. Btw. which anime is the gif from?
Eureka Seven.

I don't really think AAs replace equipment in a good way at all. At the moment I am running into the same problems as in Halo 3. Whatever time it takes to deploy/use an AA is a time that is very jarring for me. How often have you been in a position in Halo 3 where you die as you try to deploy a bubble shield? I find it is the same in Reach with things like coming out of sprint, activating a drop shield or using armor lock.

With the latter I find tat split second after the user comes out of it to be the worst part of combat in Reach. What the hell is it? People either spam the spot with nades or tey try and wait until the moment the locker is vulnerable again but it seems so... not quite random, but it definitely hinders the flow.

Coming out of sprint isn't too bad. I assume it was by design that you cannot shoot so soon after using it. It frustrates me when I get killed even though I see the dude but cannot react as quick as I would like.

Drop Shields... I find it funny because more often than not when under fire I let go of the bumper a fraction before it can deploy... I see why it is there, to stop you accidentally deploying it, but it seems a tad too long for my liking too.

Ramirez

Hologram/Sprint are like the only two AA's that don't completely mess with the flow of a game. I'd like to see Evade limited to large maps, it doesn't work well on small maps, IMO.

Ramirez said:
Hologram/Sprint are like the only two AA's that don't completely mess with the flow of a game. I'd like to see Evade limited to large maps, it doesn't work well on small maps, IMO.
Agreed. Sprint, I suppose, has that intentional drawback. It just catches me more than I'd like but it certainly doesn't break the game. Hologram works really well even if they can't o through teleports.

Evade and Jetpack really bug me. They give an advantage to players who play on higher sensitivities. Fighting on the Z-axis or indeed trying to trn 180 degrees after someone evades past you really puts me, who plays on 5, at a disadvantage. Evade especially on small maps.

ElRenoRaven

urk said:
We're too busy writing the reactive Q&A in response to DJ KEEMSTER'S dramatic YouTube departure!

FLIP THE SWITCH FLIP THE SWITCH FLIP THE SWITCH!!!

hehehehehehehe

Nah I'm sure it will be flipped soon enough. After all it's hard work making every AA in every gametype Armor Lock right? Right?

We are going all Armor Lock all the time when the switch is flipped right?

Ramirez

Domino Theory said:
Yeah, we know. We're prepared for it to suck. :p

I hope everyone enjoys it, if there's one thing that disappoints me about Reach it's that we don't have the solid group of people from Halo 3 playing together every night.

In that video, you switched grenades mid throw, when you threw it you were on frags, and it made a frag throw noise, but you some how switched to plasmas mid throw, which I'm guessing caused it to bug out.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Ramirez said:
I hope everyone enjoys it, if there's one thing that disappoints me about Reach it's that we don't have the solid group of people from Halo 3 playing together every night.

That entails BTB and BTB in Reach sucks so much compared to Halo 3. :(

But yeah, I hear you.

What I'm more curious about is what the hell Eazy's going to do if he hates Black Ops. Super Meat Boy for the rest of his life, I guess. :lol

Dax01 said:
For dramatic purposes, do you guys have a big red button that, when pushed, will lift the cap?
More like
"Building the war file to Production."
"Stopping and starting the server to deploy the war."
"Done." *checks if it seems fine, is satisfied*
"Who wants lunch?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom