• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember R E A C H |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mr. Sam said:
Just had the best game of Elite Slayer on Sword Base. Two of my team immediately went for the sword and got brushed aside by an enemy team player who had got there first. I killed the sword guy (and his friend) and took the sword for myself. One of my teammates who'd died earlier then had the audacity to follow me round and grief me with the energy pistol. The icing on the cake was he broke away from me to assassinate someone, only for me to get a Yoink! with the needler. He quit and I laughed.

This is my hope for all the griefers out there: in the afterlife when they play a game, it's always full of people like themselves, and they can't quit. It would be such sweet justice.

Tashi0106 said:
Have you guys noticed how effective it is to shoot the plasma pistol rather than charging a shot? That thing drops shields so fucking fast.
I love it on Gruntpoclypse, give those little bastards a taste of their own medicine.

Sai-kun

Banned
note: I know i should mute people but

i'm tired of getting called a faggot and chink and other generally homophobic/racist things. jesus christ. I would never wish pain or anything upon anyone, but these people playing this game make me want to kick some faces in.

Sai-kun said:

i'm tired of getting called a faggot and chink and other generally homophobic/racist things. jesus christ. I would never wish pain or anything upon anyone, but these people playing this game make me want to kick some faces in.

Preaching to the choir here, sorry bub. Team and Party for me and I pre-emptively mute team mates I don't know in MM. The only time I don't need to go on a mute spree is playing with GAF people in customs, it's nice.

GloveSlap

Dax01 said:
If Bungie puts out a patch altering weapon damage, I hope they touch on the pro-pipe. They need to get rid of the distance limit so it explodes on impact when it hits a player no matter what the distance.

Edit: Also, I got poked with the sword yesterday.

One way to get around this is to bounce the nade off of something to your side if the person is too close. You can usually remote detonate after it banks. The launcher is my favorite weapon by far, so satisfying to use and not cheap at all.

StUnNeR H2K

Sai-kun said:

I just mute and move on... Most of the kids have no clue what they are saying, just repeating something they heard the last jerk say.

Domino Theory said:
Yeah, if I'm forced into an Elite Slayer match, it's what I use.

If anything needs to be patched in this game, it's the removal of all the simultaneous kills that happen. :(

That I doubt they can remove it, since way it handles client/server agreement is pretty fundamental to why the net code is so good.

As bad as it still is, it's gotten better for me over the years, in fact overall, Reach just seems much more quite than Halo 2 or halo 3, and I even have my settings put to "Chatty"

electricpirate said:
As bad as it still is, it's gotten better for me over the years, in fact overall, Reach just seems much more quite than Halo 2 or halo 3, and I even have my settings put to "Chatty"

It's still awful, subsequent halos just have better voice options. Not to mention stuff like party chat which makes playing games loads better for folks like myself. I have run into a couple perma-muted kids, I laughed pretty bad at that.

Kuroyume

Banned
I put everyone on mute a long time ago and it's just much more enjoyable because of it. I kind of miss those moments in Halo 2 where you would come across some funny person, but I never encountered them ever since the 360 launched so I figure the annoying people/assholes outnumber them now with more people on Live.

electricpirate said:
That I doubt they can remove it, since way it handles client/server agreement is pretty fundamental to why the net code is so good.

Most people are in party chat now which is why XBL seems so much quieter.

Sai-kun said:

My XBL settings are set to friends only, so I never hear that stuff. I can't imagine it would be fun.

Sai-kun

Banned
backflip10019 said:
Any of you other HaloGAFfers on Twitter? I've found a couple of you -- Dani, Blueblur, Juices, Bladed -- anyone else? I'm @wdeg, by the way.

I LURV TWITTERRR

I'm [url="http://twitter.com/sai__kun]@Sai__kun[/url]

Sai-kun said:
I LURV TWITTERRR

I'm [url="http://twitter.com/sai__kun]@Sai__kun[/url]
Followed. Anybody else?

Also, haven't played Reach in a while. Been so busy at work and have had no free time at all. Any significant changes made lately?

Ramirez

Dear Bungie, please remove or at least limit the clip size of the Shotgun on maps where it's prone to camping in Arena. (ex. Swordbase/Countdown)

Thank you

Sai-kun said:

The hateful shit that people say in damn near every match is really disgusting. I'm getting quicker at muting folks though, which helps.

Last night I matched up with a nice group of people two games in a row, decided to party up, and made a few new friends. Too bad that rarely happens.

So who wants to explain jackpot/slot machine to me?

When the slot machine comes out, does everyone in the game get the same amount regardless of team?

How often do the big jackpots come out and are they player or team specific like the slot machine?

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
ZayneH said:

• Melee (don't assassinate) Elite at the beginning
  • Kill Grunts that are sleeping next to him
  • Sprint on the far right side
  • Shoot Grunt off Turret
  • Sprint like hell
  • Melee (don't assassinate) Elite followed by 3 sleeping Grunts
  • Snipe Grunts off Plasma Turrets
  • Drive Forklift so it's parallel and touching the closed door
  • Exit Forklift to bypass defending Jun
  • ???
  • Profit

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
krakov said:
As far as I've noticed. It usually wakes up the grunts.

Well you can assassinate the second Elite with sleeping Grunts, but for the first one, if you assassinate him, that allows the game to load up all the Focus Rifle Elites on the rooftops.

Basically, you want to pass the first encounter spot as fast as possible so that you can sprint past the first area that has the explosive tank right in the middle.

Just had one of those great AL moments.

wjdeza.jpg

Elite Slayer, Multiteam (probably my favorite combo because it's pure fucking mayhem) on Reflection. I needle a guy then proceed quickly head up the ramp to the elevator. A team is sitting pretty up there. As I ran at them, I get stuck twice. I finish killing one of them with needles and quickly AL after I stick the final guy. Got a smooth triple kill from all of it. I did pretty well too in the match, going +18.

Would appreciate it if a Halo GAF buddy would render it. Love you loooonnnnnggggg time.

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=9121419&player=GrimmJob

MrDaravon

Where the hell are Weekend Playlists? Seriously.

Also I still haven't been able to find out, do we have any idea if the daily cR cap has been removed or not?

SailorDaravon said:
Where the hell are Weekend Playlists? Seriously.

Also I still haven't been able to find out, do we have any idea if the daily cR cap has been removed or not?

Daily CR cap is still there, and it frustrates the hell out of one of my friends because hes a Brigadier and apparently hits the cap pretty quickly. To be fair I think he just plays too much, but I assume the Cap will be scaled up as more people rank up hopefully.

I also cant wait for weekend playlists, theyre always a nice change of pace.

MrBig

Grimm Fandango said:
So do all the other Firefight voices talk a lot? I bought Master Chief and in one round, he said more than in all of the other Halo games combined.
I got stacker. He has maybe 15 different lines in all, I was disappointed. Won't be buying anything else besides Johnson.

krakov

The host migration in this game could be a bit better. It seems to last longer for some than for others. I'm usually dead when I get back for example, even though I just spawned when it started. Also, armor abilities will often not work or change. In a game of BTB where you can run in to this problem maybe 5-10 times per game, it's not very fun.

Had an issue with this on Atom where the first few minutes where completely black for me. Watching it in Theatre doesn't make me any wiser, looks like I wasn't even in the game.

Grimm Fandango said:
So do all the other Firefight voices talk a lot? I bought Master Chief and in one round, he said more than in all of the other Halo games combined.
I think they're all equally chatty. I love having that variety since I play a lot of Firefight, so I'm trying to buy them all. The only 3 I have left are Cortana, Johnson and MC, but of course those are the most expensive.

Buck is my favorite. "BAM said the lady!"

Striker

Demoncarnotaur said:
Same question has been bugging me also. It feels empty without them.
What playlists did you have in mind?

The only one I see worth bringing in is something involving the community maps. Otherwise its rather pointless. There's already an abundance of selections now.

Falt

Arena question: Say I've played the amount of games/days, been ranked, been given a division. Is it set in stone for the season?

zumphry

Banned
Schmitty said:
vadernooooooo.gif

You didn't seem to be enjoying yourself :lol

Yeah, I wasn't. Either because I'm sucking due to not playing Matchmaking for about two weeks, or because of something happening that seemed random to me.

Hydranockz said:
Heartwarming email from Bungie made my day :p

header.jpg

Carnage makes me happy happy too. :D

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Striker said:
What playlists did you have in mind?

The only one I see worth bringing in is something involving the community maps. Otherwise its rather pointless. There's already an abundance of selections now.

gerrrrriff ball

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom