• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember R E A C H |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gui_PT

Circle T said:
No problem. :D

I keep checking this thread for people needing things rendered. I still have over 150 render minutes to get rid of, so if anyone has anything to render, let me know.

If that's the case. Skullamanjaro! Right when I was half a second away from being hammered in the face.

Many thanks =)

Hey You

Circle T said:
No problem. :D

I keep checking this thread for people needing things rendered. I still have over 150 render minutes to get rid of, so if anyone has anything to render, let me know.
Why do you have so much?

Holy shit Bungie's Sanctuary is a horrible map. Someone seriously must have spent an hour on it, gone "Hey this looks close enough" and called it a day. Shitty spawns, shitty placement of objects. The fact that they had to put a soft barrier up on the roofs AFTER the game launched says a ton about their playtesting team. Plus, they fix those two spots, and leave the top of the base untouched. AND you can fall off of the map. What the fuck?

I honestly cannot believe more than one person tested that map out.

Circle T

Gui_PT said:
If that's the case. Skullamanjaro! Right when I was half a second away from being hammered in the face.

Many thanks =)
Done.
Hey You said:
Why do you have so much?
I bought a bunch during the beta, thinking I was going to play this game a ton when it came out. That isn't the case, as I don't play it any more at all, so I now have a buttload of minutes to get rid of.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
krakov said:
Any idea when reach is on? from now. I'm not very good with timezones.

It's on right now :D

Winners bracket round 6. We'll start to see some good teams now including Halo 3 pro teams.

Lazslo

MLG Dallas is playing Reach right now on Sanctuary. The maps looks better to play on then the variant in matchmaking currently but looks so dull and boring. It's crazy how MLG can make a map so depressing to look at, but I guess gameplay trumps all in the Big Leagues™. Go Final Boss!

enzo_gt said:
Is there a chart of the bonuses anywhere? I'm almost Onyx for Get Loud.

What's really silly (aside from all the many other flaws) is that the higher the commendation (and thus the harder it gets), the less the reward.

The least the system could have done is make the higher tiers have a larger payoff.

Tashi0106 said:
It's on right now :D

Winners bracket round 6. We'll start to see some good teams now including Halo 3 pro teams.
MLGPro hates my MacBook. Any decent J.tv streams? I am not having much luck.

Tashi0106 said:
I couldn't find any, sorry. :/

No worries bud I will keep looking around.

Lazslo

Tashi you should be a coach for a pro team mang. But seriously, what are the responsibilities of a MLG Coach? I never understood what exactly they do...

Monocle

So how did Frankie get banned? I was reading the old Shotty Snipers thread where Tyson had a freakout and left GAF, and I noticed the dreaded tag under OuterWorldVoice's name. Hope he wasn't perm'd.

Monocle said:
So how did Frankie get banned? I was reading the old Shotty Snipers thread where Tyson had a freakout and left GAF, and I noticed the dreaded tag under OuterWorldVoice's name. Hope he wasn't perm'd.
Its just a temp. But he committed account suicide. The post is deleted.

Tashi

Lazslo said:
Tashi you should be a coach for a pro team mang. But seriously, what are the responsibilities of a MLG Coach? I never understood what exactly they do...

lol

Coaches are there to be like a reminder. They call out weapon spawns and power up spawns. They also reinforce callouts to players, give positive feedback and hype the team up. These players are like zombies out there, all Adderall'd up playing game after game after game. Coaches also remind players to keep an eye out for enemy spawns and maybe tell other players on the team when 1 guy needs help running a flag or holding an oddball. Things like that basically.

Honestly I don't know if I'd be able to play with a coach. These guys are season tournament pros and so they're used to it. I don't know if I could have another guy calling out stuff in my ear that's not on my team. His voice would just seem so out of place.

Trasher

Tashi0106 said:
lol

Coaches are there to be like a reminder. They call out weapon spawns and power up spawns. They also reinforce callouts to players, give positive feedback and hype the team up. These players are like zombies out there, all Adderall'd up playing game after game after game. Coaches also remind players to keep an eye out for enemy spawns and maybe tell other players on the team when 1 guy needs help running a flag or holding an oddball. Things like that basically.

Honestly I don't know if I'd be able to play with a coach. These guys are season tournament pros and so they're used to it. I don't know if I could have another guy calling out stuff in my ear that's not on my team. His voice would just seem so out of place.
I'm sure you would eventually find it super useful, and I bet you wouldn't mind all that much if your coach was someone you were familiar with or something. It would be just like a fifth teammate calling stuff out.

Tashi

Trasher said:
I'm sure you would eventually find it super useful, and I bet you wouldn't mind all that much if your coach was someone you were familiar with or something. It would be just like a fifth teammate calling stuff out.

Yea I'm sure it would just take time. It'd be nice to always have someone to remind me of weapon times too. Sometimes I forget them! The MLG Reach ones are much easier to remember than they were in Halo 3 and they can't get dirtied either. Sometimes you just forget to look at the clock.

Lazslo

Tashi0106 said:
lol

Oh nice thanks man I always wondered what they did. Yeah you seem more suited for a player then coach, I'll be your agent if you need on bro- we'll get rich.
Trasher said:
Hey Trasher you gonna be around for customs tonight man?

Tashi

GhaleonEB said:
Thank you. Odd to nuke a post, but yeah. Very weird conversation, not sure what Frank was trying to accomplish.

So who's going to make the "Free Frankie" T-shirts?? :p

Trasher

GhaleonEB said:
Thank you. Odd to nuke a post, but yeah. Very weird conversation, not sure what Frank was trying to accomplish.
Apparently he's human!

Lazslo said:
Hey Trasher you gonna be around for customs tonight man?
I might be. Not sure yet. Might have other plans.

Lazslo

Hey Dani you hosting customs tonight? I haven't seen the obligatory Red Text of reminder. I'm taking it eazy tonight (rough night last night) so I'm looking forward to dongin' on all of yous.

Hey You

I wish certain playlists guests couldn't enter. Like Team Objective.

Most of the time if you've got a guest on your team, your boned.:lol

Lazslo said:
Hey Dani you hosting customs tonight? I haven't seen the obligatory Red Text of reminder. I'm taking it eazy tonight (rough night last night) so I'm looking forward to dongin' on all of yous.
If I stand still at any point, that's me sneezing, feel free to make me pay for not spending the whole day in bed :lol

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Lazslo said:

HaloGAF Customs start in 1 hour 30 minutes from now.

MrBig

Trasher said:
I'm sure you won't love them in a team objective game when you have three on your team while the other team has none.
That's what I meant, I had to carry my whole team of guests.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
GhaleonEB said:
Iron sights are the worst thing to happen to FPS. I wouldn't touch Halo if they were included.

What makes you say that? I think ADS is awesome, and should be in more games, if for nothing more, to add immersion.

Not looking to argue, just asking.

Raide

If anyone doing the customs fancies trying out my CTF map Trapped, you're more than welcome. :lol More feedback would be awesome.

Trasher

Glowingmonx said:
Not every guest is bad (they don't own Halo themselves btw)

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/GameStats.aspx?gameid=11183796&player=GlowingMonx

Though I agree that guests suck more often than not when I play against them.
Has anyone here even played 4 player split-screen before? I have, and just to let those who haven't know, the graphics are AWFUL in split-screen. You can't even see players that are over 100 feet away unless you zoom. Yes, that is correct. People are invisible at certain distances. Even if you are amazing at Halo you are still gonna be at a disadvantage when playing split-screen. That's why I hate guests being allowed. =/

Domino Theory said:
Damn, you only beat the team that DNFed. That sucks man!

GhaleonEB

Alienshogun said:
What makes you say that? I think ADS is awesome, and should be in more games, if for nothing more, to add immersion.

Not looking to argue, just asking.
I detest the design philosophy that leads to them. Rather than balance the weapon through its behavior, they impact the players ability to see the screen. It's the same design philosophy that leads to expanding reticules while moving (punish player accuracy for moving), smearing the screen with jam when damaged (impact player visibility as punishment for injury), and otherwise doing things to affect the player's ability to see and or/move. I think it's a lazy way to balance a game, and I hate the effect it has on my enjoyment of the game.

Random example: I played the demo for the second FEAR game (whatever it was called) and it was a non-stop barrage of screen-distorting effects. I don't like games that try to balance things out by impacting my ability to see or move properly.

Halo has always been the game that didn't do that (ODST aside), which is one of the reasons I like it.

Presco

enzo_gt said:
Some of these are SUCH bullshit. All the ones that are hard to get or take (relatively) more skill like sidearm kills and assassinations have the lowest bonus payout. And I expected Onyx payouts to be more TBH.

Yeah, it's quite strange they don't scale very well at all. Presumably, by the time you're at the level of Onyx commendations in multiplayer, you require a whole ton of credits to rank up. I fail to see the point when you can get the same amount of credits in 10 minutes or less doing one of the daily challenges.

Winners bracket round 2 starting now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom