• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember R E A C H |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kuroyume

Banned
neoism said:
nope a 15 year old kid... and it shows. The map is shit.

Seriously... This is up there with Smashed or whatever it was called as one of the worst maps of all time. It doesn't even make sense. It's just a bunch of shit dumped out in the open. Terrible.

Man, missed Customs AGAIN! :( Stupid friends always wanting to do things Saturday night. :lol

That Ghostbusters gametype looks really fun. I would love to get a chance to play that one of these days.

Ramirez

Did Lars make any of the past Halo maps?

So, I hit Onyx Jack of All Trades and I get a whopping...1700 credits. Seriously? :|

Still haven't got a jackpot either, and I've only quit one game total. :( I guess it counts d/cs too, I had one of those the other night. Me and Trash both had our Xbox's freeze during a black screen, kinda odd that it happened to both of us at the same time...

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Does anyone else have issues when a new host gets assigned? The game usually starts stuttering in intervals, for upwards of a minute or so.

Gui_PT

jizzlobber said:
what are todays challenges?
for some reason bungie.net is showing yesterdays for me.

Apparently they'll only be up in about 30 minutes. Did the hour change over there in the Americas?

aaah ok.
bummer for me, it's usually 9pm... 10pm will probably mean i'll have to work on them the next night.
aaah well, same diff I guess

Daily Challenge: Neuroscience (1200cR) - Kill 10 enemies with headshots in a multiplayer Matchmaking game. http://vapr.me/7mg

Daily Challenge: Leadership Element (1500cR) - Kill 45 enemy leaders in the Campaign today. http://vapr.me/7mg

Daily Challenge: A Friend in Need (1000cR) - Earn 10 assists in Firefight Matchmaking. http://vapr.me/7mg

Daily Challenge: Blastin' and Relaxin' (1000cR) - Kill 90 enemies in any game mode in Reach. http://vapr.me/7mg

Gui_PT

Who wants to party up to get the FF assists later today?

I'm looking at you Gandalf

Anyone else let me know if you're interested.

Gui_PT said:

I already finished the challenge. But I could join you, because I'll get many credits in a normal firefight game.

MrBig

Gui_PT said:

I think I have you on my FL, I got some work today so just let me know when.

feel

Ramirez said:
Still haven't got a jackpot either, and I've only quit one game total. :( I guess it counts d/cs too, I had one of those the other night. Me and Trash both had our Xbox's freeze during a black screen, kinda odd that it happened to both of us at the same time...
Me neither. :( I don't think I've ever quit a Reach game, and I've had like 2 or 3 disconnects max so far, and I don't even remember when the last one was. I want my huge jackpot!

Insaniac said:
http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=9216654&player=TheLintendo

You guys wanna dl my map and tell me if its matchmaking worthy?
It's better than 3 or 4 of the Bungie maps currently on matchmaking, so that's a yes. I walked around by myself, and my 2cents: I really enjoy the land area, every place seems to have multiple routes in, pleasant to the eye and it all seems to flow well on foot.
Sniper tower seems very overpowered in the hands of a decent team though, it gives a way too good of a view of a huge chunk of the map, only one way to get to the top floor on foot (lift), and you need to do a long and very exposed trip to get to the tower itself. Don't really have any goods tips on how to improve/fix this, maybe some teleporters up there to keep the sniper paranoid, or something that would limit the crossmap sniping.

Gui_PT

Hypertrooper said:
I already finished the challenge. But I could join you, because I'll get many credits in a normal firefight game.

Sure man, I'll get on in a short while.

MrBig said:
I think I have you on my FL, I got some work today so just let me know when.

I don't think I have you, but I'll send ya a message when we're ready to go. If you're not available, I'll join you when you can, so I can help you.

bobs99 ... said:
Legendary guide?

Im going to sound stupid if thats like an official guide, but have you got a link? :D

Ah just saw the wikipedia link nice.
Its the Limited Edition of the Strategy Guide. It has a Artbook-like part (and this part is totally awesome!)

MrBig

Gui_PT said:
I don't think I have you, but I'll send ya a message when we're ready to go. If you're not available, I'll join you when you can, so I can help you.
Well I'm going to have to reformat my computer today since it apparently decided to hate me today and bluescreen every time I try to open photoshop. Two years I've had this thing and it hasn't bluescreened once. I'll have the next few hours free while reinstalling all my shit just so that I can do a quick job :(

For those of you at the beginning of customs last night, did you enjoy my map at the back of the island and the headlong successor? The one on the island (zion) is going to need some more ways to get into the bases, but what did you think of it overall?
I might submit one (both?) to the forgetacular contest if I get some more playtesting help from you guys.

Gui_PT

MrBig said:
Don't know what happened there guys, it showed hyper trooper lagging out and then i was by myself

Me and Raide were the only ones left. Crazy Hunter bonus round happened :lol , taking some screenshots now

MrBig

Raide said:
It said you both quit on my screen and then it was down to 2. :lol
I made it to the last wave and got destroyed by the elites and ran out of time before i could get mauled by hunters :lol

Gui_PT

QH6MG.jpg

Gui_PT

MrBig said:
It's hard enough to kill 1 hunter with 4 people, how did you kill so many with 2?

We just "strategically placed" ourselves inside the room on the right with a fuel rod gun each :lol

Raide

Gui_PT said:

:D

As the match ended, we popped outside to survey the damage. We both laughed and thought it was awesome. Ain't nothing coming through that Fuel Rod Barrage. Now the computer knows how we feel when we receive some steaming Fuel Rod ammo up the exhaust pipe.

Gui_PT

Raide said:
:D

As the match ended, we popped outside to survey the damage. We both laughed and thought it was awesome. Ain't nothing coming through that Fuel Rod Barrage. Now the computer knows how we feel when we receive some steaming Fuel Rod ammo up the exhaust pipe.

We're actually in the shot, but since it was resized, it's not looking great and it's hard to tell.

Good games guys, we should party up more often.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom