• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember R E A C H |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.
voltron said:
Yeah I know Luke is the dude on that stuff... but I read a post a couple weeks back where someone told someone else that 'ManCannon' is Luke Smith.

Thats not the case?

I know Luke had LukeSmith as GAF handle for years... but after reading that post I figured maybe he changed it.

I havent been keeping up with HaloGAF as much as I used to.

But anyway, yeah, the compliments were at aimed at you Luke. Props!

Brian, well... ahh, any chance of a new podcast soon? A post-Reach after glow "how are awesome are we so awesome" podcast session would be rad.

And then at the end you can drop a hint at what your next game is. Dont worry Im sure fuck-all people listen to the podcast, and we wont tell anyone. Swear.

Gaf Bungie/Ex bungie doods:
Brian/Ske7tch = ManCannon (community manager)
Luke = LukeSmith (Previously Brian's Bitch, now the creator of challenges, caps and crushed dreams)
Urk=Urk (Brian's Coffee bitch)
ThugLarz = Lars Backen co-op multiplayer team leader
BentLlama = Animator from Halo 2/3, at 343 now I believe, he doesn't come round too often.
OuterworldVoice=Frankie
Ferrex = Tyson Green, Designer, probably never coming back to gaf after the shitstorm that hit :p.

Devin Olsen said:
1.1 patch was huge.

They also changed the BR spread in one of the patches, did they not?

Same patch. That patch really remade the game, and fixed a pretty broken sandbox at the time. Pistol damage was changed, PR damage changed, BR spread was tightened, Plasma/frag grenades were beefed, Brute shot was beefed, melee beefed, etc. It was a brave new world after that.

If bungie thinks it's broken or taking away signifigantly from the game they will patch it, but they are generally pretty slow to do such things, I think halo 2 saw 3-4 patches over it's lifetime, only one touched weapon balance, and Halo 3 saw a similar number, with one patch that affected how melees work.

Personally I'm going to assume that they will patch Reach at some point, and I'm hoping that they fix some of the Forge glitches, and sequential hill before tackling AL.

StUnNeR H2K

aesop said:
Yeah, I know. I was just using the vocal minority to make a point that the amount of people complaining about it is nowhere near 50% of the population. That doesn't mean I think only 1% of the players hate it, but you can't really get accurate numbers on that type of stuff without polling.

I have no problems with AL, and agree that most the Halo population feels the same. I've never heard anyone in a game complain about it. Only place I see complaining about it is usually on the b.net forums from raging little kids.

My only hate for AL is that I don't like to use it, cause I feel it restricts my ability to move around the map...

Willeth

Dax01 said:
If Bungie puts out a patch altering weapon damage, I hope they touch on the pro-pipe. They need to get rid of the distance limit so it explodes on impact when it hits a player no matter what the distance.
Do you mean it doesn't detonate when the player is far away, or when they're close? Because if the latter, that shouldn't be changed. That's a standard safety feature of launched grenades in general.

Falt

electricpirate said:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=195114

As a bonus you get Pre-Bungie Urk!

I think Bungie normally has a little more room to call out the idiot factions within their fanbase on their own forum; Shishka was legendary for this. Tyson went over the deep end a bit here though, so he probably deserved some time out.

:lol Bizzare, H3 was out about a week. The Halo community, a shining light, truly. Mods being ever so subtle in their bashing and ferrex jumping the proverbially gun. Thread made my coffee break highly entertaining. Thank you!

Hey You

CrazedArabMan said:
Don't forget about Halo 3's first patch with the melee system, I feel AA might be the big thing for Reach's first update, though we haven't heard anything yet on any type of patch, which the game needs.
I'm hoping they will fix some Custom Games stuff in the next TU. Like Infection,Camo and various other things mentioned in this thread.

I know I'm very late to this, but oh well.

Willeth said:
Do you mean it doesn't detonate when the player is far away, or when they're close? Because if the latter, that shouldn't be changed. That's a standard safety feature of launched grenades in general.
Yes, I'm talking about the latter, and of course it should be changed. Who care if it's a "safety feature." This is a game, and the pro-pipe was more fun when the grenades would detonate on an enemy no matter what the distance. I still have my rendered videos from the beta that more than adequately demonstrate how much more versatile the gun was in the beta than the retail version.

chapel

Banned
I wont pretend that everyone feels the same way as me about AL. But absence of proof doesn't prove the opposite. Unless we could do a poll over the whole of Reach's player base, we can't say if everyone likes or dislikes AL. I dislike AL and think it isn't balanced to the sandbox.

My problems with AL stem from two things, one being what most people here that complain about keep saying, it breaks the flow of gameplay. It makes a fast encounter into a slow waiting game. Sure you may still get the kill, but if thats the case, why should they have to wait, if its inevitable? The other issue is that it is broken. When you can pulse it like people have to block the sword or shotgun multiple times, that is just wrong. They are power weapons for a reason. The sword was given a sword block to make it less of a power weapon, so now AL also makes it even less of a power weapon. Why have the sword? The shotgun was made more accurate, it has less spread, so you have to be more accurate with it and cant just spam it. Outside of camping, if you get kills with the shotgun there needs to be some skill to do so.

Really lag makes AL really unbalanced. Since what I see on my screen isn't exactly what the host is seeing when taking in every xbox's report, so if I am shooting a guy, I get him down to one shot left, I shoot but the guy ALs, on my screen he hasn't yet but my shot is nullified and he gets to AL and survive. Add that to when they come out, and the fact that when someone comes out of AL they have extra shields on the verge of an overshield taking at least 2 extra DMR shots when a full AL is used. When they come out, you shoot, but because of lag, who knows how your shots are registering. Also I have had situations where guys have been able to strip my shields with an emp after only being in AL for a split second. I don't know how, but I attribute it to lag, that or cheating (but I highly doubt that). What about people being able to pulse really fast, the delay is supposed to be more than a few seconds? Sequential melees can be 1 second apart, how can someone block two melees in a row timed right?

Whenever I have used AL I feel over powered. I can go into a chaotic situation and come out unscathed. That isn't halo. Even with overshields, thats not possible. I don't think they should remove AL completely from the game, but it should be adjusted. Either:
1. Make it a one and done, you use it, and its gone, short or long, no multiple pulses per charge.
2. Make it not recharge shields and give you an extra few seconds of shield buffer after using it. Also make the time between using it longer.

At the very least, take it out of Arena, it doesn't belong there.

chess

when trying to replicate CE as much as possible there are some custom options that would have been great!

individual weapon clip size and damage control
smaller increments percent modifier control
Camo trait custom options

Ramirez

Sai-kun said:
Barely beat you, Ram :lol That was a good game!

For clarification, this was a Firefight game. :lol :D

I was soaking up the assists with the Focus Rifle towards the end, it was odd getting matched up with someone from here in FF though, first time for everything. :)

I have some absolutely ridiculous screenshots to put up later showing how stupid the bubble shield makes multiplayer, hopefully someone will see them and use their brain and remove it.

Sai-kun

Banned
Ramirez said:
For clarification, this was a Firefight game. :lol :D

I was soaking up the assists with the Focus Rifle towards the end, it was odd getting matched up with someone from here in FF though, first time for everything. :)

I have some absolutely ridiculous screenshots to put up later showing how stupid the bubble shield makes multiplayer, hopefully someone will see them and use their brain and remove it.

Haha yeah, I forgot to mention that :D

I remembered about the assist challenge like 3 rounds into the last set and I was like "fuuu"

And I only noticed it was you and freaked out because I was muting that other guy with a mic. I was like "whoa no way!" Small world! :)

Edit: Did they add that feature yet to see what files you've been tagged in?

Dax01 said:
Yes, I'm talking about the latter, and of course it should be changed. Who care if it's a "safety feature." This is a game, and the pro-pipe was more fun when the grenades would detonate on an enemy no matter what the distance. I still have my rendered videos from the beta that more than adequately demonstrate how much more versatile the gun was in the beta than the retail version.
It's already very powerful when used right. Turning it back into a pseudo-shotgun on top of everything would make it overpowered.

Sai-kun said:
Haha yeah, I forgot to mention that :D

I remembered about the assist challenge like 3 rounds into the last set and I was like "fuuu"

And I only noticed it was you and freaked out because I was muting that other guy with a mic. I was like "whoa no way!" Small world! :)

Edit: Did they add that feature yet to see what files you've been tagged in?
They've added a feature where you can see what pics that have been taken with you in them. Is that what you're talking about?

Sai-kun

Banned
squidhands said:
They've added a feature where you can see what pics that have been taken with you in them. Is that what you're talking about?

Yes yes :O That's the one. Where is that one B.net? I must be blind because I can't find it :x

Dax01 said:
Wasn't overpowered in the beta at all.
It was, just nobody used it. I mean, nobody uses it still, but it actually fits in the sandbox now.

There are plenty of other weapons that need adjusting before Bungie take a look at the GL.

Shake Appeal said:
It was, just nobody used it. I mean, nobody uses it still, but it actually fits in the sandbox now.

There are plenty of other weapons that need adjusting before Bungie take a look at the GL.
I don't see how it was. If you used it as a shotgun, at extremely close range, you would either get severely burned or killed. Any other range, other than point blank, took some skill to get a one-hit kill. It's not like it was really, really easy: it wasn't.

Ramirez

Dax01 said:
I don't see how it was. If you used it as a shotgun, at extremely close range, you would either get severely burned or killed. Any other range, other than point blank, took some skill to get a one-hit kill. It's not like it was really, really easy: it wasn't.

It can still kill in one hit, and takes even more skill than the beta. Take your own advice and quit complaining about something that isn't broken.

Sai-kun said:
Yes yes :O That's the one. Where is that one B.net? I must be blind because I can't find it :x
I guess it's only available through the game (under the section where your fileshare is; at the bottom of the list), 'cause I can't find it on bnet either.

feel

eh.. the plasma repeater! yeah, nerf that thing bungie! Or make it more powerful, whatever, I just want it modified somehow.

Letters said:
eh.. the plasma repeater! yeah, nerf that thing bungie! Or make it more powerful, whatever, I just want it modified somehow.

Probably should be where it was in the beta (stronger), automatically in invasion, when I kill a spartan I grab his assault rifle in exchange as it is so much better than the repeater by far.

Kuroyume said:
Bungie needs to either weaken the AR or adjust the range. It's like a focus rifle now.

Gonna have to heavily disagree. We don't need a gimped assault weapon like the SMG from H2. If someone can't pistol/dmr me down before I kill them with the AR, that's their fault. And my fault if the situation is reversed.

electricpirate said:
Same patch. That patch really remade the game, and fixed a pretty broken sandbox at the time. Pistol damage was changed, PR damage changed, BR spread was tightened, Plasma/frag grenades were beefed, Brute shot was beefed, melee beefed, etc. It was a brave new world after that.
Oh fuck me, now I remember... One hit kills with the Rocket Launcher :lol... That was incredible.

Jumping Melee kills were the best thing ever, how I miss those days.

Also the seeking on the plasma pistol was hilariously overpowered... Flag bouncing on that one level Colossus I think?

I miss Halo 2, heh

LordAlu

Weird, in my last game Slayer Powerhouse got voted in, then it loaded the map but instead said "Load Failure" and gave a new selection of map/type to choose. I've never seen that before?

rar

Devin Olsen said:
Oh fuck me, now I remember... One hit kills with the Rocket Launcher :lol... That was incredible.

Jumping Melee kills were the best thing ever, how I miss those days.

that and the mag didnt need to be patched, dual wielding was actually cool with mags :(

electricpirate said:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=195114

As a bonus you get Pre-Bungie Urk!

I think Bungie normally has a little more room to call out the idiot factions within their fanbase on their own forum; Shishka was legendary for this. Tyson went over the deep end a bit here though, so he probably deserved some time out.

Wow, I just read that thread. Tyson Green is a little fucking baby. "How dare someone who paid $60 for my game dislike something? Rabble Rabble Rabble."

Ramirez

Letters said:

It was awesome in the Beta, but now it's worthless, trying to kill someone with it in Invasion is futile...

GhaleonEB

electricpirate said:
Gaf Bungie/Ex bungie doods:
Brian/Ske7tch = ManCannon (community manager)
Luke = LukeSmith (Previously Brian's Bitch, now the creator of challenges, caps and crushed dreams)
Urk=Urk (Brian's Coffee bitch)
ThugLarz = Lars Backen co-op multiplayer team leader
BentLlama = Animator from Halo 2/3, at 343 now I believe, he doesn't come round too often.
OuterworldVoice=Frankie
Ferrex = Tyson Green, Designer, probably never coming back to gaf after the shitstorm that hit :p.
Quite a few others, as well, though not everyone draws attention to themselves as such.

(I'd add Achronos to your list, b.net overlord.)

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Have you guys noticed how effective it is to shoot the plasma pistol rather than charging a shot? That thing drops shields so fucking fast.

GhaleonEB

Tashi0106 said:
Have you guys noticed how effective it is to shoot the plasma pistol rather than charging a shot? That thing drops shields so fucking fast.
Yup, it's really powerful. The normal shot got restored to Halo 1 level of power or so. It's nice because that makes it multi-purpose again rather than just an overcharge machine.

Edit: snap, I just saw Urk front paged my last Forge blog entry. Thanks, dude. I was wondering where the bump in comments came from. :lol

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Tashi0106 said:

Yeah, if I'm forced into an Elite Slayer match, it's what I use.

If anything needs to be patched in this game, it's the removal of all the simultaneous kills that happen. :(

Mr. Sam

Just had the best game of Elite Slayer on Sword Base. Two of my team immediately went for the sword and got brushed aside by an enemy team player who had got there first. I killed the sword guy (and his friend) and took the sword for myself. One of my teammates who'd died earlier then had the audacity to follow me round and grief me with the energy pistol. The icing on the cake was he broke away from me to assassinate someone, only for me to get a Yoink! with the needler. He quit and I laughed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom