• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember R E A C H |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Domino Theory said:
Bnet folks are saying that the second cap is at General.

... :lol

If there is another cap, Bungie should put that little meter up right away just so every knows roughly how long until the next cap is raised.

MrDaravon

Could totally see them capping it at General (aka Brigadier Grade 4). For reference, hitting General is 2,000,000 cR; hitting Commander (the previous cap) was 600,000 cR. You would have to have been hitting the daily cR cap nearly every day for someone to already be at 2 million, but I'm sure it's possible. Fuck, I've played a ton every day and I'm only a little ways in Colonel Grade 2.

Circle T

enzo_gt said:
Bnet folks also like making up shit. I want proof first.
If you look at your Service Record on Bnet, and view the image of your rank, you will see it is just a numbered image which increases with each rank.

Here is Lt. Colonel 3...
22.png

http://www.bungie.net/images/reachstats/grades/med/22.png

Here is Captain...
11.png

http://www.bungie.net/images/reachstats/grades/med/11.png

If you try to manually type in a higher number, you get directed to an error/404 page, as they were previously blocking the higher ranks. This is presumably because Bnet itself is just not all the way updated with the newly lifted cap today. But once it does update, you will be able to step your way up through the images, eventually either hitting the end, or finding a new cap when you reach another error/404 page.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Ramirez said:
If there's another cap then...smh. There's just no point to them, your rewards are cosmetic.

"I want to reach the highest rank in Halo: Reach."

"NO, says the man in Bellevue, it belongs to everyone else."

FourDoor

So is there a good link/page out there that outlines all of the Armory unlocks as you progress with your rank?

I still haven't broken captain yet and want to see the cool new duds out there so I can motivate myself to play some more.

Mr. Sam

FourDoor said:
So is there a good link/page out there that outlines all of the Armory unlocks as you progress with your rank?

I still haven't broken captain yet and want to see the cool new duds out there so I can motivate myself to play some more.

You unlock the JFO helmet at Lt. Colonel. S'all you need to know.

But if you must know more, this details the armour up until the first level cap:

http://b4tea.com/entertainment/games/halo-reach-ranks-in-order-list-of-ranks-armor-achievements

I'm sure there are much more complete lists out there. EDIT: Like the one above me. Try that one.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Circle T said:
If you look at your Service Record on Bnet, and view the image of your rank, you will see it is just a numbered image which increases with each rank.

Here is Lt. Colonel 3...
22.png

http://www.bungie.net/images/reachstats/grades/med/22.png

Here is Captain...
11.png

http://www.bungie.net/images/reachstats/grades/med/11.png

If you try to manually type in a higher number, you get directed to an error/404 page, as they were previously blocking the higher ranks. This is presumably because Bnet itself is just not all the way updated with the newly lifted cap today. But once it does update, you will be able to step your way up through the images, eventually either hitting the end, or finding a new cap when you reach another error/404 page.
Interesting, this would be solid proof then, once bnet does update.

I blew all my money on Pilot helmet and all its upgrades, and now, I don't think I'll have enough for the Gold visor once I get to Colonel :(

Urk's update::

Step into my office.

Good morning! As you may have noticed, we've begun deploying today's hopper update, which among many things unlocks access to new Ranks and Armory items. Which you are all undoubtedly delirious about, if your polite forum responses are any indication. You complete us!

Just a couple of things to clear up:

1. Full deployment may take several hours. When all is said, done, and thoroughly verified, we'll make some more noise on the front page.
2. There is NOT another rank cap in place. Go nuts.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Tashi0106 said:
If there is another cap, Bungie should put that little meter up right away just so every knows roughly how long until the next cap is raised.

Expect it to be announced somewhere around the launch of Black Ops map pack. :lol

Gui_PT

Photolysis said:
Since I went from Lt Colonel G3 to Colonel G3 I now seem to be getting about 25% more credits each game. Sweet.

Yeah, it's pretty noticeable that you get more credits per game.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Photolysis said:
Since I went from Lt Colonel G3 to Colonel G3 I now seem to be getting about 25% more credits each game. Sweet.

I think the Game Complete credits you get per game goes up permanently for every rank you progress through.

I could be wrong, though.

Colonel wooohoooo

Fable 3 has been sucking away all my Halo time though >.<

Domino Theory said:
I think the Game Complete credits you get per game goes up permanently for every rank you progress through.

I could be wrong, though.
I think Luke or someone verified this earlier in the thread.

feel

Have been avoiding playing too much Reach or completing too many challenges after I hit the cap a while back so as not to skip any rank. Still Lt. Colonel grade 3 here, almost at Commander. Perfect.

Happy that there isn't a new cap and that more cR is being awarded per match.

feel

Raide said:
Slight tangent. Was walking through my local town and spotted something that looked familiar. :lol

http://i924.photobucket.com/albums/ad85/Raideuk/IMG_0798.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
Guerrilla's lawyers are oscar mike.

kaskade

What's the best mode to get 20k points in firefight matchmaking? I never went for the daily challenge achievement yet and all the rest are really easy today.

edit: dumb question :lol I usually play score attack and I generally don't get 20k. I totally blanked out on the regular firefight. Too much Undead Nightmare.

Raide

kaskade said:
What's the best mode to get 20k points in firefight matchmaking? I never went for the daily challenge achievement yet and all the rest are really easy today.

I got 24k on Courtyard SniperFight. As long as you don't die and kill everything, 20k should be easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom