• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember R E A C H |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

krakov

Dirtbag said:
Shotgun range seems too short, it's turned into a corner camping weapon.

I think it's a lot better than in Halo 3 and probably the one power weapon I try to go after. I'm crap at camping but I usually play close and aggressive.

Agree about the other weapons though, almost wish I was still playing the beta in some ways.

urk said:
I'll check on the total Monday morning. For now, Make 10 incredulous forum posts on GAF and I will send you a t-shirt. Right after I send Ram his onesie and Devon his special controller.
Dev
LIz3d.jpg
n

;)

Ramirez

urk said:
I'll check on the total Monday morning. For now, Make 10 incredulous forum posts on GAF and I will send you a t-shirt. Right after I send Ram his onesie and Devon his special controller.

My child will be 2 years old by the time it gets here. :lol

Also, your g/f bought you a Kinect for your B-day? She must really hate you.

Devin Olsen said:
:)

Shot of everything that Emily got me <3
My Halo Reach console wants to say hi.
j74skfkp.png

Btw. happy birthday. Wanna play kinect adventures online?*

I was just kidding. I'll never play this game online.

Ramirez

Smokey said:
Ran into a General AND o buddy had the blue armor lighting effect on.

REALLY?

goddamn how many hrs is that

If they play a lot on top of cheesing the commendations it probably doesn't take half as long as you'd think.

MrDaravon

Smokey said:
Ran into a General AND o buddy had the blue armor lighting effect on.

REALLY?

goddamn how many hrs is that

This guy is a General Grade 3 and has what looks like about 20 days of playtime. I know I saw a linked General Grade 4 a couple of days ago, not sure if anyone's any higher than that. I hadn't seen the lightning effect yet either, although I've seen a couple of the Pestilence one.

Devin is the inferior version, kill it with fire.

(My name is Devon)

Also the urban version is De'Von. Can't count how many times my name is said that way though.

Ramirez

SailorDaravon said:
This guy is a General Grade 3 and has what looks like about 20 days of playtime. I know I saw a linked General Grade 4 a couple of days ago, not sure if anyone's any higher than that. I hadn't seen the lightning effect yet either, although I've seen a couple of the Pestilence one.

87% commendation progress. :lol

Dude has 17K kills with the assault rifle in Firefight, and over 100,000 total kills in FF, good lord man.

kaskade

The challenges today don't seem too band and are pretty decent point values. I need to get the achievements for captain and buying something lt. colonel. I'm so close to 1000/1000.

chapel said:
I used to love Objective games in H2/3 but have no enjoyed it at all in Reach. Feels like the game is working against me.

Honestly, its depressing. Objective is(was) my favorite part of Halo.

Remember the flag reset timer on the Flag in H2? It was nice.

Remember 1 Bomb and 1 Flag fast? It was nice.

Remember when the bomb and flag were actually inside the Powerhouse? That was nice.

Why are they letting objective die? :(

Somnid

urk said:
Challenges are baked in. We can't introduce new scenarios.

As in you can only do aggregations of weapon/enemy kills and medals on a per game/day/week basis or there are literally like 100 hard-coded challenges? I certainly hope it's not the latter.

Lead Based Paint said:
Honestly, its depressing. Objective is(was) my favorite part of Halo.

Remember the flag reset timer on the Flag in H2? It was nice.

Remember 1 Bomb and 1 Flag fast? It was nice.

Remember when the bomb and flag were actually inside the Powerhouse? That was nice.

Why are they letting objective die? :(
Nah, that was terrible. That just let the defending team camp inside, giving them no incentive to go outside because it's so easily defended.

Ramirez

Dax01 said:
Nah, that was terrible. That just let the defending team camp inside, giving them no incentive to go outside because it's so easily defended.

I'm pretty sure the removal of rockets would have helped this a ton. You can't give a defending team 4 Reach rockets, it just doesn't work. You can pretty much lock Reflection down this way too for a good 2 minutes.

Ramirez said:
I'm pretty sure the removal of rockets would have helped this a ton. You can't give a defending team 4 Reach rockets, it just doesn't work. You can pretty much lock Reflection down this way too for a good 2 minutes.

Agreed.

I think the power weapons should be halved on most maps. This includes rockets and snipers especially.

rush777

Ramirez said:
\
As far as the game not feeling like a core Halo title, the multiplayer lead was a completely different guy, and you can see the Shadowrun influence all over the game. I seriously would probably have no problems at all with the game if the bloom didn't exist, it is without a doubt the dumbest addition to the game, IMO. It really hampers the flow of gun battles...

Totally agree the bloom is really the only thing holding the game back for me, and it's also the main change to the core of Halo that I think so many are complaining about.

Ramirez

rush777 said:
Totally agree the bloom is really the only thing holding the game back for me, and it's also the main change to the core of Halo that I think so many are complaining about.

Yea, obviously the guns would have to have a locked RoF, but I would love to play this game without bloom just to see how big of a difference it would make to the gun play.

Insaniac

i agree about the bloom. Deshield a guy in 4 shots with the DMR? No problem. Get a headshot from 10 yards away after deshielding? Seems like an impossibility if I aim for the head. Aim for a random part of the chest seems to do better.

Gui_PT

Insaniac said:
i agree about the bloom. Deshield a guy in 4 shots with the DMR? No problem. Get a headshot from 10 yards away after deshielding? Seems like an impossibility if I aim for the head. Aim for a random part of the chest seems to do better.

It really feels like skill isn't rewarded at all. Of course, you can let bloom go down for that last shot after you take out the shields, but it's almost always a waste of time since your opponent will get a random headshot on you just by spamming shots =\

krakov

Dax01 said:

Hammer and shotgun was pretty much given to the attacking team though. Rockets can be countered with armor lock and hologram can mess up campers. Having a guy on the bottom floor with camo helped as well. Felt really good when you finally got the flag.

I'm not sure how I like the new placements though since it shows up in the rotation once every blue moon, and then gets voted down for team headhunter.

Insaniac said:

No offense but that means you are doing it wrong.

krakov said:
I'm not sure how I like the new placements though since it shows up in the rotation once every blue moon, and then gets voted down for team headhunter.

Ill tell you. Its awful and it makes absolutely no sense. They pretty much turned the asymmetrical map spawns diagonal and it plays like shit.

Gui_PT said:
It really feels like skill isn't rewarded at all. Of course, you can let bloom go down for that last shot after you take out the shields, but it's almost always a waste of time since your opponent will get a random headshot on you just by spamming shots =\

All this is is anecdotal evidence. It almost never happens.

rush777

Insaniac said:

yeah happens all too often, I have to wonder if they would change movement speed to counter no bloom. Or is there no connection between movement and bloom?:lol

Insaniac

Lead Based Paint said:
No offense but that means you are doing it wrong.

I understand taht, but see the point is that halo has never been that way, it's always been precision shooting, and why should I be punished if someone can spam shots and just get a lucky headshot even if they can't aim worth a damn?

rush777 said:
yeah happens all too often, I have to wonder if they would change movement speed to counter no bloom. Or is there no connection between movement and bloom?:lol

Crouching and shooting makes your bloom return to normal quicker, thus giving you more accurate shots. when I first discovered this I was like, awesome! I'll crouch whenever i'm in a firefight now! Then I thought, wait, am I playing counterstrike?

Insaniac said:
I understand taht, but see the point is that halo has never been that way, it's always been precision shooting, and why should I be punished if someone can spam shots and just get a lucky headshot even if they can't aim worth a damn?

But see that is precision shooting, just not the precision shooting you are fond of.

Insaniac said:
Crouching and shooting makes your bloom return to normal quicker, thus giving you more accurate shots. when I first discovered this I was like, awesome! I'll crouch whenever i'm in a firefight now! Then I thought, wait, am I playing counterstrike?

I only crouch and fire usually when I have the jump on someone and can get some shots off without moving. In a real firefight you just gotta stand up more than likely.

MrDaravon

Gui_PT said:

With the Pistol I occasionally feel this way, but never with the DMR. Even if my shields are gone and I'm frantically backpeddling, I always feel I'm hitting right where I want to be; saves my ass all the time.

Veelk

Banned
Gui_PT said:
I disagree. With the DMR, I rarely ever get a headshot by spamming shots, but most of the time when I stop and let the bloom settle, I'll get the kill. With the pistol, that argument holds a bit more weight because of the larger retinal makes it harder to get a headshot, but the same general argument applies for me. Pop shields, wait for bloom to settle = victory for me 90% of the time, provided the enemy is spamming.

Gui_PT said:
Incorrect.

Actually this is correct. And it probably goes like this.

"Whenever I get their shields down I keep shooting at the head and I always miss. I shoot like 5 times and I keep missing. Goddamit"

"Oh shit I just got a headshot while spamming the dmr. Wow that almost never happens.

rush777

Well the thing is I also rarely get a headshot by spamming the DMR but thats because I don't spam my DMR. I have however lost many battles to someone who spams, anyone who says they haven't are LIARS:D

Ramirez

rush777 said:
Well the thing is I also rarely get a headshot by spamming the DMR but thats because I don't spam my DMR. I have however lost many battles to someone who spams, anyone who says they haven't are LIARS:D

Pretty much.

What's baffling to me is that people who are really good still struggle with the bloom all the time, I can't even imagine how bad players must feel most of the time.

MrDaravon

Gui_PT said:
I didn't mention any specific weapon. I was referring to the idea of bloom in general.

You quoted someone talking about DMR shots :lol

urk, while you're crushing dreams can you comment at all about why there's been no Weekend Playlists?

Gui_PT

SailorDaravon said:
You quoted someone talking about DMR shots :lol

Is that some sort of a law that defines what I was talking about? The discussion was about bloom. Don't agree with me? Fine, but what I said is a fact.

Voltron64

Bloom is a terrible addition to Halo. If Halo:CE was released with reticule bloom it would have been right there with Azurik and Brute Force in the bargain bin and the Xbox brand as we know it wouldn't exist.

MrDaravon

Gui_PT said:
Is that some sort of a law that defines what I was talking about? The discussion was about bloom. Don't agree with me? Fine, but what I said is a fact.

You quoted someone talking about bloom and the DMR, god forbid anyone think you're talking about the DMR bloom.

No idea why you're so pissy here, but stating something is "fact" when multiple posters in a row disagree makes you come off as a jackass.

Gui_PT

SailorDaravon said:
You quoted someone talking about bloom and the DMR, god forbid anyone think you're talking about the DMR bloom.

No idea why you're so pissy here, but stating something is "fact" when multiple posters in a row disagree makes you come off as a jackass.

Funny, that's what you've been coming off as.

MrDaravon

Gui_PT said:
Funny, that's what you've been coming off as.

Several people responded to your post about DMRs, you said you weren't talking about DMRs, and I posted why people probably thought you were talking about DMRs. Then you posted something about "laws" and how if people disagree that's fine but that your statement is fact. Clearly I am the jackass.

MMaRsu

Voltron64 said:
Bloom is a terrible addition to Halo. If Halo:CE was released with reticule bloom it would have been right there with Azurik and Brute Force in the bargain bin and the Xbox brand as we know it wouldn't exist.

What's reticule bloom?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom