• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember R E A C H |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrDaravon

In every playlist do you always have to get first team no matter what for it to count as a win, even if it's a free for all or multi-team list? Last time we had one of the win challenges getting 2nd place in multi-team didn't count for it, which was lame :(

Domino Theory said:
Yeah. I'm going to have 15 DLC codes and 15 Mark V Flaming Helmet Avatar Helmets.

Yeah, you read that right.
You are a angel. I hope the DLC codes will be available, too. Then maybe I'll give away something.

xxjuicesxx said:
Stuff should be worth a lot more credits now that the gaps are larger. Plus CoD its hard to find time to switch over.
I agree, the daily challenge rewards are so paltry. It doesn't make sense, considering the time some of them require. I have little desire to play Reach these days, as everyone on my friends list is playing Black Ops. :( I love the game, don't get me wrong, but Reach is definitely way more fun with friends.

pakkit

Banned
Ramirez said:
Awesome, I love it when randoms get tore up because you don't use your mic. Then they send messages like that and wonder why I don't want to talk to them in the first place.
I'm not at all defending that guy's funny rant, but I find it annoying when people join Doubles Arena and don't have their mic activated. If you want to play well in that game mode, it certainly helps.

I'm liking this game a lot more. Asylum is a glorious map. I enjoy Boardwalk too, it's so expansive that it allows multiple gameplay styles and can't be controlled by sniper (unlike, say, Pinnacle). At this point, the only map I truly hate is Zealot.

Keep the gameplay tweaks coming, Bungie! :)

Gui_PT

LordPhoque said:
Which playlist would you suggest to get the three killing sprees challenge ? Only managed to get one today, I suck :(

You can just go to invasion and let your bro spawn on you 5 times.

Sai-kun

Banned
Shake Appeal said:
Do you want to put your last few hundred Halo-related posts next to mine and see who comes across as madder? :lol
Dude you are sooooo mad right now!

Also, I may have something planned for DLC too. Thanks to Domino for the inspiration :)

Hey You

SailorDaravon said:
In every playlist do you always have to get first team no matter what for it to count as a win, even if it's a free for all or multi-team list? Last time we had one of the win challenges getting 2nd place in multi-team didn't count for it, which was lame :(
Isn't it in FFA you have to be top half? It was in H3.

And weird, I would have thought being in the top 3 or 4 (How many teams in Multi Team again?) would have count as a Win.

Any tips on how not to suck with the DMR? I didn't notice until I got in Arena but I seem to lose almost every DMR battle I get into. I never had this problem with Halo 2/3 so I assume I'm firing too fast?

I won 1/5 arena games today. :(

Gui_PT said:
If your bro spawns on you 5 times without you dying, you get a spawn spree. Which counts for the challenge.

Thanks. Just got my second killing spree on big team slayer, I'll do the last one on Invasion.

The 3 sprees challenge is really easy. You could play Infection/TeamSniper and kill 5 in a row and you'll get two sprees(Zombie Spree/SniperSpree + normal KillingSpree).

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
More often than not I find it beneficial to shoot calmly and slowly rather than more rapidly. I don't have the greatest DMR but I do pretty well with it. It's important to recognize the distance between you and another player and shoot accordingly. Know where you're at on the map, know when to "spam" and when not to. Know when to crouch shoot, know when to back down from a fight and when to push. All of these have a huge impact on a DMR battle.

Ramirez

Shake Appeal said:
Do you want to put your last few hundred Halo-related posts next to mine and see who comes across as madder? :lol

I was talking about Omlet, good grief. :lol

You did get Dax to give you a pat on the back though, I just hope it doesn't ruin his other relationship.

Know when to crouch shoot

Thanks Sage for this awesome new gameplay element.

GhaleonEB

And it strikes again.

I just went in to do some more work on a Forge map, and the current version loads up as the most recent version of Crossroads. I've been saving a new iteration of the map every time I do a major building session, to chronicle it for the Forge blog. And I'm up to version 8, called Beach 8. If I select it, Crossroads 2.0 shows up as the selected map. Beach 7 pulls up as Beach 7. And everything else is fine. But Beach 8? It's now Crossroads.

And that version had about three days of heavy building, lots of iteration and detail worked into it. And it's gone.

It's the kind of thing that makes me not want to even bother. This is the third time a big swath of work has been wiped out by the same bug.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
GhaleonEB said:
And it strikes again.

I just went in to do some more work on a Forge map, and the current version loads up as the most recent version of Crossroads. I've been saving a new iteration of the map every time I do a major building session, to chronicle it for the Forge blog. And I'm up to version 8, called Beach 8. If I select it, Crossroads 2.0 shows up as the selected map. Beach 7 pulls up as Beach 7. And everything else is fine. But Beach 8? It's now Crossroads.

And that version had about three days of heavy building, lots of iteration and detail worked into it. And it's gone.

It's the kind of thing that makes me not want to even bother. This is the third time a big swath of work has been wiped out by the same bug.

Odd, I've never encountered this bug on that scale yet it seems to haunt you every few weeks. Mindnumbing.

I think the only solution is backing up a copy on your file share but that's more hassle.

Tashi

Oh so playing Gamebattles yesterday we matched against the number 4 ranked team. We lost 2-1 but we all agreed to play v2 MLG settings. They weren't as bad as I originally thought. They're better than default Reach but definitely not as good as v1. You can't use sprint until 5 seconds after you respawn. I think the Sprint speed is faster than the default. I could be wrong but it really did seem faster. The gametypes were ones we've played though so I haven't had full games in assault, ball or 1 flag. I'm skeptical. MLG needs to add v2 to gamebattles already, no one wants to play the old settings anymore.

Dug

Banned
Has anyone here ever played on the map Mindwarp? I was playing around on it today, and I imagine it being pretty fun to play against friends on.

It's basically like Distortion in Halo 3, except bigger. (Also has two ghosts, I believe.)

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Ramirez said:
I was talking about Omlet, good grief. :lol

You did get Dax to give you a pat on the back though, I just hope it doesn't ruin his other relationship.

Thanks Sage for this awesome new gameplay element.

Give me a crossbow and I won't be mad. :D

I can picture Shake Appeal marching down the avenue where Bungie's studio is located, pitchfork in hand and this music playing in the background: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bq_jS6o3OoY

Ramirez

Tashi0106 said:
Oh so playing Gamebattles yesterday we matched against the number 4 ranked team. We lost 2-1 but we all agreed to play v2 MLG settings. They weren't as bad as I originally thought. They're better than default Reach but definitely not as good as v1. You can't use sprint until 5 seconds after you respawn. I think the Sprint speed is faster than the default. I could be wrong but it really did seem faster. The gametypes were ones we've played though so I haven't had full games in assault, ball or 1 flag. I'm skeptical. MLG needs to add v2 to gamebattles already, no one wants to play the old settings anymore.

I'm really stunned that they're using sprint/evade, why not just increase the movement speed? Those AA's just make the game hokey, sprint makes it way too easy to get away, and sprint+melee is one of the worst things in the game. Evade is a complete joke, trying to shoot someone while they're barrel rolling every where is near impossible, just cheapens the overall experience of the gameplay. I really thought I could at least look to MLG to remove the garbage from the game, but it seems they're embracing it. :lol

Tashi

Well the speed is increased by 10 percent, and so is the jump height. It was 120% speed in v1. Evade was a pickup on Zealot and was really a non factor in the game. I think the roll was reduced because I picked it up to try it and got shit on when I used it lol. What I did notice with the sprint start now was that I could tell where people are on the map because you could hear them sprinting around. Helps with awareness a ton and helps me because I like to play sneaky. In arena I use hologram only so I'm used to moving around maps when everyone has sprint but me.

As for sprint melee, melee damage has been reduced to 75%. It takes 3 melees to kill a fully shielded guy. I think what we'll see is a guy shoot and instantly melee to drop shields and then finish however he likes. It really changes close range Halo gameplay.

Roche178 said:
Damn that's impressive. That's what Halo Reach modders need to be doing, making cool stuff like that rather than focusing on cheating the game.

That is what most of the good modders actually do, the ones who cheat are usually people who are just getting into the modding scene and don't care about trying to make cool changes to the game, only cheating.

Roche

Plywood said:
So is it okay to talk about campaign in here or no?

It's mostly just in relation to multiplayer.

Yeah you can talk about campaign here it was just moved here because it's primarily mutiplayer.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
When trying out Ghostbusters 2.0 last night someone managed to be the Last Man Standing for over a minute. Unbelievable. The video below shows the slow moving tide of green death shift over the the grassy hills in pursuit.

Captain Blood said:
I really wish I could be there when the decisions on which songs to play in these kind of videos are made :lol

I keep Youtube muted when watching Halo videos for good reason. :lol

MrBig

Dani said:
When trying out Ghostbusters 2.0 last night someone managed to be the Last Man Standing for over a minute. Unbelievable. The video below shows the slow moving tide of green death shift over the the grassy hills in pursuit.

I keep Youtube muted when watching Halo videos for good reason. :lol

Is this me or Xenolock? I'm proud of that one kill I got while being rained on :D

MrBig said:
Is this me or Xenolock? I'm proud of that one kill I got while being rained on :D
That kill was me.. it was always me. Also, I killed you once when I was a zombie.. it killed me too... 30 fucking seconds Dani! :lol

Roche

Dani said:

Man I wish I could have been the last man for longer than thirty seconds that game it looked incredibly fun and hectic, I got trapped in the base though.

Dani seriously you really have to make an Xbox-freezing version with bottomless clip, I don't care if my Xbox explodes it would just add to the chaos of the thing and make it infinitely more fun.

ZayneH said:
Who was it that I was rolling around, making Spartan babies with?

That was me BTW, our spartan baby shall be the strongest baby of all time, our endless rolling ensured it. :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom