• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember R E A C H |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
enzo_gt said:
On what map is this best to do it on? I did the 1000000 on Beachhead before only because it spawns lots of enemies, but is there a more optimal map to do it on?

The million took me 45 minutes on beach head. I used the Rocket Launcher too, maybe I should've used fuel rod?

There's a million in 10 minutes gametype that works best on Corvette.

Azar said:
When I did the 200,000 point challenge legit with friends in FF Classic, it was achieved once we hit 200k as a group. No way the three of us played long enough to get up to 600k.
It's different for the challenge. You have to do it individually.

If it's individually, fuck it, I'm downloading the custom firefight settings. Doesn't it take several hours to get it to 1m normally? How many hours would it take to get it to 4m+?!

Shake Appeal said:
If it's individually, fuck it, I'm downloading the custom firefight settings. Doesn't it take several hours to get it to 1m normally? How many hours would it take to get it to 4m+?!
IrishGaf... united as always... :p

I'm thinking the same about that challenge.

I am moving up to Dublin in less than 2 months... I hope I can afford a 360 after a few weeks work :lol Otherwise I can kiss my year subscription to live out the window.

Falt

Hydranockz said:
IrishGaf... united as always... :p

I'm thinking the same about that challenge.

I am moving up to Dublin in less than 2 months... I hope I can afford a 360 after a few weeks work :lol Otherwise I can kiss my year subscription to live out the window.

Yeah, individually is the way to go.

Where abouts in Dublin are you moving to?

Hemorrhage has to be one of the worst CTF maps in recent memory. Nothing ever gets done on that map unless one team outnumbers the other.

Also, I hope Bungie, when they update the game with a TU, give the Warthog and mongoose a little more grounded feeling. The controls are a little too floaty as is. There's no reason to risk going full speed over a hill or something or risk having any fun wit hit because you get flipped over at the slightest bump.

Ramirez

Man, getting through Colonel G3 is taking for hell and ever...still got like 80K to go. :|

Still so much I dislike about this game, but I fight through it to try and find that old Halo magic. :(

Ramirez

I got the 1M in FF on Corvette in like 10 minutes, the bonus round is hilarious with like 30 Gold Elites pouring out at all times. :lol

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Ramirez said:
Man, getting through Colonel G3 is taking for hell and ever...still got like 80K to go. :|

Still so much I dislike about this game, but I fight through it to try and find that old Halo magic. :(
iR84A.jpg

Seriously though, you'd think being at Colonel G3 would be some indication of you being really into a game :lol

enzo_gt said:
http://i.imgur.com/iR84A.jpg

Seriously though, you'd think being at Colonel G3 would be some indication of you being really into a game :lol

:lol

I know loads of people who hate the game, or maybe just find parts of it annoying, and literally play non stop JUST because its Halo. My thinking is, that if it doesnt capture what kept you addicted by an older game, theres no point playing it for the name alone.

If youve played enough to be a Colonel grade 3 and dont like it, then its pretty much a done deal that your never gonna like it.

For me, as much as reach has problems I can find fun in it, but I think im gonna wait for the MLG playlist to really drag me into it in a big way. Its the closest there will be to a barebones traditional playlist and im hoping on V3 they go back to higher movement. That would make my day.

GhaleonEB

ZayneH said:
Don't suppose there's any room left in this anymore, eh?
I haven't done it yet. I just got time now to get on. :lol

If anyone wants to try in 10 minutes (just started a Score Attack game) let me know. Otherwise I'll try for the 200k achievement today solo.

In case you're not checking the Forge thread, we're going to try ForgeGAF customs in about 5 minutes. Feel free to join if you want to check out some maps or if you're just looking to get some footage of your map with (roughly) a 4v4 setup :D

Kuroyume said:
Are recoil and bloom two different things in this game or is the bloom an indicator of recoil?

I dont think there is recoil in the game. The bloom is really a replacement for the effects of recoil.

As far as I see it, Recoil was present in something like the SMG on Halo 3, as you fired it the recoil caused the gun to kick upwards.

Ramirez

Just because I have a ton of issues with the game doesn't mean I don't like any aspect of it at all. Why concern yourselves with how much I play or why I play it, it's by and far my favorite franchise, I simply vent on here in hopes that maybe some day something will be heard and changed. Something as little as removing the dropshield from Obj. would be a good start. :p

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Ramirez said:
Just because I have a ton of issues with the game doesn't mean I don't like any aspect of it at all. Why concern yourselves with how much I play or why I play it, it's by and far my favorite franchise, I simply vent on here in hopes that maybe some day something will be heard and changed. Something as little as removing the dropshield from Obj. would be a good start. :p
So basically you hate Reach. Got it.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Ramirez said:

We're in the Online Forum now, dudebro.

In here, no one can hear you scream.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Ramirez said:

Let's start with quitters, then work from there. :lol

I feel like if Shishka can get fusion coils off Valhalla NinjaOnFire should be able to remove drop shields from objective.

Then again these are some pretty demanding tasks.

You can say what you like, NinjaOnFire has been pretty fucking responsive to community criticism. Yeah, it's a steady drip of change rather than a sudden gush, but the way they've hammered Arena out over the past two months has been impressive.

Striker

xxjuicesxx said:
I feel like if Shishka can get fusion coils off Valhalla NinjaOnFire should be able to remove drop shields from objective.

Then again these are some pretty demanding tasks.
We've gotten a ton of changes throughout the playlists. I applaud the amount that has been done since launch. The little variety and changes in Halo 3 really diluted the game for me.

Ninja isn't perfect, however, as he gave us Team Rifles in Halo 2 with the Banshee still on Ascension. :lol

MrDaravon

Shake Appeal said:
You can say what you like, NinjaOnFire has been pretty fucking responsive to community criticism. Yeah, it's a steady drip of change rather than a sudden gush, but the way they've hammered Arena out over the past two months has been impressive.

Agreed. Almost all of the map/playlist complaints I have and hear about are pretty much Invasion/BTB focused which may or may not upset you depending on if you play those at all. Some of the tweaks took a lot longer than I'm happy about, but as it stands right now today Matchmaking as a whole is a ton better than it was day one.

Striker

Halo 2's playlists started off really wonky, as well. Of course they got it all jazzed out and materialized months later. Not until Halo 3 hit they made basically everything casual, i,e, Big Team becoming Big Team Duals and Big Team Rockets.

The 2005 and 2006 years were amazing for the game, though.

NH Apache

Banned
Dax01 said:
Hemorrhage has to be one of the worst CTF maps in recent memory. Nothing ever gets done on that map unless one team outnumbers the other.

Also, I hope Bungie, when they update the game with a TU, give the Warthog and mongoose a little more grounded feeling. The controls are a little too floaty as is. There's no reason to risk going full speed over a hill or something or risk having any fun wit hit because you get flipped over at the slightest bump.

I don't understand the hate. This map has been around since the beginning. If you are complaining about drop shield, play smarter.

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/GameStats.aspx?gameid=316542942&player=NH Apache

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/GameStats.aspx?gameid=316529354&player=NH Apache

Thats from last night with randoms.

Still one of my favorite maps.

Man..as much as I don't want to support Gamestop's shitty idea of pre-ordering DLC, I might just have to do that for this map pack. I don't have the money to get a 1600 point card, and I can't add MS points via Live, since the card that's currently attached to my account isn't mine, and I have no way of getting money to the owner of the card(my friend) :(

NH Apache said:
I don't understand the hate. This map has been around since the beginning. If you are complaining about drop shield, play smarter.

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/GameStats.aspx?gameid=316542942&player=NH Apache

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/GameStats.aspx?gameid=316529354&player=NH Apache

Thats from last night with randoms.

Still one of my favorite maps.
Who said anything about the drop shield? My experience on the map has been "stalemate central" unless one team outnumbers the other, and that's boring. It's hard to do anything by yourself on the map, given the great amount of open space and lack of mancannons. The base design is rather poor to boot.

Willeth

Dax01 said:
Who said anything about the drop shield? My experience on the map has been "stalemate central" unless one team outnumbers the other, and that's boring. It's hard to do anything by yourself on the map, given the great amount of open space and lack of mancannons. The base design is rather poor to boot.
My issue with Haemorrhage is that it only takes one guy sitting in your base to spawn you right out in the open, and because he's in your base, they now have both snipers.

I mean, yeah, if you let them take your base, fair enough. But we should at least have a chance to claw back from mistakes like that.

neoism

Guys do you get the credits from co-op campaign even if you leave the game. I was playing Nightfall on normal, and everyone quit out, I was going to finish the level, but The hunters wouldn't spawn...... :/

It is a map based on a map that was dated in 2001, for a game that had very different gameplay, and which people rarely played in the kind of competitive spirit seen on Live.

It represents about ten steps and then a leap backwards from Valhalla.

pakkit

Banned
Can't wait for Season 4 of Arena. Removing armor lock, reenabling radar for doubles, adding jet pack and reducing grenades to one...

Pretty much my perfect competitive playlist.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Striker said:
Halo 2's playlists started off really wonky, as well. Of course they got it all jazzed out and materialized months later. Not until Halo 3 hit they made basically everything casual, i,e, Big Team becoming Big Team Duals and Big Team Rockets.

The 2005 and 2006 years were amazing for the game, though.

The rampant cheating sucked balls though. The best for me was the MLG Playlist in Halo 3. I ended with almost 4k exp in that playlist. <3<3<3

Gui_PT

neoism said:
Guys do you get the credits from co-op campaign even if you leave the game. I was playing Nightfall on normal, and everyone quit out, I was going to finish the level, but The hunters wouldn't spawn...... :/

Jun probably got "stuck" somewhere. Happened to me too.

Either you kill yourself a few times to go back to a previous checkpoint or just go through the big door using the forklift trick.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
HaloGAF Customs start in 15 minutes.

timetokill said:
Thanks to everyone who joined in the ForgeGAF customs today! :D I put up a recap and impressions in the Forge thread.

Is there any chance you could do the ForegGAF Customs on another day or time? Ending just before regular Customs starts is really prohibiting my and other's ability to participate - I can't well sit and play a Customs marathon for 5 or 6 hours. =\

Striker

Shake Appeal said:
It is a map based on a map that was dated in 2001, for a game that had very different gameplay, and which people rarely played in the kind of competitive spirit seen on Live.

It represents about ten steps and then a leap backwards from Valhalla.
The bases are Blood Gulch, but the landscape is more Coagulation, save Bungie's odd locations for the teleporters. Coagulation had a great setup of a base, which is completely different than the base nature of Blood Gulch's structure.

Dani said:
HaloGAF Customs start in 15 minutes.

Is there any chance you could do the ForegGAF Customs on another day or time? Ending just before regular Customs starts is really prohibiting my and other's ability to participate - I can't well sit and play a Customs marathon for 5 or 6 hours. =\
There were a fair few UK players that you wouldnt see at our usual time. Both can co-exist just fine :p

Can you do the 1,000,000 points thing in Custom or do you have to do it under Firefight or whatever?

I only play Team Slayer and Score Attack so I have no idea about any modes outside those two.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Meltdown
Opposition
Ghostbusters
Valhavalanche
Reactor
Yeti Bay
Samsara
Bifrost
Typhon
Great Bear Lodge
Bear Canyon
Crossroads

Looks like the we got some nice maps for tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom