• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember R E A C H |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

TommyT

squidhands said:
If nothing else presents itself, one option might be to place a safe boundary just inside the edges of the map, so at least players will get a visual queue that they're about to fall off.

lol so they will have some hope if they bail at just the right moment they will be able to stop their momentum and not fall off? ;D

I have to say those melee tips in the BWU did me wonders. I'm not one to think about stuff like that too in depth but it made alot of sense.

I used to always go for the double melee if I was close enough but it usually ended in me dead or both of us dead.

Last night though I'd do the one melee and if it only took down their shields I'd back up and AR/headshot them, it was glorious.

Chinner

Banned
i never understand why bungle are not willing to embrace a 16 player infection games on matchmaking :( i think id rather have that added to btb than snipers or swat.

chess

Reach = great game except no vertical look sensitivity (WTF, a game with jetpacks and verticle maps and this option is still gone?)

Reach MM = room for lost of improvement! Thankfully Reach has the options to make it and customs wonderful!

TommyT said:
lol so they will have some hope if they bail at just the right moment they will be able to stop their momentum and not fall off? ;D
:lol *hold x to claw at ground and dangle precariously off the edge*

I hate falling off maps, it makes me feel so stupid. I do it a lot. Doesn't sound like he has the budget to put enough railings up, it was just one (kind of lame) alternative.

Sanjuro

I need to bookmark the thread more and join in. I just beat legendary both co-op and solo so multiplayer will be my permanent home!

Question. Is it better to save my credits or spend them and unlock as much armor as possible? My goal is to get my security armor helmet back...but it seems that is one of the last stops on the ride. :'(

Hugbot

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
I need to bookmark the thread more and join in. I just beat legendary both co-op and solo so multiplayer will be my permanent home!

Question. Is it better to save my credits or spend them and unlock as much armor as possible? My goal is to get my security armor helmet back...but it seems that is one of the last stops on the ride. :'(
Look at the Rank Requirements to see how much total you'll have at each rank, figure out how much you need to have saved at each level to buy the armor you want when it unlocks, spend the rest.

GhaleonEB

PsychoRaven said:
Like I said I'm not hating on you or your map. I'm mainly talking about the remake after remake which are the metal dungeons you mentioned.
No worries, I wasn't trying to be defensive, just explain why I picked the sky instead of the ground. I actually thought so many people would be using parts of Forge World as maps that a BTB map in the air would stand out a bit from the crowd, but I'll confess I've been a bit head-down while working on it so I didn't know it had become common.

It definitely presents a set of design problems that I'd as soon not deal with next time, though.

Sanjuro

Hugbot said:
Look at the Rank Requirements to see how much total you'll have at each rank, figure out how much you need to have saved at each level to buy the armor you want when it unlocks, spend the rest.
Awesome. Thanks.

I just noticed some people have more completion than me because I don't spend much points. I didn't know if spending unlocked other things quicker or anything.

Smokey

voltron said:
God fucking damn Im sick of infection/safe havens!!

Can someone please tell me why the FUUUUUCK everyone always wants to play it? Its so shit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
Map looks great GhaleonEB. Id like to help test it out as well.

panda21

do single player credits carry over to MP 1:1?

like someone mentioned earlier in the thread about doing a mission (i think one of the vehicle ones) on legendary with all the skulls on and getting 6000cr per seraph?! thats equivalent of 10 MP games for me, i usually get about 500cr per game :S

panda21

Shake Appeal said:
In-game scoring points are not the same as cR.

well now i'm really confused

so do you get any cr for playing the campaign? i thought i was but i did the whole thing before i touched the MP so i didnt really notice

panda21 said:

so do you get any cr for playing the campaign? i thought i was but i did the whole thing before i touched the MP so i didnt really notice
Yes, you do. It pops up in the bottom-left of your screen, same as in every other mode.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
LAUGHTREY said:
So whats the deal with "In Set" on bungie.net fileshares. Why can't I download a map and the appropriate gametype in game, and on B.net it doesn't seem to do anything except let you know that somewhere out there there is a map or gametype to go with this map or gametype.

I still don't get it. What does this do? How do I download the set?

Hugbot

panda21 said:

You get cR, yes, but it's significantly less than the "points" that person was talking about. You only get those if campaign scoring is turned on and they're more of a leaderboard to compete with friends. You get cR regardless of if scoring is on or not.

This has probably already been covered but..

Today's challenges, what is with Multiplier? Is it essentially the same as Oops! All Kills or what? They both appear to say the same thing, yet I am not getting my multi-kills for Multiplier (I have achieved Oops!).

EDIT: Multiplier is 5 in one game.. Way to not read :lol

Gui_PT

MarshMellow96 said:
This has probably already been covered but..

Today's challenges, what is with Multiplier? Is it essentially the same as Oops! All Kills or what? They both appear to say the same thing, yet I am not getting my multi-kills for Multiplier (I have achieved Oops!).

The one you're missing requires you to get, for example, 5 double kills in one game. The other one requires 7 in any amount of games.

panda21 said:

OOPS, I goofed. I doesn't matter if you have scoring on. you can receive credits by playing the campaign. The amount of credits you get is not the same as your score though. It's an okay payout. It' about the same as if you played an hour of mp. I beat the game first on normal and switched on scoring for my heroic run.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Not a big fan of the challenges today, I can get the same amount of points for playing a matchmaking or firefight game.

Hope we get some 2000+ challenges more often.

Chorazin

GillianSeed79 said:
If you switch scoring on, yes, you can receive credits by playing the campaign. The amount of credits you get is not the same as your score though. It's an okay payout. It' about the same as if you played an hour of mp. I beat the game first on normal and switched on scoring for my heroic run.

You don't need to turn on scoring to get cR from the campaign.

panda21

Shake Appeal said:
Yes, you do. It pops up in the bottom-left of your screen, same as in every other mode.

Hugbot said:
You get cR, yes, but it's significantly less than the "points" that person was talking about. You only get those if campaign scoring is turned on and they're more of a leaderboard to compete with friends. You get cR regardless of if scoring is on or not.

oh damn :( i was going to shoot like 5 seraphs and get Major :lol

anyway, what do people like to use in invasion? the shotgun is really good as the spartans once it unlocks.

as elites its kind of hard to resist the energy sword one and everyone else seems to be the same because all of a sudden everyone has one when it first unlocks. but i think the needler rifle and the evade thing, and the drop shield are more useful.

i kind of wonder if theres much point in using the vehicles unless you are getting really badly beaten, they seem to tie up to many people and you can't actually take them in to the objectives. like at the end of spire, the falcon doesnt seem that helpful unless you are absolutely beasting with it, because its too easy to shoot down if it stays near the objective.

.nimrod

Challenges seem to be kinda glitched (to my advantage) at times, i just got the "5 multikills in one match"-challenge but i don't remember really getting that many in a single game.

I also got the "17 kills in one match"-challenge from launch week without ever getting more than 15 kills/match at the time o_O

LAUGHTREY said:
I still don't get it. What does this do? How do I download the set?
When you've chosen the map (for instance, this one), click the "file sets" below the tags (it's to the right of "file comments"). That will list everything that's been grouped together.

zlatko

Banned
Why is the shotgun weaker in Safe Havens than in Infection? Someone said your shotgun is the same as in Infection only IF you are in the haven. I find this stupid.

I really wish these two game types had the same power shotgun as in Infection, and that both would get rid of the magnum entirely or give you only 1 clip of bullets in it. I'd also like to see it as I have said many times before, make each player get 2 rounds zombie and 2 rounds shotty, because being a 4 time zombie on Zealot while shotties camp in zero gravity is...well you going -10 or more.

Bread

Banned
zlatko said:
Why is the shotgun weaker in Safe Havens then in Infection? Someone said your shotgun is the same as in infection only IF you are in the haven. I find this stupid.

I really with these two game types had the same power shotgun as in Infection, and that both would get rid of the magnum entirely or give you only 1 clip of bullets in it. I'd also like to see it as I have said many times before, make each player get 2 rounds zombie and 2 rounds shotty, because being a 4 time zombie on Zealot while shotties camp in zero gravity is...well you going -10 or more.
seriously man I was playing Safe Havens last night and I consistently shot zombies 2-3 times in the chest with the shotty and I would get killed every time. My friend said stop complaining about missing shots and I know for a fact they weren't missing.

Hey You

Raide said:
Shame you cannot combine Invasion and Infection. Humans have objectives to complete and survive, Zombies just eat brains and stop the humans. The more people die, the harder it gets to complete objectives and ultimately escape.
Yes! I wouldn't leave that playlist. Please make it happen Bungie. I'll pay 1200 for that game mode alone.

Bread said:
seriously man I was playing Safe Havens last night and I consistently shot zombies 2-3 times in the chest with the shotty and I would get killed every time. My friend said stop complaining about missing shots and I know for a fact they weren't missing.

Connection and lag probably. My shotgun has consistantly never worked in any game ever because of this. :lol

zlatko

Banned
Bread said:

If I had a nickle for every time this happened to me I'd be rich. My friend was the one who pointed it out to me the big difference between Infection and SafeH's shotties, and I think he's right. In Infection I can get 1 shot blasted from like 10 feet+ away, but even if you plant one square in their tit 5 feet range on havens, and you are not in the haven, then you are going to be eating sword.

Gui_PT

I just tried to get the Falcon on winter contingency but the plasma pistol wouldn't make it go down. Does it have to be done in legendary?

Chinner

Banned
zlatko said:
If I had a nickle for every time this happened to me I'd be rich. My friend was the one who pointed it out to me the big difference between Infection and SafeH's shotties, and I think he's right. In Infection I can get 1 shot blasted from like 10 feet+ away, but even if you plant one square in their tit 5 feet range on havens, and you are not in the haven, then you are going to be eating sword.
i was owning yesterday in infection. was awesome
http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=3795422&player=El Leone
CLICK VIDEO TO SEE ODST OWNING ZOMBIES

zlatko

Banned
Chinner said:
i was owning yesterday in infection. was awesome
http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=3795422&player=El Leone
CLICK VIDEO TO SEE ODST OWNING ZOMBIES

I don't have bungie pro to check out your video. I assume you got to be shotty peeps more than one round though to rack up a ton of points. I have the constant piss luck of always getting 3 zombies, 1 shotty. When I do get shotty, crap like this happens:

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=3497328&player=Outlaw Slevin

Gui_PT said:
I just tried to get the Falcon on winter contingency but the plasma pistol wouldn't make it go down. Does it have to be done in legendary?

I had this problem aswell before, I think if you dont take the perfect route to it you trigger Jun's AI.

KORPAH said:
Competitive Halo: Reach feels like a chore instead of fun with previous versions of Halo. :/

Yeah I agree, im having a lot of fun with Reach in like BTB but 4v4 even socially is just a bit dull. Theres less precision and movement and more reliance on armour abilities and power weapons. :/

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Re: Challenges -

You're not getting "just" 500 cR for beating a campaign mission. You're getting 500 cR in addition to all the cR you get over the normal course of the mission itself. Bungie is trying to get people to explore the campaign options & its skulls. Use this opportunity to try something fun. Winter Contingency Speed Run. Exodus no death run. Whatever.

Re: cR boosting -

The problem with boosting is twofold. First, someone's rank was intended to be a baseline for how much Reach someone had played. Although it is NOT a measure of skill, you could still know, at a glance, how much the Sergeant, Captain, and Lt. Colonel on your team had played.

But now because of boosting the # is meaningless. I'm a captain and I did it through no boosting of any kind. I haven't even played much Score Attack. This represents about 45 hours of play. Any LEGIT Captain should be familiar with the new guns, with map layouts, etc. But now, you have no idea.

Second, our cR levels are tied to rewards. I've been saving FOREVER for the Heart Attack armor effect and I'm still a long ways away. People are arguing that cR has no value. But in a multiplayer context, that isn't true. Virtual items have social currency when you can show them off to other people. Boosting to get the Heart Attack effect devalues me earning it legitimately.

Lastly - just an interesting game I played last night -

It was Invasion boneyard. I have the skunked achievement, but my five friends didn't. So we coordinated and shut down the elites. Yay! Achievement unlocked. But then we spawned as elites and... also got shut down :lol

A little embarrassing, considering we were a premade party. It was really just bad luck though. We had a hill taken down to 1 second 2 different times.

So... achievement unlocked for both teams I guess? We're all winners? Eh.

This is the game: http://www.bungie.net/stats/reach/gamestats.aspx?gameid=130681276&player=ErrorJustin

panda21

how do people even boost in this though? just playing gametypes that give you more CR?

i dont like the idea of stuff being devalued because its super easy to get if you exploit the system, but its also kind of tempting to do if other people are levelling much faster than me just because they prefer to play a different game type.

warrant officer is taking forever which would be cool if everyone has had to go through that, but if not then it just feels like a waste of time.

Hah, I love moments like this

longstick.jpg

taylor910

bobs99 ... said:
Yeah I agree, im having a lot of fun with Reach in like BTB but 4v4 even socially is just a bit dull. Theres less precision and movement and more reliance on armour abilities and power weapons. :/

Same for me.

Invisibility in doubles is out of control. Give me my power ups back ;__;

Did the tilt challenge on my lunch break. See, I liked that, that was a fun change of pace. I had to use some new weapons (Plasma repeater mainly, I wish we got the ghost reticule as a spartan)

MAN, the campagn seems so much easier on heroic after legendary. Got my first no flawless cowboy, just 4 more to pop the commendation. With the challenge I netted about 2k credits for 30 minutes, I'd say that's well worth it compared to MP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom