• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember R E A C H |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.
.nimrod said:
Challenges seem to be kinda glitched (to my advantage) at times, i just got the "5 multikills in one match"-challenge but i don't remember really getting that many in a single game.
FIX UR SHIT BUNGIE
T6n2O.png

just sayin...

What I think is happening here (likely why you're confused) is you're being credited a triple + double kill for an overkill... Same with a triple kill you get the double kill reward as well.

I may be wrong, but either way you certainly had more than five multi-kills

edit: edited out your GT for privacy reason, just in case

Red

Scarecrow said:
I thought they fixed Gruntpocalypse. I used to be able to get 1500-2000 from them, but now can only get around 1k. I find it hilarious that Bungie's priority was fixing the cr farming, but matchmaking problems need to wait for monthly updates. :lol
I don't think they've made any changes. You are probably getting fewer credits now because you've raised your commendations to a level where they are taking longer to progress. Ergo, less commendation bonuses after each game.

Also for those asking about the tilt skull: it doesn't simply make shields tougher to take down; it increases the resistance of shields against ballistics and increases the resistance of unshielded opponents to plasma. It doesn't really change the game much, since those defenses are, on a basic level, present in the game. But it raises them to a point where they become much more noticeable.

aesop

Devin Olsen said:
FIX UR SHIT BUNGIE
T6n2O.png

just sayin...

What I think is happening here (likely why you're confused) is you're being credited a triple + double kill for an overkill... Same with a triple kill you get the double kill reward as well.

Wouldn't that only be 3 multikills?

1 overkill plus 1 triple kill plus one double kill doesn't equal 3 multikills. It equals 1 multikill.

GhaleonEB

Devin Olsen said:
FIX UR SHIT BUNGIE

just sayin...

That looks like only three separate multi-kills:

One double-kill.

One Triple (which also racked up a double).

One Overkill (which also racked up a double and a triple).

The Challenge probably counts each one as a single multi-kill, despite the medal stacking, since there were only three separate incidents. He needed two more. Bungie's shit is fixed.

electricpirate said:
Did the tilt challenge on my lunch break. See, I liked that, that was a fun change of pace. I had to use some new weapons (Plasma repeater mainly, I wish we got the ghost reticule as a spartan)
I love Tilt, and use it in all my custom firefight sessions. Just feels more Halo to me to have a starker division between shields and armor/flesh.

MrBig

Crunched said:
Anyone have tips for using Forge? I keep having trouble moving stuff around. Can't get angles right and stuff keeps getting tilted.
I might start writing a guide in my free time if bungie doesn't put one up.

Schmitty

GhaleonEB said:

One double-kill.

The Challenge probably counts each one as a single multi-kill, despite the medal stacking, since there were only three separate incidents. He needed two more. Bungie's shit is fixed.
This is the correct answer

chess

Glowingmonx said:
3 double kills
2 triple kills
1 over kill
---------------- +
6 multi kills

How can you guys be confused about this?

how can anyone honestly care about cR and challenges enough to complain and make screenshots. :lol

I will never understand this.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Glowingmonx said:
3 double kills
2 triple kills
1 over kill
---------------- +
6 multi kills

Completely agreed.

Today's challenge is the same as yesterday's "Spree" challenge. The challenge stated "earn seven sprees" but what it really meant was "earn seven spree medals."

If you killed 10 guys without dying and earned a killing Spree and a Killing Frenzy, that counts as two sprees. Even though you did them in one life.

For today's challenge, just earn five multikill medals in one game.

Hugbot

chess said:
how can anyone honestly care about cR and challenges enough to complain and make screenshots. :lol

I will never understand this.
(He was pointing out why the guy got credit for the challenge despite his not thinking he had gotten enough multikills, they DO count each medal as separate)

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Glowingmonx said:
3 double kills
2 triple kills
1 over kill
---------------- +
6 multi kills

because I took it to clearly mean

1x double kill
1x double kill
1x double kill
1x double kill
1x double kill

= 5 multikills. Or, alternatively

1x double kill
1x triple kill
1x overkill kill
1x somethingI'llneversee kill
1x megadupersuper kill

I also said lol when they expected me to get at least 10 kills with double kills in a game.

you need to see 5 separate multikill medals. So what you did, plus another triple kill would have sealed the deal.

GhaleonEB said:

One double-kill.

Yup. I got a triple earlier today, and it counted as a double plus a triple.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
GDJustin said:
Re: Challenges -

You're not getting "just" 500 cR for beating a campaign mission. You're getting 500 cR in addition to all the cR you get over the normal course of the mission itself. Bungie is trying to get people to explore the campaign options & its skulls. Use this opportunity to try something fun. Winter Contingency Speed Run. Exodus no death run. Whatever.

Agreed, but the way I look at it a campaign challenge that takes me 35 minutes to beat and gets me 300 cr + the bonus 500 (800 cr) is not as much as the 3 multiplayer matches I can do for around 2000 credits.

NH Apache said:
Hey, I rendered this for ya only because I really wanted to see it.

Edit: Damn Nolan Ryan, you have an arm.

Thanks very much. Glad you liked it :D

(Not pictured: the millions of times I've tried this without getting sticks)

Red

Ahhhh I made like an hour and a half of progress on a forge map last night, then invited a couple friends to try it out. One of them fooled around and deleted/added a bunch of parts, but I thought it would be fine. Didn't know the map would automatically be saved when I ended the game :(

Now to start again...

GhaleonEB

Crunched said:
Ahhhh I made like an hour and a half of progress on a forge map last night, then invited a couple friends to try it out. One of them fooled around and deleted/added a bunch of parts, but I thought it would be fine. Didn't know the map would automatically be saved when I ended the game :(

Now to start again...
Don't do that.

I ran into that as well. What happened was the game cached your last version, with the changes. Select your saved version - with the same name - from the Forge World list, and your version will pull up there as of the last save.

Red

GhaleonEB said:
Don't do that.

I ran into that as well. What happened was the game cached your last version, with the changes. Select your saved version - with the same name - from the Forge World list, and your version will pull up there as of the last save.
You are the man.

NH Apache

Banned
GhaleonEB said:
Don't do that.

So I finished all my team spawns for my sky box map. I was was working on my neutrals and one of them fell into the sea. The only solution was to delete all of them. I kinda thought that it would only delete the neutrals but it deleted all. :(

I just quit out and luckily it didn't save.

Crunched said:

Now to start again...
I had that problem too with Boat, even though if you quit the game says "you will lose any unsaved progress" it actually saves anyway when it should not...

GhaleonEB said:
Don't do that.

Ah good, so it's not saving then, at the time I was quite paranoid about accidentaly grabbing the wrong wall or floor panel, heh.

GhaleonEB said:
Don't do that.

Ghal, sometimes I try to look at your Spartan (I look at everyone, not stalking you or anything...btw Thermight has the Mark V helmet now and it looks awesome), but it says DATA UNAVAILABLE. Is that because you are in a private room at the time?

GhaleonEB

The Lamonster said:
Ghal, sometimes I try to look at your Spartan (I look at everyone, not stalking you or anything...btw Thermight has the Mark V helmet now and it looks awesome), but it says DATA UNAVAILABLE. Is that because you are in a private room at the time?
I'm not sure. A few times while I've been working in Forge I set the active roster setting to local while I do big design sessions I don't want interrupted, but most of the time I just leave it open while I'm fiddling around.

Bungie.net never updated with my Spartan model, either, so it could be related to that problem.

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/Default.aspx?player=ghaleoneb&sg=0

GhaleonEB said:
I'm not sure. A few times while I've been working in Forge I set the active roster setting to local while I do big design sessions I don't want interrupted, but most of the time I just leave it open while I'm fiddling around.

Bungie.net never updated with my Spartan model, either, so it could be related to that problem.

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/Default.aspx?player=ghaleoneb&sg=0
I've only noticed it while you're in Forge mode, so I bet the former is correct. My b.net model hasn't been updated since a couple days after launch either.

GhaleonEB

The Lamonster said:
I've only noticed it while you're in Forge mode, so I bet the former is correct. My b.net model hasn't been updated since a couple days after launch either.
Yeah that must have been it then. I'm done with major redesigns (at least until after the first play test) so I'll be leaving it open from now on.

I really have Forging on the brain. I spend a lot of time thinking about specific little design problems when I'm not concentrating on stuff at work. Stuff like how to break up a line of sight, how to carve out a corner of the map so it's distinctive but functional, how to improve vehicle navigation (they don't like 90 degree turns). And then I'll have an epiphany, and find I can't wait to get home to try it out. Last night it was while I was exercising - I realized how to fix two big parts of the map. I went to bed last night pondering a problem with the bases, and work up with a solution that I sprinted upstairs this morning to fix; I must have literally dreamed up the solution. And just now I realized how to fix three distinct places on the map (six mirrored) that have been bugging me for days, with only minor changes.

And now I want to go home and do it. Five more hours. :(

LQX

No more of these shitty multi kill challenges or not have TWO of them as challenges. Also it peeves me that firefight does not count towards those matchmaking challenges that require playing a certain amount of matchmaking games.

GhaleonEB said:
Yeah that must have been it then. I'm done with major redesigns (at least until after the first play test) so I'll be leaving it open from now on.

I really have Forging on the brain. I spend a lot of time thinking about specific little design problems when I'm not concentrating on stuff at work. Stuff like how to break up a line of sight, how to carve out a corner of the map so it's distinctive but functional, how to improve vehicle navigation (they don't like 90 degree turns). And then I'll have an epiphany, and find I can't wait to get home to try it out. Last night it was while I was exercising - I realized how to fix two big parts of the map. I went to bed last night pondering a problem with the bases, and work up with a solution that I sprinted upstairs this morning to fix; I must have literally dreamed up the solution. And just now I realized how to fix three distinct places on the map (six mirrored) that have been bugging me for days, with only minor changes.

And now I want to go home and do it. Five more hours. :(
Being creative is fun! And it can be very satisfying when you're finished. Do you play any instruments? It's the same kind of thing, writing music, creating a piece of art, etc.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Deadly Cyclone said:
Agreed, but the way I look at it a campaign challenge that takes me 35 minutes to beat and gets me 300 cr + the bonus 500 (800 cr) is not as much as the 3 multiplayer matches I can do for around 2000 credits.

The thing is, I don't hear anyone bitching that campaign doesn't give enough cR period. I don't know if anyone has run the numbers, but through "normal play" (not boosting) I don't think an hour of campaign gives significantly less cR than an hour of Team Slayer. They seem comparable. Only Gruntpocalypse seems to provide more cR than other modes via normal play.

So any daily challenges that involve campaign are just a bonus. It's even more cR added on top of what people get for all their multikills and headshots and vehicle kills.

Plus... there are campaign commendations to consider. It's probably going to take well over 200 campaign mission clears to earn all those commendations. Players could run missions over and over to grind them out, OR keep the campaign fresh by slowly working on them via campaign challenges.

I'll probably do today's challenge and try to get pistol headshots instead of DMR, because I don't even have the Iron Small Arms commendation, yet.

So I'm not the best sniper but because it comes up all the freakin time in BTB for me and I have yet to quit a game I'm doing my best to improve.
I found I have much beter aim when I strafe. Is that how good snipers do it or am I just weird that I do better on the move? And when I say better I mean I went 8-5 last night for probably my first positive k/d ratio in that gametype.:lol

MrBig

CitizenCope said:
So I'm not the best sniper but because it comes up all the freakin time in BTB for me and I have yet to quit a game I'm doing my best to improve.
I found I have much beter aim when I strafe. Is that how good snipers do it or am I just weird that I do better on the move? And when I say better I mean I went 8-5 last night for probably my first positive k/d ratio in that gametype.:lol
That's what you should be doing with a sniper, yes.

MrBig said:
That's what you should be doing with a sniper, yes.
And be aware of your surroundings. Don't get locked into "tunnel vision."

Don't be afraid to use that backup pistol, either. I usually tend to get more kills with the magnum than the sniper in those games!

feel

KORPAH said:
Competitive Halo: Reach feels like a chore instead of fun with previous versions of Halo. :/
I don't agree. The beta felt like that to me, but the final game is a lot of fun. I don't necessarily need to finish with a win and have a double digit k/d to consider a match fun though.

Spasm

spermatic cord said:
2 flag classic on hemorrhage 4v4. Some dudes randomly spawning with sprint. Nice one, bungie.
I have never once spawned without sprint in any 'classic' game. Ever. I never knew it was supposed to be sprintless.

Spasm said:
I have never once spawned without sprint in any 'classic' game. Ever. I never knew it was supposed to be sprintless.
Yeah I honestly have spawned enough times with and without sprint that I couldn't tell you for certain if it is intended to have no load outs or sprint only.

It's especially frustrating playing 2 players on one xbox and only one player gets sprint... That happened to me quite a few times while my friend was over.

watership

Orodreth said:
same here, i don´t like it and people always vote like crazy every time it shows up.

It should really have its own list, apart from slayer/classic deathmatch.

Infection/Safe Haven's has completely ruined Rumble Pit. I fully expect to find a that /b/ from 4chan is behind it.

Not a Jellyfish

but I am a sheep
Spasm said:

Same I always spawn with spring in calssic gametypes, only time I do not have it is if I come back from black lag screen...then I don't have whatever armor ability I had until I die and respawn.

Devin Olsen said:
It's especially frustrating playing 2 players on one xbox and only one player gets sprint... That happened to me quite a few times while my friend was over.
Yeah, I think that has happened to Hydranockz and his brother a few times.

Speaking of which, has anyone commented on the splitscreen commendations stupidity? Going to be fixed?

MrBig

Zeouterlimits said:
Yeah, I think that has happened to Hydranockz and his brother a few times.

Speaking of which, has anyone commented on the splitscreen commendations stupidity? Going to be fixed?
What's wrong with it? I've never played a split screen game where i could get commendations.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
I think he's talking about when the ribbon thing pops up it just completely blocks your main view for like 5 seconds. Slightly annoying, but it rarely happens.

Or maybe it's a different problem I don't know about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom